Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I just received my Sims 2 Ultimate Collection, did you?

Comments

• Options
    MmdrgntobldrgnMmdrgntobldrgn Posts: 6,680 Member
    edited July 2014
    Surreal wrote:
    So how about some good sites for TS2 things since we all seem to be downloading it ;)

MTS

I redownloaded the ubberhood :mrgreen:
    Peace, GranMama Dragon
    Exploring life through imagination & satire since 1969.
    Save Game Often
    repair & clear caches Often
    S3 Studio
    S3 blog Story, lists of empty lots by world
    Behrooz
    S2/3/4 Randomnes
  • Options
    SurrealSurreal Posts: 3,241 Member
    edited July 2014
    Surreal wrote:
    So how about some good sites for TS2 things since we all seem to be downloading it ;)

MTS

I redownloaded the ubberhood :mrgreen:

Noted. :) What about a good info site... I never played TS2 so... have no clue how to install CC, I remember reading something about saving a neighborhood before you make changes but don't really remember, things like that.
  • Options
    SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,828 Member
    edited July 2014
    Yay! One hour wait time but all I had to do was verify that I qualify for The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection and they added it to my account. So if you know that you should have it but don't, just contact them.

Edit: It has been downloading for 10 minutes now and I'm at 14%.
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • Options
    Snakefire30Snakefire30 Posts: 473 Member
    edited July 2014
    Sims 2 downloads go into the Downloads folder. It just needs to be created, don't need a framework like Sims 3.

I didn't get the invitation for the Ultimate Collection so I can't give you the exact name: it either needs to be created in The Sims 2 folder or the Double Deluxe folder if there is one.

Win 7 has an odd quirk that it creates two The Sims 2 folders. One has the game files, one is empty. Don't worry about the empty one. It doesn't affect anything and if you delete it Win 7 will just create it again.
  • Options
    Seera1024Seera1024 Posts: 3,629 Member
    edited July 2014
    Sims 2 downloads go into the Downloads folder. It just needs to be created, don't need a framework like Sims 3.

I didn't get the invitation for the Ultimate Collection so I can't give you the exact name: it either needs to be created in The Sims 2 folder or the Double Deluxe folder if there is one.

Win 7 has an odd quirk that it creates two The Sims 2 folders. One has the game files, one is empty. Don't worry about the empty one. It doesn't affect anything and if you delete it Win 7 will just create it again.

Folder location for Sims 2 CC and mods (a few TS2 sites call them hacks):

[My] Documents/EA Games/The Sims 2/Downloads

Yes, the D has to capitalized and the s has to be at the end. Since you do have to create the folder.

Just be very careful to keep your Sims 2 CC binges away from your Sims 3 CC binges. Both utilize the .package file for some files. Including mods. TS2 mods are .package files. TS3 mods are .package files.
  • Options
    SurrealSurreal Posts: 3,241 Member
    edited July 2014
    Thanks to both of you.
  • Options
    carlymichellecarlymichelle Posts: 3,402 Member
    edited July 2014
    yep i got mine
  • Options
    TadOlsonTadOlson Posts: 11,380 Member
    edited July 2014
    I got mine after registering my base game code with origin though live chat.
    44620367775_0442f830c1_n.jpg
  • Options
    StoreAccountStoreAccount Posts: 1,504 Member
    edited July 2014
    Hi wilderwolf, I really need your help with my TS2 game screen tearing. smiley-sad010.gif Can you please help me? 1sm134plead.gif
  • Options
    MsPhyMsPhy Posts: 5,055 Member
    edited July 2014
    Hi wilderwolf, I really need your help with my TS2 game screen tearing. smiley-sad010.gif Can you please help me? 1sm134plead.gif

Tearing? How do you mean, exactly?
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    MsPhy wrote:
    Hello, MsPhy. :-) I am reading WilderWolf's blog here on how to fix tearing and flickering:
    http://simscompletecollection.tumblr.com/post/92088104075/i-encountered-all-of-these-errors-with-sims-2-on

By tearing, I mean when I press take a screenshot or move the camera, the picture flickers and part of the picture disappears. :(

However, I am not sure where to locate the file I need to alter. :(
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    MsPhy wrote:
    Hello, MsPhy. :-) I am reading WilderWolf's blog here on how to fix tearing and flickering:
    http://simscompletecollection.tumblr.com/post/92088104075/i-encountered-all-of-these-errors-with-sims-2-on

By tearing, I mean when I press take a screenshot or move the camera, the picture flickers and part of the picture disappears. :(

You mean this part? Where do you get lost?

1. Locate your installation folder.
    (Default location c:\Program Files\Origin Games\The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection)

2. Find the graphic rules file within the folder.
    (Default location \Fun with Pets\SP9\TSData\Res\Config)

3. Right-click graphic rules.sgr and open with Notepad

4. Change numbers to match etc.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    MsPhy wrote:
    MsPhy wrote:

You mean this part? Where do you get lost?

