Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Current DD (Daily Deal) Rotation & Sales Help: Started July 3rd

Comments

• souphysouphy Posts: 11 New Member
    edited August 2014
    Hello everyone :) I have one question and I was hoping that the DD stalkers with more experience then me could answer me. Currently the Bayside Kitchen Set is on sale and because I already have 4 items from that set, my CYS is 290 simpoints, which is not bad, but if I wait for the set to appear on DD maybe I can get it cheaper. But I don't know if this set ever appeared on DD for a good discount or if it appears frequently. So, should I buy it for 290 or wait?

Also, another thing, I saw people in this thread talking about the free simpoints from the adds, is there any specific hour when they appear more or a specific page? Because I never saw one and I read somewhere that they are supposed to be worldwide now. And I don't have a add blocker so that shouldn't be the problem.

• VexedVirgoVexedVirgo Posts: 51 New Member
    edited August 2014
    I'm so sad! Lullabies and Nursery Rhymes actually came up, and I missed it. I was even more sad when I saw that I missed it by 10 minutes, while I was hitting the snooze on my alarm. ******. Congrats to everyone who got the set! Such a great price, too!
  • VexedVirgoVexedVirgo Posts: 51 New Member
    edited August 2014
    souphy wrote:
    Hello everyone :) I have one question and I was hoping that the DD stalkers with more experience then me could answer me. Currently the Bayside Kitchen Set is on sale and because I already have 4 items from that set, my CYS is 290 simpoints, which is not bad, but if I wait for the set to appear on DD maybe I can get it cheaper. But I don't know if this set ever appeared on DD for a good discount or if it appears frequently. So, should I buy it for 290 or wait?

Also, another thing, I saw people in this thread talking about the free simpoints from the adds, is there any specific hour when they appear more or a specific page? Because I never saw one and I read somewhere that they are supposed to be worldwide now. And I don't have a add blocker so that shouldn't be the problem.

Re: the adds - They are hit and miss for me. I usually am up pretty early (or really late!), and I usually get 5 or so adds back to back, and then they go away. I may get a random add pop up throughout the day, but not always. There was a time recently where I was getting enough adds for 200-300 points a day, which was after the fiasco where I had adds all day, but I would never get points from them, so maybe the system was trying to make up for lost time (and points!).

Also starting to wonder if it knows that I have recently purchased points, because it seems like that is when I stopped getting the hundreds of points per day. Could be a coincidence though.

One thing that I have found that seems to help the adds pop up is checking multiple pages. I am a tab-aholic with my browser, so I'll pull up the daily deal page first, and then I will open multiple other tabs and check them. Sometimes this works, and sometimes it doesn't, but I think it may depend on how many you have already seen for the day.

Also, be careful if you try to watch multiple adds simultaneously. I can usually get points for both if I run two adds at the same time, but usually not if I do more than that. I find that it is "safer" to do 2-3 tabs, watch the adds, and then see if they pop back up on the same pages. If not, then the adds are done for me for a while.

Hope that helps!
  • ajaxpostajaxpost Posts: 4,200 Member
    edited August 2014
    souphy wrote:
    ... another thing, I saw people in this thread talking about the free simpoints from the adds, is there any specific hour when they appear more or a specific page? Because I never saw one and I read somewhere that they are supposed to be worldwide now. And I don't have a add blocker so that shouldn't be the problem.
    I think the ads are pretty random and may not show for all sorts of reasons. I'm in the UK and never used to see any.

Then, Tahera mentioned that using a 'private' or 'incognito' browser session worked for her ... and it worked for me as well! :D - there should be an option somewhere on your browser's toolbar to open a new private window. You may also need to delete your cache history.

