Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

No Discreet Locations for Cheating Sims?

To kick up the drama, I sometimes have my Sims cheat on their spouses. I eventually want the affairs to be discovered at some point, yet no matter where I have my cheaters meet, another Sim always comes poking around and discovers them. In fact, they seem to go out of their way to catch the cheaters! I would have my cheating Sims in the basement while other Sims are upstairs at the opposite end of the house - they walk right down to the cheaters and catch them. And if they're outside in a remote area, a paparazzi always shows up and snaps pictures! So they're not safe in their own homes, and certainly not safe outside...

What does it take for cheaters to carry on illicit liaisons?

Comments

• Options
    AmiRijoAmiRijo Posts: 677 Member
    edited July 2014
    To kick up the drama, I sometimes have my Sims cheat on their spouses. I eventually want the affairs to be discovered at some point, yet no matter where I have my cheaters meet, another Sim always comes poking around and discovers them. In fact, they seem to go out of their way to catch the cheaters! I would have my cheating Sims in the basement while other Sims are upstairs at the opposite end of the house - they walk right down to the cheaters and catch them. And if they're outside in a remote area, a paparazzi always shows up and snaps pictures! So they're not safe in their own homes, and certainly not safe outside...

What does it take for cheaters to carry on illicit liaisons?

My sim was successfully able to cheat when his partner wasn't home and at work. Downside was that it had to be someone who lived in their house with them so they wouldn't spread rumors. Sims are notoriously good at gossiping to everyone about their latest, for lack of a better word, fling. I have yet to be able to cheat with a townie and not have the spouse find out. Behind closed doors and no windows, you still can stop that townies from opening their big mouths without mods.
    Origin ID: AmiRijo
    I signed http://www.sims2.net/pledge/
    ZfzDIiOeZzDJ6.gif
  • Options
    MinDtriKzMinDtriKz Posts: 5,441 Member
    edited July 2014
    I've been completely unsuccessful at this, so I rely on mods to change the jealousy settings. It would be interesting to know, though- I have even had a child STOP painting and go outside to catch my Sims, and got the Betrayal moodlet or whatever- it was sad on a few levels :(
  • Options
    06Bon0606Bon06 Posts: 11,614 Member
    edited July 2014
    My one sim had about 4 girls at one time :lol: I have no idea why he wasn't caught but he wasn't discreet about it all :mrgreen:
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    06Bon06 wrote:
    My one sim had about 4 girls at one time :lol: I have no idea why he wasn't caught but he wasn't discreet about it all :mrgreen:

:shock:
  • Options
    BosniaFTWBosniaFTW Posts: 1,192 New Member
    edited July 2014
    It seems like other sims on the same lot will always witness your sexual advances, no matter where they are on the lot. I remember I once made my sim get frisky with a married woman in her house while her husband was sleeping in the next room. He automatically woke up, came straight for them, and scolded my sim. (I guess he didn't consider it cheating, as it was only an amorous hug.)

To be safe, only get frisky when no one else is on the lot, or just invite the sims to your house (if you live alone). I was able to have 5 simultaneous relationships this way, :wink:
  • Options
    lovelylisaclovelylisac Posts: 1,291 Member
    edited July 2014
    I had a married male sim try to have an affair once, and gave up for the same reason. He couldn't cheat at his house, because his wife was high up in the business career and hardly ever worked. Also he had 6 kids, so he was like never home alone. And his lady friend had a teenage daughter who never seemed to leave the house, and the woman wouldn't woohoo with the teen at home. So they never did more than kiss.
  • Options
    FluorescentSoapFluorescentSoap Posts: 1,472 Member
    edited July 2014
    I use NRAAS mods for this, you can set the chances of discovery. I do this to spice up my game too
    tumblr_inline_oqdvr8Z3jV1qbd7br_540.gif
    ⌠ Team Holy Hêll ⌡ [Currently playing TS4]
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    I use NRAAS mods for this, you can set the chances of discovery. I do this to spice up my game too

I mentioned earlier that I used mods, but the point is this should be a bit... erm... not easier, just doable. In the case of having children and having the Heartbreaker LTW, it's almost impossible to fulfill without cheating! It would be more fun if, say, a child wouldn't stop an interaction such as painting to go spy on the 'rents. It's avoidable so I'm not complaining- my Sims stay faithful- but the OP brings up a great point about an issue a lot of us have encountered.

