Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Suggestion Box

Okay, so my friend and I have been talking about this for a while. Does The Sims have a suggestion box? We have so many things that would be great for Sims.

For example, what if we could actually go into the rabbit holes with our sims? What about going to school with the child or teen in your house hold? Answering questions? Maybe a food fight? Getting sent to the principal's office and having to show a note from the school to their parents.

What if your sims could go to the mall? They could make spin offs of real stores. Rue 21 becomes Hot 22. Spencer's becomes Piper's. Hot Topic becomes Cool Subject.

All the things that happen in real life could be put into the game as different expansion packs and just have fun. Maybe relive your childhood, or make a new future. Or even do things your Sim needs, like gong to the dentist or getting a check up at the doctors.

Comments

• phineas1920phineas1920 Posts: 935 Member
    edited June 2014
    There's an Ideas and Feedback section of the forum. That's their suggestion box.
    5fhzzo.jpg
  • FluorescentSoapFluorescentSoap Posts: 1,472 Member
    edited June 2014
    http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/forums/show/207.page The Ideas and Feedback thread is generally used for that and also the store thread I believe in relations to ideas for the store.
    tumblr_inline_oqdvr8Z3jV1qbd7br_540.gif
    ⌠ Team Holy Hêll ⌡ [Currently playing TS4]
  • lisasc360lisasc360 Posts: 19,255 Member
    edited June 2014
    Hello and welcome to the forums... :)

Now if you are asking for this for TS3, then EA is done making EP's and SP's for TS3. They are only making stuff for the store now.

Now if you are asking for this for TS4, then you need to post your ideas in The Sims 4 forum section at the bottom of the forum index page as most topics about TS4 goes there.
    http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/forums/show/598.page
  • DDrake22DDrake22 Posts: 1 New Member
    I think you should make a seasons pack for sims 4
  • dylana09876dylana09876 Posts: 1 New Member
    I suggest an adjustable lifespan. I personally feel that the normal lifespan is too short and the long life span is too long, so it would be great if i were able to find the happy medium that worked for me. thanks!!
  • anniellizzyanniellizzy Posts: 2 New Member
    I think you should make a fashion designer job and have you sims be able to create their own clothing piece by piece and dye it different colors.
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    I think you should make a fashion designer job and have you sims be able to create their own clothing piece by piece and dye it different colors.

You're a new member so I'll tell you that reopening an old thread is against forum rules. This is a year and a half old. I know you can't start a thread yet, but be careful of the age of the last post. I'm going to give you a LIKE to help you earn points to help get past the NEW part. This thread may be closed.
  • scottbondscottbond Posts: 1 New Member
    I think they should add a religions pack, i was thinking it would add a creative aspect to the game, throw in some added drama. as well as make the game more personalized. I was thinking of this because i was trying to make my best friend on sims and He's Muslim and i was like huh that would be neat if i could add that in.
  • Dellimaccas123Dellimaccas123 Posts: 94 Member
    I love the sims 4 but i dont love the babies that was one of my favourite parts of the game in sims 3 and now you cant even see if you baby is upset or s hungry or need attention it just like having a pet you cant select it to see whats wrong you have to just keep trying stuff till it works and there stuck constantly in the bassinet and its lame

