Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Lack of CASt doesn't bother me as much after trying the demo!

Yes, I was chosen for the TS4 demo! Woo! You cant believe it? I cant believe it either, I never win anything! :D

But yes, I did win this trial and after creating a Sim, I realized that the lack of Create a Style doesn't bother me as much anymore. For many clothing pieces there are plenty of options of colors to choose from, much more than the three pre-set colors that was in TS3. Sometimes one clothing piece can have anywhere from 3 different color choices to around 10-ishhhhh

However, this isn't to say I completely forgot about how wonderful the option to make your colors was. For my male Sims, their formal wear will always consist of a baby-blue suit with a bow-tie 'cause that's just my thing. Yes, they have a baby-blue option pre-set once again in TS4. However, I always liked to have my shoes match the suit, and would always use CASt on them to make them the same color... Its not tacky! But alas, I soon found out that there was no baby-blue option for the shoes unfortunately. This of course, bothered me as I was stuck with a baby-blue suit and pure white shoes. However, I put that behind me and once again went on to the next outfit trying to stuff the idea of CASt in the chest at the back of my mind.

So the moral of the story is, although we will all miss the wonderful CASt, just give it a chance and check out the demo for yourself if you were lucky enough or watch a quick video on YouTube. You might find some styles you like, some you won't but that's to be expected, as with anything.

And yes, if anyone would like to download this Sim of mine and look at him for yourself in the demo, I have uploaded him to the gallery :-)
grumpy-cat-lick.gif

Comments

• MoonbarkerMoonbarker Posts: 1,281 Member
    edited July 2014
    I guess but I know I'm gonna go crazy without a color wheel :?
  • FelicityFelicity Posts: 4,979 Member
    edited July 2014
    One thing I will say -- CAS is fast. Now, I don't know if it will stay that way once they start adding more outfits and such, but it was nice not having the insane load times.

But I do already miss CASt.
  • ceyricceyric Posts: 1,584 Member
    edited July 2014
    First, I'm insanely jealous, you're so lucky!

Second, hopefully it won't bother me either!
    keep on keepin' on
  • pguidapguida Posts: 7,481 Member
    edited July 2014
    I have been over CASt for a while. I await for your post on how this demo will make me forget we are back to a closed world, that all life stages are basically either children or the adult mash-up, how they had no time for BETA or how the goffy walk styles were something they decided to trade off for toddlers.

Most tools added after TS1 are gone. I'm not sure an amazinging, incredible CASmakes up for all that. I feel I only use CAS once every six months. Oh, wait. We have NO STORY PROGRESSION. I guess I'll need it more...
  • mcmuffinburgermcmuffinburger Posts: 1,547 Member
    edited July 2014
    I was never a fan of cast but i think maybe a simple color wheel would work well you know? Not the whole shebang i dont need 50 different carpet textures but it would be nice to change my shoes from res to purple or something
  • InannaWintermoonInannaWintermoon Posts: 3,400 Member
    edited July 2014
    From what I have seen on a youtube video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZpC8ciC_gEA
    That the colors as far as clothes go and I could see were limited. So a color wheel at least would have been useful. Two the look of females with the mascara is a tad much. Eye glasses bleed into hair. When hats are on heads tops of ears peek out of hair, appears to be a glitch if its not it is less then appealing. Hair sure there are styles but it still looks eh to me. My opinions mind you. One thing that I have seen is a lake of being able to layer jackets over shirts you pick. That could be a good idea for folks into layering. Just my thoughts on what I have seen so far. Otherwise I can say the sims look great so far. Still doesn't mean I am buying.
    It's quite drop from the top, so how ya feeling down there?
  • ModseyModsey Posts: 1,468 Member
    edited July 2014
    While this is good news for Create-a-Sim, I wonder how the lack of CASt will affect our build mode experiences
  • deltagirl1326deltagirl1326 Posts: 468 Member
    edited July 2014
    The fact that you had to settle for WHITE shoes makes the case for those upset about no CASt!!! As I've said so many times, EA clothing "designers" have absolutely NO taste! I spend a lot of time changing patterns and colors on everything before I even begin to play.

