Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Free The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection!!

Comments

• Options
    IstongoIstongo Posts: 626 Member
    edited July 2014
    Rflong7 wrote:
    Hi :)

Sorry about the problems. I really don't have any knowledge about it but thought I'd ask- are you using the exe or Origin to start the game?
    I have no idea if it would help. :(

Good luck! :)

Hello Rflong7 :) thank you for taking time to reply on here. Both times on first loading game, I've clicked play on Origin. I later did try to load the game on its TS2EP9.exe. No towns no nothing. The loading page loads pretty quick (under 1 and a half minutes)

I saw the Sims 2 game video intro before loading page, it looks really nice to see it again :lol: I could load and use the bodyshop. Just no any Sims 2 folder being made on My documents plus unable to play the main game.

(it also said Sims 2 Garden and Mansion expansion pack needs more hard disk memories whenever I start the game, if not the game may not load properly... It had 42GB and still said that. Sometimes after I closed the game, there is a window display like this: program has encountered error it will close soon.)

itsayssomethinglikethis_zps52516106.png

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y84/Kyle_meow/itsayssomethinglikethis_zps52516106.png

Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    YamineHeartsYamineHearts Posts: 74 Member
    edited July 2014
    Rflong7 wrote:

Sorry about the problems. I really don't have any knowledge about it but thought I'd ask- are you using the exe or Origin to start the game?

Ive tried both ways and I first get the pop up warning saying I have no space ( I have 561GB so I dont know what they are talking about :roll: )Then it loads and there arent any neighborhoods only the custom one. I noticed there is no sims 2 on my documents. I am in the middle of re-downloading it. But I doubt thatll fix anything. :cry:
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Rflong7 wrote:

Ive tried both ways and I first get the pop up warning saying I have no space ( I have 561GB so I dont know what they are talking about :roll: )Then it loads and there arent any neighborhoods only the custom one. I noticed there is no sims 2 on my documents. I am in the middle of re-downloading it. But I doubt thatll fix anything. :cry:

Hello YaminheHearts. I am downloaded the whole thing 3 times now, no working at all as there aren't any sims 2 folder on My documents folder.

I did manually uninstall on this 3rd time installation. Hope tomorrow I will able to find something new about this crisis. For tomorrow, I have just changed Origin setting, at advances section I put the tick in front of "after installed, keep the installation files"... hopefully that will help me no need to re-download that ever again. I have changed game install folder to C:\ProgramFiles (x86)\EA Games\ from originally at Electronic Arts folder

manually uninstall link that I've used
    http://help.ea.com/ca/article/manual-uninstall-for-sims-2-expansion-and-stuff-packs/

the TS2 ultimate collection at uninstall part for me was (04450C18-F039-4B81-A621-70C3B0F523D5).

check this out YamineHearts, we don't have this right?
    http://modthesims.info/wiki.php?title=Game_Help:Game_Problem-Remove_Most_Likely_Problems
    Very strange. May I ask what language is your system? mine is zh_TW (Traditional Chinese Tawian).
  • Options
    lisamwittlisamwitt Posts: 5,095 Member
    edited July 2014
    Hey folks - if you haven't caught our tweet about TS2 - we're working on a way for all TS2 owners to upgrade to the Ultimate Collection.

Details to come by 7/23 at 10am here: http://bit.ly/Ugx3kd
    Gallery ID: LadyGray01
  • Options
    ADLER900ADLER900 Posts: 503 Member
    edited July 2014
    I still haven't gotten mine. I have the double deluxe in my games library. I guess I'll wait to live chat origin tomorrow.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Hi Istongo my game is in English and thank you for telling me about saving the installation files. Im still re-installing at 17% so I could be here all day waiting :roll: No, I dont have a documents file either. I didnt manually uninstall it last night I just uninstalled it regularly.
  • Options
    kimplixkimplix Posts: 6 New Member
    edited July 2014
    So I tried downloading The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection, and well..

fabfd7d49342f95881581f662610f709.png

..Yea. Don't know where else to turn
  • Options
    JennaIsGhostJennaIsGhost Posts: 1,209 Member
    edited July 2014
    ADLER900 wrote:
    I still haven't gotten mine. I have the double deluxe in my games library. I guess I'll wait to live chat origin tomorrow.

This is what I'm going through as well. I figure if I don't get it by the 22nd then I'll contact them and see what happens, until then I'll be waiting somewhat patiently. haha!
    a.k.a. Jenna, in case the username didn't give it away. ;P
    MyPage
    I own the whole store!!
    "Color Simmons, cooooolloor!"
    ezgifcom-resize.gif
    Gif from Rub Some Bacon on It
  • Options
    Lizziemay12Lizziemay12 Posts: 1,178 Member
    edited July 2014
    Heyo. So I was doing a search on Origin to find if any of the stuff packs are on cheaply and nothing so I searched online and found out about this...

I hadn't installed Sims 2 electronically (takes way too much memory) but I still got Ultimate Edition. What I am wondering is if there is an option to only download a few of the expansion packs or stuff packs in the Ultimate Edition to save space? I haven't got Pets, Celebration Stuff, Family Fun stuff or Bon Voyage installed (but I do have the disks) and I really want them in for my BACC. Is there a way to only download/install these expansions/stuff packs?
    Origin Username: LizzieMay +++ New friends are always welcome :)
  • Options
    SpiderRollSpiderRoll Posts: 6 New Member
    edited July 2014
    edit: nvm got it
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Did you solve your problem Istongo? I left you a message on your mypage.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Did you solve your problem Istongo? I left you a message on your mypage.

Thank you YamineHearts for your message. I able to play it now with the method you provided me with. Now I can play Sims 2 Ultimate Edition. Thanks you for giving me solutions.