wouldn't it be amazing if the sims team made an expansion or game pack for babies with different activities to do with your little one
    like scans for your pregnant sim, check ups at your doctor or call out from the midwife to check on the babies if that was easier to make happen, prams so you could take your babies with you, the option to take them out of their bassinets and put them were ever like you could in sims 3, some new items like clothes for your baby and furniture like cribs and prams change tables baby rockers also a new interactive career like daycare with babies involved too
  • Sims_4_Dino_LoverSims_4_Dino_Lover Posts: 50 Member
    Hey I am suggesting you guys make some expansion packs free the ones that should be free are: Cats and Dogs, The Sims 4 Deluxe Party Edition, City living, and Get to work. You should especially make The Sims 4 Deluxe Party Edition FREE! I mean who wants to pay $60 for a party edition?! Now I have to make $40 FOR THE CATS AND DOGS!!! 😱😭👎🏻 PLEASE PRETTY PLEASE 🙏🏻 🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻 MAKE THE CATSAN FOGS FREE OR YOUR GONNA MAKE ME CRY!!!
    Hi
  • Sims_4_Dino_LoverSims_4_Dino_Lover Posts: 50 Member
    Anyone else getting mad about this or is it just me?!
    Hi
  • CbehmlandCbehmland Posts: 1 New Member
    I was pondering a few things that I feel would improve the build mode. Ceiling fans with lights would be awesome. Also egress windows to get some natural light into the basements. How about "sculpture" water heater and furnace and air conditioner? Is there a possibility of vehicles? Garages in TS3 with vehicles was awesome and added a more realistic feel to the game in general. Just some random thoughts....
  • TalesOfAnaraTalesOfAnara Posts: 1 New Member
    The ability to put stairs around corner and spiral stairs would be amazing! Also vehicles and garages would be good. And more varieties of pets.
  • blockhart93blockhart93 Posts: 56 Member
    Can we PLEASE get some more stylish shoes for women! The women's sneakers collection, heels, and flats need better options! The heels are very outdated. They look like older women's dress shoes. The women only have like 4 pairs of sneakers n only like 2 are cute/decent. The rest are very masculine looking. Study women's tennis shoes for 2019. They have come a long way! I never wear flats in Sims 4 because none of the flats are cute at all

Can we pls get the inheritance feature back from Sims 2. In sims 2 if your sims died their kids, closest family members etc inherited all the profits they made (or a portion of it depending on how many kids they had, etc.)
    In my game I built a home that I want to be passed down to any future generations. It's unfair that something I created for their family; they have to rebuy when the parents pass away. Family photos are lost, etc!

More black American hairstyles for toddlers n kids pls!
  • blockhart93blockhart93 Posts: 56 Member
    edited June 2019
    I would like maybe a singing branch in the entertainer career
    N singing voice that matches our sim's voices
    The ability to have a band again like in sim's 3!

Setting hours/ days of operation for our sim owned businesses.
    Post edited by blockhart93 on
  • UndercoverNerdUndercoverNerd Posts: 3 New Member
    I would like to recommend a Honeymoon retreat expansion pack. We’ve been having sims get married for years with no honeymoon vacation to take them on. It should be a new place that can be visited for days the same as any other travel expansion pack. However, it will encompass a hotel, a spa, a restaurant, and water park, etc. it would be cool if the creators found a way to do like a cruise ship setting.
  • UndercoverNerdUndercoverNerd Posts: 3 New Member
    Also, they should bring back the college expansion for sims 4.
  • Raesimonee_Raesimonee_ Posts: 2 New Member
    I think the idea of having a university expansion pack would be awesome. Like a spin-off of the sims 2 university but better and more realistic. Parents could help teens apply for colleges, they could take extra credit classes, pick which university they’d like to attend and we could travel with them. They’re performance can depict how advanced they’re classes are and determine how long they stay in school. It could add reality to the parenthood expansion pack, add a well needed transition to adulthood and add a new world to the game filled with universities, clubs and rental spaces.
  • Raesimonee_Raesimonee_ Posts: 2 New Member
    Also adding vehicles and making them as realistic as in Sims 2 would be mind blowing. Sims 2 was so realistic and animated that it had to be one of my most favorite versions of the game. Please bring back the cars and university life. I’ve been a Sims game owner since the first sims came out and have been playing ever since. I think I speak for every true sims player when I say we need some of those old features back. If you do this no other simulation games could touch yours ever.
  • KayKayLove13KayKayLove13 Posts: 2 New Member
    I have so many complaints with the sims 4. I had such high high hopes for it when it initially came out because the graphics were awesome and the create a sim gave me so much creative leeway to make my sim look the way I want them too and custom content make them so much better. I thought with better graphics it could pave some kind of way for Better content. After all that’s the whole point of moving from sims 3 to sims 4. I bought a few game packs and expansion packs and have regretted it after about an hour when I have already experienced everything it had to offer. Vampires, City Living, Get to Work, Parenthood and Dine Out. I’ll be an idiot to buy another pack thinking it’ll get better when it’s getting worse. I fell for sims 3 and it was the first sims that I’ve played. I loved how it was packed with so much gameplay that even after so many years of playing I was still discovering new things about it. The new sims 4 is lacking content. I makes me want to laugh hysterically because they had probably had a meeting and decided that the most of their worries came from how they branded the game. I looked at the preview of the designs and I personally thought they looked horrid but that’s for another time. EA YOUR BIGGEST PROBLEM COMES FROM LACK OF GOOD CONTENT. If you combined sims 2 and sims 3 gameplay I’ll probably never leave my house. I might have even turned myself into a sim or something. I might even invent a way to jump inside of the game and never leave.

