Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Walk Styles, Diverse emotions, etc! Who is staying optimistic?

13...Next

Comments

• Options
    halimali1980halimali1980 Posts: 8,246 Member
    edited July 2014
    Pyzia wrote:
    ebuchala wrote:
    I'm totally excited for the game. I'm looking forward to the new emotions and multitasking systems. Unsure about the closed world because I haven't played 2 in so long I don't remember what it was like but I don't think it's going to make me dislike the game, just make it different than what I'm used to in 3.

I stop playing TS2 in 2009 and I didn't really remember how it was. So i decided to install and see and... I think it's even better than TS3 in some aspects ;) Loading screens takes about 15 seconds (between lots) and I really like "off screen" school and job because now my sim is home 10 sim minutes after he finish school/work instead 1h like in TS3 (because he had to drive through whole city, it took even longer when they had to swim!). I hope whole garden will need attention like in TS2 - trim bushes, water plants etc ;) I can still see whole neighborhood from bird-view and it's great ;) I have other "additions" like "open for businesses" with just shops or "downtown" with clubs. I think it's way better than open world!

From what I understand they improved TS2 style with addition of community space - so sim will be able to jog, meet friend etc. And for me it's great!

Totally agree with that.
    Sims 3 style of gaming might be more ideal when processors are at 10Ghz in future and Graphic cards come up with 8-10 GB RAM.

But for now I think loading and small lots suits the game play way better. In Sims 3 no matter how good your PC specs are the game keeps loading objects even when you are moving in the same world. everything just keeps rendering all the time. grey objects, incomplete building etc. It was not like that with the base game but after more EPs it is totally laggy.

The Open world should not be ideal for now. In a way it is good that it is removed
    Everything I post is an opinion here and I think every post of others is as well.
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    alyssasim87alyssasim87 Posts: 1,277 Member
    edited July 2014
    Im not optimistic but Im anxiosly excited about this game.

I admit I do whine on the negative threads about toddlers because toddlers are really important to me.

But the rest of the game looks like its loads of fun. I think its more a comnination of the sims 2 and 3. Theres asperation from s2 and traits from s3. The world is partially open and Im ok with that. The emotions excite me and it just looks like a brand new worlds and sims ready to explore. Im nervous about it that I wont like it as much as the other games, but I want to try the game out. It might be totally worth it and if not then Ill always have sims 2 and 3. But bring on the sims 4
    my origin id is simkitten87

Im a simmer forever <3
  • Options
    LaellaLaella Posts: 519 Member
    edited July 2014
    I added the Sims 4 to my list of new release games I'm buying this year, the rest are released in October, one of which is another EA title. I like change, I notice most people that are saying there is no way they're buying it or that it's a big mess and ruining the franchise sound like they were after something exactly the same as what they have right now. Not me, I don't want another Sims 3 game I want a new game to explore and get used to. I still play the sims 2 as well as the sims 3 because they are different chapters of the same franchise and dissimilar enough to warrant having purchased the next "chapter".

I do have the CAS demo and I think they did an amazing job upgrading how to create sims. I don't boot up the demo much now as I don't have a reason to, I now wait until the release which couldn't come soon enough. I have nothing much to do until September 4th which is the Australian release date for the sims 4.
    But it will give me from the 4th September to the 9th October to play The Sims 4 before I get distracted by the other games I'm buying (9th oct, 17th Oct, 24th Oct)

October will be one hell of a month!! September to December is going to rock for me with sims 4, dragon age and many other games to keep me entertained. I don't work or study, just look after my baby daughter who loves watching me play games
    and crawling/climbing all over me
    stealing my glasses
    stealing the controller, mouse and/or keyboard
    stealing my headphones if I'm using them
    turning my computer/console off on me
    throwing toys at me if I forget to give her attention every 30 minutes

Bring it on! I love my days playing with my daughter and sometimes she lets me get in some video game time :D . Her father gets to miss out on all the fun!
  • Options
    Cyron43Cyron43 Posts: 8,055 Member
    edited July 2014
    Noogster wrote:
    Everyone has great opinions and hopes for TS4! that is exactly what I want to hear! :mrgreen:
    Uhm, that's called selective perception.
    This space is for rent.
  • Options
    NoogsterNoogster Posts: 627 Member
    edited July 2014
    Cyron43 wrote:
    Noogster wrote:
    Everyone has great opinions and hopes for TS4! that is exactly what I want to hear! :mrgreen:

Selective perception? no, this thread is for positivity, I'm sure you would have understood that though.
    (of course not but let's continue)

I assume you're still probably going to try and upset me about this which is fine but nobody is ignoring any fact. This game is releasing on September 2nd (and that's different for other areas) and that's it. We aren't missing any information on it. We've read the negative threads and we know what is missing.

