Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do you think babies will be like in TSM? *OP Updated*

OP from last month:
GreenCats wrote:
...except that they'd have legs of course!

In TSM sims could take babies out of their cribs to breastfeed or cuddle, but otherwise baby and crib were kind of treated like they were one object, rather than a sim sleeping in an object. http://thesimsmedieval.wikia.com/wiki/Baby

I'm not trying to scaremonger - I'm just speculating, because we really don't know anything about how this life state will be. Do you guys have any theories about what they will be like?

Update: I've tweeted SimGuruGrant twice now asking what interactions will be available for babies, and he still hasn't replied. I only joined twitter a couple of weeks ago though, so perhaps someone a bit more clued up about how everything works could give it a go, in case I'm doing something wrong and he just hasn't seen what I tweeted at him?

Sadly my fears have been confirmed.

I ran a google translate on the relevant sections from this German article from Creator's Camp:
But you get the baby just is not away from the cradle. You can take it up, but can not carry it around or even stuck in the stroller. Everything with the baby takes place in front of the cradle. The baby and the interactions are animated and super sweet, but you're just chained to this cradle, which makes it for us to an object until it ages a child and a "real" Sim. The baby also needs neither a display or otherwise any classes of normal Sims in the bar at the bottom. While it emerged from among the selectable Sims / family members, but is not clickable.
You can still find me on my old My page (http://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/GreenCats), and see more of my game-play pictures and CC-free uploads at gcsims.com

Comments

• Mcphee1964Mcphee1964 Posts: 106
    edited June 2014
    I doubt it, I see the babies working exactly as they have previously - just with some more features.
  • Halle_MHalle_M Posts: 6,539 Member
    edited June 2014
    lol, probably.
  • simIrrevirresimIrrevirre Posts: 763 Member
    edited June 2014
    I've never played TSM, but since toddlers where taken out from TS4 because they where time consuming, I guess they didn't put much time or energy in the babies :wink:

• GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,495 Member
    edited June 2014
    I'm sad to say I bought a little too much into the hype. I thought that all the changes to the world (which I gathered from Sims3 and other things posted) that this was why the interactions for the babies and toddlers were so curtailed in Sims3. And, that because they'd made changes to the world, creating neighborhoods to allow more action taking place in one area at a time, that somehow, some way, those 'missing' interactions just might be back in Sims4. They did tell us that babies now have legs. They didn't tell us that in order for babies to have these legs, that we had to sacrifice an entire age stage. :shock: Really? Really, EA? How much of the engine is required for all of these fabulous changes you made to the game?

In Sims3, you told us the Open World would be so much better for the game play and in some ways it was. But at what cost? Babies were in the game but they may as well have been paper dolls for the lack of interaction with them. Toddlers, too, lost so much and gained very little.

Now, we may have a better CAS, but we've lost the ability to customize the design of our houses, clothing, et al.

Babies may now have legs, but at what cost? Will they actually interact with those around them? Can bathing, feeding, playing with them again (like in Sims2) actually build relationships with Sims around them? Can a Sim pass the baby over to another Sim again? Will we have strollers to take them out on walks, play mats they interact with, anything at all? I hated having them lay around in the crib almost all day. Getting the swings from the Store was helpful. You never gave us play mats. (We had those briefly in Sims2 — for a monetary cost.)

CAN we please, please, PLEASE, take the best of what we've had and BUILD on that? Why must there ALWAYS be some kind of trade off? You don't get this, this go-around, but instead we've added THIS. So, not good enough.

Why else would you even bother to make another Sims game — If not to improve on what's been done before?

If you got started making an online, MMO type game that for whatever reason proved not to work out. Why on Earth didn't you scrap it and start all over again? I can wait until next year, if only to get back things you've felt compelled to leave out.

As for whether or not the babies will be like they are in Sims Medieval, that's not good enough, either. I don't want some swaddled, larvae, burrito baby that does nothing but stare at the ceiling all day long!

Am I upset, you bet I am. I'm on the verge of taking the $60.00 plus I was going to spend on the game and put it toward ink for my printer, instead!
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • menemene Posts: 2,322 Member
    edited June 2014
    :shock:
    That's a scary thought
  • GreenCatsGreenCats Posts: 9,318 Member
    edited June 2014
    Mcphee1964 wrote:
    I doubt it, I see the babies working exactly as they have previously - just with some more features.

I hope you are right :)
    You can still find me on my old My page (http://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/GreenCats), and see more of my game-play pictures and CC-free uploads at gcsims.com
    edited June 2014
    @GalacticGal - So sorry you're dissapointed :( My sense from what we've heard is that TS4 will be very YA focused, possibly as a consequent of attempting to salvage remnants of the planned online game. If I'm right, it will be a real shame for people who enjoy playing families (myself included).

I hope that cutting toddlers has at least given them time to make babies really strong. It's difficult to have faith when we haven't seen them in any of the promo stuff and we've had all this other bad news. All we know about babies so far is that they have legs and can breast-feed.
  • PlumbobCrossingPlumbobCrossing Posts: 8,455 Member
    edited June 2014
    It is such a shame to see such a good game going down the drain :cry:
    But we could all be wrong. I hope we are and that the game blows us away and who knows maybe they will bring toddlers in and when they do they will be able to spend more time on them and make the way we have always dreamed of. :)
  • 06Bon0606Bon06 Posts: 11,614 Member
    edited June 2014
    Mcphee1964 wrote:

more features :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

The ways things are going, we'd be lucky if the baby has more than 3 interactions :lol:

"We decided to give babies less interactions so you can focus on the Sims' :mrgreen: emotions :mrgreen:
  • SchweighsrSchweighsr Posts: 3,342 Member
    edited June 2014
    Babies in TS1 were objects, too.

