Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

NPC Personalities in the Different Worlds?

I've seen a few posts where players say they prefer certain worlds because they like the NPC populations better than in other worlds. Or they avoid a world because they hate the NPCs there.

Have you found that different worlds really offer different personalities in the NPCs? I always thought each world included a mix of sims--some evil, some good, etc. Maybe there were some variations, but overall I just assumed you got a little of everything in each world. But now I wonder if this is true. Most of my Sims 3 playing has been in Riverview. I've just recently started trying out all the other worlds I own--so not sure about this.

I'd like to hear what other players have experienced about specific worlds. Do some neighborhood have older populations, or younger? Nicer, crazier--and so on?

Comments

• alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,384 Member
    edited July 2014
    According to SimsWikia, Riverview has indeed the oldest population :D .

I can't tell if different worlds really have NPC Sims with different characters. I have observed that the fullest clubs and bars are in Roaring Heights, so there may be a lot of party animals!

But if your Sim is looking for romance, there are great differences in the attractivity of the townies. If you prefer blondes, Aurora Skies has the most beautiful Sims. If you like the darker, southern type, Roaring Heights is for you. The ugliest Sims are the elves in Dragon Valley (but even they are cute and the town itself is incredibly perfect for Supernatural).

Generally, I find the Sims of the younger worlds (since 2013) more interesting than the older ones, because they have a greater variety of hairstyles and body details (chest hair etc.).
  • lanlynlanlyn Posts: 5,008 Member
    edited July 2014
    I also thought Appaloosa Plains had older sims too. I could be wrong though. Just an impression.

I have RH, but haven't played there very long. I was thinking about getting Lucky Palms. I wonder if it has a lot of party animals too. I don't have Aurora Skies, but I do think the sims in RH are nice looking--just from what I've seen.

I have a family in Moonlight Falls. After Riverview, I guess I've played there the longest. Some of the sims there bug me. Maybe it's all the paranormals. The werewolves and vampires are not the handsomest of creatures. :lol: And the werewolf behavior--kind of disgusting sometimes! Then there's Bianca Crumplebottom, who seems to have some vendetta against my sims. Not sure what happened there. :shock:

I really haven't had too many issues with my other town NPCs, but as I said, I haven't played the other places very long to know. I need to settle in somewhere for a while and quit flitting from place to place. :D
    edited July 2014
    lanlyn wrote:
    Then there's Bianca Crumplebottom, who seems to have some vendetta against my sims. Not sure what happened there.
    I just got a message in my Moonlight Falls game. The Crumplebottom family has moved out of town. :shock: I installed the Old Mill set lot, and the Crumplebottoms hit the road. My sims even went to Bianca's party that night--we were there, but she wasn't. Hmm. Was it something we said? :lol:
  • BatmanFanGirlBatmanFanGirl Posts: 1,298 Member
    edited July 2014
    lanlyn wrote:
    lanlyn wrote:
    Then there's Bianca Crumplebottom, who seems to have some vendetta against my sims. Not sure what happened there.
    I just got a message in my Moonlight Falls game. The Crumplebottom family has moved out of town. :shock: I installed the Old Mill set lot, and the Crumplebottoms hit the road. My sims even went to Bianca's party that night--we were there, but she wasn't. Hmm. Was it something we said? :lol:

I didn't even know that could happen. :shock:
    heartstopper-couple.gif
    edited July 2014
    I didn't even know that could happen. :shock:
    You mean a family moving out? The game moves people in and out (usually out) with the story progression option. I think it's done to adjust the population. Every once in a while I get messages about someone dying or a family moving out--not like I use to though because I don't add as many of my own sims to games now. But it seems like if my family has a baby or creates a plumbot, etc., someone in town dies or moves. I've never noticed it happening just because I added a lot though. :(
  • DevalaousDevalaous Posts: 1,286 Member
    edited July 2014
    I have strict control over that happening, the world teams put a lot of effort (mostly) into making all these varied families, I think its stupid to have the game forcing them out and replacing them with randomly generated sims with no varying face data

I wish newer worlds had proper NPCs and bios, eventually they just stopped giving service NPCs traits at all, and made all sims have the exact same bio. Compare to Barnacle Bay, the world everyone hates, this world gives every single NPC and premade family an interesting trait set, and a personal bio. Try marrying the pizza man for example, and you'll find he has his own backstory. Some of the ghosts even have bios!
    Rebuilding Sims 2 inside Sims 3 one lot and sim at a time.

