Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

A trip down nostalgia lane! The Sims 2 discussion thread, a place to talk and share about Sims 2!

Comments

• Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,584 Member
    edited July 2014
    Yes, they can make any outfit on the sewing machine at a certain badge level- they still pay for the material but it's cheaper. :mrgreen:
  • ems0309ems0309 Posts: 541 Member
    edited July 2014
    Yes thank you for confirming this. Oh and not trying to get off topic, but for those that want awesome free CC head over to www.lianasims2.net. Her stuff is great, lots of formal wear, bridal, maternity...everything. (If you didn't already know about it)
    Happy simming
  • Seera1024Seera1024 Posts: 3,629 Member
    edited July 2014
    Seera1024 wrote:
    Well I'd love the participate in this thread and share pictures but so some stupid reason all my pictures are turning out fuzzy and it's getting annoying. :evil:

Like you're graphics are bad?

If so, go into options and there's a camera. Up the quality of the pictures.

I tried that and the pictures look fine when they are small but when I try to resize them to 650px the picture gets fuzzy.

There's a Snapshot Picture Quality spot.

I took three pictures in game. All at the largest size in game. Did not move my camera or hit play or anything. Just changed the Snapshot Picture Quality.

Low
    snapshot_3b73a4b5_c0e11ebd.jpg~original

Medium
    snapshot_3b73a4b5_20e11ebb.jpg~original

High
    snapshot_3b73a4b5_80e11eb8.jpg~original

If your in game graphics look like my High and you've got your Snapshot Picture Quality set to High, then I do not know why your pictures are coming out blurry. Unless you're resizing them outside of the game. But those dimensions sound right for the in game Low, Medium, and High picture size settings.

And if so, then I suggest looking into a screen capture program or just staying at the 400 size if you're wanting to share pictures.
  • vancanuckfan86vancanuckfan86 Posts: 1,156 Member
    edited July 2014
    Well I am continuing to play Gwen Kyllford as a romantic Sim who is woohooing her way around town. She currently has 5 lovers but she just 'accidently' got pregnant by Mayhew Reeves. My plans are for her to raise the baby on her own...although she won't do a very good job. I will roll the kids aspiration when it gets to that point.
  • asiamomma82asiamomma82 Posts: 390 Member
    edited July 2014
    Thanks @ Rflong7! I don't mind doing the printscrn & paste in paint method..I mean I'm in no hurry and I agree screenshots are much better.

One thing that I am learning to appreciate that I never really did when I played originally is that even if there are loading screens, everything at home is saved and frozen in time. So that allows me to stay wherever I am for as long as I want and I'm loving that right now. All I need is my favorite cheat (maxmotives) and I'm good to go! I don't have to worry about making it back in time to go to work or being late. It actually allows you a certain amt of freedom in that respect I think. Oh and on the subject of using cheats. While I am using the one I mentioned above, I have not used any money cheats which is something I usually do. But I'm finding the money they already have is sufficient enough for what they need or want to do. It didn't even occur to me to cheat that way.
    edited July 2014
    All I need is my favorite cheat (maxmotives) and I'm good to go!

Ctrl+shift+c

maxmotives (no spaces or capitals)
    edited July 2014
    Little Owen has been born :):

LittleOwen.png
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,284 Member
    edited July 2014
    What a trip it has been, too. I don't have any saved games to worry about. I uninstalled everything Sims2, without a moment's hesitation, and didn't even bother to back up ANYTHING. I had a couple of pieces of Store content, too … And the very first castle I ever built. :cry:

I'm a tad hot-tempered and it was done in anger, I must confess. I had been playing Sims3 like mad and was disappointed over a couple of things lacking in the new game. 1) Interactions with toddlers and babies and 2)no pointy ears. :shock:

I went back to Sims2 only once and when I lost the children to a Social Worker due to a new glitch the last SP left us with, I got angry and uninstalled the works right then and there. Until now, I haven't played Sims2 again.

