Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims Freeplay

Dear Sims Freeplay,
I installed you for something to do on my phone like on a car trip. I was sad to find that it wasn't actually like playing Sims because if I told my Sim to sleep for 7 hours, I'd have to find a different game for the car trip. The real-time action thing is annoying.

But I put up with it.

I found you were based on micro-transactions that were based on making us frustrated enough to buy things to make actions go faster, but since you provide some of that stuff free...

I put up with it.

As the game continued on, I discovered if I didn't play, my Sims' moods would tank, decaying even when it wasn't running because of the whole realtime thing that an annoying virtual pet, but I could deal with that, as long as they didn't die or anything.

So I put up with it.

The full-screen ads were a pain, and you didn't make that little "x" to get rid of them very easy to see, did you?

I put up with it.

And then I discovered relationship decay. I had two Sims, got them to budding romance as per quest. I kept playing. He had a night time job, she an afternoon job, and because of that blasted realtime action thing, they couldn't talk as much as I liked. I wasn't sure until their relationship bar had dropped to almost back to "good friends." And I uninstalled it immediately. That took what, two days? I may be a bum, but I don't want to be tied to a cell phone game to constantly maintain it. It's like a stinking ball and chain. What if I got them married, had kids? And then put it down for a week or a month because it's a blasted cell phone game and there are more important things? Would they hate each other by the end of it? This is the exact same reason I quit playing the Sims Facebook game because I didn't want to have to log in to Facebook twice a day to remain in a relationship with another Sim. It's a game and I won't have it tie me down like that.

Just wanted you to know.

Comments

• Options
    LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    edited June 2014
    My sister discovered the exact same thing when playing that game. I thought about it until I learned about the Real Time play. There is no way I can or even want to play like that. She got tired of it as well, and took it out of her devise that she had it on as well.
  • Options
    htairchix3htairchix3 Posts: 875 Member
    edited July 2014
    I agree with everything you have said. Then to top it off, we have to kill our Sims just to get ahead in this crazy game. Like you said we have things to do in life, rather then being tied down to our phone. I sure hope they make some changes or i will be dropping this game too. :(
  • Options
    SimsAddiction968SimsAddiction968 Posts: 1,218 Member
    My computer had been down since Christmas and I was having issues not being able to play. FreePlay helped me get through it. The real time thing is a pain, nothing like them being done at 4 am. Ya I'm not getting up for that, they can stand around and do nothing...lol
    HI! My name is SimsAddiction968
    I discovered Sims 1 summer 2001 when my youngest was 1 yr old.
    I bought all Eps & Sps for Sims 2 as they were released.
    I even bought Sims games for our consoles and handhelds.
    I have bought all Sims 3 Eps & Sps as the were released.
    I have held my grandson while playing. He is now 5 and plays FreePlay.
    I have pre ordered Sims 4. I have the Sims 2 mouse and waiting on Sims 4 mouse.
    I have a Freezer Bunny tattoo and a bracelet tattoo of the Sims 2 aspirations.

YES! I am addicted to The Sims no matter the form.
  • Options
    EmzyDalsvidaEmzyDalsvida Posts: 15,617 Member
    IT TAKES OVER YOUR LIFE

ots a good game if ypu have nothing to do with your life though xD
  • Options
    MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    It's going down hill... it was a good game at first then they added death and now I'm not playing it as much. I legit harvest sims for their souls to build places like arcades, beaches, carnivals.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • Options
    wolfkomoki1wolfkomoki1 Posts: 5,053 Member
    Please give us an update that isn't in real time. That is all.
    6JSxk49.png?1
  • Options
    TiffanyLea007TiffanyLea007 Posts: 1,068 Member
    edited September 2014
    I also hate this game. I am dying for a mobile sim game to get me through when I can be on my PC. I hate the real time. Maybe you can have the real time for getting new lots open. But not for the sims themselves. That would be a far trade.
  • Options
    RaynaldRaynald Posts: 2 New Member
    It's getting least interesting since the death update got in. It's getting more frustrating when I just finish downloaded the update it ask me to update the same thing again the next day...
  • Options
    wolfkomoki1wolfkomoki1 Posts: 5,053 Member
    Is boring.
    6JSxk49.png?1