Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

So, what's the deal with Inter World Travel?

I have questions about interworld travel, yet don't have twitter.

The gurus said that while you're in one lot, the simulation is running on all of the other lots in real time. I like this, however, I don't understand what this means with inter world travel. Does that mean that, if you decide to send the sibling of one family to world B that the simulation is going to be running for both world A and world B? That seems like a tall order. Is the simulation just running for the lots that your sims are on then?

Comments

• Options
    juncedajunceda Posts: 2,614 Member
    edited July 2014
    I think I read somewhere Graham said the simulation goes on inside the same neighbourhood, but if you travell to another neighbourhood it will be the way it is now in TS3 when you travell to world´s adventures worlds or to University or into the future
    firma_zps7hsuhx2i.png

I can play at last TS2 TS3 and TS4 So great that toddlers are here!!!
  • Options
    BadmagicBadmagic Posts: 1,610 Member
    edited July 2014
    Only a dev can give you a strait answer on that but they don't seem to like giving strait answers so...

In speculation I expect it to be fudged like City's populations, they said it was real calculations into that pre-launch and well, it wasn't, just a fudge scrip post around 500 population.

At best I would expect nothing more than a popup every few minutes based on a dice roll of "what undesirable wacky crap can we tell them is happening off screen."

Cause keep in mind, "weirder more intuitive emotional and tactile stories"...
  • Options
    HegginHeggin Posts: 69 Member
    edited July 2014
    junceda wrote:
    I think I read somewhere Graham said the simulation goes on inside the same neighbourhood, but if you travell to another neighbourhood it will be the way it is now in TS3 when you travell to world´s adventures worlds or to University or into the future

Just curious - How does that work actually? I don't have these EPs so I don't know... :oops:
    Does it work like going to a Community Lot in Sims 2 (Leaving and returning in the exact same time and day)?
  • Options
    juncedajunceda Posts: 2,614 Member
    edited July 2014
    Yes, that´s the way it works, you leave your world, go on vacation for three to seven days and you come back to the same time you left.

I have nraas mod to travell to any world I have installed and it works this way also, you don´t lose your relationships nor anything but you come back to the same time you left, it is what I expect from TS4, you play other worlds like you played the community lots in TS2.

That´s why I created Marshtown, where University is built inside the living world so you can send your children to Uni and have them at home for holidays :lol:
    firma_zps7hsuhx2i.png

I can play at last TS2 TS3 and TS4 So great that toddlers are here!!!
  • Options
    Tnck34Tnck34 Posts: 18 Member
    edited July 2014
    This is what I found on twitter, SimsVIP posted these tweets from monday

Open Plumbob @OpenPlumbob @SimGuruGrant I’m a bit confused. Will we be able to travel (vacation like) between worlds in The Sims 4? Let's say Willow Creeks, and another
    Grant Rodiek @SimGuruGrant
    @OpenPlumbob Yes! My Sim who lives in World A can visit a friend in World B. Or, move from World B to World A.

Avatar Aang (坂田銀時) @Aang741 @SimGuruGrant And I will not lost relationships with the other world In the situation if a want to move definitely from the world A to B?
    Grant Rodiek @SimGuruGrant @Aang741 No. You will not lose relationships.

Sims Soul @Sims_Soul @SimGuruGrant Can a Sim that is visiting, sleep for a night (or more) in world B (may be in a relative house) and then come back to world A?
    Grant Rodiek @SimGuruGrant @Sims_Soul If they let you in? Sure! I assume you're on good terms with your relatives?

Planet Clementine @PlanetClemntine @SimGuruGrant When a sim visits another world, what happens to household members back home? Can you easily jump back to them? Away actions?
    Grant Rodiek @SimGuruGrant @PlanetClemntine You can easily jump back to them and give them high level actions.

Planet Clementine @PlanetClemntine @SimGuruGrant @Aang741 Maybe the question is, can more than one member of a household visit another world, leaving others behind?
    Grant Rodiek @SimGuruGrant @PlanetClemntine @Aang741 Let's say I have a family of 4 Sims. I can send Sim 1 to the park in another world and leave the others home.
    @PlanetClemntine @Aang741 To continue that, while Sim 1 is at the park, I can switch control back to the other 3 Sims at home.