So, I'm simply starting all over again. It's been weird. I have to stop and think how to accomplish this or that. It seems so foreign after five years. But, I'm having a blast. I may look around to find a few cc items and perhaps a mod to slow down time, because the Sim day races by and I'm so out of practice very little gets accomplished in a day. :?
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
    edited July 2014
    All I need is my favorite cheat (maxmotives) and I'm good to go!

Ctrl+shift+c

maxmotives (no spaces or capitals)

I know, I was just stating that's the cheat I'm using to extend my time in other towns lol But thanks :wink:
    edited July 2014
    Ok so my sims were still out and about and then I decided to send them shopping, I got to the lot and see one of these!!!

ic5imq.jpg

I COMPLETELY forgot about these lol Seeing that thing has got my creative juices flowing now, maybe I should start an electronics store with a bunch of these :mrgreen: . Now I'm wondering what other type of dispensers did OFB have? I am like super excited now!
  • bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,374 Member
    edited July 2014
    I discovered cc for the sims 2. MTS is a wonderful place where the sims 2 cc is superior.

I have 3 mods for stuff that bugged me in the game...one for eating with manners, no food flying all over the place, :lol: a second one for a sim getting "hot" and "cold" but not getting into distress (now my sim can enjoy his hot tub in the summer, :mrgreen: and the third, sims can now watch TV sitting in a chair not facing the television. It was annoying to see several sims standing behind the couch just to watch TV.

I love playing the sims 2 all over again. The interaction of caress hands at the table is very sexy to me and my sims...one of my favorite interactions, that and slow dancing, they definitely got that one right! :mrgreen:

I installed the sims 2 UC on Tuesday and have been playing ever since. I went back to my sims 3 last night and the game I had been playing in LP for over a year glitched out on me. Needless to say I was angry. :x

I am trying to play the sims 3 as I have much of the store content, worlds and pc but with all the bugs my games have, I doubt I'll be playing very long. I'll probably keeping playing the sims 2 until 4 is released. It makes me very unhappy but I've just about given up on the sims 3...seems like it's always something has to be fixed. :( With 2, it's just start up and play.

Sorry for the rant...over now. :-)
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
    edited July 2014
    Hi :D

I'm staying inside now- it's over a 100 outside... and my pool pump is broken. :(
    I talked my husband into playing in the sprinkler with me! :lol:
    Two grownups running around the sprinkler like kids, good thing it's in the backyard. . . felt very Sims 3ish out there but it does the trick. :mrgreen:

@ asiamomma82- Oh, cool! I'd love to see what stores you make.
    I've got a Sim who's supposed to be getting his robotics badge and will make an electronics shop. Special deals in the back office with the Servos. ;)

@bshag4lv- I know how you feel. I'm taking a break from TS3 for a little while but I've got a lot to finish in both playing and builds. :D

Wedding Time!

Friends and passerbys were all invited
    snapshot_e0d731f8_c0e13a7d_zpsea08a99e.jpg"width=650"

Food was served- Okay, they had pizza delivered... they're still poor.
    My Legacy founder grabbed a slice and the best seat to watch.
    snapshot_e0d731f8_e0e13ab6_zps01f00737.jpg"width=650"

Dance Kiss
    nsnapshot_e0d731f8_00e13c09_zpsf40fdc99.jpg"width=650"

Weddingkiss_zps03752666.jpg"width=650"

Pearl cut their cake (I had Sims taking pictures for their family album or to hang)
    nsnapshot_e0d731f8_20e13c83_zps06b9ca64.jpg"width=650"

nsnapshot_e0d731f8_40e13c98_zps832ece4f.jpg"width=650"

A roof raiser party!
    snapshot_e0d731f8_20e13d91_zps5a80a740.jpg"width=650"

