Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I just received my Sims 2 Ultimate Collection, did you?

Comments

• SumoBSumoB Posts: 1,217 Member
    edited July 2014
    All of my sims 2 games are physical copies. :cry: Is it something I can do to get the ultimate collection?
  • pandabearroxpandabearrox Posts: 2,295 Member
    edited July 2014
    Yayy!!

Just got it!
  • peoplespartypeoplesparty Posts: 250 Member
    edited July 2014
    Yayy!!

Just got it!
    I have to wait on EA for a new Code :(
    635811694122995745-1577902652_halloweenpumpkinhead.gif

• okesterokester Posts: 4,136 Member
    edited July 2014
    SuttiPutt wrote:
    I think that I may of gotten the old version cause I installed it and it won't play.It just says sims2 store edition which I think means I haven't gotten the Ultimate collection yet.

I was told that if you only have the Store Edition you aren't eligible for the Collection. I only have the Store Edition, but I really want to the Ultimate Collection :(
    Origin ID: Okest3r_13 Check out my Sims 4 creations!
  • RedHoneySkyRedHoneySky Posts: 105 Member
    edited July 2014
    afrat240 wrote:

That's just the email telling us about it that a lot of people got yesterday. I believe OP is saying he actually got his, and is able to download it to his origin...

This. And thank you, OP, for letting us know it was being put out there!
    edited July 2014
    Umm, Whats a Special Access Code? I got one from Contacting EA in my Email And never got one before soo...?

• SimSassybreeSimSassybree Posts: 473 Member
    edited July 2014
    PosterGirl wrote:
    Yep! I just received mine too. This is awesome! I only purchased TS2 happy holiday mini pack years ago from origin, the rest of my games are on a disc. Apparently, it qualified me to get all the sims 2 games for free digitally with this new ultimate collection pack.

EDIT: I just wish they made a physical disc version for the ultimate collection

Lol that mini pack was my saving grace also :D Although from what I understand those with only physical copies can contact EA support and try to get their games added to their origin.
  • afrat240afrat240 Posts: 273 Member
    edited July 2014
    Umm, Whats a Special Access Code? I got one from Contacting EA in my Email And never got one before soo...?

I'd assume that's the code you need to register your game on origin. I think there's a button you can click that says "register a game" under "my games" and you would enter that code.

I'm at work so sorry, have to go by memory...
  • SuttiPuttSuttiPutt Posts: 3,620 Member
    edited July 2014
    I own a physical copy of the whole set and had registered all of them at one time so don't know why,I wouldn't get a copy of this as well.
  • dragonageddragonaged Posts: 14
    edited July 2014
    Of course, being myself, I won't receive this until the last possible minute. I haven't even gotten the email you all are talking about yet.

• medivialprincessmedivialprincess Posts: 774 Member
    edited July 2014
    I have several sims 2 expansions on disc for mac and they gave me a code for double deluxe early this morning. hopefully I get the ultimate in the next few days :mrgreen:
    tumblr_m4hniaS8fX1r3l7cvo1_500.gif
  • Nik24X7Nik24X7 Posts: 7,865 Member
    edited July 2014
    I checked my Origin account this morning. My Sims 2 games are gone from the My Games tab. They used to be there. I wonder what's up. No Untimate Collection for me as of yet. Not a big issue for me since I still have Sims 2 and all its EPs and SPs installed.
    Origin ID: nik24x7
  • ShaneyBoyShaneyBoy Posts: 2,134 Member
    edited July 2014
    Oooh I wish I could get it. I owned pretty much every expansion pack and stuff pack, (aside from the last two I think?), but they're at my brothers house.
  • StoreAccountStoreAccount Posts: 1,504 Member
    edited July 2014
    Hey Wilderwolf, does it include the Holiday pack? :-)
  • Kellieann123Kellieann123 Posts: 507 Member
    edited July 2014
    I just got it as well after talking to a EA rep. He said it will work on Windows 8 but I'm not sure about that. I will try anyways.

• SimSassybreeSimSassybree Posts: 473 Member
    edited July 2014

It should as that is the only sims 2 item I have in my origin and they are consolidating all of the games into one download.
  • medivialprincessmedivialprincess Posts: 774 Member
    edited July 2014
    I just got it as well after talking to a EA rep. He said it will work on Windows 8 but I'm not sure about that. I will try anyways.

did you get the ultimate code or double deluxe code? and if it does let us know I keep reading how it doesn't with the regular discs.
    tumblr_m4hniaS8fX1r3l7cvo1_500.gif
  • StoreAccountStoreAccount Posts: 1,504 Member
    edited July 2014

It should as that is the only sims 2 item I have in my origin and they are consolidating all of the games into one download.
    Thanks. :) I have lost my code for my Double Deluxe disk. :( I am going to contact EA and see if there is anything I can do. :)
    edited July 2014
    "The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection is going out to gamers right now. Everyone who had a digital copy of The Sims 2 will find the Ultimate Collection in their library within the next 5 days. Just log in to Origin and visit your My Games library."
    Everyone has five days to get there games on origin for The Ultimate!
    :D:D:D

• aprlmaprlm Posts: 660 Member
    edited July 2014
    Desirai wrote:
    Is it possible for me to get it if I have physical copies of ts2?
    Yes you can, I have the physical copies as well.
    I spoke with an EA rep on the live chat and he helped me through it,
    all I had to do was give him the serial code from my physical copy
    and then he gave me a new digital version that qualified me to get the ultimate collection
    a.k.a *April* My Sims 3 page
    edited July 2014
    Question: if I already have sims 2 installed with all EPs and SPs, is there any reason for me to get the Ultimate Collection as a digital download? Just wondering.
  • rebekah512rebekah512 Posts: 881 Member
    edited July 2014
    Now you've done it. You made me go find my Sims 2 Discs-I'm installing double deluxe now...

edited July 2014
    Nik24X7 wrote:
    Question: if I already have sims 2 installed with all EPs and SPs, is there any reason for me to get the Ultimate Collection as a digital download? Just wondering.
    Well, Do you want it?

edited July 2014
    Nik24X7 wrote:
    Well, Do you want it?
    I dunno. Is there a difference? I already have it installed and it is stable. I almost hate to mess with it. That's why I'm asking. Thank you!
  • ADLER900ADLER900 Posts: 503 Member
    edited July 2014
    SumoB wrote:
    All of my sims 2 games are physical copies. :cry: Is it something I can do to get the ultimate collection?

contact origin via the live chat. Explain that you have the hard copies, they will ask for the serial code of your existing game, your name and e-mail address (matching Origin). They should provide you with an online code which you register through EA.com. The Double Deluxe then appears in your library, making you eligible for the ultimate collection.

I did read somewhere that they might be running out of codes, so act fast. Good luck.

I'm still waiting for the ultimate collection.