Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I just received my Sims 2 Ultimate Collection, did you?

WilderwolfWilderwolf Posts: 3,406 Member
It just appeared in my Origin account.

I didn't like that the Ultimate Collection used the base game cover art, so I whipped up a quick custom art that incorporates the cover art from every expansion/stuff pack.

wVHKVKl.png
Sig_zpsrk5fg4ri.gif

Comments

• Options
    Kellieann123Kellieann123 Posts: 507 Member
    edited July 2014
  • Options
    afrat240afrat240 Posts: 273 Member
    edited July 2014
    Seriously?? Why did you have to tell me that...I'm at work and won't be able to check mine for another 2-3 hours :cry: :shock: :lol:

I had gotten the email about it yesterday, does anyone know if they are giving those out all at once, or in waves like the demo?

Also, once you've downloaded, care to share what it includes?? :D
  • Options
    PixelsSquaredPixelsSquared Posts: 3,265 Member
    edited July 2014
    I don't have it in my library. Part of it is due to me having a physical copy of Double Deluxe. I tried registering the key code on Origin, but I was told that it was invalid, so I have no chance of getting the Ultimate Collection. :(:cry:
    ypU37gD.gif
    Pricefield forever.
    Time Won't Keep Us Apart - A story.
    MTS: SimsForever15 | Origin: vba152318 | Paradox: PixelsSquared | Simblr: PixelsSquared
  • Options
    edited July 2014

That's just the email telling us about it that a lot of people got yesterday. I believe OP is saying he actually got his, and is able to download it to his origin...
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    It's every expansion and stuff pack. I already have the physical disc versions installed on my computer though, so I don't need to install this version.
    Sig_zpsrk5fg4ri.gif

• Options
    PosterGirlPosterGirl Posts: 641 Member
    edited July 2014
    Yep! I just received mine too. This is awesome! I only purchased TS2 happy holiday mini pack years ago from origin, the rest of my games are on a disc. Apparently, it qualified me to get all the sims 2 games for free digitally with this new ultimate collection pack.

EDIT: I just wish they made a physical disc version for the ultimate collection
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    Kellieann123Kellieann123 Posts: 507 Member
    edited July 2014
    I have the Double Deluxe version on my origin acct... But it doesn't work. The second you try and open it - the launch menu comes up and then it crashes.
  • Options
    DesiraiDesirai Posts: 1,058 Member
    edited July 2014
    Is it possible for me to get it if I have physical copies of ts2?
    What if I told you.. you don't have to have 98723987297 animated GIFs in your signatures!?!??
  • Options
    MsPhyMsPhy Posts: 5,055 Member
    edited July 2014
    sims152318 wrote:
    I don't have it in my library. Part of it is due to me having a physical copy of Double Deluxe. I tried registering the key code on Origin, but I was told that it was invalid, so I have no chance of getting the Ultimate Collection. :(:cry:

It's worth contacting EA and asking. Almost all my stuff is on disk, though I think I did buy some stuff packs digitally once upon a time. Anyway, they gave it to me anyway because they could see all my registered games.
  • Options
    ManderMurduhManderMurduh Posts: 1,279 Member
    edited July 2014
    Oh fudge noodles I got it too..

YESSSS!

I have all the ep's in hard copy but I could never be bothered to manually install them again after getting a different computer so this is nice.
    jrbac2.gif
    Origin ID: xoScoochAMooch Feel free to add me!
    Check out my simblr for gameplay pictures! https://leelasims.tumblr.com/

I love BTS and Ariana Grande.
  • Options
    PixelsSquaredPixelsSquared Posts: 3,265 Member
    edited July 2014
    MsPhy wrote:
    sims152318 wrote:

It's worth contacting EA and asking. Almost all my stuff is on disk, though I think I did buy some stuff packs digitally once upon a time. Anyway, they gave it to me anyway because they could see all my registered games.

Thanks. :) Could you give me a link on where I could contact them?
    ypU37gD.gif
    Pricefield forever.
    Time Won't Keep Us Apart - A story.
    MTS: SimsForever15 | Origin: vba152318 | Paradox: PixelsSquared | Simblr: PixelsSquared
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Wilderwolf wrote:
    It's every expansion and stuff pack. I already have the physical disc versions installed on my computer though, so I don't need to install this version.

