The final, special edition of the Friday Highlights has been posted here. Take a trip down memory lane with us.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Walk Styles, Diverse emotions, etc! Who is staying optimistic?

Comments

• Options
    brianna123bbrianna123b Posts: 159 Member
    edited July 2014
    I'm feeling optimistic. I don't don't if I'll get it at release or if I decide to pre-order after the live mode video. But as of right now I know I'll get the game, maybe opening week or after I see a few gameplay videos on Youtube.
  • Options
    epigirl08epigirl08 Posts: 219 Member
    edited July 2014
    I am optimistic for this game. I was unsure at first my perspective has changed the more I read the forums. So many people are upset and angry because isn't finished. I would disagree with that statement. This game is finished. I believe that many people are upset because this game isn't exactly like previous games.

No it doesn't have toddlers. Or pools. Or basements. Or possibly garages or cars.

But this isn't Sims 3, Sims 2, or Sims 1. This is Sims 4. This is a new game. This is what we as a community have been asking for for years and when we finally get what we've been asking for, we have the nerve to say that it isn't good enough.

I wonder if anyone has thought perhaps EA started from new so they could give us something even better than Sims 1,2, or, (maybe possibly even), 3?

I have the hope that the creators of Sims 4 are working to give us something amazing and while we get upset and moan now in years we will say that we would rather play Sims 4 than purchase Sims 5 and grumble about how they are changing everything.

Change is hard. But once you embrace it, it's pretty awesome.

Bring on your change, EA. I'm ready for a new game.
  • Options
    EvalenEvalen Posts: 10,223 Member
    edited July 2014
    Well I am sure you all know that I am super, ecstatic for the Sims 4.
    I only wish that it was coming sooner.
    I can hardly play my sims 3, I am so excited.
    I love everything that I have seen, from the CAS that I can't wait to get my hands on, even if I have to wait until Sep 2.
    to the build mode, the looks of the neighborhoods, the desert world, I love that my sims will have emotions, love the part open world with the public areas. I love there are no RH, multitasking, I am not in any way concerned about the things that other have posted are not in the base game. Looking at the pictures and videos there is so much more in the game, I do not see a empty world at all. I see being able to go out and talk and unite with other sims I the public area, BBQ, sims will be able to fish, paint, write, collect, Oh how the gardening sounds so great, who wants a gardener, I want my sims to garden them self. library, gym, bars, diner we can go into. This is all the things I like to do, dance, sing, play musical instruments. punching bag, exercise, your sims don't have to walk crazy, it's up to you. so much, much more included. I just can't wait. I can have a beautiful yard without a pool, pool will come later. I can make a nice patio, with BBQ, tables and chairs, flower gardens, My sim can cook home cooked meals, have dinner parties, make cakes, I can make homes without foundations that I love, I can add foundations if I choose, add rooms anytime I want. when more children come, more rooms. I love the furniture that I have seen. love how sims interact with one another. my kids can play musical instruments, so much more. the way I play I will not miss one thing. I will only gain a better sims game play. I can take a lot and make into a homeless lot, with lots of trees and bushes, to play homeless. Homeless in the desert with just a shack.I will be buying the sims 4. Walk style make it what you want. emotions you can also make them what you want, the guru said if you want to play the family life you can.
    I'll stop because I could go on and on.
  • Options
    NoogsterNoogster Posts: 627 Member
    edited July 2014
    Everyone has great opinions and hopes for TS4! that is exactly what I want to hear! :mrgreen:
  • Options
    thesims3andtwothesims3andtwo Posts: 4,643 Member
    edited July 2014
    epigirl08 wrote:
    I am optimistic for this game. I was unsure at first my perspective has changed the more I read the forums. So many people are upset and angry because isn't finished. I would disagree with that statement. This game is finished. I believe that many people are upset because this game isn't exactly like previous games.

No it doesn't have toddlers. Or pools. Or basements. Or possibly garages or cars.

But this isn't Sims 3, Sims 2, or Sims 1. This is Sims 4. This is a new game. This is what we as a community have been asking for for years and when we finally get what we've been asking for, we have the nerve to say that it isn't good enough.