However, I only ever saw the ads at work (which has quite a strict firewall policy and all sorts of blockers) but that was only a very few each day (usually late in the afternoon) maybe two, sometimes as many as three, sometimes none at all. :(

At home I actually disabled ad blocking for Sponsorpay (the ad provider) and thesims3.com site and although I could see the other adverts, never saw a single sponsored ad! :evil:

Then, a couple of nights ago, at home, sometime after midnight, close to 1am (BST) I got about ten of them!! :shock: I am really not sure why they started coming up but it is possible, this is the only thing I have changed recently, that it is because I changed by "country" setting on thesims3.com from "English-US" to "English-UK". Though my work computer is still set to "English-US" ... :?

They appear on many different pages, mostly for me on MMAO, the DD, and the Sale! page, so I click randomly between Store pages to catch them. However, the button can take several seconds to appear, it does not come up immediately with the rest of the page. I have missed a few because I clicked away too quickly, saw the ad button appear but I was too late to stop my browser changing page. :(

So, my best times are the early hours after midnight and late afternoon, say 5 to 6pm UK summer time.

Hope that helps. :D
  • frozenorangejuicfrozenorangejuic Posts: 1,830 Member
    edited August 2014
    I think I might just get the Mid Century Trailblazer set for free, I have everything except the Not So Routine Machine. :D Actually unless it is less than 14.2 % discount, which we all know it is known to happen. lol

I only have the Not So Routine Machine and one other item but I'm hoping to get it free as well! I need it to be 43% off so not quite as sure of a thing as 14.2% but still reasonable.
    souphy wrote:

I haven't really noticed a pattern. There are usually a few the first time I get on in a day, but I have a very varied schedule so that could be just about any time. Then there might be one or two more randomly. Occasionally I will get another string or four or five later but that's pretty rare. I know I see more in incognito mode (I'm guessing because it doesn't have any cookies?) so maybe try that.
    VexedVirgo wrote:
    I'm so sad! Lullabies and Nursery Rhymes actually came up, and I missed it. I was even more sad when I saw that I missed it by 10 minutes, while I was hitting the snooze on my alarm. ******. Congrats to everyone who got the set! Such a great price, too!

Oh man, that sucks! I know recently they've been having rarer some sets come back a second time fairly soon after the first one so maybe that'll happen and you can get it.
    edited August 2014
    VexedVirgo and ajaxpost thank you very much. I was checking multiple pages but I wasn't open multiple other tabs and problably I wasn't waiting enough time until the button apear. Also I have the country setting in English-US (even though I'm in Europe) so I'm going to try the English-UK and I'm going to use a 'private' browser session too. Hope it works (fingers crossed) and thank you again :D
  • WallinWallin Posts: 2,243 Member
    edited August 2014
    Now:
    Jazz Age Wear / 392 / 850 / 54% / 2 hours

A Mid-Century Modern Trailblazer Set / 1250 / 2 hours
    Bayside Bathroom Set / 242

Steampunk went the full duration. Jazz Age Wear will expire on the hour.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • sherrylynn8779sherrylynn8779 Posts: 2,102 Member
    edited August 2014
    I finally finished up that set! YAY! I wonder if FrozenOJ got it as well?
    My Twitter:: My Facebook:: Gallery Name: sherry_lynn1979
  • mulder8486mulder8486 Posts: 613 Member
    edited August 2014
    ashygirl94 wrote:
    For those looking to get Lullabies and want to build their CYS, the "Straight Lines Activity Table" is 36% off on the sales page.

I picked that up last night hoping it would help me get the set. Only to find out this morning after waking up that I missed it! :( Well, there is always next time right!?
    a.k.a. Becki ~ My Sims 3 Page
    edited August 2014
    Jazz Age Wear went it's full time, ended on the hour.

Mid Century Modern ended early with 1hr 46 minutes left. It ended at 14 minutes after the hour
    edited August 2014
    Yay I got it! Almost missed it because I was paying too much attention to Firefly. :oops: That was a good deal though even if you didn't own any of it already!