Some general complaints that I have are the closed worlds. It’s stupid that I’m order to visit my neighbour I have to go through a loading screen whether it’s in a neighbourhood or apartment style. Like, why? Who thought that was a good idea when they had those meeting to discuss how they were going to create the world???? The world should be open like the sims 3. Unless you’re switching between different worlds like oasis springs and the magnolia promenade (I think that’s what it’s called) then yeah it makes sense that you’d have to go through a loading screen.

Second. Who thought it was a good idea to remove the transportation aspect and replace it with just a loading screen??? I missed owning a car. I thought it would be so cool to see how they would incorporate that in the game when Sims 4 first came out but they removed it entirely which I think takes away from the realism of the game even though it’s just a game. They need to bring that back most certainly if they decided to open the world again as I have suggested earlier. That way when you travel with someone they can get in the car with you and they could’ve added a car seat aspect for those who choose to have babies or toddlers which I’m glad they brought back because I don’t know who’s dumb idea it wasn’t to get rid of them in the first place. You should be able to walk or use a bike, car or helicopter for means of transportation when going to gym or library or wherever in the world your in. I like how we have these trains and street cars that pass by just as decorations instead of actually being able to use them. Note my sarcasm. It’s dumb. I don’t need them more decorations. I need things that my sims can actually use inside of the game.

Number 3 and this is one of my biggest complaints which are the babies.They suck. They are basically decorations too. They might as well not exist if they can’t live beyond the bassinet. They are like a lump and it’s so annoying. You should be able to walk around with them in your arms and pass them to another sim to hold like in the sims 2. The only aspect that I thought was good was that you could choose to either breastfeed them or use a bottle. They need to bring back the changing stations and an open to warm the babies bottle if you’re choosing to feed them by bottle. I like the fact that you can’t see which of their motives are down because irl you wouldn’t know if a baby is exactly crying because they are tired or hungry or just wet so that aspect I don’t have a problem with. You should also be able to dress the babies in onesies or something instead of just getting the default clothing item that they wear. AGAIN IF WE HAD CAR SEATS WITH THIS KIND OF BABY UPDATE IT WOULD BE WONDERFUL ADDITION.

Toddles.
    I’m glad they came to their senses and brought them back because I fear to think about the future of the sims if they didn’t. Toddles should be able to crawl by default. It does make things a little easier they learn to walk but we should have the option to teach them to talk and to walk as In the sims 3. They should add a play pen that we could put them in to keep them occupied. They should return the aspect of using a blender in order to feed them the normal food that sums eat but just as an option and not a mandatory or default thing. I love the fact that they throw tantrums and wander off and make a mess because they really make them more realistic and I love the toddler only traits of being independant or a charmer or clingy. I also love that they can use tablet and flash cards as other alternatives to learn. I love that they can crawl down the stairs and run as they build motor skills. There’s not much complaints to toddles as they have been improved a lot. Also love that they can interact with pretty much everyone including another toddler which wasn’t possible in the sims 3. However I do think they should return the strollers so that we can take them for a walk.

Another thing. School. The only thing I enjoy are the events that happen at school and you can choose how they react to it like when adults sims are work and offered choice with things. I love that they can do extra credit work and projects to raise their grade however I do have some complaints that should have been taken care of in parent hood and I’ll get to that in a bit.

