Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Walk Styles, Diverse emotions, etc! Who is staying optimistic?

I've been lately seeing a lot of negativity towards the game and many people are nitpicking tiny things like eyelashes, or even long arms.

Is anyone out there who is excited for this game? Excited for what it has added and not cared that much towards what was removed? Maybe not even that, but decided tot ake a chance to see what it has added even though something you like was removed (i.e toddlers)?

Comments

• kake123123kake123123 Posts: 162 Member
    edited July 2014
    hii gurl
  • LittleMinxUndrLittleMinxUndr Posts: 4,196 Member
    edited July 2014
    I am excited for TS4. I adore the graphic style and love the animations I've seen sofar. I can't wait to leave this crappy, buggy mess that's TS3 behind, because TS3 has brought me close to giving up on Simming.
    If I had physical copies of TS3 and it's SPs and EPs I would set them on fire and pee on the ashes afterwards.

Bring on TS4. I'm ready.
  • ebuchalaebuchala Posts: 4,945 Member
    edited July 2014
    I'm totally excited for the game. I'm looking forward to the new emotions and multitasking systems. Unsure about the closed world because I haven't played 2 in so long I don't remember what it was like but I don't think it's going to make me dislike the game, just make it different than what I'm used to in 3. I'm cautiously optimistic about building--I think it sounds very cool that you can push and pull, pick up whole, decorated rooms and move them, etc., but I'm disappointed they couldn't include CASt (I used it a lot) and bit concerned about the terrain tool limitations, no basements, no pools, and limited number of stories on the houses.

I like the art style well enough and CAS is quite nice to work with. I think it's both easier to use and capable of creating some very well-made sims. I'm a little disappointed in the height limitations (though I understand them), the lack of a color wheel, and that there are no opacity and saturation controls. But, to be honest, once I'm in-game I'm not sure those tiny little details are going to be that obvious to me.

All that to say, yes, I'm optimistic. :lol:
    Origin ID: ebuchala
    I'm not a psychopath. I'm a high-functioning psychopath. Reaper
  • TheMomminatorTheMomminator Posts: 4,215 Member
    edited July 2014
    Huge black bars where eyelashes should be is not a tiny thing in my opinion. Neither is a closed world, no CASt and no toddlers.

I want very much to be optimistic. I love exploring new games. I'm not now but maybe after the gameplay video.
  • allisoneg02allisoneg02 Posts: 2,870 Member
    edited July 2014
    I'm excited! I want it to come out sooner so that I can get over my frequent urge of wanting to play! I have the demo so I've already made a few households and I have the sims I want to use to play test ready to go.

For now I'm going to play sims 2 and 3 if I can get into them again. Other than that I'm just counting down the days!! :mrgreen:
    - Check out my youtube channel and my sims 4 legacy on tumblr-
    alliesim02
    The Scott Legacy
  • Kellieann123Kellieann123 Posts: 507 Member
    edited July 2014
    There's a difference between staying optimistic and letting EA get away with horrendous things...

To me, people who still buy the game despite being upset with the multiple removals, bad advertising, bad practices in general, etc are just saying to EA "Hey, I don't care how bad you massacre this game, I'll still pay for it!"

-.-'
  • NoogsterNoogster Posts: 627 Member
    edited July 2014
    I am excited for TS4. I adore the graphic style and love the animations I've seen sofar. I can't wait to leave this crappy, buggy mess that's TS3 behind, because TS3 has brought me close to giving up on Simming.
    If I had physical copies of TS3 and it's SPs and EPs I would set them on fire and pee on the ashes afterwards.

Bring on TS4. I'm ready.
    Well I'm glad that this new upcoming game will ease your mind :lol: Not long now !! :-)
    ebuchala wrote:
    I'm totally excited for the game. I'm looking forward to the new emotions and multitasking systems. Unsure about the closed world because I haven't played 2 in so long I don't remember what it was like but I don't think it's going to make me dislike the game, just make it different than what I'm used to in 3. I'm cautiously optimistic about building--I think it sounds very cool that you can push and pull, pick up whole, decorated rooms and move them, etc., but I'm disappointed they couldn't include CASt (I used it a lot) and bit concerned about the terrain tool limitations, no basements, no pools, and limited number of stories on the houses.

