Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Current DD (Daily Deal) Rotation & Sales Help: Started July 3rd

Comments

• Me1620Me1620 Posts: 4,994 Member
    edited August 2014
    I think the majority of us agree that this list is not going to rotate. Updating the spreadsheet is becoming very cumbersome. Also, the spreadsheet was intended to be a tool to help predict deals once the list starts repeating. It is not meant to be a never-ending list of deals.

With the forums going read-only beginning tomorrow, I have decided to put the spreadsheet in limbo. Frye agrees with my decision. Should the list begin rotating, and if we continue to track the deals on this thread, we can always catch up the deals.

I want to thank the DD spreadsheet team, Frye, missy2311 and mikrokitty78 (Misty) for being so wonderful.

p.s. - You know now that I have posted this, the list will rotate.

Edit - The July 2014 spreadsheet will still be available from the link.
    a.k.a. - Jodi and a link to My Page on the Sims 3 website

To help you organize your stalking of the Daily Deal, please join us on the Daily Deal Rotation and Sales Help thread and please view the DD Spreadsheet
  • FrancesWeryFrancesWery Posts: 56 Member
    edited August 2014
    Yep, that Bohemian Garden went pretty darned fast! I managed to snag it for 415 with CYS, but I almost missed it.
  • KleineMuffKleineMuff Posts: 12,578 Member
    edited August 2014
    I've wanted the Bohemian Garden for quite some time now but I'm trying to get things on Sale and what not and I was excited to see it on the Daily Deal and I actually managed to get it! :D I only have 32 points left but hey it was worth it. haha! :lol:

Congrats to you then! At least one of us got it xD
    Maybe there was only one copy of it :lol:
    Please call me Caro :)
    My Sims 3 Page | My Studio | Check out my Sims 3 Let's Play
    Play mafia with us: www.ultimatemafia.boards.net

• ajaxpostajaxpost Posts: 4,200 Member
    edited August 2014
    Then:
    Indulgent Living / 380 / 1000 / 62% / 2 hours - ended about 20 minutes early
    Bohemian Garden / 612 / 1700 / 64% / 2 hours - lasted about 30 seconds

Now:
    Hydrocombo Spa / 30 / 38 / 21% / 2 hours

Next:
    Haiku of the Lotus / ? / 25 / ?% / 2 hours
    Faire Folk Attire / ? / 533 / ?% / ? hours

• imraindancer1967imraindancer1967 Posts: 81 Member
    edited August 2014
    I finally snagged the Bohemian Garden!! :D Congrats to all who got it too! Now all I need to own the whole store is the Prism Art Studio, The WOW Carousel Collection, and the Bakery. I really wish I had bought the gold version of Midnight Hollow so that I would have The Golden Ticket Toy Shop. Oh well.

edit: oh and the newest/last venue. (sniff)
    a.k.a. - Beth
  • vampyreluciavampyrelucia Posts: 850 Member
    edited August 2014
    Now I am upset. I sat watching the DD page for almost 2 hour so I can get the rest of Bohemian Garden. I watched it go from 97% to 99% claimed on Indulgent Living straight to
    Hydrocombo Spa. No Bohemian Garden at all. :? :evil:
  • piglovinggirlpiglovinggirl Posts: 124 Member
    edited August 2014
    Normally I don't even need to refresh to see the new item up - I never saw it be the Bohemian Garden - I watched my screen go from Indulgent Living to the bathtub. Makes me a little mad, since I was hoping I would be able to get the Garden.
  • JennaIsGhostJennaIsGhost Posts: 1,209 Member
    edited August 2014
    KleineMuff wrote:
    I've wanted the Bohemian Garden for quite some time now but I'm trying to get things on Sale and what not and I was excited to see it on the Daily Deal and I actually managed to get it! :D I only have 32 points left but hey it was worth it. haha! :lol:

Congrats to you then! At least one of us got it xD
    Maybe there was only one copy of it :lol:

Thank you! :D
    I almost didn't get it. I switched tabs just in time to get it haha!
    I wish everyone were able to get it. :/ I know how much of a bummer it is to wait for something to come on the daily deal and then not get it.
    a.k.a. Jenna, in case the username didn't give it away. ;P
    MyPage
    I own the whole store!!
    "Color Simmons, cooooolloor!"
    ezgifcom-resize.gif
    Gif from Rub Some Bacon on It
  • ajaxpostajaxpost Posts: 4,200 Member
    edited August 2014
    Me1620 wrote:
    I think the majority of us agree that this list is not going to rotate. Updating the spreadsheet is becoming very cumbersome. Also, the spreadsheet was intended to be a tool to help predict deals once the list starts repeating. It is not meant to be a never-ending list of deals.

