Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Help? I can't load my saved game!

My saved game won't load. There's no picture coming up for my family even just this:

argh.jpg

Everytime I click on the tick nothing happens! I really want my sims back, is there any way?

My computer has all the specs and more! :?

Comments

• ExtrathicksexybExtrathicksexyb Posts: 30 Member
    edited December 2009
    I am having the same problem, and this done happen twice to my saved games. I read on one site that there is not way to get them back unless EA has a way of solving it. Does it say serious error has occur please reset application? If it do there is no hope i hate to say this but you are going to have to delete the saved game and start the sims in that town all over again. The sad thing is that one of my most prasied sim Darwin was lost <tears>. He had 11 childern and had mastered all of the skills. They funny thing is that it would load find until the last patch was installed automately and i add the EP .....I wish that they could find a was to solve this problem, because it really sucks to have completed and watched yur sims grow and to lose them....
  • Regen20Regen20 Posts: 291 New Member
    edited December 2009
    I know! It ticks me off. I had a family I started playing when I first got the game back in June, and Poof! All gone.

If you hover your mouse over the box, it says "Unable to Load saved game. The game was probably saved under an expansion pack that is no longer installed on this computer" - which makes no sence.
  • ExtrathicksexybExtrathicksexyb Posts: 30 Member
    edited December 2009
    That is so true. It keep say that over and over agian but everything is install right and nothing has been deleted. EA needs to fix this problem or take there time with the patches and other EPs and make sure that they dont have these types of problems in the future. Because for darn near 50 buck for WA and 80 for the CE TS3 I want my moneys worth and right now i not seeing the results that i wont to see because of the errors, bugs, glitches, and over bs. I love the game with all my gaming heart, but there i thin line between loving it and hating it because of the errors and stuff. All these error got me so scared to place the game becuase i might not can save or reload a prefect sim.
  • MandiAnniMandiAnni Posts: 4 New Member
    edited December 2009
    I'm having the exact same problem. I just uploaded the latest patch a few minutes ago and went to play my game and it was saying 'cannot load this save game. it may have been saved with an expansion pack that is no longer present on this system.'

I agree that this does not make sense as I don't even own the expansion pack yet, or have any custom content on my game or even things downloaded from the website or store because I have had so many problems getting them to download.

I'm so disappointed that I can't play that save that I don't even feel like playing right now. Hope they fix this or I am going to stop putting the patches on my computer. I wasn't having any issues with the game before. (downloading issues don't count as game play worked fine)
  • PinkTweedy60PinkTweedy60 Posts: 4 New Member
    edited December 2009
    I'm having this exact problem, no-one seems to have an answer. It's driving me nuts, lost loads of families. It's bad enough when a game crashes repeatedly but it's not so bad if you can go back to it, but NOT NOW!!

I'm feeling like throwing the game through the window. Someone please HEEEEELP!!!!
  • GenTheHen4GenTheHen4 Posts: 30 New Member
    edited December 2009
    ME TOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AGHHHHHHH
    *STARTS PULLING OUT HER HAIR*
  • maria_loves_alexmaria_loves_alex Posts: 9,054 Member
    edited December 2009
    just go to your saved games folder in my computer: my documents: electronic arts etc. and back up the saved games folder to desktop (in case of emergency) then delete all the folders but the .backup then remove the .backup file name extension so that the file is now called (saved game name).sims3

After doing this and you enter the sims, the game will create a new back up
    My Page: http://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/maria_loves_alex

Follow me on the Sims 4 Gallery - ID 'MariannaSims'
  • ChironChiron Posts: 52 New Member
    edited December 2009
    Regen20 wrote:
    I know! It ticks me off. I had a family I started playing when I first got the game back in June, and Poof! All gone.

If you hover your mouse over the box, it says "Unable to Load saved game. The game was probably saved under an expansion pack that is no longer installed on this computer" - which makes no sence.

This is EXACTLY what happened to me. This is my only family too which is unbelievably frustrating. The family file is in the Saves folder and I've tried various suggestions, like deleting the backup file (after copying to desktop, of course) and even tried moving the 'save' file to another folder that says 'current game' but nothing works. I'm feeling desperation here! :-(

The file IS there in the 'saves' folder so there could be a way to retrieve it if EA's tech staff could offer up a clue.

Wah!
    edited December 2009
    just go to your saved games folder in my computer: my documents: electronic arts etc. and back up the saved games folder to desktop (in case of emergency) then delete all the folders but the .backup then remove the .backup file name extension so that the file is now called (saved game name).sims3

After doing this and you enter the sims, the game will create a new back up

I tried this and it has no effect. I removed the original and kept the backup file, renaming it to match the original and nothing.

The only changes I've made are that I downloaded one house from the exchange and did the game update. No CC or any other modifications.

Now there are two new families showing up as saved games and my originals are gone with the message listed above (unable to load saved game...).

If anyone else manages another fix that works, I'd love to hear it!!

edited December 2009
    Still hoping for an answer to this. My original post disappeared so I'm going to try and bump this in hopes there will be a solution offered that works.
  • goatster96goatster96 Posts: 148 Member
    edited December 2009
    This has happened to me... four or five times. I've lost some of my most beloved sims and I am afraid to play one game of mine in particular because I believe it will crash too. :(
    edited December 2009
    I don't know if this will help anything BUT the 'unable to load saved game' message. My game wasn't crashing or anything so this solution is simply for those whose saved games disappeared and were unable to load.

Here's the post!

http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/0/140702.page#1681892

Good luck! :thumbup:
  • Haileymeasheaw7Haileymeasheaw7 Posts: 2 New Member
    Hey make sure when before you press the button to play you go to the section the says expansion and stuff and click the ones you have your games saved with. I was experiencing the same problem you all are and figured out that was my problem. Might not be yours but hopefully this might help someone.
  • igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited January 2021
    @Haileymeasheaw7 - That's good advice for players on Patch 1.69/Origin controlled games today. But this thread is from 11-12 years ago when TS3 was brand new and we didn't have anything like Origin or the Expansions and Stuff panel back then. I'm pretty sure these players have all solved their issues or moved on since then. :)
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • Haileymeasheaw7Haileymeasheaw7 Posts: 2 New Member
    @igazor oh most definitely I agree.