Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Supernatural Adoption

I don't adopt babies in game very often, (I have the woohoo mod and change the settings so they can woohoo at will...I usually end up with more unwanted pregnancies than I know what to do with! lol), but with the sim couple I am playing now I have adopted two boys (they are infertile...like seriously. I even used a Procreation Elixir and NADA! lol)and BOTH babies are Supernaturals! One is a fairy, the other is a witch! I am very happy, but surprised. I have never received a supernatural baby from adoption before!

Am I just behind the times, or is this kinda rare? Anyone wanna weigh in? :)

Happy simming!

Comments

• Options
    FairyLights1FairyLights1 Posts: 759 Member
    edited July 2014
    Are you in Moonlight Falls? That seems to be the only place with fairy townies and such, at least in my game it is.
  • Options
    PrincessRainbowPrincessRainbow Posts: 132 Member
    edited July 2014
    Newp! Appaloosa Plains! :D
  • Options
    TheBlackRose0990TheBlackRose0990 Posts: 67 New Member
    edited July 2014
    wow I've never had a sim that couldn't have a baby. I had no idea that could happen.
  • Options
    lauravonawesomelauravonawesome Posts: 2,905 Member
    edited July 2014
    wow I've never had a sim that couldn't have a baby. I had no idea that could happen.

It happened to me once. I had a Sim who was (or at least seemed to be) infertile. I was eventually able to get her to have a baby, but it took me upwards of 60 tries... I sent her and her husband to City Hall, and just spammed the Try For Baby interaction over and over and over.

Thinking back, her husband may have been the problem. After he died, she woohooed with her new boyfriend and got pregnant immediately. It was weird.
    I own the store, as of 12/16/17!| Thank you | Friends?| DD Rotation & Sales Help

anigif_enhanced-19003-1450118526-12.gif
  • Options
    TheBlackRose0990TheBlackRose0990 Posts: 67 New Member
    edited July 2014
    That's interesting. I only have couples adopt if they're gay, I've never had a need to otherwise. I guess its kinda cool that in some rare cases that they can't. Gives a purpose to the adopt option other than for gay couples.
  • Options
    secretuk1965secretuk1965 Posts: 5,341 Member
    edited July 2014
    I think getting a supernatural adoption is more common if there are not many of them in your game, my sims adopted a baby and it was a vampire, they are both human sims, I did get a fairy once to I play in a custom world with supernatural ticked so there are not many as the town all started human.
  • Options
    PrincessRainbowPrincessRainbow Posts: 132 Member
    edited July 2014
    I was kinda planning (in my head) on them having difficulties having a baby anyway....but I really didn't think it'd be THIS difficult! lol I thought the elixir would have produced at least one! If not twins...but no. I could get the fertility booster with lifetime points, if I really wanted to, but I don't. lol It works for their back story, so I am just going to go with it. I think I am going to get another Procreation Elixir and try again...see what happens!