I like the art style well enough and CAS is quite nice to work with. I think it's both easier to use and capable of creating some very well-made sims. I'm a little disappointed in the height limitations (though I understand them), the lack of a color wheel, and that there are no opacity and saturation controls. But, to be honest, once I'm in-game I'm not sure those tiny little details are going to be that obvious to me.

All that to say, yes, I'm optimistic.
    I'm sure they can fix the amount of stories a building can have! I can understand that'll be a problem for avid builders in the previous series. And for the CASt I think they removed it because that was what made a lot of TS3 players lag and end up not having a fun experience because it was slow to use and unresponsive for some. It was a nice idea, but hopefully they add more clothing for a better variety and more outfits we can combine. :D As for the open world, think of it like The Sims 2 Bustin' Out where in the story mode you were able to drive around to specified lots, or in Sims 2 where instead of watching the car drive there was just a loading screen. I'm fine with either but It's obviously based on preference and some may not be happy. I'm sure those who played it before should be okay, even if you said you haven't in a while. It should be okay! :-)
  • KawaiiLyricsKawaiiLyrics Posts: 17
    edited July 2014
    I can't wait. The Sims 3 almost made me quit playing completely- I haven't played it in almost a year. I adore the Sims 2 though, and this feels similar.
    Playing in CAS is amazing. It's like clay. My sims all look beautiful (to me anyway) and the important thing is- they're all different. All of my Sims 3 sims looked the same. Now, I can look at a Sim and recognize them. And the walk styles, traits, and voices are amazing. I love the aspirations even more though! There's so many to suit whatever I want! I especially love the soulmate one. I'm a hopeless romantic, but in the Sims 3, that meant being a player. Now it means what I always perceived it to be (for me anyway).
    I never cared much for toddlers. In my games, they would sit in a crib, I'd teach them walking, talking, etc. and then I'd make them grow up. And even children didn't have a lot to do. I'd find myself wondering how to occupy a sim. Hopefully that'll change.
    And in the demo, it played on low settings at first, automatically. I got tired of that and decided to try high settings and see what happened. My computer, which I only paid maybe $200 for, ran it perfect. There are no lags, no freezes, it's amazing.
    So I have a countdown on my phone and I already uninstalled the Sims 3 because I don't see me ever playing it again. I'd rather play Sims 2 than a buggy, glitchy mess.
    And I love the art style too! So many people are upset, but the way I see it, Sims 3 was made for customization. That's great and all for those people that prefer it, but I want fun gameplay that can last for hours and never get boring. Now, the Sims 4 offers amazing customization in a different art style and they're adding gameplay. I couldn't be happier.
    Oh yeah, I never played with pools either.
  • XxAirixXXxAirixX Posts: 2,567 Member
    edited July 2014
    I am completely excited. New animations and walk styles and all that can help make sims seem more alive and varied without being over realistically creepy.

I don't mind about the stuff being taken out for the most part (I can't say I am much of a fan of toddlers after playing sims 3 and just age them up fast anyways).

I am looking forward to trying out different things, the new relationship bar where I can make enemies with benefits now. :D
  • wickedjr89wickedjr89 Posts: 1,777 Member
    edited July 2014
    I'm excited for a ton of things! I can't wait! Bring on Simtember!

I just want the game already :lol:
  • dreamerz13dreamerz13 Posts: 9,927 Member
    edited July 2014
    I'm excited-ish. Idk, I'm not happy about some things, some I am. It's some of the little features that are winning me back. Just like cool new things. Like I like the new bills thing and being cut off if you don't pay, like you have no idea how much I've wanted something like that. Like in sims 3 it's like, oh you didn't pay, let me repossess that lightbulb :roll:.

Umm... that's all I can think of at the moment. Haha, my mind is blank. I know there's more I was excited for. I'm still not in a rush to get it at this point (CAS might change that though, I'm such a sucker for CAS) but I'll give it a go eventually.

Edit to add: part of the reason I'm in no rush atm is I still have so much going on in sims 3. So I probably won't play much anyway. As TS3 fades from my interest I'll get more anxious to get it.
    edited July 2014
    XxAirixX wrote:
    I am completely excited. New animations and walk styles and all that can help make sims seem more alive and varied without being over realistically creepy.

