Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

*Solved*Sims 2 Ultimate Edition keeps freezing

I finally got it downloaded and when I went into the game, my task manager keeps saying it isn't responding (after I waiting with no movement/loading on the screen after a few moments).

Is anyone else having this problem, or am I being impatient?
tumblr_inline_ml9leeQUvj1qz4rgp.jpg

Comments

• MsPhyMsPhy Posts: 5,055 Member
    edited July 2014
    I finally got it downloaded and when I went into the game, my task manager keeps saying it isn't responding (after I waiting with no movement/loading on the screen after a few moments).

Are you talking about the first time you load the game? It took mine about 10 minutes. This is because the game has to create all the folders that go in My Documents. Load times after the first time will not take that long. Be patient and try not to open your task manager; that just takes more resources that your game could be using.
  • IrishSimsloverIrishSimslover Posts: 715 Member
    edited July 2014
    MsPhy wrote:

Are you talking about the first time you load the game? It took mine about 10 minutes. This is because the game has to create all the folders that go in My Documents. Load times after the first time will not take that long. Be patient and try not to open your task manager; that just takes more resources that your game could be using.

I see... Maybe I'll let it open and then go make a coffee so it can do its thing lol. I only really went into the task manager to make sure it wasn't frozen, and I heard my skype go off and I was trying to check my message (seeing if I could multi-task hah).
    edited July 2014
    That's pretty much what I did when I realized it was taking its own sweet time: went and did something else. I also did a trick from the old days: I minimized the game. On my older, slower computers, that seemed to help it load faster. I don't know if it was an illusion or it really helped, but old habits die hard :-) Note: when minimized, in the tray it says "Mansions and Gardens" instead of "Fun with Pets." Struck me as slightly odd, but the game is working just fine now that I've gotten past that first load, inserted all my custom content, and gotten my first neighborhood loaded (first load of the neighborhood also takes time, but not as much as first load of game).

edited July 2014
    That's funny... because when I hit my windows key to try and minimize it... it wouldn't work... :evil:
    edited July 2014
    That's funny... because when I hit my windows key to try and minimize it... it wouldn't work... :evil:

Sometimes my machine (and TS3) are more cooperative about minimizing than other times, and I don't know what governs it. Sometimes just hitting alt-tab will do it. Other times I have to hit the windows key and then right-click the game in the tray and select "minimize." Sometimes I have to hit the windows key and then open something else to get it to minimize, then close the other thing I opened. It's crazy.
    edited July 2014
    Update: It finally worked out Yay! :mrgreen:

Off to play!
    edited July 2014
    Yay!