I wonder if anyone has thought perhaps EA started from new so they could give us something even better than Sims 1,2, or, (maybe possibly even), 3?

I have the hope that the creators of Sims 4 are working to give us something amazing and while we get upset and moan now in years we will say that we would rather play Sims 4 than purchase Sims 5 and grumble about how they are changing everything.

THIS !!!
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited July 2014
    Genuinely thrilled with what I am seeing. Like I have said all along - but peope who wanted this to be a sims 4 version of Sims 3 because Sims 3 is so bad - just cannot wrap their head around the fact that at least half of us are happy with what we are seeing so far, that we do not feel it is unfinished and other than toddlers there was nothing taken out - they just were not put in - but of course it sounds better I guess to make it sound like babies getting their candy taken away - so they fill the threads with "things taken out" rants. Not the same thing to never add an ingredient to a mix - as in adding everything - then taking it back out. How does that work anyway? No it's just some things they liked about Sims 3 too much - I just suggest they go play Sims 3 if it's so good. I am sitting here waiting for sims 4 because I don't like most of those things that are in sims 3 - so yeah - I am psyched for Sims 4 and way more than optimistic.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,398 Member
    edited July 2014
    epigirl08 wrote:

Definitely this ^^^

It was awhile back but I do remember seeing several people saying they hope the sims 4 wasn't a "rinse and repeat" game of sims 3. Well, this isn't...it's a whole new game, which btw, was the song people were singing about sims 3 just before release.

I am excited at this point. I have played around with the demo and now I'm ready to play the game.

My CAS in sims 3 is messing up badly, I can't seem to keep my sims in the clothes I chose for them. :roll:

Yup, I'm ready for Sept. 2, thank you. :D

Edit for typos
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    bshag4lv wrote:

Definitely this ^^^

It was awhile back but I do remember seeing several people saying they hope the sims 4 wasn't a "rinse and repeat" game of sims 3. Well, this isn't...it's a whole new game, which btw, was the song people were singing about sims 3 just before release.

I am excited at this point. I have played around with the demo and now I'm ready to play the game.

My CAS in sims 3 is messing up badly, I can't seem to keep my sims in the clothes I chose for them. :roll:

Edit for typos

Typos are quite alright! :D and that's unfortunate, maybe it's the settings? well, no worry, TS4's CAS seems to be doing it's job nicely! (and can run on older computers, so if you have a newer one, think of how well it will run! :D )

• Options
    LittleMinxUndrLittleMinxUndr Posts: 4,196 Member
    edited July 2014
    Noogster wrote:
    bshag4lv wrote:

Definitely this ^^^

Edit for typos

Typos are quite alright! :D and that's unfortunate, maybe it's the settings? well, no worry, TS4's CAS seems to be doing it's job nicely! (and can run on older computers, so if you have a newer one, think of how well it will run! :D )

It's not the settings, Noogie. In my game it goes even further, my Sims also suddenly have different hair-cuts. I'm oftenly repairing the wardrobe and hairfails. ^^
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    It's not the settings, Noogie. In my game it goes even further, my Sims also suddenly have different hair-cuts. I'm oftenly repairing the wardrobe and hairfails. ^^

If you have the demo for cas that would be an easy way to ease your mind of that senseless situation! :wink:

only so many more days left! :lol:

11+Overly+Excited.gif
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Writin_Reg wrote:
    Genuinely thrilled with what I am seeing. Like I have said all along - but peope who wanted this to be a sims 4 version of Sims 3 because Sims 3 is so bad - just cannot wrap their head around the fact that at least half of us are happy with what we are seeing so far, that we do not feel it is unfinished and other than toddlers there was nothing taken out - they just were not put in - but of course it sounds better I guess to make it sound like babies getting their candy taken away - so they fill the threads with "things taken out" rants. Not the same thing to never add an ingredient to a mix - as in adding everything - then taking it back out. How does that work anyway? No it's just some things they liked about Sims 3 too much - I just suggest they go play Sims 3 if it's so good. I am sitting here waiting for sims 4 because I don't like most of those things that are in sims 3 - so yeah - I am psyched for Sims 4 and way more than optimistic.

