Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Home Designer's Challenge, old thread

Comments

• Options
    SuperPogimonSuperPogimon Posts: 2,429 Member
    edited August 2009
    Hello everyone. This is my 1/3 part of entry for the Home Design Challenge Week Two. My designs are contemporary. I use Red, Black and White for the color basics.
    The house is located at 180 Redwood Pkwy, Sunset Valley on a 30x40 lot size.
    Three of my Sims: Papi (son of the owner), Miss (Papi's girlfriend) and Amboy (Papi's besfriend and brother of Miss) will show you the inside of Papi's 'Crib'.

Screenshot-351.jpg
    GROUND FLOOR PLAN
    Screenshot-339.jpg
    Living Area. Amboy the 'couch potatoe' watching TV.
    Screenshot-340.jpg
    View of Foosball from Living area. Miss playing foosball while Amboy watches TV. I provided floor-to-ceiling windows to allow more view of the outdoor swimming pool and landscape.
    Screenshot-342.jpg
    View of Dining from Living area.
    Screenshot-344.jpg
    View of Dinng area also showing the main entrance/hallway at the back.
    Screenshot-346.jpg
    Top view: here is my solution for the room with attached toilet and bath on the ground floor. I design it into a kitchen. The room is narrow and long. Alteration of walls are not permitted so what i did is to provide a glass partition to make the kitchen open. This alows more light and view of dining/living area from inside.
    Screenshot-347.jpg
    Top view: Papi enjoying his coffee at the kitchen
    Screenshot-348.jpg
    View showing the Dining area, main entrance, and hallway going to stairwell (left turn).
    Screenshot-349.jpg
    Two Toilet and Baths. The left Toilet is attached at the kitchen while the other is provided for the swimming pool use (for shower). I moved the stairs one module downwards to give more space for the (right) toilet and also to make the landing on the second floor more spacious.
    Screenshot-350.jpg
    View of hallway/main entrance, kitchen on the right enclosed by glass partition. Papi and Amboy chatting.

I will be posting the second floor in a minute. Please wait
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    teakersneakersteakersneakers Posts: 1,967 New Member
    edited August 2009
    Nice job!!! :mrgreen: keep it up GoatStabber. BTW is there a story behind your username?
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    SuperPogimon I like your idea of a color theme!! :D
  • Options
    GoatStabberGoatStabber Posts: 876 New Member
    edited August 2009
    Yes but it's very boring so I prefer to let people wonder lol.
  • Options
    tuityfruity12ajtuityfruity12aj Posts: 1,508 Member
    edited August 2009
    Yes but it's very boring so I prefer to let people wonder lol.
    More exciting that way?
  • Options
    GoatStabberGoatStabber Posts: 876 New Member
    edited August 2009
    Exactly.
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Hello this is my 2/3 part of entry for the Home Design Challenge Week 2.

Screenshot-352.jpg
    SECOND FLOOR PLAN
    Screenshot-353.jpg
    View of Reading Area beside Stairwell. Here, you can see that i moved the stairs one module to make it more spacious and give more room on the toilet at ground floor. The reading sofa is surrounded with floor-to-ceiling windows for natural illumination during daylight. Bookshelves installed at the back. You can also have a full view of the outdoor pool and garden.
    Screenshot-372.jpg
    View from Reading area (1) showing the stairs going down, floor-to-ceiling windows, high ceiling and walls adorned with priceless paintings. Papi's father is artistic.
    Screenshot-355.jpg
    View from Reading area (2). Optional: here, I added another room (showing the door)on top of the stairs, this is optional.
    Screenshot-371.jpg
    Optional: Additional Room on top of stairwell. Small but functional. Can be used as a small home office. I installed two wall mirrors to make the room look big. You can see Miss checking herself in the mirror and Amboy using laptop chatting with someone.
    Screenshot-356.jpg
    View of corridor. Papi practicing chess. The household here are quite skillful you can see Skill Certificates displayed on walls.
    Screenshot-358.jpg
    Here is my favorite part of the Second Floor... a view of outdoor pool and landscape from the corridor... nice view!
    Screenshot-360.jpg
    Papi's Bedroom. He's childish and a big fan of Lord Sponge. The room looks like a kid's room :P
    Screenshot-362.jpg
    Papi's view of his stuff and Amboy playing computer games.
    Screenshot-359.jpg
    Toilet and Bath adjacent to Papi's bedroom. Miss is taking a shower here. The area rug is smiling, i think he's seeing something nice :wink:
    Screenshot-365.jpg
    The Master Bedroom. Papi relaxes in her parents bedroom. They are out for a vacation. On the right of the bedroom is a reading area.
    Screenshot-367.jpg
    On the left side of the bed is a Work desk. Papi's parents are workoholic. A portrait of his mother on the wall, painted by his artistic father.
    Screenshot-369.jpg
    Walk-in closet. Wall mirrors are installed to make the room big. Papi popping zits... eeew! :mrgreen:
    Screenshot-370.jpg
    Walk-in closet and Master Toilet and Bath. Red, white and black color combos. Simple design for easy movement.

