Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

TS4 is NOT Mobile!

I am sick and tired of hearing how "mobile" the game looks. This has got the be one of the stupidest comments I've heard about TS4. There's nothing mobile about it. I see absolutely nothing that screams "Straight from the app store" within the game. I dare you to look at the The Sims mobile games and compare them to TS4. You will find no likeness. Suck it up buttercup and get over it. You don't have to buy it if you don't like it.
siggy2_zpsxccvrfnz.png
FIND ME ON THE GALLERY: holdenwade97

Comments

• benz0sbenz0s Posts: 271 Member
    edited July 2014
    It looks like The Sims Freeplay with less gameplay.
    Accept it and move on.
  • Alexis402Alexis402 Posts: 238 Member
    edited July 2014
    What an uncalled for post. Let people have their opinions. It does remind me of sims freeplay in way but there is nothing wrong with that.
  • colton147colton147 Posts: 9,663 Member
    edited July 2014
    Actually the Sims 4 may be released on mobile like they did with the Sims 3 soon. :P
  • Callum9432Callum9432 Posts: 6,462 Member
    edited July 2014
    The 2D skill bar and white line around anything that the cursor is over just scream mobile, as far as I'm concerned. Also the emphasis on pushing and pulling, which is something that I like, but I can't deny that it was clearly thought of with touch screens in mind.

The original online direction of this game is speculated to have included cross-platform capabilities with mobile devices, and there is evidence all over the game, like the pushing and pulling, to back that up.
  • BlazerineBlazerine Posts: 2,544 Member
    edited July 2014
    You can't convince bias people. They don't understand "art styles."
  • drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,115 Member
    edited July 2014
    Given how EA wants to streamline their games, it's almost a sure fire thing that this game will end up on numerous platforms within the next couple years. Look at The Sims 3, it was on every major console, as well as handheld and mobile. They have touted for a while now how this game will run "well" on low end machines, and if low end computers can handle it I am sure tablets can as well. There are actually some really powerful tablets out there, such as the iPad and Galaxy lines of tablets.

I get why you are saying it's not a mobile game, but that is just currently. No one knows how the game is actually set up, or how it works. They could have built this game with the intention of porting it to different platforms, we really just don't know.
  • MoonbarkerMoonbarker Posts: 1,281 Member
    edited July 2014
    It doesn't look like a pc game made in 2014 that's for sure.
  • Sk8rblazeSk8rblaze Posts: 7,570 Member
    edited July 2014
    benz0s wrote:
    It looks like The Sims Freeplay with less gameplay.
    Accept it and move on.

Sims 4 isn't for you.
    Accept it and move on.
    edited July 2014
    Callum9432 wrote:
    The 2D skill bar and white line around anything that the cursor is over just scream mobile, as far as I'm concerned. Also the emphasis on pushing and pulling, which is something that I like, but I can't deny that it was clearly thought of with touch screens in mind.

The original online direction of this game is speculated to have included cross-platform capabilities with mobile devices, and there is evidence all over the game, like the pushing and pulling, to back that up.

I think we need a new executive producer for the sims... I mean, no offense to the one we have now, but I've read that she mostly has experience in mobile marketing, social networking, and all that online stuff. So maybe if we got a new one, we might get a new direction for the sims. One can only hope lol.
  • Whovian97Whovian97 Posts: 392 Member
    edited July 2014
    You people are nuts! I love the look of the game and the UI is awesome! You're all just too picky all because it wasn't in a certain color or it wasn't 3D.
    siggy2_zpsxccvrfnz.png
  • Whovian97Whovian97 Posts: 392 Member
    edited July 2014
    Moonbarker wrote:
    Callum9432 wrote:

I think we need a new executive producer for the sims... I mean, no offense to the one we have now, but I've read that she mostly has experience in mobile marketing, social networking, and all that online stuff. So maybe if we got a new one, we might get a new direction for the sims. One can only hope lol.

I like Rachel Franklin. I think she's doing a great job!
    siggy2_zpsxccvrfnz.png
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited July 2014
    Blazerine wrote:

I have to agree with Callum9432. I'm glad it just isn't me that thinks game looks like it's for mobile.

Please tell me why all the Sims, the objects and the even a tree has white lines around them in this game? 'That' has nothing to do with art style. In previous games if you moused over a fridge or something you would see it highlighted slightly but now the Sims in this game look like card board cuts out if you mouse over them. Even some things in the environment. Do I need to know an apple tree is a simple tree that bares fruit? This is The Sims not some HO game or some RPG game with references like that in the environments. Which is sometimes common in those games. Since when does the Sim player need white lines around everything with a description and around the Sims themselves?

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
    edited July 2014
    Cinebar wrote:
    Blazerine wrote:

I have to agree with Callum9432. I'm glad it just isn't me that thinks game looks like it's for mobile.

Please tell me why all the Sims, the objects and the even a tree has white line around them for this game? 'That' has nothing to do with art style. In previous games if you moused over a fridge or something you would see it highlighted slightly but now the Sims in this game look like card board cuts out if you mouse over them. Even some things in the environment. Do I need to know an apple tree is a simple tree that bares fruit? This is The Sims not some HO game or some RPG game with references like that in the environments. Which is sometimes common in those games. Since when does the Sim player need while lines around everything with a description and around the Sims themselves.

