Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 2 ultimate special access code??? help!(solved)

So I chatted with an EA rep yesterday who gave me the run around only to receive a code in my email saying I was given a special access code but no idea where to redeem it. It's not a full product code and origin wouldn't let me redeem it in their launcher soooo what do I do with this "special" code?! Anyone??? :?
- Check out my youtube channel and my sims 4 legacy on tumblr-
alliesim02
The Scott Legacy

Comments

• COOLGAME8013COOLGAME8013 Posts: 3,090 Member
    edited July 2014
    Its supposed to be found on our Origin clients "supposedly" but if you were given a code instead and don't know were to put it, it might be best to chat up with a rep or something.
  • Kellieann123Kellieann123 Posts: 507 Member
    edited July 2014
    If the code they sent you isn't right, go back to the rep and ask again. It's possible they copy+pasted it wrong.
  • DragonAge_23586441DragonAge_23586441 Posts: 229 Member
    edited July 2014
    So I chatted with an EA rep yesterday who gave me the run around only to receive a code in my email saying I was given a special access code but no idea where to redeem it. It's not a full product code and origin wouldn't let me redeem it in their launcher soooo what do I do with this "special" code?! Anyone??? :?

I've got the same problem and have no idea what to do. I don't know if the 24/48 hours waiting period apply for this code to become active. If you find out what to do let me know as well - please :)
  • allisoneg02allisoneg02 Posts: 2,870 Member
    edited July 2014
    Thanks.. I'm hesitant to chat with them again because he wasn't really that helpful. Just saying that they were changing codes and he couldn't add mine at the time but not saying it clearly so I had no idea until I flat out asked "so I need to contact you back later in the week?" "yes" :roll: Then I got that email and now I wonder if maybe I just need to wait for it to show up.. *sigh*
    alliesim02
    The Scott Legacy
    edited July 2014

I've got the same problem and have no idea what to do. I don't know if the 24/48 hours waiting period apply for this code to become active. If you find out what to do let me know as well - please :)

I was thinking that it may take time to show up or whatever.. guess I'll wait and see!
    alliesim02
    The Scott Legacy
  • ModseyModsey Posts: 1,468 Member
    edited July 2014
    How do you chat with an EA rep?
  • MsPhyMsPhy Posts: 5,055 Member
    edited July 2014
    Yesterday my service rep sent me a code and was explaining to me where to put it in Origin, but I was at work and don't have Origin on my work computer so she ended up entering it for me. When I got home and looked, ultimate collection was there under My Games and I downloaded/installed it. I wish I'd paid more attention to what she said to me ..... Maybe when I get home I can look at Origin and remember. Sorry :-/
    edited July 2014
    Modsey wrote:
    How do you chat with an EA rep?

http://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/?product=origin

I believe that is the right link, it is on my computer anyway. Good luck!
    alliesim02
    The Scott Legacy
    edited July 2014
    MsPhy wrote:
    Yesterday my service rep sent me a code and was explaining to me where to put it in Origin, but I was at work and don't have Origin on my work computer so she ended up entering it for me. When I got home and looked, ultimate collection was there under My Games and I downloaded/installed it. I wish I'd paid more attention to what she said to me ..... Maybe when I get home I can look at Origin and remember. Sorry :-/

Thanks! I wish they had explained it in the email, but nope nothing! I really shouldn't be suprised :?
    alliesim02
    The Scott Legacy
  • COOLGAME8013COOLGAME8013 Posts: 3,090 Member
    edited July 2014
    I know the CS i talked to yesterday gave me a link to register a key for The Sims 2 Double Deluxe, i'm not sure if this might help your case, and i still think chatting it up with a CS is still a good idea in case EA did Don goof..

But if your wanting to see if this would work then here's the link the CS gave me yesterday.

Link - https://activate.ea.com/activategame.do
    edited July 2014
    I know the CS i talked to yesterday gave me a link to register a key for The Sims 2 Double Deluxe, i'm not sure if this might help your case, and i still think chatting it up with a CS is still a good idea in case EA did Don goof..

But if your wanting to see if this would work then here's the link the CS gave me yesterday.

