Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

ENOUGH EA!!!!!!

so i read EA's blog about why they didnt include pools and toddlers, one of the most basic features in the past sims games. heres the link to it: http://www.thesims.com/news/whats-out-and-whats-in?utm_campaign=sims4-social-global-maxis-fb-blog-ts4-fb-in-out-prev-site&utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social&sourceid=sims4-social-global-maxis-fb-blog-ts4-fb-in-out-prev-site&cid=23112&ts=1404869657232&sf28227138=1

The blog has absolutely no reasonable explanation for not including pools and toddlers. I think it is quite obvious they're just "trading off" these very essential features just to trade it back in, in a future $40 ******** seasons or pets or university expansion pack. How exactly does new technology and AI not allow them to code a swimming pool like they have done in the past sims games and create just a few more recorded animations for swimming sims? I promise you all by my life that EA are gonna use swimming pools as their main selling point for a stupid $40 expansion pack in the future. Toddlers, i'm really not sure why they removed it( maybe they're making the baby life stage much more complex and useful) but i dont think toddlers are ever making a return in this sims 4.

Well i cant wait to see what other features they took out and just how limited the wardrobe is. Probably 8 different hairstyles and 15 different outfits. I really hope the AI is really as great as EA says it is, that is one feature that ive wanted so bad after playing the sims 3. the sims 2 AI was far better and smarter than the sims 3 if any of you can remember.

Comments

• Options
    PsychYourMind08PsychYourMind08 Posts: 3,464 Member
    edited July 2014
    I think toddlers will make a return, personally. But it will be in a generations or kid-themed type EP where they will get everything they already had in the base and some expansions for TS2+3, and then EA will call it a day for toddlers and never expand them again because "they won't be compatible with other EP content". This will be their excuse for not expanding on them, if ever they are included.
    Since they hardly did much in the way of toddlers for Sims 3.

I'm still wondering why they are calling this Sims "4", 4 implying there was a third at some point. They stripped the game of pretty much everything that the Sims 3 added. It was like Sims 3 never existed at all. Which is a pity, because story prog and an open world would be fantastic had they actually tried o fix them and give us quality as opposed to giving up and scrapping it all together.

• Options
    JULES1111JULES1111 Posts: 4,489 Member
    edited July 2014
    Yup, it was a lame "excuse" they put out just so they could talk about CAS, emotions and other crap. :evil:
  • Options
    ArkaneArkane Posts: 20,224 Member
    edited July 2014
    I have to admit among all this chaos some gamers have typed up some gems. A user on IGN wrote this up. Pretty humorous.

LEAKED SIMS 4 EXPANSION PACKS!!!

"Sims 4: Pool Party Expansion Pack.

The summer is here and it's time to do something about the heat. Nobody wants to stay indoors, so give your Sims something to do by adding a pool to your house!

The Pool Party Expansion Pack brings an all-new way to sculpt your ideal swimming pool for your Sims, from differentiating a shallow and deep end to adding options to customize your pool such as a diving board, a kids slide, or romantic lighting settings for those late night pool dips.

When the parents are away, that's the time to play! Your teenagers can be the talk of the town by hosting the biggest, most entertaining pool parties your town has ever seen! Watch their popularity skyrocket with their high school friends.

Your summer is about to get a whole lot more wet!

Release Date: Summer 2015

Regular Edition: $39.99

Limited Online Edition: $49.99

Limited Online Edition Bonus: Add a whole slew of new, exciting pool accessories to give your Sims more to do! Add a basketball net to the side of the pool so your Sims can enjoy a healthy, competitive game of basketball, add rafts and noodles for parents and kids alike to enjoy, or add the new Diving Board 300 to your pool, giving your Sims the ultimate dare devil experience by having them climb and dive from 300 feet!

There's only one way to enjoy a summer for your Sims, and that's in the backyard in your new pool!"

"Sims 4: Family Life Expansion Pack. Ever wanted to have that Christmas card perfect family? Now you can! With the all-new revolutionized character models, you'll be able to have the toddler of your dreams with your partner! Change their diapers, buy them clothes, and watch them grow like never before.

Toddlers are now capable of doing more. They can learn to walk on their own by grabbing onto the sides of furniture and using it as support. They can learn to talk on their own by having a stuffed animal, like a teddy bear, be their best friend.

See the progression of your toddler grow wildly before your eyes!

Release Date: October 7th, 2014.

$39.99 Standard Edition

$49.99 Limited Online Edition

Limited Online Edition Bonus: Who said diapers had to be boring and plain? Now you can customize your toddler with brand new diapers!

Raising a superstar athlete? Why not have them wear a diaper to support the Llama's!

Or how about a police officer? Well, put a badge on that diaper and you're toddler is on their way already!

Limited quantities. While supplies last."
    Potential Is Everything

Origin ID: BadArkane

XYeo1vn.png
  • Options
    JULES1111JULES1111 Posts: 4,489 Member
    edited July 2014
    I have to admit among all this chaos some gamers have typed up some gems. A user on IGN wrote this up. Pretty humorous.

LEAKED SIMS 4 EXPANSION PACKS!!!

"Sims 4: Pool Party Expansion Pack.

The summer is here and it's time to do something about the heat. Nobody wants to stay indoors, so give your Sims something to do by adding a pool to your house!

The Pool Party Expansion Pack brings an all-new way to sculpt your ideal swimming pool for your Sims, from differentiating a shallow and deep end to adding options to customize your pool such as a diving board, a kids slide, or romantic lighting settings for those late night pool dips.

When the parents are away, that's the time to play! Your teenagers can be the talk of the town by hosting the biggest, most entertaining pool parties your town has ever seen! Watch their popularity skyrocket with their high school friends.

Your summer is about to get a whole lot more wet!

Release Date: Summer 2015

Regular Edition: $39.99

Limited Online Edition: $49.99

Limited Online Edition Bonus: Add a whole slew of new, exciting pool accessories to give your Sims more to do! Add a basketball net to the side of the pool so your Sims can enjoy a healthy, competitive game of basketball, add rafts and noodles for parents and kids alike to enjoy, or add the new Diving Board 300 to your pool, giving your Sims the ultimate dare devil experience by having them climb and dive from 300 feet!

There's only one way to enjoy a summer for your Sims, and that's in the backyard in your new pool!"

"Sims 4: Family Life Expansion Pack. Ever wanted to have that Christmas card perfect family? Now you can! With the all-new revolutionized character models, you'll be able to have the toddler of your dreams with your partner! Change their diapers, buy them clothes, and watch them grow like never before.

Toddlers are now capable of doing more. They can learn to walk on their own by grabbing onto the sides of furniture and using it as support. They can learn to talk on their own by having a stuffed animal, like a teddy bear, be their best friend.

See the progression of your toddler grow wildly before your eyes!

Release Date: October 7th, 2014.

$39.99 Standard Edition

$49.99 Limited Online Edition

Limited Online Edition Bonus: Who said diapers had to be boring and plain? Now you can customize your toddler with brand new diapers!

Raising a superstar athlete? Why not have them wear a diaper to support the Llama's!

Or how about a police officer? Well, put a badge on that diaper and you're toddler is on their way already!

Limited quantities. While supplies last." LOL :lol: glad to see not everyone is getting sucked into this CAS crap.