Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

A trip down nostalgia lane! The Sims 2 discussion thread, a place to talk and share about Sims 2!

Comments

• Options
    ConclueConclue Posts: 2,307 Member
    edited July 2014
    While I haven't gone in to confirm, I can tell this is *MY* Sims 2 save. I can click options to go to the worlds at the load screen (sub hood's, lol whoops) and furthermore there's only Pleasantview and Strangetown. Sounds right :)

I'm about to go in now. Back to 2009 with my favorite game of all time.

I'm stoked.

I don't know which of my favorite Sim families to visit first! I feel like they're all waiting to be played again!~ I sound absolutely nuts! :D:D:D
  • Options
    mcruddmcrudd Posts: 11,696 Member
    edited July 2014
    Rflong7 wrote:
    I remember Sims preparing meals- I've seen them in my Apocalypse challenges and Asylum challenges burn the kitchens up because they didn't know how but did it anyway.

I don't remember ever having to have a mod for them to cook (on their own freewill)- some did while others would just snack. :shock:

Yeah I could be wrong, I played this years ago, as sims 3 came out I did the switch. I am busy looking through modthesims's mods, will let you know if I find anything
  • Options
    exotickittenexotickitten Posts: 4,113 Member
    edited July 2014
    Yep, new house new sim. This sim has 7 neat and 7 active trait points as well as 5 nice, and they autonomously started cooking as soon as lunch time rolled around on day one. So it's all about the traits. :mrgreen:
    & http://exotickittens.blogspot.com & https://twitter.com/simkitten
    -my nickname was taken on twitter :(
    dac6aa93-85be-457a-a356-02f0a5dd016f_zps42daf419.png
  • Options
    Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    edited July 2014
    Yep, new house new sim. This sim has 7 neat and 7 active trait points as well as 5 nice, and they autonomously started cooking as soon as lunch time rolled around on day one. So it's all about the traits. :mrgreen:

Awesome! :thumbup:

I had a Pisces who was only kinda neat- less than 5- active but nice so I did expect her to cook. She had cooking enthusiasm. :)

• Options
    SeamoanSeamoan Posts: 1,323 Member
    edited July 2014
    I'm jealous that some of you are experiencing it TS2 for the first time or going back to it after years of TS3. I've been playing so long that I forgot how exciting it was to see new players talking about the game.

These threads/posts are so fun for me. I want to see your game pictures :)
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    @Seamoan
    Most of us that are chatting in here non stop had played ts2 years ago, just forgot some of the details and rediscovering it is fun. I honestly think it's more of a challenge. There's not as much to do as 3, but it's more difficult to do the stuff you can, sims lives are much shorter without young adult and new sims start as adults most of the time. Sims seem to have much larger stomachs and much smaller bladders, which is frustrating. :lol: But yes, we are really enjoying this. 8)
  • Options
    Jojo777Jojo777 Posts: 21,909 Member
    edited July 2014
    I can't stop playing! I forgot how addicting this game was :lol:

Anyone have good suggestions for screenshot programs? I'd love to share pictures, but they all turn out so tiny, and I don't like using print screen and minimizing the game every time I want to take a picture.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    I play in Window mode so switching screens isn't a big deal.

Gimp is free and does well on editing the pictures and can make them a little bigger.... :)

The pictures taken in game are 600x450 (on large setting)- so are a good size for this forum. (Those are the Snapshots and not the thumbnails are 128x96 ) :)

I just delete the thumbnails I'm not using for neighborhood story pictures. They're not needed now that we can't upload Stories. :(
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    @Jojo777
    For the first 2 you will want to hit tab first, to get rid of the user interface.
    1- In ts2 you can contol+printscreen. You can't in 3, sadly.
    2- If you are on windows, you can hold window+printscreen and it will save pictures in a screenshot folder for you.

3- If you prefer the regular way, just hit c while you are playing.

Here's a link to help you:
    http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/take-screen-capture-print-screen#take-screen-capture-print-screen=windows-8
  • Options
    ConclueConclue Posts: 2,307 Member
    edited July 2014
    It took me a few hours to get my game to where I think it should be graphically (and restoring my back up's, weird double "EA Games" folder thing occurring that made it tricky and time consuming at first to get my old The Sims 2 folder back in. Well, I'm happy to say that I have my old game back from 2009. It's so exciting, but oh so overwhelming! In all honesty, I forgot I had completed my custom downtown I called "Sim City Bay" and made it very much like Rflong's beach city concept, basically a city with a beautiful beach coast line. This was so my Sims in Pleasantview would not only have AL in their "world" but also some beach property too. It was a labor of love I just thought it was less finished then it really is.