Planet Clementine @PlanetClemntine @SimGuruGrant @Aang741 Or, once there are more than 2 worlds, can household member 1 visit one world, 2 a second world, and some stay home?
    Grant Rodiek @SimGuruGrant @PlanetClemntine @Aang741 Yes. You can visit different worlds just like you can visit different lots.

• Options
    DeajessDeajess Posts: 63 Member
    edited July 2014
    I thought SimGuruGrant said that we can easily jump back to our household while for example one member is in another world and he compares visiting other worlds with visiting other lots!?

That suggests that the time is still progressing in world A while your other Sim is in world B. Or do I misinterpret this?

Oh.. sorry didn't see the post above while typing :oops:
  • Options
    LovenVincentLovenVincent Posts: 1,222 Member
    edited July 2014
    Time also passes unlike the example with the sims 2. (if i remember correctly) even if you left,time still passes and one reason for the multi options for aging on all lots (your own,others or the whole world) this is also the reason for the *high level* tasks. for them to do while your away.
    0sig_YunaTidus_animated.gif

Origin: Damian_Nyx
  • Options
    LovenVincentLovenVincent Posts: 1,222 Member
    edited July 2014
    Deajess wrote:
    I thought SimGuruGrant said that we can easily jump back to our household while for example one member is in another world and he compares visiting other worlds with visiting other lots!?

That suggests that the time is still progressing in world A while your other Sim is in world B. Or do I misinterpret this?

Oh.. sorry didn't see the post above while typing :oops:

Correct
    0sig_YunaTidus_animated.gif

Origin: Damian_Nyx
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    one of the things that I find most interesting is the moving to another world and not losing your relationships, I think that is going to be cool, your adult sim can move to another world and still know who their family is...that is new as far as I know
  • Options
    Banksy33Banksy33 Posts: 243 Member
    edited July 2014
    Both traveling between neighborhoods and worlds work the same.

Time continues to pass if you have left sims behind and you can swap freely between sims in neighborhoods or traveling to another world.
    Grant said "You can easily jump back to them and give them high level actions"

so for those saying it works the same as sims 3 worlds are wrong. You can't freely swap while sims are currently away. where as in the sims 4 traveling to another world is as easy as visiting another lot.
    SimGuruGrant - Via Twitter:

"Let's say I have a family of 4 Sims. I can send Sim 1 to the park in another world and leave the others home."

"To continue that, while Sim 1 is at the park, I can switch control back to the other 3 Sims at home."

• Options
    edited July 2014
    maybe that will mean that if they come out with a college one again, that you can actually play your family while your young adult is away at college and still give them actions to do....that would be awesome
  • Options
    CK213CK213 Posts: 20,529 Member
    edited July 2014
    I will have to see this in action in the finished game. :P
    It could be very cool, or it could cause issues, or it could simply change and be scaled back because they could not make it work satisfactorily before the ship date.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Options
    niac1234niac1234 Posts: 6,735 Member
    edited July 2014
    Tnck34 wrote:
    maybe that will mean that if they come out with a college one again, that you can actually play your family while your young adult is away at college and still give them actions to do....that would be awesome

That's what I'm hoping for. That's also what they are eluding to. It would be the first good news about the game in a long time. EA has been known to disappoint though...
  • Options
    Damienf519Damienf519 Posts: 6,993 Member
    edited July 2014
    Its already be confirmed by the gurus that we can travel between worlds with out a hitch, not just neighborhoods.

Traveling between worlds - SimGuru info, with updated SimGuru tweets on p. 2 6/30
    http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/760099.page

I really hope they make some kind of world creation tool for the Sims 4.
  • Options
    Kail16Kail16 Posts: 3,051 Member
    edited July 2014
    I'm really going to love this feature. I'm going to have my worlds specialized for certain sorts of activities and entertainment.
  • Options
    pguidapguida Posts: 7,481 Member
    edited July 2014
    There needs to be inter-world travel since it takes 4 TS4 worlds and 20 of their neighborhoods to match the number of lots in a single, open, freely roaming one TS3 world.
  • Options
    Banksy33Banksy33 Posts: 243 Member
    edited July 2014
    pguida wrote:
    There needs to be inter-world travel since it takes 4 TS4 worlds and 20 of their neighborhoods to match the number of lots in a single, open, freely roaming one TS3 world.

