Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

On which surfaces can the new jam/preserve jars rest??

Comments

• SagaSaga Posts: 48 Member
    edited July 2014
    Thank you so much, Lanlyn, for the hint with Lisen's store racks. This is really very, very helpful for me, because I also tested several possibilities to store these jars somewhere and I found no satisfactory solution. But this big store rack is wonderful!
  • michellehilbrandmichellehilbrand Posts: 2,331 Member
    edited July 2014
    I made a walk-in pantry in my house and put the bakery rack in it.
  • ScrapdashScrapdash Posts: 1,233 Member
    edited July 2014
    Thanks Lanlyn for that link to the cc shelving! Will head straight over there for those.
    It's really disappointing that the jams only go on the bakery rack, I've tried various types of shelving we have in the game and couldn't believe none of them worked. Especially as the detail of the jars themselves is quite good, preserved apple looks like chopped up apple while blueberry jam is the right colour etc. No point in that though if we can't display the jars!
  • KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,908 Member
    edited July 2014
    I made a walk-in pantry in my house and put the bakery rack in it.

That seems to be an excellent idea. I might try it too. :D
  • lanlynlanlyn Posts: 5,008 Member
    edited July 2014
    You're welcome, Saga and Scrapdash. I was just happy to find something I had that worked. I've used these racks for a couple of years now and have had no issues with them. I like to display gem stones in them. I don't use a lot of CC (I'm pretty careful), but I do have some storage and display choices since the game is limited in these.

Using coffee tables, my only other real choice for the jars, is not ideal. They take up too much room and don't fit well with kitchen furniture.

At some point, I'll probably try to get the bakery, but catching the DD sales on that is crazy! Not too long ago, I got the Bistro instead when I was trying to decide between the two. Then I just had to have the Old Mill set, so the bakery will just have to wait!

I'm curious: how many jars does the bakery shelf hold?
  • BakingNerdBakingNerd Posts: 3,932 Member
    edited July 2014
    Are the Jams/Preserves saleable to anyone on the bakery racks? I have them stored there for the shop I am trying to make but I can't seem to get to be able to sell them. My apologies if this has been asked elsewhere and I haven't seen it.

I am going to go and see if I can find another surfaces they might want to sit on but it's great that the coffee tables are at least an option.
  • Katty0Katty0 Posts: 3,907 Member
    edited July 2014
    Those shelves are going to be my first official CC!!!
  • dizzydeedizzydee Posts: 1,269 Member
    edited July 2014
    BakingNerd wrote:
    Are the Jams/Preserves saleable to anyone on the bakery racks? I have them stored there for the shop I am trying to make but I can't seem to get to be able to sell them. My apologies if this has been asked elsewhere and I haven't seen it.

I am going to go and see if I can find another surfaces they might want to sit on but it's great that the coffee tables are at least an option.

I put them on the racks in my sim owed bakery, but sim just take them without paying. They do add a nice look to the shop, tho. And sims who are well fed and happy are much more likely to buy the other baked goods.
    edited July 2014
    dizzydee wrote:
    I put them on the racks in my sim owed bakery, but sim just take them without paying. They do add a nice look to the shop, tho. And sims who are well fed and happy are much more likely to buy the other baked goods.

That's a great way to look at it, I have the racks with Jams on in the tea room part of my build, with a kitchen for jam making. I suppose it at least means sims can have some scones and jam with their tea or have a go at jam making themselves :)

In regards to finding places the jam/preserve jars will sit I've just looked and they do go on the long side tables from supernatural. I was able to MOO them into the counter near to the front and my sim could access them. The jars do look a little smaller but not too bad. I raised the table by 0.03 with debug enabler and my sim could still access them. Here's how it looked. Not perfect but it's an option for displaying a few jars. Not sure how many slots, I got 3 on half the table I think.
    Screenshot-20_zps7c0511d9.jpg"width=640"
    edited July 2014
    BakingNerd wrote:
    In regards to finding places the jam/preserve jars will sit I've just looked and they do go on the long side tables from supernatural. I was able to MOO them into the counter near to the front and my sim could access them. The jars do look a little smaller but not too bad. I raised the table by 0.03 with debug enabler and my sim could still access them. Here's how it looked. Not perfect but it's an option for displaying a few jars. Not sure how many slots, I got 3 on half the table I think.
    Screenshot-20_zps7c0511d9.jpg"width=640"
    This looks very nice! And it's good to know the jars are still accessible. I've never tried DebugEnabler to raise objects, but I do have it installed.

