Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Current DD (Daily Deal) Rotation & Sales Help: Started July 3rd

Comments

• ashygirl94ashygirl94 Posts: 412 Member
    edited July 2014
    Speaking of Sims 4, I got in the CAS beta on 10th and didn't know until now. I opened Origin to install the Sims 2 and it was sitting in my library. I really should check my email more often.
    qPSCOr.jpg
  • MommylandMommyland Posts: 1,230 Member
    edited July 2014
    Wallin wrote:
    They just announced that the August set will be the final set added to the store in Sims 3. :cry:

http://www.thesims3.com/community/blog

Oh My goodness this is so sad
  • WallinWallin Posts: 2,243 Member
    edited July 2014
    Mommyland wrote:
    Wallin wrote:
    They just announced that the August set will be the final set added to the store in Sims 3. :cry:

Hi Tamara! Long time no see! I didn't even recognize your awesome new avatar :mrgreen: I hope you're doing well!!!
    edited July 2014
    Mommyland wrote:
    Wallin wrote:

The announcement or all the missing spaces between words? :wink:
    qPSCOr.jpg
  • ajaxpostajaxpost Posts: 4,200 Member
    edited July 2014
    ashygirl94 wrote:
    Speaking of Sims 4, I got in the CAS beta on 10th and didn't know until now. I opened Origin to install the Sims 2 and it was sitting in my library. I really should check my email more often.
    I got it then too, but haven't had any Emails so it was, like you, chance that I spotted it!

I've enjoyed playing with it, so much quicker than TS3 CAS - though it has only a fraction of the clothing that I've loaded into TS3!. The push-pull manipulation takes a while to master, to get it to do what you want, but is pretty easy to use.

Changing outfits is a snap and they've got some really nice options to choose from. I'm not too concerned about losing custom patterns but it would have been nice to have more choice of colours (like with a colour wheel or some such).

My main criticisms are that they still fix accessories to certain outfits, genders, or styles - would be nice to pick a necklace, or ring, or make-up regardless of who my Sim is or what they are wearing

And then, worst of all for me, that there is no body hair! :evil:

edited July 2014
    ajaxpost wrote:
    ashygirl94 wrote:
    I got it then too, but haven't had any Emails so it was, like you, chance that I spotted it!

I've enjoyed playing with it, so much quicker than TS3 CAS - though it has only a fraction of the clothing that I've loaded into TS3!. The push-pull manipulation takes a while to master, to get it to do what you want, but is pretty easy to use.

Changing outfits is a snap and they've got some really nice options to choose from. I'm not too concerned about losing custom patterns but it would have been nice to have more choice of colours (like with a colour wheel or some such).

My main criticisms are that they still fix accessories to certain outfits, genders, or styles - would be nice to pick a necklace, or ring, or make-up regardless of who my Sim is or what they are wearing

And then, worst of all for me, that there is no body hair! :evil:

I love how Sims actually look unique. In the TS3 they kind of all look the same, unless they have some really exaggerated features like the Bunch's in Riverview.

The no body hair thing is also kind of a bummer.
    qPSCOr.jpg
    edited July 2014
    ashygirl94 wrote:
    Mommyland wrote:

The announcement or all the missing spaces between words? :wink:

LOL, I don't know what happened in that blog post. Like it was typed up in Notepad with Word Wrap. :lol:
    edited July 2014
    Take it with a grain of salt, but the Sims 4 CAS demo is just as a demo... they called it just a sampling. I imagine the final version will have a lot more to it, though what exactly we'll probably have to wait until launch (or possibly the 12th when it supposedly gets opened to the public) to see. I imagine a lot more clothes and color options, couldn't really say anything about body hair.

And I'm so jealous of all of you! I hope it really does open up on the 12th so I can get a crack at it. :lol:
    edited July 2014
    Wallin wrote:
    Take it with a grain of salt, but the Sims 4 CAS demo is just as a demo... they called it just a sampling. I imagine the final version will have a lot more to it, though what exactly we'll probably have to wait until launch (or possibly the 12th when it supposedly gets opened to the public) to see. I imagine a lot more clothes and color options, couldn't really say anything about body hair.

And I'm so jealous of all of you! I hope it really does open up on the 12th so I can get a crack at it. :lol:
    That's it, for someone like me, who "needs to know", the most frustrating thing is not being certain what has been left out because it's an early release, what has been limited because it is just a taster and what is not part of the product at all.

So, yes, for things like clothing choices, hairstyles, trait options, I expect we'll get a lot more in the released product. Other things, like colour wheels and body hair ... well ... :(

Overall though, it's a great demonstration of the technology, I love the general look of the Sims and, as Ash said, the possibilities for creating distinctive Sims should be much greater. :thumbup:

I imagine you will have great fun with it :mrgreen:

edited July 2014
    Go All In Compilation went full time.