I skipped and changed households so many times checking out all my favorites. I can't decide what to play. I think I corrected my graphics too strongly with the GPU for the game that it crashed after I switched households like 20 times. LOL I was on tour saying hello to everyone! :shock: It's been 5 years! :wink:

The one thing that has caught my spirit besides all the hard work over the years, is the magic that is in the Sims 2. I've already caught it numerous times. Everything they do is more fluid, more realistic... and it just seems so full of life. These sims are smarter and more receptive to their environments it's the most drastic difference you notice after Sims 3 for all these years. Just proves that point again.

Immediately you miss the beauty of the open world, the natural sunrises/sunsets, weather transitions etc but somehow in this game your less attentive to the beauty of their environment and more in tune with them. They had me cracking up.

What's so creepy? It's like time stood still for 5 frigging years and all of a sudden everything is back to how it was! I went to Dina (Caliente)& Micheal Wiley's house first. They're my absolute favorites ever. (It was the first family I really experienced that growth with that was new to Sims 2)Well, upon loading them up the oven dings and Dina pulls out a freshly baked pie. I couldn't stop laughing. It was like I never left.

I'm in love but this is the first time I've had two Sims games on my CPU at once. How do you guys choose? I mean I've been so focused with Sims 3 for a while now, and now it's like all I can think of is "What do I wanna pick up where I left off?" - then for the pure genius of it, I feel like starting a fresh save in one of the other Neighborhood's and just doing it fresh out the box. no job, no skills, no comfort - just vanilla... lol.

Bella Donna Cove was a place I always wanted to start another save. I think will :)

• Options
    edited July 2014
    I say go for it. Belladonna Cove has it's charms. :mrgreen: And I feel the same way. My best friend is like, "how do you play that old game?" I just can't explain it. It's like addictive once you get rolling. I do miss the beauty that is 3, but then again, I love almost every little thing about 2. So it's no contest. I always said 2 was my favorite. And I think it always will be.

I did find one glitch I'm having in Strangetown. The husband of this family keeps bringing home a friend from work, however the friend is a child named Samuel. Everytime he brought him home I would get an error message. So finally I just got sick of it and made the kid selectable and aged him up to adult, and then made him unselectable and said goodbye. I'm hoping the error was because the coworker was a kid. We'll see if that fixed it. If not, I may be headed towards town corruption because I will delete that ******. :twisted: When did ******* become a starred out word? It's the name of a mypage badge/achievement! LOL
    4c96de4d-dd4b-4498-bb91-dc2f84fab4a2_com.png

I'm having the hardest time getting General Buzz Grunt impregnated by aliens. He's been abducted 3 times. I've only got 3 more days till he is an elder, so if it doesn't happen soon, I fear it won't. :(
    Screenshot1.png

And Bella did make an appearance. Though, it was only because she had her own motivations...
    Screenshot4.png

:shock: :lol: :P

I guess I waited to late to try to get him impregnated. I waited till the youngest aged up and then sent them all off to college, built them cars (hobby car) and then tried to get him abducted. Well, I guess it has to happen before 5 days prior to the elder birthday. I think only 1 or 2 of my abductions fell in that time frame. :( Maybe I'll get it right my next round in Strangetown. :wink:
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    Seera1024Seera1024 Posts: 3,629 Member
    edited July 2014
    I say go for it. Belladonna Cove has it's charms. :mrgreen: And I feel the same way. My best friend is like, "how do you play that old game?" I just can't explain it. It's like addictive once you get rolling. I do miss the beauty that is 3, but then again, I love almost every little thing about 2. So it's no contest. I always said 2 was my favorite. And I think it always will be.

I did find one glitch I'm having in Strangetown. The husband of this family keeps bringing home a friend from work, however the friend is a child named Samuel. Everytime he brought him home I would get an error message. So finally I just got sick of it and made the kid selectable and aged him up to adult, and then made him unselectable and said goodbye. I'm hoping the error was because the coworker was a kid. We'll see if that fixed it. If not, I may be headed towards town corruption because I will delete that ******. :twisted: When did ******* become a starred out word? It's the name of a mypage badge/achievement! LOL

I'm having the hardest time getting General Buzz Grunt impregnated by aliens. He's been abducted 3 times. I've only got 3 more days till he is an elder, so if it doesn't happen soon, I fear it won't. :(
    Screenshot1.png

And Bella did make an appearance. Though, it was only because she had her own motivations...
    Screenshot4.png

I guess I waited to late to try to get him impregnated. I waited till the youngest aged up and then sent them all off to college, built them cars (hobby car) and then tried to get him abducted. Well, I guess it has to happen before 5 days prior to the elder birthday. I think only 1 or 2 of my abductions fell in that time frame. :( Maybe I'll get it right my next round in Strangetown. :wink:

Well you could get him some aspiration points, get him yellow or platinum level aspiration and then give him a couple sips of the Elixer of Life. Give him 6 days. So a couple nights of stargazing for aliens.
  • Options
    MsPhyMsPhy Posts: 5,055 Member
    edited July 2014

Screenshot1.png

Screenshot4.png

That's odd. My memory says that the cut-off for pregnancy is 3 days before elderhood, so 5 or 4 days before should have worked. Well. Always next time. And gotta love that Bella, she never changes ;-)
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    No, the cut off is 5 days- 6 days they can still try. Maybe a mod gives longer time. :)

~ Love Bella being so straight forward! :lol:
  • Options
    MsPhyMsPhy Posts: 5,055 Member
    edited July 2014
    Rflong7 wrote:
    No, the cut off is 5 days- 6 days they can still try. Maybe a mod gives longer time. :)

I just got Jenny Smith pregnant at 3 days out. There's a very small window for her to get pregnant when you first enter the Smith house. If she and PT don't try for baby immediately, it becomes too late. Maybe that's just the Smith house. I'll have to try with someone else approaching elderhood ;-)
  • Options
    Gemmie12Gemmie12 Posts: 262 Member
    edited July 2014
    Just got The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection yesterday, had to start out with a new neighbourhood cause the premade ones didn't load. Anyway, the family i'm playing is a family I created called the Kinsens, which consists of Abbie(red t-shirt) and her sister Alissa(bunny hat). This is them on a community lot(it's a premade one, but I forgot what it was called). [img]https://🐸🐸🐸🐸.googleusercontent.com/--uBT3KeTBG8/U9FK9FLEl7I/AAAAAAAAHKU/Jn8c_sKpUjA/w600-h450-no/Snapshot.bmp[/img]
    CJcvgXD.png
    Lein Modded Legacy

OriginID/PSN: Gemmie12
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    It was my own fault, by the time I got the kids all off to college, he was about ready to be an elder. At least I got all the boys and him hobby cars built and painted, ready for their return. I might just copy another Strangetown over from the program directory, just give it a new file number and it should be good to go. This way I can try again without losing all the work I did on the other families in Strangetown. I think that's how that works. I'm going to name it N022 instead of the default N002. :wink:
  • Options
    Seera1024Seera1024 Posts: 3,629 Member
    edited July 2014
    It was my own fault, by the time I got the kids all off to college, he was about ready to be an elder. At least I got all the boys and him hobby cars built and painted, ready for their return. I might just copy another Strangetown over from the program directory, just give it a new file number and it should be good to go. This way I can try again without losing all the work I did on the other families in Strangetown. I think that's how that works. I'm going to name it N022 instead of the default N002. :wink:

Just remember to go inside of the folder and change all N002's to N022's!
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    I use Bulk Rename Utility to change all the folder/file numbers.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Seera1024 wrote:

Just remember to go inside of the folder and change all N002's to N022's!

I'm already halfway done. 8) It's tedious, but simple & quick to do.
    The sims list is the longest list, so I started there.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    MsPhy wrote:
    Rflong7 wrote:

I just got Jenny Smith pregnant at 3 days out. There's a very small window for her to get pregnant when you first enter the Smith house. If she and PT don't try for baby immediately, it becomes too late. Maybe that's just the Smith house. I'll have to try with someone else approaching elderhood ;-)

I haven't played Strangetown since 2005 so I don't know but I do know that Sims can't get pregnant 5 days before turning elder except maybe with* a mod. ;)
  • Options
    Fairy_HappyFairy_Happy Posts: 8,903 Member
    edited July 2014
    I just got the Ultimate Collection and it's downloading right now.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Rflong7 wrote:
    I use Bulk Rename Utility to change all the folder/file numbers.

I just looked this up. It's already built into windows. Just highlight all the files you want to rename and then right click on the first one and chose rename. Only change the part of the name you want to edit. I never knew that was an option! Learning new stuff every day. :lol: 8)

Not quite what I wanted though. LMAO. But good to know, regardless.
  • Options
    dominimpdominimp Posts: 162 Member
    edited July 2014
    8)

I took a lot of screenshots from my XP Machine, I shared most to all of them my tumblr.

But for those here... I shall share a few.

Also can you do basements in Sims 2? I thought my old families in Sims 2 had basements, I could be wrong though lol

th_TheSimsImage22_zps2179f9a9.jpg | th_TheSimsImage23_zps210bd770.jpg | th_TheSimsImage29_zpsc74c6178.jpg | th_TheSimsImage47_zps2c8de170.jpg

8)
  • Options
    ludusludus Posts: 144 Member
    edited July 2014
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CRaXedmN7eE

Shameful advertising, but Una y Dos persuaded me to leave this here

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top