I never understood why they spent so much time creating 🐸🐸🐸🐸, streetwalker clothes for females when NO man dressed in skinny jeans, a v-neck down to the navel and a scarf around his neck would even be interested! :P

Paraphrasing my favorite thing Katie Curic ever said YEARS ago!:

"Coming up, (name) will be here from (name) magazine to let us know if we should
    wear white shoes before Easter, or after Labor Day.......or EVER."

Hilarious! And so true! (HINT: the answer is never)
  • TheMomminatorTheMomminator Posts: 4,215 Member
    edited July 2014
    I still missed it. I didn't quite like any of the skin tones. The clothes colors are very limited. I wanted to put highlights in her hair but I can't.

It's very "You get what you get and you don't throw a fit."
  • Jessa_DakkarJessa_Dakkar Posts: 9,737 Member
    edited July 2014
    I have found that I miss CASt quite a lot while creating in the CAS Demo.

I thought that with the removal of CASt, that the team would keep that in mind when choosing the colors for the separates. From what I can tell, those who worked on the tops never consulted with those who worked on the bottoms. There is very little to coordinate with something else. It is a lot harder than I expected it would be.

I thought they would make it easier to put together an outfit, considering. But, no. I do miss it, a lot. I've never been much of a sim creator, and if I am missing it this much now - I wonder how much I am going to miss it in the area that really matters to me. Building.
  • shaposh2012shaposh2012 Posts: 760 Member
    edited July 2014
    Modsey wrote:
    While this is good news for Create-a-Sim, I wonder how the lack of CASt will affect our build mode experiences

Yeah. I'm actually more worried about it there than for our sims. So many furniture items look plastic or have ugly patterns and I like to make my sims' home look different than other sims' homes.
  • deltagirl1326deltagirl1326 Posts: 468 Member
    edited July 2014
    I'm wondering now is this is why the new world was broken up into 5 separate neighborhoods, with only 5 lots in each. They don't have enough outfit or furniture options and we would have been playing in Stepford Town! Too many chances for Sims to be dressed alike, have the same homes, etc.

I know there are those who think a lot of us are crying about "pools and toddlers." But the bottom line EA is that you've taken away all of our options for creativity. THAT's what the outrage is about! Was giving our sims emotional faces and a jaunty walk really worth the outpouring of anger that's been coming your way? Saw the latest sales projections. I'm guessing, not.
  • agough111agough111 Posts: 201 Member
    edited July 2014
    I was rather irritated over CASt being removed from build mode and CAS, but I've lately gotten back into TS2 and found that it doesn't bother me as much as I thought. I was almost always satisfied with one of the options and I generally could match a basic cami or tee with a jeans/black sneakers bottoms duo. Although, I'm not sure how I'll feel about TS4, considering that I've heard nothing works well with each other.

*shrug* One can only hope Sims 4 has better style (I don't have the demo so I don't know).
  • XxAirixXXxAirixX Posts: 2,567 Member
    edited July 2014
    Not having CASt never bothered me anyway. The only thing I cared about was the color wheel to adjust the color of outfits for certain characters and OCs, but they never had the proper outfits anyway and I never learned how to make custom content and not sure they will have a body shop (though I am really hoping), I either way, I will find ways to work around it.

I do like the idea of having many options and how much faster it will be to get in and out of CAS. I want to play the game and spend too much time setting up.

Deltagirl-I highly doubt it as the townies often looked the same before unless you edited it them. Probably to make it easier to load and have less lagging.
  • KatzMeowzKatzMeowz Posts: 894 Member
    edited July 2014
    I have found that I miss CASt quite a lot while creating in the CAS Demo.

I thought that with the removal of CASt, that the team would keep that in mind when choosing the colors for the separates. From what I can tell, those who worked on the tops never consulted with those who worked on the bottoms. There is very little to coordinate with something else. It is a lot harder than I expected it would be.