I agree completely, Tin :wink: Those rant threads seem to be getting popular, too! And yes, if they like it so much they should go on ahead and rejoice with TS3, and let people who are excited for TS4 to be excited and not shoot them down. :lol:
  • Options
    AyuismAyuism Posts: 286 Member
    edited July 2014
    I cannot wait for The Sims 4! This place is like Deja Vu for when The Sims 3 came out. Lots of people complaining and declaring "I'll stick with The Sims 2, thx" and now it's "I'll stick with The Sims 3, thx". Once they get their hands on the game they will come around. But for the time being I'm going to stay optimistic because everything that I have seen so far points to this being the best Sims yet.
  • Options
    LittleMinxUndrLittleMinxUndr Posts: 4,196 Member
    edited July 2014
    @Noogie
    I said that to a guy in another thread, who said that he wouldn't mind bugs if that meant having toddlers... I told him that TS3 is prefect for him. Bugs, realistic sims, toddlers, pools, cars and the much flaunted open world!!

What more could all these people ask for but TS3? o.0
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    @Noogie
    I said that to a guy in another thread, who said that he wouldn't mind bugs if that meant having toddlers... I told him that TS3 is prefect for him. Bugs, realistic sims, toddlers, pools, cars and the much flaunted open world!!

What more could all these people ask for but TS3? o.0

No idea, but for some it sounds like pretty risky business to remove pools from a game, oh how horrendous! :lol:

Also, I think cars can be added. I mean, they were added in TS2:Nightlife, so I'm sure it can be easy to buy drive-ways and cars, and have cute little animations on getting in and out of them. :-)
  • Options
    AlbaWaterhouseAlbaWaterhouse Posts: 3,953 Member
    edited July 2014
    I am super excited! It is going to be so much different from TS3!!!(And this is a good thing.)

It seems like everybody has forgotten what a disappointment TS3 was. Or at least for me, all those bugs and waiting time, the pudding faces, plain boring sims with no difference between each other, choosing their favourite colour, food and music, what for?
    The Sims in TS3 don't care about their surroundings, nor their relationships in depth, their emotions and feelings are extremely superficial. To me it was a step backwards after the great TS2. And despite all of that, I still played it a lot and enjoyed it as much as I could.

So yes, bring it on EA, I am more than ready for emotions and for a brand new concept!
    Origin ID is: AlbaWaterhouse
    All my creations are CC free.
  • Options
    AlbaWaterhouseAlbaWaterhouse Posts: 3,953 Member
    edited July 2014
    Come on guys, we will be able to control different households at the same time! This is pretty amazing :mrgreen:
    Origin ID is: AlbaWaterhouse
    All my creations are CC free.
  • Options
    SimSassybreeSimSassybree Posts: 473 Member
    edited July 2014
    I am way too excited, I really do have to work on getting away from the computer because I am obsessively looking for news on the game. I love the neighborhood system, a decent balance of loaded lot and the outside world and the ability for it to grow by adding more neighborhoods. And there is just so much more to be excited about.