Another question, does it also include the base game as well? Because I only have maybe 1 or 2 eps and 1 stuff pack on my origin account, but my base game isn't registered to my origin account since I'd gotten a physical copy.

I'm pretty sure I could find it somewhere at my parents' house, but I'd rather not have to wait until the next time I visit them lol
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    sims152318 wrote:
    MsPhy wrote:
    sims152318 wrote:

Thanks. :) Could you give me a link on where I could contact them?

I went to the following link and selected Origin, PC, Codes (for topic), then typed "Sims 2 Ultimate Collection" in the "Please tell us a little more" box. Then it gave me the option to have them call me back or to wait for an online chat window. My choice was to have them call me back. It was early in the morning and predicted wait time was 11 minutes. They called me back in 17 minutes.

https://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/new/
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    http://simsvip.com/2014/07/16/update-the-sims-2-ultimate-collection/#more-39069

Just found this on SimsVip, answers most questions anyone might have.

From what it looks like, if you didn't already have any kind of Sims 2 game registered with your origin account, you probably won't be eligible to get the collection :(

*Giving my 10-years-ago self a pat on the back* :lol:
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    afrat240 wrote:
    Wilderwolf wrote:

Another question, does it also include the base game as well? Because I only have maybe 1 or 2 eps and 1 stuff pack on my origin account, but my base game isn't registered to my origin account since I'd gotten a physical copy.

I'm pretty sure I could find it somewhere at my parents' house, but I'd rather not have to wait until the next time I visit them lol

It includes everything that ever came out, including base game, plus apparently some additional content. I haven't had time to really look it over yet.
  • Options
    ADLER900ADLER900 Posts: 503 Member
    edited July 2014
    I'm still waiting for mine to appear, but I only had my double deluxe registered today, so it might take some time. I contacted origin via the live chat option, provided my Sims 2 hard disk code and got a new code. Once registered, the double deluxe appeared in my origin account, making me eligible for the ultimate collection. I hope I get the ultimate collection soon :D

Can anyone tell me how big the download file is?
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    ADLER900 wrote:
    I'm still waiting for mine to appear, but I only had my double deluxe registered today, so it might take some time. I contacted origin via the live chat option, provided my Sims 2 hard disk code and got a new code. Once registered, the double deluxe appeared in my origin account, making me eligible for the ultimate collection. I hope I get the ultimate collection soon :D

Can anyone tell me how big the download file is?

Something like 12.5 GB. Sorry, not somewhere I can look at it right now.

I predict our thread will be moved to General; there are several other threads on this topic going on there right now.
  • Options
    PosterGirlPosterGirl Posts: 641 Member
    edited July 2014
    afrat240 wrote:

It includes everything, including the base game and all the expansion and stuff packs.

EDIT: Although I've been pretty upset with EA lately, I'm very thankful that they are giving us this. Credit given, when credit due :)
  • Options
    Clk1143Clk1143 Posts: 1,014 Member
    edited July 2014
    Yeah this is what I was afraid of. I got the sims 2 when it first came out so no origin to connect to and now there is not way of connecting it to origin at all. I've tried origin won't take it. It's the the sims version that I am currently playing. I just am hoping my game doesn't get corrupted now and I will no longer be able to play.
  • Options
    SuttiPuttSuttiPutt Posts: 3,620 Member
    edited July 2014
    I think that I may of gotten the old version cause I installed it and it won't play.It just says sims2 store edition which I think means I haven't gotten the Ultimate collection yet.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    It's 12.57 gbs.
    Sig_zpsrk5fg4ri.gif

• Options
    momboqueenmomboqueen Posts: 1,721 Member
    edited July 2014
    Not yet maybe soon.
  • Options
    3fansforever3fansforever Posts: 1,421 Member
    edited July 2014
    I have the physical copies, but I would love my game to be sorted into one complete collection. I tried adding TS2 from my computer to my library on origin. I didnt get the ultimate collection. Waiting 30 min to contact EA to see if i qualify.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Does anyone know how to make the "New" ribbon on the game to go away? I can't install it since I already have them all installed on my computer, but that ribbon is annoying me already.
    Sig_zpsrk5fg4ri.gif

• Options
    peoplespartypeoplesparty Posts: 250 Member
    edited July 2014
    Im so lucky I still Have My Best Of Business Collection :D
    635811694122995745-1577902652_halloweenpumpkinhead.gif