• Options
    FluorescentSoapFluorescentSoap Posts: 1,472 Member
    edited July 2014
    MinDtriKz wrote:

I mentioned earlier that I used mods, but the point is this should be a bit... erm... not easier, just doable. In the case of having children and having the Heartbreaker LTW, it's almost impossible to fulfill without cheating! It would be more fun if, say, a child wouldn't stop an interaction such as painting to go spy on the 'rents. It's avoidable so I'm not complaining- my Sims stay faithful- but the OP brings up a great point about an issue a lot of us have encountered.

Oh, I haven't had that issue personally because I haven't tried it on a household with a child but I do get what you mean. They shouldn't be able to tell if a sim is having an affair if they are at the other end of the building it's just stupid. I always get the notification saying sims around town are starting to notice.
    tumblr_inline_oqdvr8Z3jV1qbd7br_540.gif
    ⌠ Team Holy Hêll ⌡ [Currently playing TS4]
  • Options
    Jed_Bartlet_02Jed_Bartlet_02 Posts: 425 Member
    edited July 2014
    Glad I'm not the only one who's Sims can't have discreet liaisons.

In the latest "escapade," I had a jealous witch cast a love spell on a Sim that was already engaged to another. I wanted it to culminate in the jealous Sim challenging the one who stole his fiancée to a duel. (The Proper trait works great for this as they can slap other Sims with a white glove. It's funny to watch also...)

I got the storyline to work by using some of the in-game cheats. In their duel to the death, the "hero" slapped the anti-hero with the glove, and I slid the anti-hero's hunger bar down to zero and he died, as if he had been killed in the duel. But what ruins the drama is the hero then cries when his bitter enemy has been vanquished.

Oh well... can't have everything. Sometimes I tend to overdo it...
  • Options
    Chelseadude182Chelseadude182 Posts: 943 Member
    edited July 2014
    Hello :mrgreen:

Will locking the door help? So that sims cannot walk in on them? :)
  • Options
    ChimarkChimark Posts: 2,166 Member
    edited July 2014
    The Heartbreaker LTW came in the original game, I believe, while the Reputation System came in a later "EP." So I think the Heartbreaker LTW, was much easier till then.

I have had very little success, as the Sims seem to always know when cheating happens. It's like when a kid pranks, 99% of the time, the parent always knows. But you do get some weird things happen. Like one time I had my husband Sim woohoo in the elevator with his gay lover and the wife, just walked past the two getting out and took the elevator up to feed the parrot. She never noticed.

• Options
    edited July 2014

No, because it's more than the Woohoo spot itself (bed, wherever) that is involved in getting noticed. For example, the interaction starts with the kiss, and that is usually not in the same room as the bed or Woohoo location. If I could corral my Sims into separate rooms like cattle, I imagine it would work, I will try to... my house is very small though.
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    edited July 2014
    MinDtriKz wrote:

No, because it's more than the Woohoo spot itself (bed, wherever) that is involved in getting noticed. For example, the interaction starts with the kiss, and that is usually not in the same room as the bed or Woohoo location. If I could corral my Sims into separate rooms like cattle, I imagine it would work, I will try to... my house is very small though.

Would it work if you got yourself and your intended romantic target in the room where the action was going to take place, then set the door to Lock for Everyone but Myself, then unlock it after the deed is done? 8)
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    sarahzsmylsarahzsmyl Posts: 1,307 Member
    edited July 2014
    I once had a Teodor Medina get revenge by getting old man Alto's wife preggers. When he was doing the woohoo, he got out of the theater, hopped on his bike, drove home, woke his new wife up...and accused her of cheating on him. Never mind that he had just gotten done doing the very same thing, and that she hadn't cheated on him since before they were married. Then, for whatever reason, he accused her again 2 days later, and they broke up.
    Origin, Steam, PSN, XBL - FyreFlyeRush