I feel this way too. I wish they would stay AWAY from all that RPG, online stuff :roll:
  • SkobeeSkobee Posts: 2,864 Member
    edited July 2014
    Yes, cause Sims 3 was so ffing realistic! Floating cars, future expansions, imaginary dolls, aliens, weird deaths. Just shut up would ya.

And it's not a worthless thread, people are making petitions over BARS.

JoselineEyeRoll.gif
    Origin ID - RosyAngelina
    edited July 2014
    Whovian97 wrote:
    You people are nuts! I love the look of the game and the UI is awesome! You're all just too picky all because it wasn't in a certain color or it wasn't 3D.
    So people are nuts for having a different opinion?

I like the graphics too, and I like most of the UI, as well as the emphasis on pushing and pulling. I still won't deny that a lot of design choices were clearly made with mobiles in mind.
  • kake123123kake123123 Posts: 162 Member
    edited July 2014
    Yes, cause Sims 3 was so ffing realistic! Floating cars, future expansions, imaginary dolls, aliens, weird deaths. Just shut up would ya.

JoselineEyeRoll.gif

Excuseme.gif
  • SkobeeSkobee Posts: 2,864 Member
    edited July 2014
    kake123123 wrote:

JoselineEyeRoll.gif

Excuseme.gif

Excuse you!?

tumblr_mg9g85ZSpp1s2t77so1_500.gif
    Origin ID - RosyAngelina
  • AmbaAestheticAmbaAesthetic Posts: 955 Member
    edited July 2014
    Alexis402 wrote:
    What an uncalled for post. Let people have their opinions. It does remind me of sims freeplay in way but there is nothing wrong with that.

So its ok for people to make posts about it looking mobile but not ok to post about the opinion that it doesn't? .. :roll: :roll:
    Back after a 5year break away.
    I mainly build. I don't use CC just 'moveobjects'.
    Was mainly known on the good old sims 3 forums.

• Ze_Blue_PandaZe_Blue_Panda Posts: 351 Member
    edited July 2014
    Wouldn't be a great thing if you could have a full Pc sims game on a tablet that you can play anywhere? A full game with no ads or time limits.

I feel like some of you guys just don't like technology or something. Who cares if it was made for mobile or not? We had plenty of sims games on different platforms, for apps and gameboy consoles.

Some games (mostly handheld) are ported to the phone anyway. Heck there's a app right now that will let you play pokemon on your phone.

Ts4 right now is only for PC, but y'all act like porting that to tablet or something is physically hurting you.

People have a right to their opinion, but don't cry when others think your opinion is wrong or ridiculous.
    edited July 2014
    Alexis402 wrote:

So its ok for people to make posts about it looking mobile but not ok to post about the opinion that it doesn't? .. :roll: :roll:
    This thread is not about the OP's opinion that it doesn't look like a mobile game, it's about the OP telling other people that their opinion is wrong. Not only is that incorrect, but this forum is for discussing our opinions of the game, not for someone to discuss their opinion of another poster or their posts.
    edited July 2014
    Alexis402 wrote:

I meant his tone....
  • ValandisValandis Posts: 2,008 Member
    edited July 2014
    edited July 2014
    Callum9432 wrote:
    Alexis402 wrote:

This thread is not about the OP's opinion that it doesn't look like a mobile game, it's about the OP telling other people that their opinion is wrong. Not only is that incorrect, but this forum is for discussing our opinions of the game, not for someone to discuss their opinion of another poster or their posts.

Calm down. I meant the tone of the post.
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited July 2014
    Wouldn't be a great thing if you could have a full Pc sims game on a tablet that you can play anywhere? A full game with no ads or time limits.

I feel like some of you guys just don't like technology or something. Who cares if it was made for mobile or not? We had plenty of sims games on different platforms, for apps and gameboy consoles.

Some games (mostly handheld) are ported to the phone anyway. Heck there's a app right now that will let you play pokemon on your phone.

Ts4 right now is only for PC, but y'all act like porting that to tablet or something is physically hurting you.

People have a right to their opinion, but don't cry when others think your opinion is wrong or ridiculous.

Here's the problem with that for me. Other platforms usually aren't the full game. As we can see with missing toddlers, pools, or anything else until much, much later. PS2 TS2 is not at all like the actual game and EPs. Some of those games have a lot more RPG questing feel to them. That isn't what I want in my full new base game.

I have never heard the beat what people are saying, willing to buy a base because 'there might be EPs' later. I know OT, but people should (at least me) be buying a game because it is exactly what they wanted, unmodded and no need to wait on an EP. I never thought oh, I will go ahead and buy TS1 because this stuff will be added later, or oh, I will go ahead and buy TS2 because they will add later or patch later. That really is silly as far as me buying something like that. I buy on what it is, and TS4 isn't all they promised for the core of the game.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
    edited July 2014

Yes, it would be great if you could have a full PC game to play on a tablet, but that's not possible. To do that, you have to hold back the PC version, design it for lower-spec technology that's outdated in PCs, rather than fully utilising up-to-date technology. That's why some people have a problem with it.

I don't care that much, at least not with TS4 (like I've said, I do like a lot of the mobile-based aspects regardless), but I still won't deny that certain aspects look designed for mobiles.