Thank you for that, unfortunately I tried this link already from simsvip and it says my code is already being used.. weird :(
    alliesim02
    The Scott Legacy
    edited July 2014

Thank you for that, unfortunately I tried this link already from simsvip and it says my code is already being used.. weird :(

If it says the code is being used, it sounds like the game is registered. Have you looked under My Games to see if it's there? You may not need to do anything with the code.
    edited July 2014
    MsPhy wrote:

If it says the code is being used, it sounds like the game is registered. Have you looked under My Games to see if it's there? You may not need to do anything with the code.

I have looked, and I thought of that.. maybe I just need to wait a bit longer for it to show up. I did have all my sims 2 games registered on EA's site, but never bought one through origin so they aren't in my launcher.
    alliesim02
    The Scott Legacy
  • DragonAge_23586441DragonAge_23586441 Posts: 229 Member
    edited July 2014
    I've send an email to EA.help with an attachment of the email they send me containing the special access code and ask if they could help me as I'm getting errors. I'll let you "allisoneg02" know as soon as they get back to me.
  • g01denswang01denswan Posts: 1,028 Member
    edited July 2014
    I requested a call back and they haven't called me back yet, but they sent me an email with a special access code too, and no instruction on what to do with it:

Dear XXXXXXXX,

Thanks for contacting EA Help! We’ve opened case number XXXXXXXX for your request and granted you the special access code, XXXXXXXX.

You can access your case details directly with XXXXXXXX, , or head to help.ea.com/en/my-conversations to find this and any other correspondence you’ve had with us in the past.

Nous apprécions votre patience, un conseiller s'occupera de vous bientôt.

Regards,

Aide EA

Hopefully, someone will call me back. :D
    edited July 2014
    g01denswan wrote:
    I requested a call back and they haven't called me back yet, but they sent me an email with a special access code too, and no instruction on what to do with it:

Dear XXXXXXXX,

Thanks for contacting EA Help! We’ve opened case number XXXXXXXX for your request and granted you the special access code, XXXXXXXX.

You can access your case details directly with XXXXXXXX, , or head to help.ea.com/en/my-conversations to find this and any other correspondence you’ve had with us in the past.

Regards,

Aide EA

Oh! Is that the access code we're talking about? I'm sorry, I totally forgot about that email. That code is for accessing your "ticket" and conversing with the service reps by email. I was thinking of another email I got, AFTER that one, that had a code that was "issued against your open case." THAT one was the one to activate/redeem for my ultimate collection.
  • BlazerineBlazerine Posts: 2,544 Member
    edited July 2014
    Aren't we suppose to be waiting until 22nd?
    edited July 2014
    Blazerine wrote:
    Aren't we suppose to be waiting until 22nd?

Some people were told that by their service rep, but a lot of us got it straight away (like me). It all depends on who you talked to.
  • mrsyabosmrsyabos Posts: 223 Member
    edited July 2014
    Could it be a 15% off code? I got one when I got my Ultimate Collection (about 10 minutes ago..it's still downloading).

I did the livechat, showed my pictures of my disks, got the collection put into my origin and was given a 15% off code as a reward for being a "valued customer". I received a random email a few minutes after the chat ended with that code.

Maybe that's what you have?
    edited July 2014
    MsPhy wrote:
    g01denswan wrote:

Dear XXXXXXXX,

Regards,

Aide EA

Oh! Is that the access code we're talking about? I'm sorry, I totally forgot about that email. That code is for accessing your "ticket" and conversing with the service reps by email. I was thinking of another email I got, AFTER that one, that had a code that was "issued against your open case." THAT one was the one to activate/redeem for my ultimate collection.

Yes, I just found out the special access code is for accessing my ticket. A rep called me back so I asked him. :D
    edited July 2014
    Sorry had to step out and run some errands. So I need to wait for it to show up or do I need to contact them again?? I have most of the sims 2 installed already but I am missing a couple EP's and my stuff packs won't install at all so I was hoping this would give me the complete collection again! :mrgreen:
    alliesim02
    The Scott Legacy
    edited July 2014
    If you're not sure what you should do, I'd suggest contacting them again. My rep added the ultimate collection to my Origin games while I was speaking to him.
    edited July 2014
    I contacted EA again and this time I had success and they granted me the ultimate edition right away! Thanks for the help everyone!
    alliesim02
    The Scott Legacy