They don't have much money for a really nice house yet but they'll get one someday. :mrgreen:
  • Fairy_HappyFairy_Happy Posts: 8,898 Member
    edited July 2014
    thanks Seera. I will try that. Also I think it could be that I put the game resolution really high but the picture quality really low. I'm about to go in game to check.

edit: I got it! The problem is somehow everything was turned to low. I will be sharing some pictures soon. :D
  • RedDestiny9RedDestiny9 Posts: 202 New Member
    edited July 2014
    I never got to play with OFB, I like how you can sell most anything, they even have the items needed for the average pet store. My husband and I are playing together and we have a popular furniture store.
  • bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,374 Member
    edited July 2014
    LOL@Rflong! Are we going to have to get a mod to keep you two out of the sprinkler too?? :lol:

Forgot to say, love your wedding pictures. :mrgreen: I love weddings in sims 2 better than in 3.
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
    edited July 2014
    I don't have any pictures yet, but I have to share this video I made of my Sim, Jazz dancing. It' just too funny. It's a minute long

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y_aI5-70myg&feature=youtu.be
  • DarkMirageDarkMirage Posts: 5,998 Member
    edited July 2014
    Nice pics Ro! :thumbup:

ETA: Pics

Poor Alexander just can't catch a break.
    Ghost_zps862b156f.jpg"Width=450"

It's tough living in the Goth house when you're a kid.
    Sims2EP92014-07-2720-10-48-37_zpsf002ef76.png"width=640"

He almost makes it to safety.
    Sims2EP92014-07-2720-12-59-80_zps43778c9c.png"width=640"

That was just too much for the little guy. :lol:
    Sims2EP92014-07-2720-13-50-08_zpsc7d5d601.png"width=640"
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    edited July 2014
    @bshag4lv- Lol~ yes! And Thanks. :mrgreen:

@Friendlyone- That's cute. :lol:

@DarkMirage- Hi! :mrgreen:
    Aww! Poor Alex. He's got it tough in that house. :shock:

@RedDestiny9 - My Legacy Sim loves Music & Dance so she opened up a Dance/Exercise Studio. I love it when the Sims come inside and dance so I send her to dance too. :lol:

snapshot_00d7414b_80dc62d3_zps6291df2f.jpg"width=650"

snapshot_00d7414b_60dbeb91_zps9607105d.jpg"width=650"

snapshot_00d7414b_20dc8531_zps0d0570e2.jpg"width=650"

There's a sauna, hot tub, pool, basketball court... but mostly a dance area. It's at level 9 right now. :D

My OWBC family went on their Honeymoon... so he could invite Bigfoot to live with them.

"Where? Where's Bigfoot. I only see a flock of birds though." - Pearl
    snapshot_e0d731f8_40e142bd_zps0057a8de.jpg"width=650"

Bigfoot- his name is actually Charlie- loves to give Bigfoot hugs
    bigfoothug_zps01be527b.jpg"width=650"
    edited July 2014
    Thank you Rflong. :mrgreen:

I'm not going to be a post and ditcher. I will not post any more pictures or videos until I comment on other people's pictures. :D
  • DarkMirageDarkMirage Posts: 5,998 Member
    edited July 2014
    :lol: @ the bigfoot hug!
  • JayedTadaSkierJayedTadaSkier Posts: 817 Member
    edited July 2014
    I hope this is appropriate to post / talk about here, but does nobody else really like The Sims 2? I don't hate it or anything like that at all, I just find it very boring and unappealing... I get much more bored with it than I do with the Sims 3 (I love the Sim-type games)

My sims always take hours to eat and always have to pee, I really dislike the whole system of how they have to go to work again in the same day if they get promoted and their new time is after they get home, and community lots run really terribly for some reason. I've yet to really play a long family or for more than a few in-game weeks, or try out all of the EPs (Open for business, I'm about to try you out!)

Sorry if this post is all over the place; it usually is when I try to get my thoughts down.

