Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Who else is not getting their hopes up for this release ... ?

Or, at least not until MUCH later.

Not to be pessimistic or anything, but, after investing on all the SP, Worlds, & EP's for The Sims 3, I will need to actually SEE POST RELEASE and after a couple of EP's that the upgrade is actually worth it.

I wonder if this is just me ... :shock:

Comments

• SimChic1SimChic1 Posts: 3,449 Member
    edited July 2014
    Same here. I hate a lot of aspects/changes done to this game.
  • HaidenHaiden Posts: 3,841 Member
    edited July 2014
    I will be an emotional wreck by the time it comes out :mrgreen:
  • halimali1980halimali1980 Posts: 8,246 Member
    edited July 2014
    Many things downgraded in the game and my hopes are downgraded too. I was angry a bit. but now I'm OK and taking the worst scenario case in everything I read about the game. :lol:
    Everything I post is an opinion here and I think every post of others is as well.
    giphy.gif
  • GameLover16GameLover16 Posts: 361 Member
    edited July 2014
    Not at all. I have no hope for this game.
  • EuanSimEuanSim Posts: 2,345 Member
    edited July 2014
    I'm actually still looking forward to it, purely because it's a sims game. Whether or not I will enjoy it is different.
  • MiguelRey16MiguelRey16 Posts: 57
    edited July 2014
    My hopes were thrown into a pool by toddlers and drowned along time ago.
  • GBA91101Nver4getGBA91101Nver4get Posts: 4,965 Member
    edited July 2014
    I don't have my hopes up at all for this release. At first I was excited for the sims 4 but the more I hear about it the more I'm disappointed by it.
    Nobody does it better, Steve Jobs you simply are the best RIP 10-5-11
  • rebekah512rebekah512 Posts: 881 Member
    edited July 2014
    I will not pay a premium price for 2/3s of a game.

But like most of us here, I still want to love the Sims. So, I will not be pre-ordering, but I will be watching for reviews and LPs after launch, and hope that I'll find something to fall in love with.
  • NezImaniNezImani Posts: 1,016 Member
    edited July 2014
    EuanSim wrote:
    I'm actually still looking forward to it, purely because it's a sims game. Whether or not I will enjoy it is different.

:mrgreen: I'm not going to lie.

At first, this is what I thought too! But, idk. I have learned from every Sims 3 release experience to take all the hype, advertising/marketing with a tiny grain of salt.

I do hope the Mac version is not released too far ahead though if I do eventually see POST PC RELEASE that it's worthwhile. That is definitely NOT fair at all for us Mac Folk. I wonder if the fact that it's not available for Mac one of the reasons I am not converting just yet... :XD:
    edited July 2014
    My hopes were thrown into a pool by toddlers and drowned along time ago.

:lol::mrgreen::lol::mrgreen::lol:
  • LOVE_LOCKDOWNLOVE_LOCKDOWN Posts: 324 Member
    edited July 2014
    The only reason I'm still getting the game is because my bestfriend is buying it for me lol
    http://sir-greendown.tumblr.com/
    2i0aybc.jpg

To find these sims4 creations type SOULB1 under origin ID.

edited July 2014
    SimChic1 wrote:

Totally off-topic, but, your signature is too funny :lol:
    edited July 2014
    The only reason I'm still getting the game is because my bestfriend is buying it for me lol

If that was my case, yup. I would be getting it as well :mrgreen:

P.S. Just for that, your best friend's awesome!
  • SimChic1SimChic1 Posts: 3,449 Member
    edited July 2014
    NezImani wrote:
    SimChic1 wrote:

Totally off-topic, but, your signature is too funny :lol:
    XD Thank you :-)
  • TheMomminatorTheMomminator Posts: 4,215 Member
    edited July 2014
    I was so excited for this game but lately they've just killed that. Right now I don't plan to re-order or buy it on release. I'll wait until Christmas or later. I have TS3 which I love and is complete. I don't have to jump at this one.