Let me make sure I understand: you used NRAAS DebugEnabler to raise the side table; then used MOO to put the table inside a counter? I have SN, but I'll need to look to see what side tables you mean. Not sure. Wonder if I could raise coffee tables the same way?
    edited July 2014
    lanlyn wrote:
    This looks very nice! And it's good to know the jars are still accessible. I've never tried DebugEnabler to raise objects, but I do have it installed.

Let me make sure I understand: you used NRAAS DebugEnabler to raise the side table; then used MOO to put the table inside a counter? I have SN, but I'll need to look to see what side tables you mean. Not sure. Wonder if I could raise coffee tables the same way?

Sorry, it was a difficult one to try to describe, this is the table I meant, it is just a little higher than the usual end tables.
    1955117_orig.jpg"width=300"

With the way DebugEnabler works I first placed the jam on the side table, then MOOed it into place where I thought it looked OK in the counter (no parts of the end table sticking out e.t.c.). Then I had to move out the counter so I could have the side table able to click on. Then I went into live mode and raised the side table by 0.03. Then I went back into buy mode and slotted the counter back into place. Sorry if I have explained that badly, Joolster has a really good post here explaining it all more eloquently than I can :)
    edited July 2014
    BakingNerd, are you updating Three Cupcakes? :D Or working on something new? :D:D:mrgreen:

And thanks for the link to Jools. :thumbup:
    edited July 2014
    dizzydee wrote:
    BakingNerd, are you updating Three Cupcakes? :D Or working on something new? :D:D:mrgreen:

Something new, if my computer can handle it I'm working on making Old Town Quarter from Sims 1 Unleashed. I posted a memory of how it is going if you are interested in how it looks so far :)

And lanlyn, sorry I missed it before, it might work with the coffee table, would just depend on how it works with routing and might require a bit of trial and error.
    edited July 2014
    BakingNerd wrote:
    dizzydee wrote:

Something new, if my computer can handle it I'm working on making Old Town Quarter from Sims 1 Unleashed. I posted a memory of how it is going if you are interested in how it looks so far :)

Yes. Thank you. :) I'd forgotten about Old Town.
    edited July 2014
    @BakingNerd: Thanks for the detailed explanation! :-)

I've never noticed that end table before--I don't think. It does look nice. I have so much game stuff I'm still discovering! :lol:

The link to Jool's simming page is great! It shows a coffee table marked at .5, which is half the height of a counter. The reason I asked about the coffee tables is that I think they would hold more jars than an end table.

Well, now I have to play around with MOO and DebugEnabler. It's fun just to experiment!
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    edited July 2014
    My first effort with raising an object with DebugEnabler! What I did was use a regular size coffee table following BakingNerd's directions and those on Jool's simming page. I raised the table a little higher than the counter so that the jars were easily accessed and there wouldn't be any graphic glitches. (NRaas->DebugEnabler->Move->Delta->.51)

[img]https://🐸🐸🐸🐸.googleusercontent.com/-BsJ8uDVac2g/U8CbSze6lBI/AAAAAAAABwY/yzp2r39Vwd4/s640/RiddleCanning%2520%25283%2529.jpg[/img]

There are 17 jars here, plus the two flower decor. You might be able to place one or two more jars, but they'd be sitting on the counter top surface rather than the coffee table. The two flower decor here are actually sitting on counter top spaces.
    [img]https://🐸🐸🐸🐸.googleusercontent.com/-dq9Kwh_VDJQ/U8CfArNPW-I/AAAAAAAABwk/l5HCQB_tOUg/s640/RiddleCanning%2520%25284%2529.jpg[/img]

You can keep the counter and coffee table flush (.5), but would need to match the surface textures carefully. Also, there is a clear glass coffee table that looks interesting on the counter tops. There are oval shaped tables too that would look neat with a place mat style.

