This site will go into read-only mode on July 18th as the new Forums.EA.com are now live.

A realistic petition (free patch to recover losses)

Hi everyone
Due to the circumstances I threw this post on the forum.

The biggest issues are CASt / pools and toddlers
If we throw this in the thoughtmachine.. It seems like
The Devs ran out of time to implement everything.
EA isn't going to give them more time. To them it's
Time to bring this game on the market. A mistake they made
With several games . But ok.

Fact = sims 4 IS releasing sept 2.

Therefor I'd love for a petition to start with the
Concept 'free patches for the toddler and pools implementation'
They should be allowed to bring a good and stable game
on the market. What they shouldn't be alowed is to make money
Out of lack of gameplay that we even had a small 10 years ago.
CASt was a sims 3 thing, and I doubt it'll come back.

But if they want to keep their simmers. I'd say that this petition should
Be worthwhile and realistic .

Thanks for reading and please do throw your thoughts in here!
(Sorry for the typo's , this is an Iphone post.)

Love
Voy

Comments

• Options
    snowpatrolchlosnowpatrolchlo Posts: 350
    edited June 2014
    This seems so more realistic than any other. There wouldn't be time to get pools and toddlers in by 2/09,no matter how many signatures are gotten, and do all the necessary testing. A patch would be great, fingers crossed!
  • Options
    dadnboydadnboy Posts: 323 Member
    edited June 2014
    I like this idea, and it's actually feasible. I'll sign. :)
  • Options
    Littlechicken06Littlechicken06 Posts: 9 New Member
    edited June 2014
    I'll sign :D
  • Options
    VoyfhelVoyfhel Posts: 104 Member
    edited June 2014
    The petition will be online in about an hour or two!
  • Options
    azsimmer1azsimmer1 Posts: 492 Member
    edited June 2014
    I signed the other petition, but they very well could make a whole toddler lifestage download with all the much needed toddler clothes and furniture as a download much like Riverview was when you registered.. I would actually be very happy about that if they can't get it in before it is put in production... There is plenty of time to add the added literature and the contents with a group assigned to make it happen in time.

Otherwise my interest in Sims 4 may not last till they do come into the game.. I lost interest in the lifestories and Mid evil because they lacked the toddler stage.. its a much needed stage just as child, teen, baby, elder is.. I hope its a quick resolve and not something that has to be paid for.. its like selling a car without the tires.. all needed for the cycle of life stages.
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    azsimmer1 wrote:
    I signed the other petition, but they very well could make a whole toddler lifestage download with all the much needed toddler clothes and furniture as a download much like Riverview was when you registered.. I would actually be very happy about that if they can't get it in before it is put in production... There is plenty of time to add the added literature and the contents with a group assigned to make it happen in time.

Otherwise my interest in Sims 4 may not last till they do come into the game.. I lost interest in the lifestories and Mid evil because they lacked the toddler stage.. its a much needed stage just as child, teen, baby, elder is.. I hope its a quick resolve and not something that has to be paid for.. its like selling a car without the tires.. all needed for the cycle of life stages. [/quote

I completely agree with you. Only the other petition isn't realistic...
    Game design is quite complicated so fixing it last minute will only end
    In disaster. It's not going to be delayed . It's not going to be fixed in time.
    But hell, i'm not paying for basics
  • Options
    ImnotamooseImnotamoose Posts: 212 Member
    edited June 2014
    Signed :)
    This is much better than the other petitions, personally I'll still buy the game without all these things, because they'll obviously be added later.
    Assuming EA isn't any more idiotic by then.
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    This is much better than the other petitions, personally I'll still buy the game without all these things, because they'll obviously be added later.

Let's hope so Moose! :D
    Btw, love your forumname. It fits the 'hey ea we are not stupid' vibe that's happening right now ! :-)
  • Options
    ImnotamooseImnotamoose Posts: 212 Member
    edited June 2014
    Voyfhel wrote:

Let's hope so Moose! :D
    Btw, love your forumname. It fits the 'hey ea we are not stupid' vibe that's happening right now ! :-)
    Why thank you :3
  • Options
    JenzupJenzup Posts: 1,620 Member
    edited June 2014
    Even if they do come out with a free patch I wouldn't buy the game until the patch was ready to load because it would irritate me to make even one family without the ability to have a toddler. This just seems too stupid to add a life state later in the game there is only one I think they could actually get away with and that would be YA, definitely not toddler.

As for CASt, I guess I could wait longer especially if there was good game play but I must point out that, even despite it's flaws, I was a heavy user of it and will definitely miss it unless they replace it with something better.

That's what has got me so bummed anyway is that, IF they would have something better, couldn't they have just said "Yeah we're taking out CASt but we have something even better in store!" No, all we get is "just wait and see what the future will bring," I don't like this because it has me thinking about an EP for the stuff that should have already been in the game, it's just not right.
    :o They listened and gave us toddlers! Thanks Devs your work is appreciated.
  • Options
    pguidapguida Posts: 7,481 Member
    edited June 2014
    Signed.
  • Options
    simbilN99simbilN99 Posts: 273 Member
    edited June 2014
    Yes-signed
  • Options
    Damienf519Damienf519 Posts: 7,005 Member
    edited June 2014
    Voyfhel,

Signed!
  • Options
    ClaudiaElzoClaudiaElzo Posts: 1,120 New Member
    edited June 2014
    Signed. But I heard that anything that says petitions or request threads on the forum dont even get looked at :/
    Sign me anyways I'm kind of desperate for toddlers
  • Options
    NoeinNoein Posts: 495 Member
    edited June 2014
    Signed, I like the patch idea. Especially if it will make everyone happy.
  • Options
    hannahkinzherpshannahkinzherps Posts: 300 Member
    edited June 2014
    Signed.
  • Options
    MoonbarkerMoonbarker Posts: 1,281 Member
    edited June 2014
    Signed. Would be awesome if they included a color wheel in a patch too.
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    share this as much as you can please!

EDIT
    this is what EA had to say
    Capture_zpse97cfe23.png
  • Options
    CogitotoroCogitotoro Posts: 1,401 Member
    edited June 2014
    signed.

ETA: although I am much more adamant about this with regard to toddlers than pools. I don't think it's horrible for them not to include pools in the base game, but I do think it's horrible not to include toddlers.
    Cogitotoro, aka Ashley
    siggy3_zpsaaab9c22.jpg
    No wishlist for me!
  • Options
    rebekah512rebekah512 Posts: 881 Member
    edited June 2014
    At this point it is the main way I think I can justify buying this game.

My mind may change after we see the actual release, but there is no way I'm willing to have base game elements charged for in an EP because EA couldn't get its act together and wants to charge premium prices for a very limited set of gameplay options.

(Yes, I know CAS looks amazing. But the point of having my pixilated paper dolls is not just to dress them up.)

• Options
    jus1nickiejus1nickie Posts: 360 Member
    edited June 2014
    Signed.
  • Options
    MoonbarkerMoonbarker Posts: 1,281 Member
    edited June 2014
    Voyfhel wrote:
    share this as much as you can please!

EDIT
    this is what EA had to say
    Capture_zpse97cfe23.png

Not real.. EA never gives straight answers.
  • Options
    keFUNKNEY101keFUNKNEY101 Posts: 658 Member
    edited June 2014
    This is how I see it happening anyway. They'll probably be advertised with an expansion, but they will be added via patch like basements, swimmabe oceans, etc were patched in sims 3.

Signed btw