I don't fully understand what the point of your post is either, do you need popularity? is that why you're posting in threads without any exceptional, real input?

Let this thread carry on and let people who want the game be happy. Heck, you should be happy for us. :wink: Don't tell us what we're missing, because we know. Half of it isn't even missing, because it's been patched into TS3. That can easily be said for TS4 when it comes out (the patching) ..so don't get your trousers in a tangle. :lol:

060.png?w=300&h=285

The fact you think this is selective perception is lovely, though. I suppose we're all just Sims 4 jehovah witnesses as well, trying to spread the word of what's been added in the game, but whatever floats your tiny, rotting boat.

• Options
    LittleMinxUndrLittleMinxUndr Posts: 4,196 Member
    edited July 2014
    Cyron43 wrote:
    Noogster wrote:

Like the rest of the forum-peeps only seeing the bad, are purposefully blind to the good stuff and are pushing their bile and vitriol on everybody, next to not shying away from ridiculing those who do not see things their way.
  • Options
    catitude5catitude5 Posts: 2,537 Member
    edited July 2014
    XxAirixX wrote:
    I am completely excited. New animations and walk styles and all that can help make sims seem more alive and varied without being over realistically creepy.

I don't mind about the stuff being taken out for the most part (I can't say I am much of a fan of toddlers after playing sims 3 and just age them up fast anyways).

I am looking forward to trying out different things, the new relationship bar where I can make enemies with benefits now. :D

There are many games that have very realistic people, and no one seems to think that's creepy. Why do so many think having realistic sims would be creepy?
  • Options
    LittleMinxUndrLittleMinxUndr Posts: 4,196 Member
    edited July 2014
    catitude5 wrote:
    XxAirixX wrote:
    I am completely excited. New animations and walk styles and all that can help make sims seem more alive and varied without being over realistically creepy.

I don't mind about the stuff being taken out for the most part (I can't say I am much of a fan of toddlers after playing sims 3 and just age them up fast anyways).

I am looking forward to trying out different things, the new relationship bar where I can make enemies with benefits now. :D

There are many games that have very realistic people, and no one seems to think that's creepy. Why do so many think having realistic sims would be creepy?

Due to a thing called 'uncanny valley', where digital, or even true robotics, versions of human beings become as real as the biological human beings.
    While the developments in that direction are certainly interesting to follow, I do agree that overly realistic Sims are creepy as ***.
  • Options
    fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    edited July 2014
    Noogster wrote:
    I've been lately seeing a lot of negativity towards the game and many people are nitpicking tiny things like eyelashes, or even long arms.

Is anyone out there who is excited for this game? Excited for what it has added and not cared that much towards what was removed? Maybe not even that, but decided tot ake a chance to see what it has added even though something you like was removed (i.e toddlers)?

Very excited for this game! I watched the Sims3 Official promo this morning:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WygyK8pvikQ

and when I compare that to the animations here:

http://www.thesims.com/

I am absolutely thrilled by the new look.

I'm still playing 3 while waiting, and it only makes me want it more due to the lags (and crashes).

I'm looking at it as a whole new level of play, and not at it as something that left everything out and is an unfinished game.

Looking very forward to see the game play video and the UI.

• Options
    Oneice27Oneice27 Posts: 314 Member
    edited July 2014
    I'm super excited! I already have it in my mind what I am going to do first! ^^

Only one thing worries me, and that's the idea of my sims going off and doing things on their own while I'm playing another household. Mainly because I don't want someone hitting on my sim or them leaving their partners =3= Probably the ONLY thing that has me worried, anything else?

NOPE! MY BODY IS READY!! *Presses nose to calender with a crazed stare*
    Keep calm and sim on friend-os!

**Icon image is of my character, drawn for my by fellow artist ^^ I always play out him and his gal's story in the sims, going to be exciting to bring it to the sims 4!**
  • Options
    wickedjr89wickedjr89 Posts: 1,777 Member
    edited July 2014
    My body is ready as well!!! *counts down the days incessantly*