With the forums going read-only beginning tomorrow, I have decided to put the spreadsheet in limbo. Frye agrees with my decision. Should the list begin rotating, and if we continue to track the deals on this thread, we can always catch up the deals.

I want to thank the DD spreadsheet team, Frye, missy2311 and mikrokitty78 (Misty) for being so wonderful.

p.s. - You know now that I have posted this, the list will rotate.

Edit - The July 2014 spreadsheet will still be available from the link.
    I think that's an entirely rational decision.

While the forums are down we can always continue the conversations over on David's board and keep notes of deals, so we can pick up if it does rotate (and you are tempting fate there! :D )

And may I also thank you and the whole team for the amazing job you have all done in keeping up with this monster of a list. Thank you! :thumbup:
  • aya2aya33aya2aya33 Posts: 32 New Member
    edited August 2014
    darn it!! i clicked "buy now" and it didn't even pop up! i was waiting for this for weeks :( this totally sucks!!

pls put the "Bohemian Garden" on the DD again! PLS!!!
    edited August 2014
    Looks like there are quite a few people who were able to get it, so congrats to all of you!

I hope it appears again soon and maybe lasts a bit longer :)

• TheZommbieTheZommbie Posts: 712 New Member
    edited August 2014
    if i dont see you all

Goodbye DD Stalkers

RIP sims3 08/08/2014
  • ChimarkChimark Posts: 2,166 Member
    edited August 2014
    I knew the Bohemian Gardens would go fast. I had my computer clock open and I kept refreshing till I got the green download button. But it wouldn't click for me. The green button just refused to do anything. I watched the screen update from 10%-27%-61%-96% and then it moved on. According to my computer clock I had the green download button for 1 minute and three seconds.

So it was there. It just went fast. Most of the popular sets do this. But it'll be back, maybe we'll get lucky and it'll be cheaper next time :)
    edited August 2014
    TheZommbie wrote:
    if i dont see you all

Goodbye DD Stalkers

RIP sims3 08/08/2012

Pssst it's 2014 :wink::lol:

• PigDestroyer1978PigDestroyer1978 Posts: 163 Member
    edited August 2014
    For those of you who didnt see BG, do whatever you can to first get your cpu and browser runnin fast and smooth (reboot, use CCleaner, clear cookies etc) then open up 2 browser pages, one being the main DD page in the backround and a smaller window in front with the actual set on (the bohemian garden main page) that you are constantly pressing F5 on. Once you get the hang of it, you will be seeing the deals before everyone else and snag it too. BTW most hot sets will never even show up on the DD main page if only for a second or two, only use that page in the background as a reference as to when the previous deal is going to end. All the magic happens on the set page itself.

Again, I've noticed that it (the refresh rate, clickability of download/buy buttons, order confirmation etc) has to do with where you are in the world (IP address), the fact that their website has too little server space for the amount of web traffic they get and the speed of your browser and connection (which is the only thing you can control so spend time getting it faster).
  • ChimarkChimark Posts: 2,166 Member
    edited August 2014
    KleineMuff wrote:
    TheZommbie wrote:
    if i dont see you all

Goodbye DD Stalkers

RIP sims3 08/08/2012

Not in Zombie years :D
  • JennaIsGhostJennaIsGhost Posts: 1,209 Member
    edited August 2014
    KleineMuff wrote:
    TheZommbie wrote:
    if i dont see you all