Water
    Again with the decoration. Why is the water their if the sims can’t swim in it. Only fish??? Like, why???? I think it would be nice if could allow sims to be able to swim in the water instead of only pools. What if I don’t want to build or spend money on a pool on my lot? That means I’ll never see my sims in their swimsuits unless I make them randomly change into it which is dumb and pointless.

Those are just a few base game complaints that I have. I probably have more but there’s so much to say about everything I think I’m leaving a lot out but I think so far some of you can agree with me. I don’t hate them sims entirely I’m just disappointed. I know making the sims as it is now takes a lot of money and time and resources but if they could spend all of that on cover art and loading screens then why can’t we get better gameplay? That’s more important than a new menu or shinier plumbob that doesn’t even need changing and a lot of people are upset over it because they see it as a step down from what they originally put out and I agree. If it’s not broken why fix it? I don’t care how long it takes. A year or two years or even 10 to get the sims that we deserve because when it’s released it’ll be worth the wait. I like that all the added content to the game whether it’s game packs of expansion packs are all incorporated into the game and we don’t have to select which ones we want to play with. That right there was brilliance.

Anyway back to the complaints I have with the expansion packs I have with the add on content I bought for the sims 4.

Get to work.
    I like the fact that we can now see and control what I sims do at work AND get to be part of the action BUT why is it only limited but to three careers? Why not all careers that are offered with the sims 4? I understand this would take a lot of time to make happen but still. It would have been worth the wait. Like with showtime for the sims 3 there were sing o grams and you get to be a performer and choose how they present their acts to the sim audience. I think that could be added to the entertainer career. I would be here all day if I spoke how all careers could be more open but that’s just an example and I’ll leave it at that.

Dine out.
    I can’t be the only person thinking that dine out could have been added to get to work??? It’s basically the same concept.

Parenthood.
    We should be able to send our sims to private schools or public schools and there should be more than one that we can send them to. We should be able to see some stuff that they do their like in get to work and help them to make friends and work hard in a test or something. We should also be able to sign them up for extra curriculars like in the sims 3 generations and they should bring home trophies and awards from whatever they participate in and they could be interactive like to get to work as well. We can view what they’re doing. Cheerleading or volleyball and other sports also would be cool. Along with debate club or a writing club or school newspapers. They should also bring back prom for teen sims. What they join should help them to be able to build skills which can help them in careers later on like again in sims 3 generations. I think they could have the aspect of doing laundry like in ambitions and also being able to give our sim kids chores to do and being able to ground them for a few sim days when they do something bad.

City living
    I don’t have a problem with city living though it should be a game pack to me rather than an expansion pack as it’s only and really neat features are the apartments and that they have their own quirks with noisy neighbours and cool festivals and stuff like what sims 3 seasons had.

Vampires.
    Again I don’t really have a complaint with this. I just think that they should not have limited this to just vampires and instead make it a all supernatural thing like in the sims 3. Not everyone wants to be vampires so they are only really catering to a much smaller population of gamer a that actually play the sims 4 and not trying to at least reach a little bit of everyone’s interest like werewolves and witches and fairies and also even zombies and ghosts that can do a lot more than just being able to haunt objects and stuff. They really should have tried to appeal to a general audience rather than just one specific Audience and that’s people who rather prefer vampires. Honestly sims 3 was so much better in that department. Even with plants sims who not just disappear after a few days but they can also bury themselves in the ground like an actual plant which I thought was really really cool and also they could add genies who can grant an even wider range of wishes like the maxing of skills or being more fertile or having a high level carrer. Zombies could make other zombies almost like vampires could just bite regular sims and turn them into vampires also. Zombies could even living underground. Not so much as an underground world or anything but be able to bury themselves in the dirt almost like plants sims in the sims 3 and be able to feed on worse while they are underneath there and be able to sleep that way also? I don’t know I just thought it would be cool. They could eat brains from the refrigerator like they did in sims 3 and possibly go digging for worms in the ground which is another source of food for them. Just a few ideas. They probably didn’t do this because they didn’t want to seem like they are just copying what they did in the sims 3 but they should have just look at it as expanding and making the game better than it was now that they have better software to do it.