With sims 3 I am at the point where I really need to do a complete reinstall and start with a clean slate because the bugs, lag, and general problems are just way too common. But I think I want to finish backing up my store purchases (there are just way too many) before I commit to a reinstall. I am hoping Sims 4 will be more drama free, but I guess we wont really know for a few years when we have a few eps under our belts.
  • Options
    XxAirixXXxAirixX Posts: 2,567 Member
    edited July 2014
    I can't wait. The Sims 3 almost made me quit playing completely- I haven't played it in almost a year. I adore the Sims 2 though, and this feels similar.
    Playing in CAS is amazing. It's like clay. My sims all look beautiful (to me anyway) and the important thing is- they're all different. All of my Sims 3 sims looked the same. Now, I can look at a Sim and recognize them. And the walk styles, traits, and voices are amazing. I love the aspirations even more though! There's so many to suit whatever I want! I especially love the soulmate one. I'm a hopeless romantic, but in the Sims 3, that meant being a player. Now it means what I always perceived it to be (for me anyway).
    I never cared much for toddlers. In my games, they would sit in a crib, I'd teach them walking, talking, etc. and then I'd make them grow up. And even children didn't have a lot to do. I'd find myself wondering how to occupy a sim. Hopefully that'll change.
    And in the demo, it played on low settings at first, automatically. I got tired of that and decided to try high settings and see what happened. My computer, which I only paid maybe $200 for, ran it perfect. There are no lags, no freezes, it's amazing.
    So I have a countdown on my phone and I already uninstalled the Sims 3 because I don't see me ever playing it again. I'd rather play Sims 2 than a buggy, glitchy mess.
    And I love the art style too! So many people are upset, but the way I see it, Sims 3 was made for customization. That's great and all for those people that prefer it, but I want fun gameplay that can last for hours and never get boring. Now, the Sims 4 offers amazing customization in a different art style and they're adding gameplay. I couldn't be happier.
    Oh yeah, I never played with pools either.

Hear about how great that runs gives me hope. My computer isn't old and though it wasn't $2000, it wasn't cheap either. About a couple hundred and 62 bit. Despite that, Sims 3 seems almost impossible for be to play even on low settings and windows mode, much less high (now it just freezes and lags a lot and look terrible. Before that it would always crash).

I am looking forward to a smoother game that runs great on higher settings. Can't wait to try it out. I wish I could of played Sims 2 instead. Sounded much more fun and had less problems compared to Sims 3 it seemed. :c

I also agreed. Sims focused more on design aspects of the game (though Sims 4 does seem to make it easier and have a lot of choices to choose from) like CASt, but seemed to be lacking in game play to me, sims always getting stuck somewhere which is why I don't mind a flat world and no terrain tool. If I replaced a lot, it often looked weird. So many other problems as well. It was like they forgot the actual sims part, the whole point of the game.

All Sims 3 had to offer was CASt and to me, that wasn't really worth it. The only thing that was useful about it was the color wheel and I can find ways to work around that eventually. Toddlers didn't do much and parents spend so much time on them (assuming they weren't out at work), it leaves not much room for fun. A few cute actions didn't make up for the constant crying to fed, changed and snuggled. It was just that usually over and over. D:

And yeah, kids were often lacking to. They had some things to do, but they often chose not to use them and would need certain expansions or store items. Usually mine just read or play with the rocking horse. I like the idea of cute macaroni art.
  • Options
    SimSassybreeSimSassybree Posts: 473 Member
    edited July 2014
    Noogster wrote:
    Also, I think cars can be added. I mean, they were added in TS2:Nightlife, so I'm sure it can be easy to buy drive-ways and cars, and have cute little animations on getting in and out of them. :-)

Yep Nightlife brought cars, I do remember one very strange bug that I got fairly early on. I had a few sims in University and I added a car for them to use, well one day I see them pull out then the door starts flapping and the sim fell out and the car crashed into the house. It was the weirdest bug ever. I think I got rid of the car for University and just made them walk after that.
  • Options
    thesims3andtwothesims3andtwo Posts: 4,643 Member
    edited July 2014
    Bring on the emotions , power outages , and Cowplants!
  • Options
    PyziaPyzia Posts: 110 Member
    edited July 2014
    ebuchala wrote:
    I'm totally excited for the game. I'm looking forward to the new emotions and multitasking systems. Unsure about the closed world because I haven't played 2 in so long I don't remember what it was like but I don't think it's going to make me dislike the game, just make it different than what I'm used to in 3.

I stop playing TS2 in 2009 and I didn't really remember how it was. So i decided to install and see and... I think it's even better than TS3 in some aspects ;) Loading screens takes about 15 seconds (between lots) and I really like "off screen" school and job because now my sim is home 10 sim minutes after he finish school/work instead 1h like in TS3 (because he had to drive through whole city, it took even longer when they had to swim!). I hope whole garden will need attention like in TS2 - trim bushes, water plants etc ;) I can still see whole neighborhood from bird-view and it's great ;) I have other "additions" like "open for businesses" with just shops or "downtown" with clubs. I think it's way better than open world!