I thought they would make it easier to put together an outfit, considering. But, no. I do miss it, a lot. I've never been much of a sim creator, and if I am missing it this much now - I wonder how much I am going to miss it in the area that really matters to me. Building.

Yeah, the top and bottom will both have a blue color, but it won't match. That drives me a bit batty.
  • windweaverwindweaver Posts: 7,375 Member
    edited July 2014
    I think for those of us who were completely in love with CASt, we will just have to learn how to make cc recolors. I don't see what else we can do.

I hope it's not too hard :oops:
    My Origin Name is: Cynconzola8
  • Andromache2013Andromache2013 Posts: 277 Member
    edited July 2014
    Yep, the shoe colours are remarkably irritating. The perfect style shoes don't match with that perfect dress, so you really do have to think a bit.

I must say though, that for those first few sims (I did get an invite, if you're wondering) CASt completely disappeared from my thoughts, but after a while, it gets a little frustrating. Even a plain and simple colour wheel (that really cannot be that hard to implement) would be nice. I could live without my sims wearing supposedly "leather" shoes, but to alter the colour, would be fantastic.

CAS really is quite incredible though, it certainly changed my view on the Sims 4. From being extremely skeptical of all the "Look how amazing CAS is going to be" videos to just skeptical, is quite a big jump in my books.

Here was one of the Sims I created - I based her on Nancy Landgraab (yes, she's not that great):

nancylangraab_zps71c168d5.png
  • mikmakermikmaker Posts: 2,145 Member
    edited July 2014
    Cast does not bother me from the very beginning, because I always choose the wrong colour and print. :lol:
  • CK213CK213 Posts: 20,528 Member
    edited July 2014
    It's bothering me. :P
    I already see Items that I want to use together, but don't match because of colors or patterns. There are also items that I wish were another color, or has different saturation or value levels.

It will really start to show as EA adds EPs and Store content.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Nik24X7Nik24X7 Posts: 7,865 Member
    edited July 2014
    The lack of CASt with the eyeglasses that Andre is wearing bother me a lot. I want to recolor them so badly, but no. There are only four color choices and not one of them is tortoiseshell. Bummer.
    Origin ID: nik24x7
  • PosterGirlPosterGirl Posts: 641 Member
    edited July 2014
    As others have already pointed out, the lack of CASt will aggravate some people. In TS2, I had a habit of not using certain furniture because it didn't match up or go with the theme in a certain room.

I hope they reconsider and at least add an external tool to make recoloring accessible.
  • IcySlashIcySlash Posts: 1,070 Member
    edited July 2014
    I don't have the Demo, but from what i've seen, CASt is still needed. Every clothing options has a small selection of customization and not all them share the same colors. It's basically not what you want to wear but what you have to wear instead. At the very least, a Color Wheel would be more than enough considering CASt will never be added in the game.
  • DarklingDarkling Posts: 6,327 Member
    edited July 2014
    I've been playing with the demo for a week and have found that I miss CASt more and more as time goes by.

While some assets do have 10 or more pre-sets, several have as few as two to four. Coordinating tops, bottoms and shoes is also problematic because many times the things you want to put together don't match--close but no cigar. Even while just making test sims I found myself gravitating towards the same pieces over and over again. I'm hoping that EA is holding out because this is just a demo and will be adding more pre-sets before release.
    14785081519_9e388018bc_o.jpg
  • ebuchalaebuchala Posts: 4,945 Member
    edited July 2014
    I was never a fan of cast but i think maybe a simple color wheel would work well you know? Not the whole shebang i dont need 50 different carpet textures but it would be nice to change my shoes from res to purple or something

I loved CASt but I'd be happy with a color wheel AND the ability to control opacity and saturation.
    Origin ID: ebuchala
    I'm not a psychopath. I'm a high-functioning psychopath. Reaper
  • Tiki5872Tiki5872 Posts: 3,115 Member
    edited July 2014
    I received the demo and have played it off and on since receiving it last week. I miss CASt immensly, along with the make-up opacity slider! :cry:
    NewBanner.jpg
    Origin ID: Tiki5872