Unless of course they start showing us actual gameplay and it's fabulous. In that case I won't be able to get my card out of my wallet fast enough. I'm a fickle creature.
  • delonarieldelonariel Posts: 615 New Member
    edited July 2014
    Well there's a clear rift between being excited and not getting my hopes up. I like most of the changes they've made for the game, I think it looks great, but I just can't get over teens/toddlers and I've long since lost any hope that EA can make sims games that don't try to eat themselves alive.

It's a rocky ride.
    edited July 2014
    I was so excited for this game but lately they've just killed that. Right now I don't plan to re-order or buy it on release. I'll wait until Christmas or later. I have TS3 which I love and is complete. I don't have to jump at this one.

Unless of course they start showing us actual gameplay and it's fabulous. In that case I won't be able to get my card out of my wallet fast enough. I'm a fickle creature.

I am with you 100% 8)
    edited July 2014
    delonariel wrote:
    Well there's a clear rift between being excited and not getting my hopes up. I like most of the changes they've made for the game, I think it looks great, but I just can't get over teens/toddlers and I've long since lost any hope that EA can make sims games that don't try to eat themselves alive.

It's a rocky ride.

:lol: @ "make sims games that don't try to eat themselves alive"

.. If only it wasn't true :XD:
  • GBA91101Nver4getGBA91101Nver4get Posts: 4,965 Member
    edited July 2014
    Right there with ya, I'm really enjoying the sims 3 and it's complete. I have all of the EPs/SPs and the game is still a lot of fun for me. At first I was excited about the sims 4 but after everything that's been removed it just seems like a shell of a game now. At least in the sims 3 base game we have toddlers and pools. :)
    Nobody does it better, Steve Jobs you simply are the best RIP 10-5-11
  • BudgieSimBoyBudgieSimBoy Posts: 139 Member
    edited July 2014
    Will be waiting with so many things taken out of the base game that were in the previous base games
    I will be waiting “Independent” reviews. And maybe just maybe after a period of patching and even after the first Ep I just might purchase. all the other version of the Sims I brought in the first fortnight.

Must admit my expectations are low..
  • JULES1111JULES1111 Posts: 4,489 Member
    edited July 2014
    I was excited, but with the loss of my toddlers now i'm just numb. Every negative thing that comes out i'm just like ya of course :roll: Every lil tigbit of something that earlier I would have enjoyed im just like Zzzzzzzz ya so what :roll:
  • Aotearoa13Aotearoa13 Posts: 309 Member
    edited July 2014
    I'm just waiting for final confirmation that the 'clubs' are just empty do-it-yourself places. No bartenders, no DJs(actually we already know that) and once stupid Babs is pregnant or dead, the tiki bar won't have any point to it.

But you can download a piano player from the gallery and drop her right into the game! You'll need to - there won't be anything else going on.
  • Starglitters9909Starglitters9909 Posts: 2,524 Member
    edited July 2014
    I am going to have to see a lot more than I have been shown before I even consider buying this game. There is nothing in the game that excites me. :roll:
    6cca377d-2512-4319-9ce5-8f4c646cf7f8_zpsa768ec53.jpg
    edited July 2014
    Right there with ya, I'm really enjoying the sims 3 and it's complete. I have all of the EPs/SPs and the game is still a lot of fun for me. At first I was excited about the sims 4 but after everything that's been removed it just seems like a shell of a game now. At least in the sims 3 base game we have toddlers and pools. :)

Exactly! I am very appreciative of my pools and toddlers right about now :lol:
    edited July 2014
    I am going to have to see a lot more than I have been shown before I even consider buying this game. There is nothing in the game that excites me. :roll:

Right!?

I saw the graphics/CAS/Buildmode, and was wowed away. Then I saw all the things it was not going to have right off the bat. and then I was unwowed way. After having the sims 3 be this complete, I am wondering what will the sims 4 actually have that the sims 3 doesn't already.