Which reminds me. I don’t like the fact that they removed the graveyard aspect. I think they should bring that back because I don’t really like having their tombstones in my lot but I also don’t want to delete it for sentimental reasons.

I’ve never bought not played cats and dogs or island living but from what I’ve heard and seen. Again I don’t think they should appeal to specific audience with cats and dogs but to a general audience where we can have minor pets like birds and guinea pigs and snakes and such rather than just cats and dogs.

With island living I think they should have kept the owning and staying at resorts aspect. They were fun and cool and really are apart of being on an island. Mermaids really should have their own world and be able to interact with it. Their home is literally the sea not on land so I don’t see why they didn’t think to bring this feature back. For the sims 3 island paradise was probably my favourite because we really did get two worlds in one and it was on land and under the sea. You could’ve have caught fishes when diving and found even rare collectibles. That’s definitely something they could have brought back and expand on.

I really do have so much to say about the sims for but I’ll leave this as is. Really I do hope they try to reach us as a general audience and not pick and choose certain aspects and not make a while game like vampires instead of supernaturals. Appeal to everyone and not just a specific demographic. I really do want them to listen to our suggestions and really take them into consideration instead of giving us what they think we want. Lots of us having really good ideas and lots of them aren’t unreasonable or crazy or impossible. I love the sims and I want to get addicted again but that’s hard to do when the gameplay isn’t what it used to be. This is just how I feel so please don’t send hate my way. I realise and appreciate the work they’ve done and I’m not saying they should rush. I’m really patient and I think they could really take the sims to new heights if they focus more on making the gameplay better. For future game packs and stuff packs to come I hope it gets better and I hope to see more improvements.
  • AyKooChaoAyKooChao Posts: 676 Member
    I think there should be a "family" tab in the relationship panel, so you can easily see how close your Sim is to all their living relatives.

Apart from that, there's one minor thing I'd like: a hairstyle like that one from the Cats and Dogs pack (the only medium-length one), but without cat ears. We have different versions of other hairstyles, with and without multicoloured streaks, so I think that's reasonable. I don't have anything against the cat ears, just so you know. I just want some of my Sims to have the actual hair by itself.
    #ConsistencyForAliensTS4
  • DanniiF8DanniiF8 Posts: 6 New Member
    So many people love to make houses why is there still no career in architecture or interior design ??
  • SimsMackSimsMack Posts: 1 New Member
    There is only one item that I want to have in the game really badly. I would like to have the "Festive Ceiling Light", which is in the Holiday Celebration pack, without the garlands on it! The garlands makes it nearly unusable. It would be a beautiful new light in game and it would be really easy. Just changing the skin. Please consider!
  • Jilly_darknessJilly_darkness Posts: 1 New Member
    can we please, please, please, please have functional apartment. like in sims 3 where you could live in apartments and townhouses pleeeeeease this will make all of us leave EA team alone for a good while this would be awesome.
  • checkitoutimklacheckitoutimkla Posts: 1 New Member
    Theme: Sims 4 Financial Security

Hello! I work in financial planning and I grew up playing Sims all the way from the first version of the game. I think it would be not only a great idea, but a great subconscious education tool for future generations that play the game if financial planning was incorporated in the Sims 4 universe. Imagine growing up with a game that has you transfer some of your earnings into a Roth IRA every month (1 week in Sims time) or a percentage of your income into a 401k/403(b)/457 benefit through work. Sims could save for their retirement and have short term and long term financial goals with financial security as an aspiration (I will note that financial security is much different than a goal to be filthy rich and is a more relate-able lifestyle for the majority of both humans who play the game and the sims themselves who are just trying to get by). Each Sim could have a savings account once they reach a certain age (I'm thinking Teen because they can have part-time jobs now) and could begin to save for college or their future residence for when they are old enough to move out. I think having a game that implements money saving strategies would be a huge habit building foundation for the future youth. If you really want to go full out on this idea, Financial Adviser could also be a career with a new lot type being a bank, which evil sims could also try to steal from! I am available for insight or guidance into this idea if this is something the team would like to work on as future content. DM me!