Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Travelling between Oasis Springs/Willow Creek

Does anyone know if this is confirmed possible? I know on the gameplay video, the 2 guys said that you could now travel without having to create a new save, but i think they only meant in between neighborhoods only??? which if it is, that means they completely lied to us in the video. If we can only travel between neighborhoods and not worlds, it's the exact same concept as The Sims 3's worlds. But then again, im not completely sure if we can travel between the worlds, oasis springs and willow creek without having to make a different save to play with in the different world.

Comments

• fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    edited July 2014
    Yes, they said you can travel between worlds just like between neighbourhoods and that you can even move to the new world without losing relationships with those in the other.
  • bflurybflury Posts: 2,603 Member
    edited July 2014
    I have heard its between worlds, but it hasn't been showing. You can do this in the Sims 3, but the difference is now it keeps relationships and such (like it should have in the Sims 3).
    "In Short, The Sims 4's biggest problem is that The Sims 3 exists." - Kevin VanOrd, Gamespot. Scored 6.0 of 10.
  • GazpachoidGazpachoid Posts: 372 Member
    edited July 2014
    bflury wrote:
    I have heard its between worlds, but it hasn't been showing. You can do this in the Sims 3, but the difference is now it keeps relationships and such (like it should have in the Sims 3).
    oh yeah i remember they put that in some update. but it was basically the same as creating a new save with the same family from the main menu except that with the update, it was an in-game option on the phone or computer. I also hope we can just visit the other world, and not have to move there to play in it. they could put like hotels in each world so visiting sims can stay there. but i doubt thats how its going to be.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
    edited July 2014
    We will be able to visit the world without moving there or we'll have the option to move there. This will work like Twallen's Traveling Mod from TS3. Sims won't lose relationships.

Also they said we can work in one world and live in the other so your sim can live in Willowlake and have a job in Oasis Springs.
    edited July 2014
    Also they said we can work in one world and live in the other so your sim can live in Willowlake and have a job in Oasis Springs.
    Umm Jobs are offscreen... why on earth would that even be relevant?
    "In Short, The Sims 4's biggest problem is that The Sims 3 exists." - Kevin VanOrd, Gamespot. Scored 6.0 of 10.
    edited July 2014
    bflury wrote:
    jobs are offscreen?!?! holy **** this game keeps getting worse and worse
  • JULES1111JULES1111 Posts: 4,489 Member
    edited July 2014
    Gazpachoid wrote:
    bflury wrote:
    jobs are offscreen?!?! holy **** this game keeps getting worse and worse

Ya schools are off screen too. :lol: There is no grocery or book or any other kinds of stores either :lol: Aparently sims only shop online. :lol:
    edited July 2014
    so what does the world have? a gym, park, what else?
    edited July 2014
    bflury wrote:

It's still relevant even if the jobs are off screen.
    edited July 2014
    Gazpachoid wrote:

Night clubs,lounges and other venues.
  • ceyricceyric Posts: 1,584 Member
    edited July 2014
    One of the only good things about the game I've seen so far.
    keep on keepin' on
  • MissTexasBMissTexasB Posts: 372 Member
    edited July 2014
    Wondering if you can vacation in other places or if this would be easily included in an EP? Like are there hotels available with the base game? See I'm not totally negative about the game just because I'm not planning on buying. LOL
    edited July 2014
    MissTexasB wrote:
    Wondering if you can vacation in other places or if this would be easily included in an EP? Like are there hotels available with the base game? See I'm not totally negative about the game just because I'm not planning on buying. LOL

No hotels. Grant did say if you had a friend in another world, they would probley let you stay there. :?
  • Damienf519Damienf519 Posts: 6,988 Member
    edited July 2014
    Gazpachoid,

I don't think they ever mentioned Oasis Springs or Willow Creek when they said you could travel between worlds, but I remember them specifically saying that you can travel from one world to any other world. I'm not sure exactly how it will work, but it should be possible to travel from either one of those worlds and back again without losing anything.
    edited July 2014
    Damienf519 wrote:
    I'm not sure exactly how it will work, but...
    Probably just like the mod that does this already in The Sims 3 today.
  • Damienf519Damienf519 Posts: 6,988 Member
    edited July 2014
    JULES1111 wrote:
    MissTexasB wrote:

No hotels. Grant did say if you had a friend in another world, they would probley let you stay there. :?

