Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Free The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection!!

EuanSimEuanSim Posts: 2,345 Member
"Dear Origin gamer,

Your current version of The Sims 2 will lose technical support on 22 July 2014. We want you to have the most up-to-date version of The Sims 2 in your collection, so you will see a brand new addition to your Origin library: The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection.

This is the most up-to-date version of The Sims 2 and the version that is still supported by Origin. It also features a lot more content than you may already have in your current version of The Sims 2.

The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection will appear in your Origin library automatically. You'll need to download and install it to your computer to play it.

You're free to continue playing your existing version of The Sims 2, but please note that it is an older edition of the game that will soon lose technical support. To continue receiving support on your progress of The Sims 2 -- including Sims characters, houses, etc. -- you will need to transfer your save files of The Sims 2 to the Ultimate Edition. To learn more about backing up your data, please visit http://help.ea.com/en/article/backing-up-your-sims-2-files/.

Once you've migrated your Sims' lives to The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection, you can better organize your Origin game library by hiding your previous version of The Sims 2. Click on the tile for The Sims 2 in your Game Library for the option to hide it. If you need additional directions, we've got you covered.

Thanks for your continuing passion for The Sims.

-- Team Origin"

Comments

• Options
    Cyron43Cyron43 Posts: 8,055 Member
    edited July 2014
    Sounds good but - what technical support? :lol:
    This space is for rent.
  • Options
    itz_jake_16itz_jake_16 Posts: 222 Member
    edited July 2014
    I have all of the Sims 2's except Pets and Seasons in my origin library, do you think i'll get the ultimate collection? Where did you recieve this message?
  • Options
    COOLGAME8013COOLGAME8013 Posts: 3,090 Member
    edited July 2014
    Cyron43 wrote:
    Sounds good but - what technical support? :lol:

Random posts that don't involve "real" people telling you how to fix Simple things..

If your game is corrupted they will likely tell you to reinstall it, while other fan sites say it would be possible to replace all those Object files you've easily corrupted with ones from the CD and such.
  • Options
    FluorescentSoapFluorescentSoap Posts: 1,472 Member
    edited July 2014
    now this makes me mad that my brother lost the origin login ;< hell I have all the sims 2 already including stuff packs but on the old computer and all on origin he stupidly has no codes no email for origin.
    tumblr_inline_oqdvr8Z3jV1qbd7br_540.gif
    ⌠ Team Holy Hêll ⌡ [Currently playing TS4]
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    now this makes me mad that my brother lost the origin login ;< hell I have all the sims 2 already including stuff packs but on the old computer and all on origin he stupidly has no codes no email for origin.

Aw that's always annoying.

It hasn't shown up in my library yet. Hopefully it isn't CAS Demo 2.0 XD
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Maybe anyone who has TS2 in their library will automatically gain this one on July 22nd? I hope so because it'll complete my collection with Pets and Seasons, haha!
  • Options
    MySugaCubeMySugaCube Posts: 57 Member
    edited July 2014
    last time i checked my sims 2 was seperate from my origin account and the games don't show up in 'my games' in origin anyway. checked if i had the email if they had any idea that i did have sims 2 but nada.

Do you think possibly because they aren't connected i won't get the offer? or is this just fake :(
  • Options
    MsPhyMsPhy Posts: 5,055 Member
    edited July 2014
    MySugaCube wrote:
    last time i checked my sims 2 was seperate from my origin account and the games don't show up in 'my games' in origin anyway. checked if i had the email if they had any idea that i did have sims 2 but nada.

Do you think possibly because they aren't connected i won't get the offer? or is this just fake :(

My Sims 2 games don't show up in my Origin "my games" either. Admittedly, I bought most on disk, but there were 5 EPs/Stuff packs I bought digitally. Hmmm. I hadn't thought of it in a long time, but I wonder now how I would go about reinstalling that stuff when I get my new computer.
  • Options
    JaiSeaJaiSea Posts: 909 Member
    edited July 2014
    I didn't get any of my Sims 2 games from Origin, however did get this email about 10 minutes ago. I just checked my Origin account... nothing yet.
    Check out my latest Multiplayer Let's Play! The Off the Grid challenge - single family addition.
    MPOTGthumbnail.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    MySugaCube wrote:

I think you have to have The Sims 2 in your library.

edit: Apparently not!
    Maybe anyone who has TS2 in their library will automatically gain this one on July 22nd? I hope so because it'll complete my collection with Pets and Seasons, haha!

Haha I need two of the SPs.. conveniently the ones not featured!
  • Options
    WilderwolfWilderwolf Posts: 3,406 Member
    edited July 2014
    So what exactly will be in this ultimate collection?
    Sig_zpsrk5fg4ri.gif

• Options
    StoreAccountStoreAccount Posts: 1,504 Member
    edited July 2014
    OMG I hope this means they are releasing all the Sims 2 games back to Origin because I sold all mine and I want them back! :-) I hope they're available to but, too. :-)
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Wilderwolf wrote:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/The-Sims-Ultimate-Collection/lm/RPX5E6WFQPA33

A list of games featured. I think these are all of them.