Now:
    Zen Again / 289 / 850 / 66% / 2 hours :thumbup:

Next:
    Ultra Lounge Bedroom Set / / 550 / 2 hours
    Show Stopping Styles Collection / / 1573

• MarLin114MarLin114 Posts: 1,724 Member
    edited July 2014
    *Crossing fingers (and toes for good measure)* hoping that the Daily Deals and Sales will continue as long as the store is still open. Hoping the Ads continue also, with more Ads available for everyone.

Looking at my list, I still need:
    4 Worlds
    8 Venues (that aren't included w/worlds)
    7 Sets (not including the new August 2014 set)

Looking at my SP balance, I know I can't do it without Ads, Daily Deals and Sales.

Edit: August ends with a t, not an e
    a.k.a. - Linda
  • TRajahTRajah Posts: 2,403 Member
    edited July 2014
    Yeah, I'm down to one world (and I definitely want gold), just a couple of sets, and lots of odds and ends
  • rnrameyrnramey Posts: 3,086 Member
    edited July 2014
    Ended:
    Ultra Lounge Bedroom Set / 154 / 550 / 72% / 2 hours ( ended at 35 minutes after the hour after about 20 minutes on the DD )

Now:
    Show Stopping Styles Collection / 629 / 1573 / 60% / 2 hours

Next:
    Vineyard Villa Furnishings / / 621 / % / x hours
    The Jazz Age Wear / / 850 / % / x hours

edited to add: Zen Again ended early
    Call me Regina. My Page Proud member of the "Own the store" club! :D

If you aren't already stalking the Daily Deals, you should be! Visit these threads to get Store items and Sets with the greatest possible discounts:
    DAILY DEAL (DD) ROTATION AND SALES HELP
    CASCADES & DAILY DEALS- GETTING THE BEST BANG FOR YOUR SP
    FREE ITEMS FROM "THE SIMS 3 STORE"
  • FryeGuy24FryeGuy24 Posts: 1,242 Member
    edited July 2014
    Did anyone see when Zen Again ended?
  • CogitotoroCogitotoro Posts: 1,401 Member
    edited July 2014
    Omigosh, you guys, I just finished the best Sim I've ever made on TS4. I'm getting good at it! I started a thread of TS4 CAS tutorials, and decided to do a tutorial walking through the process of making a sim of a real person. I wrote the tutorial and took screenshots through the whole process. It took guts because I didn't know in advance if I'd be able to get him to look right! But I loooove him - whew!

Gotta go back and finish that tutorial now!

I hope you'll forgive me for sharing him:

colbertfinalperfect_zps15cf9240.png"Width=500"
    colbertfinal2_zps39d43cbe.png"Width=250"
    Cogitotoro, aka Ashley
    siggy3_zpsaaab9c22.jpg
    No wishlist for me!
  • XimphXimph Posts: 1,044 Member
    edited July 2014
    Ximph wrote:
    I am thinking perhaps the post has finally reached its limit? If so, I will try moving the thank you list to another post and see if this works!

UPDATE: YES the post reached its limit!! It was too much for the front page to handle! IF the list continues without a rotation we could have a problem. Lets hope it starts repeating soon or I may have to continue the list on post 2.
    Why don't you move some stuff down? You have the first four posts on the first page - why not move some of the stuff from post 3 into post 4, some stuff from post 2 into post 3, and then some stuff from post 1 into post 2. The other posts aren't as long as the first one (except possibly the second - hence my suggestion about moving other stuff down), so you should be able to do it.

May take a bit of work and futzing around, but it's doable.

I may have to do that. This list is getting real long and with the extra url info its getting too overloaded. I will have time to possibly do that this evening and see if I can shuffle things around a bit.

@despina53: Thank you so much! Very nice of you! You certainly brightened my day :D
    My Studio
    Part of the "Own the Store Club" horray!!
    My Youtube Let's Play Video!
  • emmiemouseemmiemouse Posts: 155 New Member
    edited July 2014
    I'm starting to wonder if there will *ever* be a rotation ...if this is the final burst of glory before they shut down the new content. Maybe it will just be an ongoing rotation of deals so that people can use up their SimPoints since those don't transfer?

Just a guess.
    edited July 2014
    332) Vineyard Villa Furnishings / 198 / 900 / 78% / 2 hours

upcoming...
    333)Jazz Age Wear / / 850 / / 2 hours

334)Happily Ever After Pauper Hides a Prince Outfit / / 41 /

ETA: Forgot the numbers
    qPSCOr.jpg
  • wittanthony1wittanthony1 Posts: 1,929 Member
    edited July 2014
    Where oh where have the bonus ads gone, I can't seem to find them again? I haven't seen 1 since yesterday morning and have cleared my cookies several times.