Money in the game seems to be really hard to come by, too. I also can't figure out gardening; something I love in TS3. I asked a friend of mine who played The Sims 2 a lot when they were younger how Gardening worked and he stated, "it Doesn't"
  • exotickittenexotickitten Posts: 4,113 Member
    edited July 2014
    Well, I haven't been playing hardly at all today. XD I've been scanning the interwebs for skins and playing around with bodyshop all day. I did finish one lipstick, but it's not even worth showing off. I'll try again tomorrow. 8)

Well, I'll show it anyway.

snapshot_20e1e01e_a0e1e021.jpg

Someone told me I'm on a slippery slope. It starts with makeup and skin and morph's into hours drawing hair and making meshes. :oops:
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    & http://exotickittens.blogspot.com & https://twitter.com/simkitten
    -my nickname was taken on twitter :(
    dac6aa93-85be-457a-a356-02f0a5dd016f_zps42daf419.png
  • RedDestiny9RedDestiny9 Posts: 202 New Member
    edited July 2014
    @Rflong7 I never even thought about making something like that, your studio looks awesome. The next time I send my sims on vacation I'll look for big foot too :D

@JayedTadaSkier Like any game, not just the sims, it's more about personal preference. Lots of people are getting back into the sims 2 and lots of people never got to play it and found that they love the game. Some people had everything and just returned to a childhood favorite. I myself am a die-hard sims fan so I love all of the games I've played. If it's not your favorite for one reason it could also be a favorite of another person for that same reason.

@exotickitten, your sim is really pretty, try mod the sims or the sims resource they both have a decent amount of options for sims 2. The other site is parsimonious that one is an .org it has a lot of content you could try I just downloaded a lot of clothes from there.
  • angl2005151angl2005151 Posts: 149 Member
    edited July 2014
    This weekend I played a lot with a second uber megahood (all neighbourhoods in one :))
    After I had Bella leave Mortimer for a an affair with Don, Bella left him too. She gotten pregnant and I didn't saw as a Don good father yet.
    She got twins: Donna and Mickey Bachelor.
    snapshot_40e288b0_c0e28990.jpg

Then I married Mortimer to Dina Caliente and they also got twins: Christopher and Yvett Goth.
    snapshot_6dae6a73_80e2750d.jpg
    But then I had Dina divorce Mortimer because I didn't really like them together....
    I decided to pair Dina with Daniel Pleasant, which I remembered doing for my story as well.
    I had Mary-Sue caught Daniel cheating with the maid...
    snapshot_cdae71fd_00e27a39.jpg

Then started a relationship between Dina en Daniel, who moved to Desiderata Valley together, alongside Dina's children.
    snapshot_40e29f60_80e2ab8d.jpg

Together they now got a daughter named Leslie.
    snapshot_40e29f60_80e2a97b.jpg

And a son named Hercules
    snapshot_40e29f60_c0e2a92f.jpg

They are very happy together :)
    snapshot_40e29f60_e0e2aa9d.jpg
    snapshot_40e29f60_c0e2aaea.jpg

Now I'm gonna play with the rest of the family, as Angela and Lilith are in college and need to graduate :)
    Nicole's Sims Story's
    www.nicolesimsstories.weebly.com

• ludusludus Posts: 144 Member
    edited July 2014
    Would you be more inclined to continue if it were say an apocalypse type challenge? TS2 is great for this type of challenge because the families stay where you put them, and don't age until you play them. So when you play say 10 episodes of one family, you can jump over to another. This way you have a long running series, and you're town progresses and changes as you play. Do all your lot and town editing off camera, and only record the actual gameplay. At least, that's how I would do it if I wanted to do a let's play type of series. 8)

I thank you for the suggestions, Ms. Kitty, but such action would be too overwhelming and confusing for me. Alas, Norhando has persisted to Part 5 now (a university special), which I shall add to this banco de nostalga.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JHvxGzzsuRY

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top