I don't mind about the stuff being taken out for the most part (I can't say I am much of a fan of toddlers after playing sims 3 and just age them up fast anyways).

I am looking forward to trying out different things, the new relationship bar where I can make enemies with benefits now. :D

There's the spirit! I second your opinion, and am looking very much forward to those interactions and maybe even new jobs! :mrgreen:

They have added a lot of new things and I'm glad some people here can see that (of course there are many people on this forum who do but most of the threads I'm seeing are very picky!)
    Playing in CAS is amazing. It's like clay. My sims all look beautiful (to me anyway) and the important thing is- they're all different. All of my Sims 3 sims looked the same. Now, I can look at a Sim and recognize them. And the walk styles, traits, and voices are amazing. I love the aspirations even more though! There's so many to suit whatever I want! I especially love the soulmate one. I'm a hopeless romantic, but in the Sims 3, that meant being a player. Now it means what I always perceived it to be (for me anyway).
    I never cared much for toddlers. In my games, they would sit in a crib, I'd teach them walking, talking, etc. and then I'd make them grow up. And even children didn't have a lot to do. I'd find myself wondering how to occupy a sim. Hopefully that'll change.
    And in the demo, it played on low settings at first, automatically. I got tired of that and decided to try high settings and see what happened. My computer, which I only paid maybe $200 for, ran it perfect. There are no lags, no freezes, it's amazing.

I'm glad CAS has treated you right! and yes, I agree with many sims in TS3 looking really identical, or at least coming off as such.
    Toddlers were never a concern of mine either, but still, I understand many others freaking out over it if they do like toddlers. :lol:

I'm super glad they made it playable for users on older computers, I think that was a very very great decision.

• elemmeleelemmele Posts: 689 Member
    edited July 2014
    I'm super excited! They're promising an entirely new experience, which I'm glad for! Better than the same ol' same ol' if you ask me! :)
    de4l47l-8be82ab0-e824-47d8-b89d-e4b317e1e4e7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOiIsImlzcyI6InVybjphcHA6Iiwib2JqIjpbW3sicGF0aCI6IlwvZlwvMGE4NDlmM2ItMjBlZC00MzNkLWJkZjQtMzY5YzY0MGVhYzFmXC9kZTRsNDdsLThiZTgyYWIwLWU4MjQtNDdkOC1iODlkLWU0YjMxN2UxZTRlNy5wbmcifV1dLCJhdWQiOlsidXJuOnNlcnZpY2U6ZmlsZS5kb3dubG9hZCJdfQ.mOg5OTH8yLLAb8Swus1BlunSLcRGY3-w29wazeBAu18
  • kama674kama674 Posts: 1,618 Member
    edited July 2014
    There's a difference between staying optimistic and letting EA get away with horrendous things...

To me, people who still buy the game despite being upset with the multiple removals, bad advertising, bad practices in general, etc are just saying to EA "Hey, I don't care how bad you massacre this game, I'll still pay for it!"

-.-'

This, this, this! (sorry :mrgreen: ) But CAS does look great and the graphics as well. However everything else...not so much :(
    edited July 2014
    LemDoodle wrote:
    I'm super excited! They're promising an entirely new experience, which I'm glad for! Better than the same ol' same ol' if you ask me! :)

This is very off-topic but I like your signature! :lol:

on-topic, I agree with you! I know that they like to be a little..er..frugal..but they stick to their words. I'm sure we'll all have a completely fun, immerse experience followed by tears. well, that depends if you're emotional like me.

I may also need some adult diapers and ice cream...
    edited July 2014
    kama674 wrote:

-.-'

This, this, this! (sorry :mrgreen: ) But CAS does look great and the graphics as well. However everything else...not so much :(

That's okay! Your opinion and theirs are very much respected :D

I'm sure you'll love the game, give it a shot! , because we won't know for sure if you'll feel the same after trying it out when it's released in retail (or digital, your choice! lol) :mrgreen:
    edited July 2014
    ~ pinky fluffy fairy dust ~ :oops:
    edited July 2014
    *peek a boo* :mrgreen:
  • Cyron43Cyron43 Posts: 8,055 Member
    edited July 2014
    Noogster wrote:
    Excited for what it has added ...?
    So what IS added? Tell me.
    This space is for rent.
  • MoonbarkerMoonbarker Posts: 1,281 Member
    edited July 2014

