Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How to export a world that has store items?

Hi :) I wanted to export my world to test it and it would not export so I followed some advice and pulled my DC cache folder. It exported like a dream BUT all my store items were gone. The dark thatch roofs, the lunar lakes rocks, the bridges from DV and several other items many which were all available in CAW vanished. Even my distant terrain vanished and that was from World Adventures!
I figured ok, i can make an EP only version of my world for now but I would like to eventually export it as it was intended to be. Does anyone know if this is possible and what is the workaround?

Comments

• Options
    Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    edited July 2014
    Hi :D

Okay- that's a fine way to export... But, did you put it back *before you installed the world?
  • Options
    KarilynMonroe2KarilynMonroe2 Posts: 1,463 Member
    edited July 2014
    No, LOL. I was wondering about that. The instructions I found just said to pull it so that is all I did. Later I wondered if perhaps I could put it back.
    You are my hero!
    Now I can go back to a previous save and try it that way and hopefully I will have a version that has my store stuff.

Anything else I should know?
  • Options
    Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    edited July 2014
    Yeah, if you open the world in CAW without your Stuff installed (DCCache folder) I believe it'll remove the stuff from the world. :(

I've done it before, no shame in oopsies. :mrgreen:
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    If you remove items from DCCache, then save "successfully" in EIG, the items will not be there anymore period. They will have been replaced (assuming these are store items, in particular, because that's the procedure). You will see:

The Doozy Door (silver single tile door)
    The Red Double Door (not sure of name)
    The Hilt Wrought Iron Fence

In a nutshell, it replaces anything that is missing with the above and other items. Believe me, you will notice this right off.

When you open the world after install to test, even with everything added back in to DCCache, the replaced items are what you will see - NOT the original store items.

You have to track down the problematic Launcher item and remove it. Something is causing EIG to crash - it could be a crappy Sims3pack from wherever or a lot that you installed via Launcher that is not related to the Store.

I only, and I mean only, use the Launcher for OFFICIAL EA Store items. I never, ever, ever install anyone's Sims3Packs via the Launcher in order to maintain a clean, officially-sanctioned DCCache. Everything else, I consider to be custom and, therefore, it is addressed via the mod Framework.

Additionally, I remove all store items except for the worlds (Lucky Palms, etc.) from DCBackup because all those items will package up with your CAW export and I still have not had time to research how this affects everything. On the surface, I thought it too risky to leave the stuff in DCBackup and I also ensure using Custard that nothing is ever incorporated inside my world files.

The only thing you should see with Custard for your world is the world file (line item #1 in red) and the thumbnail of your world (line item #2 in pink). If you see anything else, something is errant.

Bottom line is if EIG is crashing, something is wrong. You have either gone over the 3.5 GB DCCache size limit or something is corrupt in the DCCache.

Backup, backup, backup. You will all run into this problem at some point.

I am not having any problems with EIG crashing. I did experience the loss of the few store items and after I upload a version without store items I am going to upload a version with the store items. I do not have any 3rd party CC installed through the launcher.
    There wasn't very much store content, mostly stuff from other worlds (The Monte Vista City Wall for example, which has given me nothing but trouble!) the dark thatch roofs, which I really want in this world as nothing else looks right (I am not sure where they are from) the Mother Russia Set and some build items from Roaring Heights. I want to include those in my final version.
    I need to start keeping track of what a downloader will need from the store.

Anyway, I am going back in...need to figure out how to have 2 versions so I can work on both. LOL. I'm not a work-a-holic or anything...LOL.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    One more thing - what version of CAW are you using? There have been some reports with certain versions being problematic.

Did you start your map new (flat map) or one of the included height maps in CAW?

Wondering...such fun tracking down these problems, right?

I am using the latest version and I started with a flat map.

I assumed it is the store content that made it hard to export since removing the cache fixed it. I put my dc cache back and reinstalled the exported world and that worked too. All of my store stuff came back.