Anyone know why The Final Frontier Set isn't available for CYS? The loft set is and the only thing different is the inclusion of the The Not So Routine Machine, but The Not So Routine Machine was in A Mid-Century Modern Trailblazer Set and that was available for CYS.
    edited August 2014
    Before:
    A Mid-Century Modern Trailblazer Set / 375 / 1250 / 70% / 2 hours

Now:
    Bayside Bathroom Set / 228 / 242 / 6% / 2 hours

Next:
    Runway Riot / 1400 (currently on sale for 910) / 2 hours
    Le Cirque Nouveau- Diva Plava Hairstyle / 50

Eww, 6%?!? Get that deal out of here! :evil:
    Jazz Age Wear went it's full time, ended on the hour.

Mid Century Modern ended early with 1hr 46 minutes left. It ended at 14 minutes after the hour

Thanks, Sherry! :D
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    edited August 2014
    Anyone know why The Final Frontier Set isn't available for CYS? The loft set is and the only thing different is the inclusion of the The Not So Routine Machine, but The Not So Routine Machine was in A Mid-Century Modern Trailblazer Set and that was available for CYS.

I have never understood why it's not, nor is Seeing Stars (although I was told at one point very early on that it was). There was a post somewhere here on the Store forum asking about it recently, I doubt it ever got a reply. :(
    edited August 2014
    Awesome! FrozenOJ!

You'd get along with my hubby, he loves him some Firefly!
  • bcsmasbcsmas Posts: 272 Member
    edited August 2014
    Me1620 wrote:
    bcsmas wrote:
    So my question is do the worlds show up with that owned check mark on their store pages? I bought 3 of the worlds when they were on sale through Origin, but in the store they don't show as owned. They only show that in my purchase history. Just wondering if I should mention it as well when I contact CS about the Fountain.
    I just checked a few of the ones I own. The ones that you use simpoints to buy show a check mark on the product page. The ones that are sold in a cash bundle do not show as owned on the store page - at least I don't see any indication.
    Thank you for the reply! I figured this was the case, so it's nice to have a confirmation of this. Thanks again! :)
    edited August 2014
    Wallin, it sold out within seconds of it turning 7:14, so that is why I wrote it as 7:14 ;)
  • trithonetrithone Posts: 1,406 Member
    edited August 2014
    I sometimes think of the ads as Whack-a-Moles. Interestingly, they don't appear on my PC nearly as often as on my laptop. When I was in Montana for a few weeks, they stuck their heads out to look around regularly, every day, between about 4:00 and 10:00 (same laptop, so that wasn't the difference). I was racking up the points. Now that I'm back home they aren't nearly as interested in looking around. I have to search all over for them, churning through pages of sets and compilations until they wonder what I am doing and poke their little heads out to look. ... Whack!
    a.k.a. Samantha (though Sam is just fine, too. Also, Simmantha, according to my husband.)

Thanks to a lot of amazing sim friends I have owned the store for a while now. If you'd like to help out a really good friend of mine who just started playing the game, here is his wishlist. Thanks!

edited August 2014
    frozenorangejuic thank you for the advice ^^
    edited August 2014
    I found my first ones last night/ this morning while gifting people (wishlist AND the gift page itself) and on the DD page! I about dropped a deuce! However, I think with the site glitchiness I only got 3 of the 6 I found... 3 didn't load or only had 3 seconds of blackness... or featured a 3 second image of a potato chip bag. (The reason I know it is glitched is because my very first ad was a potato chip one)
    edited August 2014
    Awesome! FrozenOJ!