-.-'

This. I want to like this game but it's pretty hard to stay optimistic when they keep telling us what is not in the game, some of us still don't have the demo, and their marketing is just terrible. They pretty much shot my optimism down when they announced the removal of things that are crucial to how I play the game. Like I said I want to like the game, as I've played since the first one, but I just can't..
  • Cyron43Cyron43 Posts: 8,055 Member
    edited July 2014

-.-'
    ^That!
    This space is for rent.
    edited July 2014
    Cyron43 wrote:
    Noogster wrote:
    Excited for what it has added ...?
    So what IS added? Tell me.

I pulled this from the site (which actually wasn't that hard. I used a service called google! :lol: )
      Smarter Sims with new emotions and unique personalities provide you greater choices to create rich, entertaining and weird stories.
      All-New Create A Sim and Build Mode have been reinvented to be more powerful, intuitive and fun than ever.
      Explore lively, vibrant neighborhoods filled with rich communities of Smarter Sims.

And a whole wagon load more. Just search for it. For now, let me expand on those three points.

Distinct appearances mean new walk-styles, new clothing (not an addition, but many new styles. the same goes with hairstyles! :D) and wow, I'm pretty sure those new pull and push features are new, too. new emotions mean that now you actually have full control of what your sims can do to other sims or act around other sims.

Along with emotions, they also now will react to certain sims, objects and situations in-game. This makes great times for storytelling. :mrgreen:

"New tools you say? oh please, nothing can beat toddlers and pools! nothing!"

Sure, you're probably really upset about many things they've told us about...especially things they removed, but some people are way too focused on that and not what is currently being added. It may even make you forget about toddlers or pools. :lol:

Building tools are now more efficient and things like window heights, foundation heights and higher walls are new. Pre-planned outfits are now available (like premade sims) for those who have trouble putting outfits together; or those who want to build from.

There are now new activites your sim can do, and maybe won't seem like such a ghost town. I'm talking about the "no more open world issue" ..they did that to make lots look more lively, which is fine by me. It was like that in The Sims 2, so why is everyone fussing? Well, because nobody can be happy with something.
    I apologize if I came off defensive or even rude, it's not intentional. I've been seeing so much negativity in the forums and I just want some positivity flowing.

edited July 2014
    Moonbarker wrote:
    This. I want to like this game but it's pretty hard to stay optimistic when they keep telling us what is not in the game, some of us still don't have the demo, and their marketing is just terrible. They pretty much shot my optimism down when they announced the removal of things that are crucial to how I play the game. Like I said I want to like the game, as I've played since the first one, but I just can't..

Like I said, I understand that it will affect many players' playing style, which isn't good of course. I would be upset, too. I'm sure EA will send out something just as valuable, if not will be, toddlers.

• LittleMinxUndrLittleMinxUndr Posts: 4,196 Member
    edited July 2014
    Noogie, you forgot to mention that topics in conversations will now be contextual to the flow of the conversation and topics will be available nopt only on the traits and interests of the sims involved, but also on how the different sims involved in the discussion are feeling.

This means that conversations are no longer a tool to get married in five easy steps as it is possible for a sim totally wreck any chance with a romantic interest for instance. I'm really looking forward to that.

But as I said in another thread, I'm not interested in if a sim can flip a burger or not. The behavior-rules will make it so much better for storytellers. It's a return to TS2 style conversations but on steroids. In TS2 though, discussions would be one-on-one, in TS3 you could invite a third participant, but in TS4 this will be dynamic.

When you couple that to the (dare I say it) Pixar-like animations (Which I fell instantly in love with, lol), I feel that TS4 is poised to offer some pretty indepth gaming, which in turn will help storytellers and machinima-creators to make richer projects.
  • Aeroprincess87Aeroprincess87 Posts: 6,417 Member
    edited July 2014
    Not this chick. I wanted to love the Sims 4 but I got bored of CAS within ten minutes and the lack of real gameplay being shown 1.5 months prelaunch has me running for the hills. This game isn't finished so I can't be excited for the fact that EA is trying to rip me off just because they think my supposed blind loyalty will get me to buy their product sight unseen.