Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What kinds of homes will you look for in the gallery?

I've been building in the Sims for at least 10 years now and despite the loss of cas I'm looking forward to trying the new building tools available with the Sims 4.

My question for you guys is what types of homes are you going to be looking for. If you could be specific on the types of homes and maybe even post floor plans or inspiration pictures of what you will be looking for I'm planning to start a notebook for building my gallery up and having it a little more organized this time around.

Since we will be able to upload rooms as well I'm planning to do build your own sets too so any and all feedback is welcome :mrgreen:

Thanks and happy simming!!!
- Check out my youtube channel and my sims 4 legacy on tumblr-
alliesim02
The Scott Legacy

Comments

• kovu0207kovu0207 Posts: 6,209 Member
    edited July 2014
    I think many will just be looking for trusted uploaders who do not use corrupt/bad CC, or just use no CC in general. :)
    kovu0207ver2.jpg
  • allisoneg02allisoneg02 Posts: 2,870 Member
    edited July 2014
    kovu0207 wrote:
    I think many will just be looking for trusted uploaders who do not use corrupt/bad CC, or just use no CC in general. :)

I used CC in the Sims 2 and started to in 3 until the doll incident. Now all my sims and builds are CC free and I plan to keep them that way for 4!
    alliesim02
    The Scott Legacy
  • friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,542 Member
    edited July 2014
    None I will be avoiding the gallery might try to build my own homes for my sims
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • JeanBaby4JeanBaby4 Posts: 1,069 Member
    edited July 2014
    I will definately look for victorian type houses
  • Jessa_DakkarJessa_Dakkar Posts: 9,737 Member
    edited July 2014
    Until CC comes out, I would probably be looking towards trusted creators here to provide houses built in a style that is different than my own. I tend to stick to Traditional style homes. There are many styles I am not very good at, like Victorians, so I would download something like that.

Once CC comes out, I will no longer download from the gallery because I need to be sure that what I upload can in no way be corrupted or have CC attached - good or bad.

• wickedjr89wickedjr89 Posts: 1,777 Member
    edited July 2014
    I'm not that great of a builder though i've tried in TS3. Had some success but i'm still pretty much a beginner-amateur and only know how to do traditional style houses. I do plan on playing around with and trying to build in TS4 but I only know how to do Traditional houses so i'd be looking for anything that isn't traditional, even traditional ones that are better than what I could do. :lol:

Of course i'm going to try to do as much building myself as I can because i'm going to want to stay CC free.
  • FrostFlowerFrostFlower Posts: 42 New Member
    edited July 2014
    I do not plan on using the gallery. EA seems to think the reason such a small fraction of players use the exchange is because it's "too inconvenient." Which is just another way they misunderstand their player base, in my opinion. I don't use the exchange and won't use the gallery because A) I don't feel like weeding through lots of mediocre things to find something awesome, and B) more importantly, there is no way to know whether an item is safe. I don't want corrupt CC ruining my game, and it appears there's going to be no way to filter it other than believing people when they say "there's no CC in this, I promise."
  • Jimbo_JrJimbo_Jr Posts: 108 New Member
    edited July 2014
    Bungalows... lots and lots of Bungalows. It's a staple in many neighborhoods, and very fun to say. Try it.
  • PHOEBESMOM601PHOEBESMOM601 Posts: 14,595 Member
    edited July 2014
    I won't be using the gallery. I stay away from the Internet when I play.
    "People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright
  • cooli02000cooli02000 Posts: 1,974 Member
    edited July 2014
    A house that looks like this.

amusing-private-pool-for-excellent-modern-house-design-wth-wooden-accent-for-ceiling-and-amusing-lighting-design.jpg
  • cooli02000cooli02000 Posts: 1,974 Member
    edited July 2014
    cooli02000 wrote:

amusing-private-pool-for-excellent-modern-house-design-wth-wooden-accent-for-ceiling-and-amusing-lighting-design.jpg

Minus the pool.
  • ScarlettVeilScarlettVeil Posts: 92 New Member
    edited July 2014
    Victorian Houses and small cute starter homes. Anything old with some 'history' you know? :D
  • Coffefreak4LifeCoffefreak4Life Posts: 8,082 Member
    edited July 2014
    Despite living on the left coast I like Queen Anne ,Neo-Classical,Georgian and Baroque architecture more than anything
  • jus1nickiejus1nickie Posts: 360 Member
    edited July 2014
    Brownstone stone house, I'll probably build it my self though.
    For example:
    02cityroom-obama1-blog480.jpg

Was hoping for apartments in the base but, oh well. I think we will get apartments in a EP at least.
  • EvalenEvalen Posts: 10,223 Member
    edited July 2014
    I can't remember ever downloading a home, so I don't know if I would from the sims 4 gallery.
    Now if I did, It would be a Mexican home, I like the look of them. or a log cabin, I like them also.
  • SimpkinSimpkin Posts: 7,425 Member
    edited July 2014
    I won't be downloading any from the gallery but I like really homely homes and Mission style.
    Seasons toggle button in build mode poll. Vote now please! :)
  • 2011simone2011simone Posts: 2,444 Member
    edited July 2014
    My main thing would be ones without CC, after that i like georgian and Victorian buildings
    My origin id is sim2011
  • Aotearoa13Aotearoa13 Posts: 309 Member
    edited July 2014
    Ever seen Treme? I want old New Orleans places like that!
    edited July 2014
    JeanBaby4 wrote:
    I will definately look for victorian type houses

I love Victorians myself so I'm sure I'll have a few of those to choose from :mrgreen:
    alliesim02
    The Scott Legacy
    edited July 2014
    This is a really nice post for you to make. :-)

What I always look for is a nice American suburban style house as I always play families. Sometimes I just find myself looking at the pictures and imaging I'm there...

big-house.jpg

I can never find any that look right in TS3.

Thanks :wink: That's a really cute farmhouse type home. I was thinking I'd make not only different home styles but also have different themes based on aspirations once we get a better look at them!
    alliesim02
    The Scott Legacy
    edited July 2014
    Jimbo_Jr wrote:
    Bungalows... lots and lots of Bungalows. It's a staple in many neighborhoods, and very fun to say. Try it.

I need to build more of these, my sister has one in RL I'd love to try and duplicate!
    alliesim02
    The Scott Legacy
    edited July 2014
    cooli02000 wrote:

I think I've tried making this house in the sims 3 before. I'm not great at modern homes for some reason I just don't feel they look right. But I can give it a shot! :mrgreen:
    alliesim02
    The Scott Legacy
    edited July 2014
    jus1nickie wrote:
    Brownstone stone house, I'll probably build it my self though.
    For example:
    02cityroom-obama1-blog480.jpg

Was hoping for apartments in the base but, oh well. I think we will get apartments in a EP at least.

I was disappointed with the lack of apartments myself but I will definitely be building some brownstone and row houses!
    alliesim02
    The Scott Legacy