Goodbye DD Stalkers

RIP sims3 08/08/2012

This made me chuckle a bit. I didn't even notice the year was wrong at first. :P :lol:
    a.k.a. Jenna, in case the username didn't give it away. ;P
    MyPage
    I own the whole store!!
    "Color Simmons, cooooolloor!"
    ezgifcom-resize.gif
    Gif from Rub Some Bacon on It
  • TheZommbieTheZommbie Posts: 712 New Member
    edited August 2014
    KleineMuff wrote:
    TheZommbie wrote:
    if i dont see you all

Goodbye DD Stalkers

RIP sims3 08/08/2012

jeez some how all day i been saying 2012 and not 2014
  • vampyreluciavampyrelucia Posts: 850 Member
    edited August 2014
    For those of you who didnt see BG, do whatever you can to first get your cpu and browser runnin fast and smooth (reboot, use CCleaner, clear cookies etc) then open up 2 browser pages, one being the main DD page in the backround and a smaller window in front with the actual set on (the bohemian garden main page) that you are constantly pressing F5 on. Once you get the hang of it, you will be seeing the deals before everyone else and snag it too. BTW most hot sets will never even show up on the DD main page if only for a second or two, only use that page in the background as a reference as to when the previous deal is going to end. All the magic happens on the set page itself.
    I had the set page open at 99%. Nothing happen at all.
  • aya2aya33aya2aya33 Posts: 32 New Member
    edited August 2014
    Chimark wrote:
    I knew the Bohemian Gardens would go fast. I had my computer clock open and I kept refreshing till I got the green download button. But it wouldn't click for me. The green button just refused to do anything. I watched the screen update from 10%-27%-61%-96% and then it moved on. According to my computer clock I had the green download button for 1 minute and three seconds.

So it was there. It just went fast. Most of the popular sets do this. But it'll be back, maybe we'll get lucky and it'll be cheaper next time :)

I hope so :)
    edited August 2014

Same here! I always have the set page open in another tab which I refresh when the deal gets closer to the end. It is easier though when the time is running down and the deal expires and not when it sells out.

• AingelsharcAingelsharc Posts: 4 New Member
    edited August 2014
    I am one of those silent DD stalkers but as it looks like this is now going to stop due to the list no longer rotating I thought it was time to break my silence.
    I would just like to thank everyone who work or have worked on keeping this thread, for all their hard work, it has been very much appreciated.
  • MiaSkywalkerMiaSkywalker Posts: 3,436 Member
    edited August 2014
    You have to actually start refreshing the set page when the previous one is around 95%, if it's one that is selling fast. (Which it looks like that one was.) Just keep refreshing every few seconds, or as soon as the page loads, and don't stop refreshing. The page will NOT change if you don't refresh.

I'm sorry that many of you didn't get that set. I wasn't here for it and I had purchased it earlier, but I know how fast it went the last time it was on the DD. It's new, so it's in high demand, so it just goes very fast.

But it WILL show up again, and it may show up for the regular Sale! page. Since it's CYS enabled, many of you will get it free or cheap if it shows up there, even though those discounts aren't as good as the DD.
  • PigDestroyer1978PigDestroyer1978 Posts: 163 Member
    edited August 2014
    Well I've gotta say that I own a lot of the store and got all of it from the DD. That being said, the only time I've ever missed a deal I wanted (being a hot set or not) is because I wasn't in front of the computer in time. All that success can't be based on luck alone. If you do it right and you're on time, you should always get it unless its due to factor I said above that you can't control. Fortunately I guess, none of those have stood in my way.

Again, try to work on your browser (and if possible, connection - upgrade if you can) speed, it has more to do with it than you think. There is a lot of things you can do; switch browsers all together (never use IE, but try Firefox or Chrome), disable add ons, clear history etc, and for heaven's sake reboot! I can't tell you home many times the store seemed to be acting slow, I reboot my computer to get rid of any "silent background" programs running and the browser ends up being faster.
  • Elf67Elf67 Posts: 1,198 Member
    edited August 2014
    For any Mac owners out there, I just got an email from Aspyr advertising the Sims 2 Super Collection being available in the Mac App Store. It's not free ($30), but great for those Mac folks who weren't able to take advantage of the free offer of the Windows version from Origin or who didn't want Origin or Windows on their Mac. And it's still a lot cheaper than Sims 4!