Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Isla Paradiso or Sunlit Tides

I've been in Moonlight Falls ever since it released. I think now with Sims 4 on the way, i should just mod up and play my simself in a new world . I think both of these worlds are beautiful so please give me input on what i should choose , also if you think another please give me an idea :mrgreen:

Comments

• alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,384 Member
    edited July 2014
    Hello TiaBadd,

that is a tricky question :D !

Isla Paradiso, as you may have heard, has some technical problems - it keeps freezing and freezing on most PCs. But you can fix the worst routing issues by moving some families (Scotts, Amigos, Prince, Medina) out of their houseboats/houses on stilts into "safe" empty houses on the main island. Just look through the threads in this forum, you will find a lot of valuable advice. If you manage to make Isla Paradiso playable, it is by far the most beautiful world in the whole game and Island Paradise is a wonderful EP.

Sunlit Tides is also beautiful, has no routing issues and seems to be a perfect substitute for Isla Paradiso at first sight. But that's not true!

When Sunlit Tides was released in 2012 (before the Seasons EP), Sims couldn't even swim in the ocean. The water around the island is too shallow for everything. Even if you're a builder and know how to use cheats to create ports and diving lots (great tutorials on this site and Youtube), you will have to search very carefully for suitable places in this world.

So if you're not interested in the features of Island Paradise and just want to enjoy a tropical beach world, go for Sunlit Tides. If you want to dive or to live on a houseboat, try to fix Isla Paradiso. If this is not possible, try to turn Barnacle Bay into your Island Paradise!
  • skygal333skygal333 Posts: 155 Member
    edited July 2014
    Sunlit Tides and Isle Paradiso? Depends what you're looking for.

Sunlit Tides has a more relaxing atmosphere. You've got houses on the beach, chilling at the spas, very laid-back sort of feel to it. The graphics are gorgeous. I LOVE that place because of how beautiful the island looks.
    Many houses are small, vacation houses but you can make them work. And there are several big houses too. Or build one. Plenty of space!

Isle Paradiso is more lively. You've got activities to do from resort stuff to diving to mermaid hunting.
    Houses range in all sizes from land to sea, big to small, etc. There's lots of space and places to set up your sim's life.
    Game gets a big laggy in that area and its confusing at first but hey, still good.