Yeah I put it on as something to listen to while I was working on a sewing project but then I decided might as well watch the whole thing again! Nathan Fillion is like my favorite actor ever.
  • wittanthony1wittanthony1 Posts: 1,929 Member
    edited August 2014
    bcsmas wrote:
    The ads seem to be getting harder to find again. Even at the library now where it was easier for me. I've only seen 5 ads today, all of them while at the library, none at home yet. Maybe after the last set comes out tomorrow they might start showing up more. Trying to build up points fast enough to get Midnight Hallow or sets I really want off of the dd.
    I'm having the same experience. I used to get 100+ points in ads, but the past two or three days I've only gotten maybe three or four ads. It might simply be that ads are localized,and if your local retailers don't have ads with them, you don't see them.
    I was having the same problem with the ads the last few days as well and today they have been hit or miss. But the last hour or two I have been getting a lot more than I have been. They are just taking longer to load and most have only popped up when I open different pages of the store. Also noticed there are a lot of new ads that I haven't seen before.
    Hope the ads start working for you soon!

I have a question I am hoping some of you could help answer.
    I saw a few people talking about how the Choc-o Fountain didn't' show up as owned from the store, but it shows as owned in the purchase history. I have the same issue and am going to contact CS about it but I also have some worlds that are the same way.

So my question is do the worlds show up with that owned check mark on their store pages? I bought 3 of the worlds when they were on sale through Origin, but in the store they don't show as owned. They only show that in my purchase history. Just wondering if I should mention it as well when I contact CS about the Fountain.

I have the same problem with the Choc-o Fountain not showing up as owned on the store page. Also have the problem with Jet Set that I got from the expansion bundle and Hidden Springs. Thats the only 3 things that are not showing as being owned on the store pages but are in my purchase history.

Usually for the ads I get the same 2 at home and sometimes 1 that doesn't pay me any points. At the library I've seen quite a few different ads.
  • Shogo_YahagiShogo_Yahagi Posts: 838 Member
    edited August 2014
    Cogitotoro wrote:
    I took some time off to watch the World Cup and whatnot. Did I miss anything important? :D

Shogo! I know, wasn't the World Cup awesome? Brazil, Germany, whoa, right? Nobody else on here would talk about it with me.

You've missed soooooooooooo much Tiki... and surprisingly few toilets!

And the DD hasn't been repeating without you.

HELLO, STORE? SHOGO IS BACK! YOU CAN DO A ROTATING LIST AGAIN NOW!

There. That oughta do it. (It's as good a theory as any.)

OMG! Iknowright? And that Gotze goal in the final? And Suarez losing his mind again? And CONCACAF unlocking boss mode? *squeeeeeeee!* Such a World Cup.

Sorry about the zombie list. When I thought that they could carry on without me for a bit I didn't mean, you know, forever. *gives the list a tentative kick*
    Shogo! I had wondered where you had gone. Glad to see you back!

There may also have been some GTAV: Offensive Stereotype Stories involved. Good lord that's embarrassing to play around non-gamers ...also gamers ...possibly plants.

But it's good to be back. :) And now the list can start cycling any time. I keep getting on and seeing something I might have wanted at a huge discount in the past deals and all stuff I own in the upcoming deals. I think it's punishing me for leaving it alone for so long.

But for now, let's ride this
    Image194.jpg
    Neverending DD list.
  • Shogo_YahagiShogo_Yahagi Posts: 838 Member
    edited August 2014
    Awesome! FrozenOJ!

Yeah I put it on as something to listen to while I was working on a sewing project but then I decided might as well watch the whole thing again! Nathan Fillion is like my favorite actor ever.
    Ooh! Ooh! Didja see? Didja see? Firefly Online is coming out next year. I'm psyched.
    edited August 2014
    Wallin, it sold out within seconds of it turning 7:14, so that is why I wrote it as 7:14 ;)

I didn't see your post before I made mine, was too focused on putting up the next deal, so I really appreciate you posting that info! :mrgreen: I'm not able to keep a close eye on these things during the morning and while I'm at work. :wink:
    edited August 2014
    Ooh! Ooh! Didja see? Didja see? Firefly Online is coming out next year. I'm psyched.

No I didn't! That's awesome! It worries me a bit that the website says it's also going to be available on phones.