I copied and paste those on google search and found this:

http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-2/INFORMATION-REQUEST-No-Neighborhoods-to-pick-from/td-p/3156388/highlight/false

In case someone who has been facing this situation. Give this a try it may help you like it did helped us.

Thank you once again to EA who gives us this edition, as well as all people who find this solution to this problems. Thank you YamineHearts :-)
  • Options
    Kniga_SitaraKniga_Sitara Posts: 414 Member
    edited July 2014
    I havent digial copy :( But I have all The Sims 2 legall... registred on thesims2.com web, but they delete it :(:( In Origin library I have The sims 2 store edition... Think you that is enough for get The sims2 Ultimate?
  • Options
    Kat2211Kat2211 Posts: 628 New Member
    edited July 2014
    I havent digial copy :( But I have all The Sims 2 legall... registred on thesims2.com web, but they delete it :(:( In Origin library I have The sims 2 store edition... Think you that is enough for get The sims2 Ultimate?
    http://help.ea.com/en/article/how-to-get-the-sims-2-ultimate-collection/
  • Options
    KaigowKaigow Posts: 17 Member
    edited July 2014
    via link above from Kat2211:

"Because you’re a passionate The Sims 2 player, we’re making The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection available free of charge to download to your Origin library. To add the game, just follow these steps:
    Start by downloading and installing Origin. If you already have Origin you can skip to step 3.
    Not an Origin member? Create a free Origin Account to get in the game.
    Launch Origin and log into your Origin Account.
    From the ‘Games’ tab in the Origin menu, select ‘Redeem Product Code’ and enter the code
    I-LOVE-THE-SIMS
    If you’re already an Origin member, you can also redeem your code online. Just visit the Origin code redemption page and log in to your Origin Account. Then enter I-LOVE-THE-SIMS in the ‘Product Code’ field.

Thanks for being a passionate The Sims fan, and enjoy your copy of The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection.

This code will available for redemption until July 31st, 2014 at 10AM PDT."

So go grab the freebie peeps! :p
  • Options
    jessmomncjessmomnc Posts: 2 New Member
    edited July 2014
    Thanks Kaigow and Kat2211. It worked like a charm. I had all physical copies of the games. I am downloading Sims 2 Ultmate Collection as we speak.
  • Options
    strangeseraphstrangeseraph Posts: 369 Member
    edited July 2014
    You don't need any of the Sims 2 games installed or digital copies thereof. I was able to download it and I don't own any of it. I sold my copy of the Sims 2 a long time ago. But it worked for me.

So have fun! :D
    Jenny

Doop Dee Doop
  • Options
    aprlmaprlm Posts: 660 Member
    edited July 2014
    Glad so many are getting their Sims 2 collection :) happy simming!
    a.k.a *April* My Sims 3 page
  • Options
    SimsFanatic00SimsFanatic00 Posts: 124 Member
    edited July 2014
    Has anyone had issues with Sims not eating? My sims will literally stand around and starve themselves. 2 of them will open the fridge and only eat chips and 1 will actually make food while the other 2 will stand around and do that starving animation. All are in the same house and I've moved them into 10 different houses and deleted the fridge and put a new on down and it still happens. Any help? FYI the fridge is full buying groceries is not the issue and the fridge shows that it's full.
  • Options
    Kylieb191Kylieb191 Posts: 4,653 Member
    edited July 2014
    has anyone had a problem with flickering when rotating and missing 1 or 2 walls at times?? if so, is there a mod I can use to sort that out?
    Friends?: http://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/Kylierose19
    Proud member of the "I own the store" club
    Zpj9msL.png
    The real me:https://twitter.com/CupidStupidLov3
  • Options
    ConclueConclue Posts: 2,307 Member
    edited July 2014
    Hey all!

First and foremost I ditched the rest of the day at work (grad school) and the (gym - that I went to work prepared for) just to come home and install The Sims 2. I have LONGGGED for this day. I'm so beyond excited I can't describe. I had SECUROM issues and if you did it was the worst nightmare ever you don't ever want to relive - so I never tried to fix Sims 2 and eventually in 2011 moved on to Sims 3.

So, to my hearts suprise it was SO EASY to get my game. I had to come home and install. I loaded up, fixed resolutions and played in Bella Donna Cove (which I never once loaded in game back then lol) and now I have one issue I'm trying to work out.

While fixing resolutions fixed how badly the edges looked, my options still grey out the "Smooth edges". It's not that bad, and I could live with it, however I'd love to get it a bit crisper.

Anyone have any ideas?
  • Options
    MoochersCoochersMoochersCoochers Posts: 11
    edited July 2014
    The game loads perfectly fine but, when I tried to play with a family the loading screen stops playing music and the game crashes. Has anyone else experience this?
  • Options
    ILOVEPINK787ILOVEPINK787 Posts: 1
    edited July 2014
    I downloaded the sims 2 ultimate collection but it does not want to start :(

what should i do?
  • Options
    JennaIsGhostJennaIsGhost Posts: 1,209 Member
    edited July 2014
    Anyone experiencing black squares for shadows under sims? When my sim goes outside it's shadow is there, when they're inside, it's a black square. I read lowering the shadows would help and not even that worked. I even turned the showdows completely off and that didn't even work.
    Any suggestions? :?
    a.k.a. Jenna, in case the username didn't give it away. ;P
    MyPage
    I own the whole store!!
    "Color Simmons, cooooolloor!"
    ezgifcom-resize.gif
    Gif from Rub Some Bacon on It
  • Options
    Rosieeve112Rosieeve112 Posts: 57 Member
    edited July 2014
    Is there a way that i can get The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection to download and install on my mac?