I will post the last part in a few hours... will showcaese the outdoor view

Thanx hope u like my designs.
  • Options
    Coffefreak4LifeCoffefreak4Life Posts: 8,082 Member
    edited August 2009
    Just under curiosity what did yall think of my house
  • Options
    tuityfruity12ajtuityfruity12aj Posts: 1,508 Member
    edited August 2009
    Ohh my gosh.
    Everyones houses are so cool and unique!
    Mine is dull and general.
    Oh well. :)
    I just need more work on my creativity.
  • Options
    zestysijozestysijo Posts: 137 New Member
    edited August 2009
    Great job you guys! Every challenge I keep expecting to see similar designs from everyone, but no! Everyone's houses have been very unique. In most of them I can barely recognize aimee's original design. I just finished and although I won't be uploading it (still having problems) I will soon post pics on my flickr page. (I'll post a link, but in case you were wondering, my sn is zestysijo for that too)
    So excited!!
  • Options
    Jasnik82Jasnik82 Posts: 917 New Member
    edited August 2009
    Having fun, not quite finished yet. Some great entries so far. Its amazing how different people can take the same shell of a house and interpret it so differently. Well done guys.

Aimee, if you are still stuck for a volunteer voter I do not mind helping out. How about the winner of week two voting in week three and so on. As for a third voter I dont know.

Jasnik :)
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Just a harmless bump .
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    no words from amieyoung... i wonder where she is
    bumpin'
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    im not sure . could be eating its only 6:30 PM where I am not sure where they are .

Either way there are some very nice looking houses made thus far
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    im not sure . could be eating its only 6:30 PM where I am not sure where they are .

Either way there are some very nice looking houses made thus far
    im bored i want to start the next challenge
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Hello everyone this is my 3/3 entry for the Home Design Challenge Week 2. For Interior Design pics of the house please view page 16 of this thread.

Screenshot-373.jpg
    Main Entry. Papi telling Amboy to behave when he's inside the house.
    Screenshot-375.jpg
    Top view: Left side
    Screenshot-376.jpg
    Top view: Right side
    Screenshot-391.jpg
    Front view of the house, daylight
    Screenshot-380.jpg
    View of the house from rear, daylight
    Screenshot-382.jpg
    Front view of the house, night
    Screenshot-381.jpg
    View of the house from rear, night
    Screenshot-377.jpg
    Outdoor swimming pool
    Screenshot-379.jpg
    Outdoor swimming pool with garden and picnic area
    Screenshot-388.jpg
    OOHHH UUUUHHH!!! Papi is going to get in big trouble when his parents come back... tsk tsk tsk!
    Screenshot-389.jpg
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    yeah, I'm ready for the next house!! :D

I was wondering were Aimee is too.
  • Options
    aimeeyoung14aimeeyoung14 Posts: 497 Member
    edited August 2009
    Haha I'm here, I'm here! I'm from Washington state and it's currently 7:07 here. I've been busy this weekend haha.

So I was thinking yes Jasnik82, you can help me vote this week! And this week's winner will be the guest judge with me next week! Forget about a third judge haha. So Jasnik82, who's design do you like best so far?

And I'm thinking about adding a "Special Optional Challenge" this week, to design a house I submit as a haunted house! I think it'd be fun for those who want to do it to be able to! I love designing haunted houses.
    But anyway, keep designing :D
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    My favorites are SuperPogimon's and Marty38's.

And Teakersneakers, let me know when you get your house uploaded! :D
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    bump
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    WOOT! :mrgreen:

Just uploaded my pics!

Week 2 design by the name of "POP culture" (you'll see why)
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/40977969@N07/sets/72157621927986502/

I also made a more compact house that you might like to look at. It's inspired by the creation above.
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/40977969@N07/sets/72157621928109250/?photo_deleted=3783779972

Sorry that neither of these are on the exchange yet, I'm just waiting for it to get fixed. Others have been having the same problem...
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    I like the last two pics pogimon! I have a feeling Papi wouldn't agree with me though...

by the way, pogimon, I've noticed that you really take time to make your houses' landscaping look just as nice as their interiors! I always rush on the landscaping... :P foo on me!!
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    zestysijo wrote:
    I like the last two pics pogimon! I have a feeling Papi wouldn't agree with me though...

by the way, pogimon, I've noticed that you really take time to make your houses' landscaping look just as nice as their interiors! I always rush on the landscaping... :P foo on me!!

Zestysijo, u have my vote... i like the colors, very pop, modern and psychedelic. Specially the red wall, its my favotie color.
  • Options
    Jasnik82Jasnik82 Posts: 917 New Member
    edited August 2009
    Had a busy day but huray I'm finished. This was a tough house this week but I really enjoyed the challenge. So here goes.

http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=820015

Heres my story pics.

http://www.thesims3.com/contentDetail.html?contentId=71461

Aimee,

I have a couple of fave's but will keep you all in suspense ha ha. Hoping to see some newcomers join the fun too.

Jasnik :)
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    zestysijo wrote:

i enjoy interior design than landscaping. I also do the landscaping rush. Most of my submittals have sims. I want my sims to try and enjoy the house before i submit it. I check if a sim can access the toilet fixtures without any obstrcutions... something like that. Im a bit perfectionist, LOL