I would take that over a dead sims 3 town any day, thanks.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Banksy33 wrote:
    pguida wrote:

I am also looking forward to having a living world.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Banksy33 wrote:
    pguida wrote:

Have they made those?

Because I hit the gym and see as many sims as I see in TS4 trailers.

In fact, gurus confirmed TS4 can only simulate up to 20 sims, including your own, at once.

At any time of the day I find over 20 sims out and about in a TS3 town.

Surely, my PC isn't 10 years old and I had to go through the trouble of overhauling my town to include lots from different EPs...

But I'd like to have these people who say TS3 is a ghost town to shoot a video and show me you going to lot after lot and not encountering any sims.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    pguida wrote:

Twenty times five is one hundred. Its been confirmed that Willow Creek has least six neighborhoods. So we know there can at least be up to six neighborhoods in one world. With up to five lots per neighborhood that comes to a maximum of thirty lots.

If and when we're able to create our own worlds for the Sims 4, we could create multiple worlds and pretend they're all part of one big city. If we make one world for our downtown area and another for our subburbs, just two worlds, that comes to sixty lots if we set if up so each neighborhood has a maximum of five. That's actually bigger than many of the store worlds.

Plus I'm not a hundred percent sure the five lot limit will be strict maximum or just a rule for EA. I don't know if they're let people create custom worlds with more than five lots per neighborhood. It might be possible to do so with whatever world creation tool they happen to release. People with slow computers through might have some trouble with running those large custom worlds through.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    pguida wrote:
    Banksy33 wrote:
    pguida wrote:

Have they made those?

Because I hit the gym and see as many sims as I see in TS4 trailers.

In fact, gurus confirmed TS4 can only simulate up to 20 sims, including your own, at once.

At any time of the day I find over 20 sims out and about in a TS3 town.

Surely, my PC isn't 10 years old and I had to go through the trouble of overhauling my town to include lots from different EPs...

But I'd like to have these people who say TS3 is a ghost town to shoot a video and show me you going to lot after lot and not encountering any sims.

Its a ghost town as far as I'm concerned if its not common to come across more than two sims on a lot, or if the lots tend to be empty when you arrive no matter what time of day it is.

Also in the Sims 4, the Sims on inactive lots will still be there. They'll just be invisible.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Damienf519 wrote:
    pguida wrote:

Twenty times five is one hundred. Its been confirmed that Willow Creek has least six neighborhoods. So we know there can at least be up to six neighborhoods in one world. With up to five lots per neighborhood that comes to a maximum of thirty lots.

No. One of that neighborhoods is one lot. A park. It has also been confirmed that not all other five neighborhoods has five lots.

Don't lie to try and make an argument.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    pguida wrote:
    Damienf519 wrote:
    pguida wrote:

No. One of that neighborhoods is one lot. A park. It has also been confirmed that not all other five neighborhoods has five lots.

Don't lie to try and make an argument.

Accusing someone of being a liar, that's a bit much perhaps he could be mistaken.

• Options
    edited July 2014
    Damienf519 wrote:
    Its a ghost town as far as I'm concerned if its not common to come across more than two sims on a lot, or if the lots tend to be empty when you arrive no matter what time of day it is.

Also in the Sims 4, the Sims on inactive lots will still be there. They'll just be invisible.

You should either upgrade your PC or your town.

I, and many other I've talked to in the forums, find many more sims.

Nightclubs and bars are dead, I give you that.

But going to the festival grounds, gym, carnioval, geek store, bakery... Plenty of sims.

TS4 won't have many sims around. The limit, including your own, is 20.

They just made the playable area so tiny, that it may look like a crowd.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Kail16 wrote:
    Accusing someone of being a liar, that's a bit much perhaps he could be mistaken.

Great point. I'll amend that. Either he lies or talks about thing he doesn't have enough knowledge to talk about.