Edit: They bleeped the word v.a.s.e.s! So I changed it to decor. :(
  • Tiki5872Tiki5872 Posts: 3,115 Member
    edited July 2014
    lanlyn wrote:
    My first effort with raising an object with DebugEnabler! What I did was use a regular size coffee table following BakingNerd's directions and those on Jool's simming page. I raised the table a little higher than the counter so that the jars were easily accessed and there wouldn't be any graphic glitches. (NRaas->DebugEnabler->Move->Delta->.51)

[img]https://🐸🐸🐸🐸.googleusercontent.com/-BsJ8uDVac2g/U8CbSze6lBI/AAAAAAAABwY/yzp2r39Vwd4/s640/RiddleCanning%2520%25283%2529.jpg[/img]

There are 17 jars here, plus the two flower decor. You might be able to place one or two more jars, but they'd be sitting on the counter top surface rather than the coffee table. The two flower decor here are actually sitting on counter top spaces.
    [img]https://🐸🐸🐸🐸.googleusercontent.com/-dq9Kwh_VDJQ/U8CfArNPW-I/AAAAAAAABwk/l5HCQB_tOUg/s640/RiddleCanning%2520%25284%2529.jpg[/img]

You can keep the counter and coffee table flush (.5), but would need to match the surface textures carefully. Also, there is a clear glass coffee table that looks interesting on the counter tops. There are oval shaped tables too that would look neat with a place mat style.

lanlyn, this is very intresting to learn! Thank you very much this info will come in handy! :thumbup: Looks awesome to boot!! :mrgreen:
    NewBanner.jpg
    Origin ID: Tiki5872
    edited July 2014
    lanlyn that looks great :)
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,518 Member
    edited July 2014
    lanlyn wrote:

That looks fantastic! And I love the way you have made it look like they are on a cloth :thumbup:

I am a bit of a noob when it comes to cheats - do you have to use the Nraas mod to do this or is there an in-game way to do it?
    edited July 2014
    I am a bit of a noob when it comes to cheats - do you have to use the Nraas mod to do this or is there an in-game way to do it?
    Yes, I had to use the moveobjects on cheat coupled with nraas debugenabler. It was a bit of a process! See earlier posts in this thread for more info and a link that goes into detail.

And thank you guys for the feedback. I couldn't match the two surface textures as nicely as BakingNerd did, so I just made a separate cloth mat effect. :lol:
    edited July 2014
    Also, there is Decorator's Best Friend found at Virtual Artisan

http://virtualartisan.blogspot.com/2013/01/decorators-best-friend.html

It is really easy to use.
    NewBanner.jpg
  • anettesbanettesb Posts: 39,168 Member
    edited July 2014
    lanlyn wrote:

can you still palce the yars there doing the time you play? or do you have to go into buy mod to put them there...
    🌺 streaming at https://www.twitch.tv/lady_anette 🌻come join the Sylvan legacy, and help control their life. 🌳
  • anettesbanettesb Posts: 39,168 Member
    edited July 2014
    Tiki5872 wrote:

dosn't this mod require the downloade to have the mod?

it is smart though... and if you don't uploade then not a big probelm
    🌺 streaming at https://www.twitch.tv/lady_anette 🌻come join the Sylvan legacy, and help control their life. 🌳
    edited July 2014
    anettesb wrote:
    Tiki5872 wrote:

dosn't this mod require the downloade to have the mod?

it is smart though... and if you don't uploade then not a big probelm

Nope, that's the beauty of this mod! If I use it in one of my builds, the item I move using it will stay where I put it regardless if the person who downloads the lot has this in their game or not. The only thing that will happen is if you try to move the item, it will snap down to the floor.
    NewBanner.jpg
    edited July 2014
    anettesb wrote:
    can you still palce the yars there doing the time you play? or do you have to go into buy mod to put them there...
    Yes, once the table and counters are in place, everything is set like a normal surface. Sims can interact with the jars, taking them up and placing down more.