• Options
    StoreAccountStoreAccount Posts: 1,504 Member
    edited July 2014
    EuanSim wrote:
    Wilderwolf wrote:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/The-Sims-Ultimate-Collection/lm/RPX5E6WFQPA33

A list of games featured. I think these are all of them.
    I think that's just a list someone put together on Amazon, it isn't official in any way. Anyone can put them together. :-)
  • Options
    The_SimScraperThe_SimScraper Posts: 2,083 Member
    edited July 2014
    Wilderwolf wrote:

I believe it includes all expansion packs and stuff packs, man i loved the sims 2!
  • Options
    MySugaCubeMySugaCube Posts: 57 Member
    edited July 2014
    MsPhy wrote:
    MySugaCube wrote:

My Sims 2 games don't show up in my Origin "my games" either. Admittedly, I bought most on disk, but there were 5 EPs/Stuff packs I bought digitally. Hmmm. I hadn't thought of it in a long time, but I wonder now how I would go about reinstalling that stuff when I get my new computer.

I owned quite a few of the expansions (not all, the reason why i am so interested in this) but they were all on disc. I don't think there would be any kind of email attached to it that i have any idea of. Maybe it has something to do with the sims 2 forums? i think i went on there once or twice, can't say if i remember joining though and if so, what email i used. (if does have something to do with it, it is likely i wouldn't be able to get to the email, regardless)
  • Options
    PixelsSquaredPixelsSquared Posts: 3,265 Member
    edited July 2014
    Call me stupid, but does this mean that players who have TS2 in their Origin library will get all of the EPs and SPs for free? :shock: :oops: I'm kind of confused. :P I have Double Deluxe, but it's a physical copy and it doesn't show up in my library, so if that's the case, I'll be extremely unhappy. :?
    ypU37gD.gif
    Pricefield forever.
    Time Won't Keep Us Apart - A story.
    MTS: SimsForever15 | Origin: vba152318 | Paradox: PixelsSquared | Simblr: PixelsSquared
  • Options
    okesterokester Posts: 4,136 Member
    edited July 2014
    I don't have any Sims 2 games on Origin :( But I am happy for the rest of you if the Ultimate Edition does include all the games :D
    Origin ID: Okest3r_13 Check out my Sims 4 creations!
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    I've never heard of this The Sims 2: Ultimate Collection, but maybe they just compiled all the games into one file and put cover art on it and labeled it as a collection? I hope this is true, because I deleted all of my Sims 2 off of my computer maybe a year ago, and I do want to play again, but I hate how long it takes for each game to download.
  • Options
    Clk1143Clk1143 Posts: 1,014 Member
    edited July 2014
    I'm hoping this is something I will be able to get as I don't want my game to become corrupted. I am currently playing sims 2. My sims 2 stuff is also not connected to origin at all.
  • Options
    typicalgeminitypicalgemini Posts: 11,295 Member
    edited July 2014
    I have this email too! If it includes all expansions and stuff packs then I will be really happy, because I sold all my sims 2 games and got some of them as digital downloads but before I could but the rest they stopped selling them! I'm missing 3 expansions and a few stuff packs. It hasn't shown up in my library yet :D
  • Options
    PosterGirlPosterGirl Posts: 641 Member
    edited July 2014
    I'm not a big fan of Origin, but I'm glad they are putting together an Ultimate Collection for TS2. I also like how if you register a physical copy of your game, it puts a digital copy in your library for free.

Unfortunately for me, all my TS2 games are on disc and Origin wasn't offering the digital backups back when I got my games. Otherwise, I would love to have this as an option. I'm afraid my TS2 games will become damaged eventually from ordinary wear and tear.

EDIT: I just checked my email, and I also received this message. I forgot I bought the sims 2 holiday mini pack.
  • Options
    SimsFanatic00SimsFanatic00 Posts: 124 Member
    edited July 2014
    I have 2 expansion packs and 3 stuff packs via Origin and I got the same email.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    PosterGirl wrote:
    I'm not a big fan of Origin, but I'm glad they are putting together an Ultimate Collection for TS2. I also like how if you register a physical copy of your game, it puts a digital copy in your library for free.

Unfortunately for me, all my TS2 games are on disc and Origin wasn't offering the digital backups back when I got my games. Otherwise, I would love to have this as an option. I'm afraid my TS2 games will become damaged eventually from ordinary wear and tear.

I can't remember how exactly, but about a year ago I spoke to someone from customer support and managed to bag a FREE copy of The Sims 2 Double Deluxe! That and Freetime are the only Sims 2 games I have on origin (but I have both as a hard copy too, in case EA shut down origin or something and so I have a game to fall back on).

I'd advice you all the same. Don't rely 100% on Origin for The Sims 2 - at one time or another it won't surprise me if EA remove them.
  • Options
    PosterGirlPosterGirl Posts: 641 Member
    edited July 2014
    EuanSim wrote:
    PosterGirl wrote:

I can't remember how exactly, but about a year ago I spoke to someone from customer support and managed to bag a FREE copy of The Sims 2 Double Deluxe! That and Freetime are the only Sims 2 games I have on origin (but I have both as a hard copy too, in case EA shut down origin or something and so I have a game to fall back on).

I'd advice you all the same. Don't rely 100% on Origin for The Sims 2 - at one time or another it won't surprise me if EA remove them.

You're absolutely right. That is why I always opt for physical copies over digital. I already have my TS2 holiday mini pack on an external hard drive for safe keeping :D