Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I just received my Sims 2 Ultimate Collection, did you?

12346...Next

Comments

• PHOEBESMOM601PHOEBESMOM601 Posts: 14,595 Member
    edited July 2014
    MrBump13 wrote:
    Are you all running TS2 UC on windows 8 :)? Whenever I enter CAS or try choosing a family, it comes up with an error message saying that mansion and garden stuff is not working and the application is being terminated? Could anyone help me? I've tried it LOADS of times, but it just crases after about 2-3 minutes? I have a fairly good laptop that runs on windows 8, is an intel core i7 processor, 2.9ghz, 8 (or12) GB of ram, and an NVIDEA graphics card? I'm recovering from surgery and I'd love to play, pleas help <3

I was running the TS2 base game on Win 8 and it was working fine. For some reason I could never get EPs and SPs to install. They would install part of the way and then uninstall themselves. I don't have the same problem with Win7.

Right before I downloaded TS2 UC I upgraded to 8.1. The whole game downloaded and installed just fine. When I want to play I right click on the icon and pick Win 7 compatibility mode to run the game. It's working great.
    "People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright
  • MrBump13MrBump13 Posts: 316 Member
    edited July 2014
    I've uninstalled and reinstalled, run it with win 7, win vista and win xp and it still won't work! If I contact origin game advisor, will they help me? Or not?
  • gayarsgayars Posts: 2,229 Member
    edited July 2014
    The other day I got them to add the sims double deluxe to my game, and then today I tried to get them to add the sims 2 ultimate, and he told me my code is invalid (well of course it is, it is from UMPTEEN YEARS AGO, and he refuses to give me the ultimate collection even tho the other guy added double deluxe what the heck? any advice?
  • FluorescentSoapFluorescentSoap Posts: 1,472 Member
    edited July 2014
    gayars wrote:
    The other day I got them to add the sims double deluxe to my game, and then today I tried to get them to add the sims 2 ultimate, and he told me my code is invalid (well of course it is, it is from UMPTEEN YEARS AGO, and he refuses to give me the ultimate collection even tho the other guy added double deluxe what the heck? any advice?

Try on the livechat again,

the first advisor I got told me my codes were invalid too! :<

so after that I tried again and did email way instead; added a picture of the launcher on the desktop for proof with a picture of all the short cuts I had of the games. I then provided my deluxe code and the second advisor he did it right away.

First advisor response:

"16 Jul 2014 18:25:04
    Well I checked but all the codes are showing as invalid."

Second advisor response:

"Thanks let me check this for you."
    ____ 18 Jul 2014 05:35:03
    "Thanks for waiting, I have added ultimate collection of the game in your account, please check your Origin my games section."

If you don't have the games physically on your PC/Laptop maybe take a picture of the booklet with the code showing and the DVD Case.
    tumblr_inline_oqdvr8Z3jV1qbd7br_540.gif
    ⌠ Team Holy Hêll ⌡ [Currently playing TS4]
  • suicidalcheetossuicidalcheetos Posts: 315 Member
    edited July 2014
    I'm a bit confused by this whole process.
    I contacted an advisor yesterday I told him I had many physical copies of the Sims 2 games basegame/EPs/SPs, but they weren't registering to Origin.
    I told him there was something going on where they were giving away TS2 ultimate collection if you had a digital copy of the game registered to your account.
    So He told me to only provide the product code for my basegame that wasn't registering and he'd exchange that code for a double deluxe.
    He then said as soon as TS2 ultimate collection is released that my double deluxe would be upgraded to that version.
    So do I wait, or am I supposed to go back and contact EA again about the TS2 ultimate collection?
    He did say it might take a couple of days, but a lot of my friends are telling me I need to contact them again and not wait. :?
    These are probably the best resources/threads for beginners.
    Daily Deal Thread - D&D Spreadsheet - The Gifting Directory
    Reinstall Store Stuff: No Repeats or Disappearing - Nraas Mods to Fix Your Game
    ~Ctrl + F to open up search bar for D&D Spreadsheet~
  • mcruddmcrudd Posts: 11,696 Member
    edited July 2014
    Wilderwolf wrote:
    It just appeared in my Origin account.

I didn't like that the Ultimate Collection used the base game cover art, so I whipped up a quick custom art that incorporates the cover art from every expansion/stuff pack.

wVHKVKl.png

Awww, I finally got time on my computer (school holidays done :D ) and now the cool pic for the ultimate collection is gone, do you mind sharing it again, I would love to have it ;)
  • nasonexdropnasonexdrop Posts: 74 Member
    edited July 2014
    I am just having my free copy of ultimate collection being downloaded from origin. I haven't used it yet. I am wondering though can my purchased things for my sim 2 cd copies be added into this collection and if so where can I get my store bought goods from today . I am very pleased to receive this collection thanks
  • nateslicenateslice Posts: 1,440 Member
    edited July 2014
    I'm a bit confused by this whole process.
    I contacted an advisor yesterday I told him I had many physical copies of the Sims 2 games basegame/EPs/SPs, but they weren't registering to Origin.
    I told him there was something going on where they were giving away TS2 ultimate collection if you had a digital copy of the game registered to your account.
    So He told me to only provide the product code for my basegame that wasn't registering and he'd exchange that code for a double deluxe.
    He then said as soon as TS2 ultimate collection is released that my double deluxe would be upgraded to that version.
    So do I wait, or am I supposed to go back and contact EA again about the TS2 ultimate collection?
    He did say it might take a couple of days, but a lot of my friends are telling me I need to contact them again and not wait. :?

Don't listen to him. Open up Origin. Click "Origin" at the top of your screen, and select Redeem Product Code from that menu. The product code is I-LOVE-THE-SIMS .

Hurry; you don't have much time left. The code is only good until July 31st.

Edit: Oh, I see I was responding to a twelve-day-old post. :oops: Well, if anyone else is looking for the method to get Sims 2 Ultimate at the last minute, that's the procedure.