Some people have said that TS4 looks like TS2 redux. Now it looks like TS1.5

• PlumbobCrossingPlumbobCrossing Posts: 8,455 Member
    edited June 2014
    06Bon06 wrote:
    Mcphee1964 wrote:

more features :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

The ways things are going, we'd be lucky if the baby has more than 3 interactions :lol:

"We decided to give babies less interactions so you can focus on the Sims' :mrgreen: emotions :mrgreen:
    :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
    edited June 2014
    It is such a shame to see such a good game going down the drain :cry:
    But we could all be wrong. I hope we are and that the game blows us away and who knows maybe they will bring toddlers in and when they do they will be able to spend more time on them and make the way we have always dreamed of. :)

They won't be able to make it what I want unless they add CASt, which they won't, but, yes, I do hope the other missing features are added down the line so that as many people as possible can really enjoy the game :)

Schweighsr wrote:
    Babies in TS1 were objects, too.

Some people have said that TS4 looks like TS2 redux. Now it looks like TS1.5

Yes, that's what originally made me think of this! And then the breast-feeding reminded me of TSM, which has a very similar way of handling babies.
  • juncedajunceda Posts: 2,614 Member
    edited June 2014
    Hi, sorry because I am missinformmed, are baby´s legs confirmmed? can some kind simmer give me a link to it?
    firma_zps7hsuhx2i.png

I can play at last TS2 TS3 and TS4 So great that toddlers are here!!!
  • gothprincess4evergothprincess4ever Posts: 2,130 Member
    edited June 2014
    GreenCats wrote:
    @GalacticGal - So sorry you're dissapointed :( My sense from what we've heard is that TS4 will be very YA focused, possibly as a consequent of attempting to salvage remnants of the planned online game. If I'm right, it will be a real shame for people who enjoy playing families (myself included).

I hope that cutting toddlers has at least given them time to make babies really strong. It's difficult to have faith when we haven't seen them in any of the promo stuff and we've had all this other bad news. All we know about babies so far is that they have legs and can breast-feed.

I spend, like, 80% of my Sims-playing-time creating families, getting female (and male) Sims pregnant, watching the kids grow up and some hours/days later becoming really proud of the legacies that stand in front of my eyes. I got really sad and angry when I learnt the news about toddlers. How will I be able to actually have fun as a generations Sims player when I won't even be able to LOOK at babies and think they'll be children in a couple of days?!!! SORRY FOR THE RANT.

I don't think babies will be like in TSM, I hope they've added cute/funny animations. For their sake, because if they haven't, after the recent news, I'll go to EA/Maxis offices and murder everyone with an axe shaped as a TODDLER, lol. (Sorry, I just want to see a pregnant Sim 4 so much, I think I'll explode.)
    edited June 2014
    junceda wrote:
    Hi, sorry because I am missinformmed, are baby´s legs confirmmed? can some kind simmer give me a link to it?

It was confirmed on twitter by one of the gurus. I'm sorry, I don't have the link to hand :oops:
  • Alysha1988Alysha1988 Posts: 3,452 Member
    edited June 2014
    Yes, I think it'll be exactly like that. I don't see any reason at this point to expect any more.
  • stargurustarguru Posts: 2,115 Member
    edited June 2014
    GreenCats wrote:
    junceda wrote:

It was confirmed on twitter by one of the gurus. I'm sorry, I don't have the link to hand :oops:
    edited June 2014
    SimGuruFixIt "They are completely different and new! Babies in The Sims4 now have emotions" :lol::lol::lol:
    edited June 2014
    starguru wrote:
    GreenCats wrote:
    junceda wrote:

Thanks! :)

But yes, I think the legs and the standing breast-feeding are all we really know about them so far :?

I just tweeted SimGuruGrant about it but I'm new to twitter so I don't know if I did it right! :lol:
    edited June 2014
    I tweeted one of the gurus yesterday asking what interactions will be available for babies. He hasn't replied but I am new to twitter so perhaps I did it wrong.
    edited July 2014
    Tweeted SimGuruGrant again asking what actions will be available for babies and still no reply. I encourage others to ask the same!
  • JULES1111JULES1111 Posts: 4,489 Member
    edited July 2014
    They couldn't even be bothered to let them have clothing, I dought they have much interaction at all. Seiously 14 yrs and we cant even get a onesie :roll:
    edited July 2014
    Hmm, yes, it's not encouraging. But perhaps they have other outfit options that just weren't shown in the render.

I am very interested in what interactions will be available to them, and whether the game will just treat them as an object.
    edited July 2014
    GreenCats wrote:
    ...except that they'd have legs of course!

In TSM sims could take babies out of their cribs to breastfeed or cuddle, but otherwise baby and crib were kind of treated like they were one object, rather than a sim sleeping in an object. http://thesimsmedieval.wikia.com/wiki/Baby

I'm not trying to scaremonger - I'm just speculating, because we really don't know anything about how this life state will be. Do you guys have any theories about what they will be like?

Update: I've tweeted SimGuruGrant twice now asking what interactions will be available for babies, and he still hasn't replied. I only joined twitter a couple of weeks ago though, so perhaps someone a bit more clued up about how everything works could give it a go, in case I'm doing something wrong and he just hasn't seen what I tweeted at him?

Well the pattern is obvious, if you ask them something they removed or ruined they keep quiet for as long as possible. I've been asking about cars and ghosts for days and they avoid it like death.

Try tweeting different gurus as well :)
  • davina1221davina1221 Posts: 3,656 Member
    edited July 2014
    GreenCats wrote:
    Hmm, yes, it's not encouraging. But perhaps they have other outfit options that just weren't shown in the render.

I am very interested in what interactions will be available to them, and whether the game will just treat them as an object.

:D That is what I think. The diaper is one option and there are other ones in CAS.