Looks like Vineyard Villa Furnishings is going to sell out early.
    edited July 2014
    Cogitotoro wrote:
    Omigosh, you guys, I just finished the best Sim I've ever made on TS4. I'm getting good at it! I started a thread of TS4 CAS tutorials, and decided to do a tutorial walking through the process of making a sim of a real person. I wrote the tutorial and took screenshots through the whole process. It took guts because I didn't know in advance if I'd be able to get him to look right! But I loooove him - whew!

Looks great to me! :D

I don't mind if you keep sharing, it saves my sanity while I wait for the demo myself. :P
    edited July 2014
    Vineyard Villa Furnishings sold out with 1:45 left on the timer. Deals start at 49 minutes past the hour.

333) Jazz Age Wear / 462 / 850 / 46% / 2 hours

upcoming...
    334) Happily Ever After Pauper Hides a Prince Outfit / / 41 / 2 hours

333) Destiny's Charm Guitar / / 45 /
    qPSCOr.jpg
  • LadyGreenEyesLadyGreenEyes Posts: 928 Member
    edited July 2014
    Nice! Got the Jazz Age Wear for 130, since I had a few pieces already! The rest will go well with Roaring Heights!

Still hoping for the Garden again!!!

That free fitness set is actually pretty nice, I think. I like a lot of it way more than some of the stuff already in game.
    edited July 2014
    Nice! Got the Jazz Age Wear for 130, since I had a few pieces already! The rest will go well with Roaring Heights!
    And, of course, if you haven't got it already don't forget Jazz Age Living Room + Jazz Age Wear
  • kellycot1kellycot1 Posts: 2,226 Member
    edited July 2014
    My goodness! Look what I missed!

First, thank you so much, Dee. Your gift was not only super appreciated for the gift part, but it also let me prepare for the news in a less-cranky way. It also pushed me into the 'safe' zone for my SimPoint balance, so I'm pretty sure I'll be able to buy my last few items and the next set, then turn to gifting some small things. I've been trying not to panic with these great deals coming up on the DD, but I know I was stretching my SimPoints a bit thin! You've given me great peace of mind. You're always such a sweetie, so thank you. :)

Now, NO MORE STORE CONTENT?!?!?! :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

It feels like the end of an era! Sims 3 was released back when I was in my fairly early days of high school -- and now I'm just months away from graduating university. So much has changed! The last EP and SP was one thing -- but the last Store release is a whole other beast!

I do wish we had known further in advance. Since we hadn't heard anything yet, I kind of assumed we'd see it through to the end of the year. But, I suppose September was always a natural place for them to stop the new content, so I can't say I'm terribly surprised. You know what they say about assuming. :wink:

Anyway, it's bittersweet, etc. etc. etc.

As many of you know, I've been trying to makeover my Worlds since just about FOREVER, but I always run into that wall where I realise if I keep going, I won't be able to fit all of the content in. Soon, I'm going to have it all -- no more waiting around for roller coasters and gondolas (apparently; didn't even know that that was a thing that could happen :shock: ).

The gondola thing is interesting. It's a pretty nifty idea and I know that a lot of Simmers will be happy; a 'Tunnel of Love' ride was a pretty high request for a while there. I'll admit, the gondolas mostly scare me at this stage (where am I going to find enough room for THAT!?!), but I'm excited to see something so different. It may not be Venice, but I'm especially excited to see it in action in Monte Vista. I feel like I'm not being excited enough, but I really am! It's just, y'know, hard.

I keep wondering what else they could have made to really add to my game, and the only other thing I can think of is some more fitness stuff (yoga and punching bag for individual Sims, maybe some kind of universal sporting net for group activities). I do wonder just how many Sims are going to be able to enjoy the gondola at a time; obviously, as a romantic thing, it'll seat two Sims (again, I assume that's the case), but it might be nice to see a whole tourist family going down a canal (that fits on a 64x64 lot :shock: ).

Sorry, I'll stop rambling now. I haven't had my morning tea yet, so I'm only half awake. :lol:
    a.k.a. Erin
    Check out The Simdex—my PDF guide to all of the Sims 3 Store content (last updated September 2015)
    edited July 2014
    Cogitotoro wrote:

Oh no, as David said, please keep on sharing, he is certainly a very fine looking Sim.

And, as I am a bit (by which I mean a lot!) rubbish at CAS, a walk-through tutorial would be great.