If they give us a world customization tool, and they should ( A lot of people will get bored with the game if the only worlds are the ones EA creates ) the Sims 4 would be the perfect game for a vacation slash resort / amusement part management expansion pack. Given the fact that it sound like we can visit any world and we won't have to worry about creating enough houses for all the Sims there, we could in theory create entire worlds that are giant amusement parks.
    edited July 2014
    Damienf519 wrote:
    If they give us a world customization tool, and they should ( A lot of people will get bored with the game if the only worlds are the ones EA creates )
    They have hinted that Create A World is a thing of the past. The way they are structured now is much more technical with loading screens and everything.
  • UtaDagdaUtaDagda Posts: 1,556 Member
    edited July 2014
    bflury wrote:

Yes they DID mention we can "live in one world and work in another" which is why I think jobs, at least some of them have either tasks you do or workplaces can be opened to a degree. Kinda like that EXP pack in TS3.
    Love The Sims? SIMMERSE YOURSELF. Join our community.
    I gave up singing. Sorry.
    Here have my luchADORE to cheer you up.
    luchad.pngluucha.gif
    edited July 2014
    Damienf519 wrote:
    JULES1111 wrote:
    MissTexasB wrote:

If they give us a world customization tool, and they should ( A lot of people will get bored with the game if the only worlds are the ones EA creates ) the Sims 4 would be the perfect game for a vacation slash resort / amusement part management expansion pack. Given the fact that it sound like we can visit any world and we won't have to worry about creating enough houses for all the Sims there, we could in theory create entire worlds that are giant amusement parks.

In theory yes. Although it would still be divided up by neighborhoods. It could work though, hotels and diners or something in one neighborhood, amusement park in another (although it would be pretty small on a max 50x50 lot) unless they made more than one park in more than one neighborhood. Guess we will just have to wait to see how something like that, if done, is implemented.
    edited July 2014
    Damienf519 wrote:
    Gazpachoid,

I don't think they ever mentioned Oasis Springs or Willow Creek when they said you could travel between worlds, but I remember them specifically saying that you can travel from one world to any other world. I'm not sure exactly how it will work, but it should be possible to travel from either one of those worlds and back again without losing anything.
    willow creek and oasis springs are two different worlds, i dont see why they wouldnt refer to those two when they say "you can travel between worlds". what im saying is that maybe they were trying to make it sound like we could travel between worlds, but instead they actually were saying we can travel between neighborhoods. in the video, he only travelled to a different neighborhood after saying that, not to a different world.
    edited July 2014
    Gazpachoid wrote:

Night clubs,lounges and other venues.
    are you sure there are night clubs and lounges? does that mean no need for another late night or nightlife expansion?
  • MylitaMylita Posts: 4,447 Member
    edited July 2014
    They have said we can travel between worlds without losing any connections to family and friends. Much like traveling to WA worlds. We can also move to another world without losing friends or family in the old world. It is not just for neighborhoods.

Mylita
    No friends requests, please.
  • stickykissesstickykisses Posts: 2,039 Member
    edited July 2014
    Each neighborhood (I personally think of them as cells in a honeycomb) consists of five tiny lots and a medium size park. There are five of these neighborhoods in a world, and two worlds so 50 lots in total when the sims 3 basegame had a 100 or something? Every lot gets it's own loading screen.

They cut a lot of stuff from the base game... :roll:
  • TeenBansheeTeenBanshee Posts: 270 Member
    edited July 2014
    Stop saying there are two different worlds when there is only ONE. There are two towns or neighborhoods NOT worlds.
    edited July 2014
    They have clearly syated you can move between any neighborhood, and/or world. That will include the two worlds in the base and any world added after. You loose nothing traveling or even moving. Everything is connected for you to go to.