From what I understand they improved TS2 style with addition of community space - so sim will be able to jog, meet friend etc. And for me it's great!
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    edited July 2014
    I'm optimistic and curious. Not excited though.
    There's still something about the sims I don't like, the funny walks look totally annoying to me and the world looks too much like candyland.
    I do however like the fact it will bring new gameplay and that the sims move so smoothly and natural (when they're not into those walks).
    I'm definitely going to give it a try, I'm not entirely negative anyway.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    XxAirixXXxAirixX Posts: 2,567 Member
    edited July 2014
    Pyzia wrote:
    ebuchala wrote:
    I'm totally excited for the game. I'm looking forward to the new emotions and multitasking systems. Unsure about the closed world because I haven't played 2 in so long I don't remember what it was like but I don't think it's going to make me dislike the game, just make it different than what I'm used to in 3.

I stop playing TS2 in 2009 and I didn't really remember how it was. So i decided to install and see and... I think it's even better than TS3 in some aspects ;) Loading screens takes about 15 seconds (between lots) and I really like "off screen" school and job because now my sim is home 10 sim minutes after he finish school/work instead 1h like in TS3 (because he had to drive through whole city, it took even longer when they had to swim!). I hope whole garden will need attention like in TS2 - trim bushes, water plants etc ;) I can still see whole neighborhood from bird-view and it's great ;) I have other "additions" like "open for businesses" with just shops or "downtown" with clubs. I think it's way better than open world!

From what I understand they improved TS2 style with addition of
    community space - so sim will be able to jog, meet friend etc. And for me it's great!
    I never got to play Sims 2 at all, but after hearing about on here all the time and how similar Sims 4 is, just with better sims and tools, I actually think it sounds so much better than Sims 3. I think Sims 3 just has way too many issues for it to work well for most people without running into some problem down the line.

Loading scene for sims 3 takes forever to me, only to be able not to play because the game is stuck. It also may had an open world, but sims spend of their time just driving to play when not working just for anything not to last very long. So I used cheats to teleport them just to save time. A lot of buildings were rabbit holes anyways and couldn't see what was going on, so it didn't really matter if it was open much. I care more about fun.

Also I think people don't understand is that I believe Sims 4 is a partially open world. They can go to other houses and buildings without loading if they are in a certain area. It seems like the best of both worlds, which what many people wanted only to get upset when they do things that they wanted.

People wanted less lagging and freezing, which means changing things and taking some stuff out. I think the terrain added to the problem, so they made it flat, making the worlds a bit smaller and not making it completely open as that takes a lot from a computer, even decent ones.
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    edited July 2014
    The open world is very important to me, I like the sense of a real community (and I'm one of the lucky ones with a game that never crashes and isn't lagging). The Sims 2 concept wouldn't be fun for me, because the sims in there appear to be isolated on their own lot.

People compare 4 to 2, but I don't think that's correct. If it were I wouldn't be interested in the game at all.
    I really think 4 is trying to bring best of both worlds. I can live with the loading screens as long as it means time will continue. i'm fine with neighborhoods because it will still provide me with a sense my sims are living in a community and go out on the street.
    And I can live with no story progression because it will be easier to hop to other households thanks to rotational playing.
    (story progressions doesn't really work in my game anyway ; nobody gets married and no children are born)
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    halimali1980halimali1980 Posts: 8,246 Member
    edited July 2014
    Noogster wrote:
    I've been lately seeing a lot of negativity towards the game and many people are nitpicking tiny things like eyelashes, or even long arms.

Is anyone out there who is excited for this game? Excited for what it has added and not cared that much towards what was removed? Maybe not even that, but decided tot ake a chance to see what it has added even though something you like was removed (i.e toddlers)?

Frustrated because lack of demo
    excited for the game

No game is perfect and Sims 4 is included. people should tune down their expectations and they will be fine
    Everything I post is an opinion here and I think every post of others is as well.
    giphy.gif