See my Sims 3 studio for latest progress.
    edited July 2014
    Devalaous wrote:
    ...I wish newer worlds had proper NPCs and bios, eventually they just stopped giving service NPCs traits at all, and made all sims have the exact same bio. Compare to Barnacle Bay, the world everyone hates, this world gives every single NPC and premade family an interesting trait set, and a personal bio...
    So you think the townies in earlier worlds are more unique than in later worlds? The worlds themselves were simpler, but the NPCs themselves were more complex? Maybe they gave a few NPCs in the newer worlds a lot more detail, but left the majority as generic townies?

I have a household living in BB. I like it there. I'm trying to use it as another alternative to IP. I've already placed a couple of dive lots. Actually, I've been exploring a few of the older worlds I've never used before: Twinbrook, Lunar Lakes, Appaloosa Plains, Hidden Springs.

I was curious and looked up the release dates of the Sims 3 worlds:

Sunset Valley 6/2009
    Riverview 6/2009
    vacation: Champs Les Sims, Al Simhara, Shang Simla 11/2009
    Twinbrook 6/2010
    Barnacle Bay 9/2010
    Bridgeport 10/2010
    Hidden Springs 8/2011
    Appaloosa Plains 10/2011
    Lunar Lakes 2/2012
    Starlight Shores 3/2012
    Lucky Palms 6/2012
    Sunlit Tides 8/2012
    Moonlight Falls 9/2012
    Monte Vista 12/2012
    Auroa Skies 2/2013
    university: Sims University 3/2013
    Dragon Valley 5/2013
    Isla Paradiso 6/2013
    Midnight Hollow 9/2013
    future: Oasis Landing 10/2013
    Roaring Heights 12/2013
  • DevalaousDevalaous Posts: 1,286 Member
    edited July 2014
    Midnight Hollow probably has the most unique and diverse NPCs, but most of it is simply in the household bio and the way they look; they have no personal bio and often their traits, careers and skills don't match up with the household bio.

But yeah, Barnacle Bay had the most fully featured NPCs in all of Sims 3. When the random pizza guy and mail man and so forth all have bios, makes you feel that even the NPCs are "alive"
    Rebuilding Sims 2 inside Sims 3 one lot and sim at a time.

See my Sims 3 studio for latest progress.
  • TiaBaddTiaBadd Posts: 104 Member
    edited July 2014
    lanlyn wrote:
    Devalaous wrote:
    ...I wish newer worlds had proper NPCs and bios, eventually they just stopped giving service NPCs traits at all, and made all sims have the exact same bio. Compare to Barnacle Bay, the world everyone hates, this world gives every single NPC and premade family an interesting trait set, and a personal bio...

I have a household living in BB. I like it there. I'm trying to use it as another alternative to IP. I've already placed a couple of dive lots. Actually, I've been exploring a few of the older worlds I've never used before: Twinbrook, Lunar Lakes, Appaloosa Plains, Hidden Springs.

Sunlit Tides is a better alternative to IP, tropical and less buggy.
    Twinbrook is boring, just never got into it. Appaloosa Plains is pretty good if you really into the pets and a western feel. Hidden Springs is nice, just chill small little town.
    edited July 2014
    TiaBadd wrote:
    Sunlit Tides is a better alternative to IP, tropical and less buggy.
    Twinbrook is boring, just never got into it. Appaloosa Plains is pretty good if you really into the pets and a western feel. Hidden Springs is nice, just chill small little town.
    I don't have Sunlit Tides, but I know a lot of people love it. After I bought IP and then BB (and Starlight Shores w/Showtime), I didn't know whether I wanted another beach world. I think if I get another world, it might be Lucky Palms, just because the desert look would be different.

I like AP because of the open, green countryside. HS is beautiful too. I haven't gotten into Twinbrook really, but it seems to have a small town feel to it--and some unique characters--maybe TOO unique!