• Options
    PatchouliNittPatchouliNitt Posts: 78 Member
    Does the jealousy thing only work if your sim is the one who is married? I had a sim kiss a married man right in front of paparazzi and a lot of onlookers but I didn't get a notification that someone was spreading rumors about my sim or the man that my sim was kissing that he was being unfaithful (story progression notification).
    39edf25f4f3d48e6b489772a75136841.gif?ssl=1&w=450
    Check out my simlit here: Chronicles of Patchouli's Sims
  • Options
    AnthonydyerAnthonydyer Posts: 1,197 Member
    edited June 2017
    I haven't gotten into cheating until recently. I have a sim who I predetermined would be the cheating type. I made her a romantic interest to two sims (but not steady) and eventually one of the romantic interests named Marc Brant from Twinbrook, got VERY mad and was yelling and freaking out. They were never out in public cheating nor around anyone else. I have never seen a sim that mad... ever! He was mad at that one lady, but best friends with her friend/housemate. Do they really have the right to get jealous if they are only a romantic interest? I understand steady and gf/bf, but not under this scenario.

The other one is Lang Gwydd and he never got mad.

This happened another time and I took all measures to hide the "affair" but the other one still found out but this time I did resetsim before he accused of cheating.
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    Janedersen wrote: »
    After dating this guy for 3years i wanted to know if he truly loves me and if i am the only one in his life so i hire mandax179 @ protonmail . com to hack his phone and create a spyware so he can see what he has been upto lately and to my surprise i got to discover that he has been cheating on me or maybe i am the sidechick.lol well i am using this avenue to thank the hacker for opening my eyes as love is blind
    Ehm..., we're not discussing real life here ;) But good for you! (though sad)

I've always regretted that sims can't cheat secretly. There should be a system where it would really take eye to eye catching the cheaters by other sims to expose them. It would add a good kind of tension and challenge to the game.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    IreneSwiftIreneSwift Posts: 6,247 Member
    One of my previous sims' husband cheated on her very publicly, not with woohoo, but with pretty much every other kind of romantic interaction there is. I even got notifications that other sims were noticing his behavior and he had gotten a cheater reputation. But his wife never found out until he confessed to her.
  • Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    An old thread!

I myself usually have Sims cheat on a different lot. Send them to a community lot if needs be and let them cheat until thier heart's content, or you want the other Sim to be heart broken :open_mouth:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    KATENESSKATENESS Posts: 3,610 Member
    JoAnne65 wrote: »
    After dating this guy for 3years i wanted to know if he truly loves me and if i am the only one in his life so i hire mandax179 @ protonmail . com to hack his phone and create a spyware so he can see what he has been upto lately and to my surprise i got to discover that he has been cheating on me or maybe i am the sidechick.lol well i am using this avenue to thank the hacker for opening my eyes as love is blind

I've always regretted that sims can't cheat secretly. There should be a system where it would really take eye to eye catching the cheaters by other sims to expose them. It would add a good kind of tension and challenge to the game.

@JoAnne65 I think it's spam. I've seen comments like this on facebook and stuff. I'm pretty sure it's a spam-bot or something that just searches the internet to post. Anyway, I reported it. :#
    giphy.gif

• Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    KATENESS wrote: »
    JoAnne65 wrote: »

@JoAnne65 I think it's spam. I've seen comments like this on facebook and stuff. I'm pretty sure it's a spam-bot or something that just searches the internet to post. Anyway, I reported it. :#
    Ah, for that adress probably, I'm so naive :D Good you reported it.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    Another option, not for the spammer sorry, is for your sims to do their cheating in another world with their partner still back home. What happens in (fill in name of foreign world) stays in (fill in name of foreign world). o:)
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • Options
    JennygruesumJennygruesum Posts: 1 New Member
    I find that going to an off the grid lot and woohooing in the bushes waterfall or tent usually works.
  • Options
    igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited September 2019
    @Jennygruesum - Sounds like you are playing TS4 there. Unless you have some very interesting mods, those activities are not possible (except for the tent) in TS3 which is the section of the forum this thread from years ago is on. :)
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top