1. Locate your installation folder.
    (Default location c:\Program Files\Origin Games\The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection)

2. Find the graphic rules file within the folder.
    (Default location \Fun with Pets\SP9\TSData\Res\Config)

3. Right-click graphic rules.sgr and open with Notepad

4. Change numbers to match etc.
    I go to C> Program Files> Origin Games> The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection

but there is no SP9. :( Which one should I select? :?: :(

23kw9s6.png

Link to bigger pic: http://i57.tinypic.com/23kw9s6.png
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Open the Fun With Pets folder; SP9 is inside there, a sub-folder. Then open the SP9 folder and look for the TSData folder and open it; look for the Res folder and open it; look for the Config folder and open it. Folder inside folder inside folder, you follow?
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    MsPhy wrote:
    Open the Fun With Pets folder; SP9 is inside there, a sub-folder. Then open the SP9 folder and look for the TSData folder and open it; look for the Res folder and open it; look for the Config folder and open it. Folder inside folder inside folder, you follow?
    OMG thank you sooo much! I couldn't even see that file. smiley-hug002.gifsmiley-dance015.gif
  • Options
    PrettyGirl_NeenPrettyGirl_Neen Posts: 6
    edited July 2014
    Hey Simmers,

Is anyone having trouble with CC houses and lots showing up in game ?

The Sims installer is basically non-existent so I'm stuck at how to get my houses to present themselves :?

ps. my CC sims are showing up with no problem ...
  • Options
    jimmysnanjimmysnan Posts: 8,303 Member
    edited July 2014
    sims152318 wrote:
    I don't have it in my library. Part of it is due to me having a physical copy of Double Deluxe. I tried registering the key code on Origin, but I was told that it was invalid, so I have no chance of getting the Ultimate Collection. :(:cry:

Talk to chat they give it to you if you do not have it!
  • Options
    Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    edited July 2014
    Hey Simmers,

The Sims installer is basically non-existent so I'm stuck at how to get my houses to present themselves :?

Hi :)

There is still the Sims 2 Clean Installer. I've been using it since it came out- http://sims2pack.modthesims2.com/

Also, you can get to the Sim installer by right clicking on a Sims2pack and choosing Open with... Browse ->
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection\Fun with Pets\SP9\CSBin
    then choosing the TS2BodyShop.exe as the program to open.

:)
    That's where Body Shop is too.
  • Options
    jimmysnanjimmysnan Posts: 8,303 Member
    edited July 2014
    Timnightly wrote:
    Do you know if there is a deadline to get the Sims 2 Ultimate Collection? I'm on holiday so I don't have my physical copy of the Sims 2 with me :cry:

I think it stays in your origin like the demo for sims 3 pets. If you have sims 2 installed you can get it. Even if you do not have the physical disks with you if they re registered on origin you can tell chat and they will give you the code!
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Rflong7 wrote:
    Hey Simmers,

There is still the Sims 2 Clean Installer. I've been using it since it came out- http://sims2pack.modthesims2.com/

Also, you can get to the Sim installer by right clicking on a Sims2pack and choosing Open with... Browse ->
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection\Fun with Pets\SP9\CSBin

Hello :) thank you for your help, just a question ...

I'm working with windows 8 so when I right click the file it only ask me what app do I want to open it with ... It's weird because I didn't have to use clean installer (I did have it for my old computer) to get my CC sims into the game, I'm wondering why I cant get the lots to show up ...
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Rflong7 wrote:
    Hey Simmers,

Hello :) thank you for your help, just a question ...

I'm working with windows 8 so when I right click the file it only ask me what app do I want to open it with ... It's weird because I didn't have to use clean installer (I did have it for my old computer) to get my CC sims into the game, I'm wondering why I cant get the lots to show up ...

Sorry, I don't know Win8 :(

I read someone else say that their lots weren't in the Teleport folder in Documents\EA Games\The Sims™ 2 Ultimate Collection\Teleport . It, either the files or the Teleport folder, was outside the Sims 2 save files.

Maybe look for a new Teleport folder, that's where the lots are supposed to be to go into the game. :)
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Rflong7 wrote:

I read someone else say that their lots weren't in the Teleport folder in Documents\EA Games\The Sims™ 2 Ultimate Collection\Teleport . It, either the files or the Teleport folder, was outside the Sims 2 save files.

Maybe look for a new Teleport folder, that's where the lots are supposed to be to go into the game. :)

Really ? I've always put my lots in the downloads folder and they showed up in my game ...

This is confusing lol thank you for your help though, I really appreciate it :)
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Rflong7 wrote:

Really ? I've always put my lots in the downloads folder and they showed up in my game ...

Really? I've never heard of that but weird things have happened, I'm sure. :D

Lots are supposed to be installed by the installer putting them in the Teleport folder and then when the game opens they're moved to the bin. At least I always thought so. :)
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Rflong7 wrote:
    Rflong7 wrote:

Really? I've never heard of that but weird things have happened, I'm sure. :D

Lots are supposed to be installed by the installer putting them in the Teleport folder and then when the game opens they're moved to the bin. At least I always thought so. :)

You probably are right, I just learned how to install lots a different way lol

I used the pack installer that came with the game and it said that the sims2packs wee all installed but I don't see the lots in game :cry:
  • Options
    MrBump13MrBump13 Posts: 316 Member
    edited July 2014
    Are you all running TS2 UC on windows 8 :)? Whenever I enter CAS or try choosing a family, it comes up with an error message saying that mansion and garden stuff is not working and the application is being terminated? Could anyone help me? I've tried it LOADS of times, but it just crases after about 2-3 minutes? I have a fairly good laptop that runs on windows 8, is an intel core i7 processor, 2.9ghz, 8 (or12) GB of ram, and an NVIDEA graphics card? I'm recovering from surgery and I'd love to play, pleas help <3