Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Tyntesfield WIP Project - Completed! DL link on page 1

Comments

• GreenCatsGreenCats Posts: 9,318 Member
    edited July 2014
    :shock: :shock: :shock: Oh my goodness that ceiling!! Fabulous idea to use those gable ornaments inside :mrgreen::mrgreen:

The collection room is looking amazing. Beautiful CASting. I really love that inset paintings effect. The octopus is adorable :P

The nursery is looking magical. I love all the uses you're finding for those chairs. So sorry you lost it - I hope it will be easy to re-create.

Edit: Missed the 'man cave'! Gorgeous gorgeous gorgeous gorgeous :thumbup: :thumbup:
    You can still find me on my old My page (http://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/GreenCats), and see more of my game-play pictures and CC-free uploads at gcsims.com
  • CorwimCorwim Posts: 3,218 Member
    edited July 2014
    Wowzers, LOVE how you've done that ceiling in the main hall!!! :shock: That looks so impressive, wonderful job! Loving your other ideas too, great job on those inset paintings, very creative! :thumbup: Hehe, and a Victorian man cave? Love the idea, looks fantastic too! 8)
  • FischioFischio Posts: 319 Member
    edited August 2014
    @sherrylynn8779: Get rid of wood paneling!? o.o that's just sacrilegious :P And it would be an excellent smoking room if sims could smoke. Maybe they could just light things on fire. I'll keep a collection of wooden chairs in the one corner to be moo'd into the fireplace :P

@yanti68: Thank you yanti! I'm still not completely happy w/ the man cave (something about the one rug and the curtains feels off to me) so it'll be a bit different in the finished lot.

@rosemow: Thanks rosemow! I appreciate that comments :D

@Anches: TY :D So far it runs much better than Waddesdon. 2 Floors are almost completely furnished so fingers crossed how it runs after the last floor is done

@GreenCats: Thanks GC! I'm glad you like ceiling. It's really ez to do w/ the debug enabler. It's my new fav mod <3

@Crowim: Thanks for the feedback Corwim :D

Today I have some bathrooms and a chapel to share. And with those mostly done I have a little over a dozen rooms left so I'm almost done \o/

2 bathrooms:

Screenshot-391.jpg

Screenshot-393.jpg

I was really looking forward to recreating the chapel of Tyntesfield. It still needs a few decorative elements added, but it's mostly completed.

Screenshot-385.jpg

Real mosaic flooring:

096Tyntesfield%20House%20Chapel.JPG

Sim version:

Screenshot-386.jpg

Altar:

Screenshot-387.jpg

I tried to do something similar to the RL version with its mosaic walls like the pic below.

DSC_6047.jpg?w=840

Sim version:

Screenshot-388.jpg

Not exactly icons of the saints, but hey the one picture is called cowboy angel :wink:

Post edited by Fischio on
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,519 Member
    edited July 2014
    The bathrooms look very nice! :) It looks very nice how you have done the arch wall panelling ! Nice pattern and texture of the bathroom walls and floors. The Chapel looks so very nice! :) You have recreated the real life Chapel so very well! It looks very nice how you have done the mosaic flooring! The type and placement of the side wall windows looks very nice! It looks great how you have set up the chairs on the sides of the Chapel, with the aisleway down the middle. Very nice altar area! It looks great how it is platformed and that it is a dome type shape. Very nice patterning of the altar floor. The pictures look nice on the walls, and the gold pattern on the walls looks very nice. It is an elegantly nice Chapel! :-)
  • yanti68yanti68 Posts: 19,017 Member
    edited July 2014
    WOW, WOW, WOW! :shock: Each time I look at your WIP pics I am like drooling all over them! :mrgreen: Can't stop staring at those chapel pics! :shock: :shock: Brilliant job! You have mad skills J! :thumbup:
  • sherrylynn8779sherrylynn8779 Posts: 2,102 Member
    edited July 2014
    UH OH! Fischio, you have another drooler on your hands! Yanti, you and I can work together to fill the Olympic pool! LOL!!!

Dear Fischio... lets just say this is the 1970's cheap wood paneling that you would find in single wide mobile homes! LMAO! I will eventually have them down and drywall with whitewashed wainscot put in their place! :D
    My Twitter:: My Facebook:: Gallery Name: sherry_lynn1979
    edited July 2014
    That chapel is just mind blowing... I am just sitting here mouth agape and just... holy mother of llamas! WOW!
  • 6020906060209060 Posts: 433 Member
    edited July 2014
    It's shame that you don't have Showtime... there are few really great gothic objects like bigger gargoyles.

462px-Ts3showtime-17.jpg

That gothic window would fit perfectly to that wall where are those icons.

prop3.jpg

I have been away for quite "long" time (about 2 weeks or something?) and I haven't managed to look at your wip...but I have to say that it's perfect, without those Showtime items :mrgreen:

I seriously can't wait...but now I will go and get Sims 2 Ultimate Collection - for free 8)
    edited July 2014
    By the way, why didn't you show here these pictures? I think they look great!! :shock:

Screenshot-389.jpg

Screenshot-390.jpg
    edited August 2014
    @rosemow: Thanks rose :D The chapel of Tyntesfield is very beautiful, and it was a real challenge to try to do it justice.

@yanti68: TY yanti! Lol I should write a disclaimer in the lot description: "may cause excessive salivation"

@sherrylynn: Oh you mean "wuud" paneling gotcha like "corinthian" leather ;D then tear that sucker out. I'd say burn it too, but the fumes might be toxic. And LOL if the sims had a religion they'd be praying to the holy mother of llamas xD

I was watching Star Trek Into Darkness on my phone as my car was being inspected this week, which made me think of this:

h7A8270FA

@60209060: If I'd get another EP Late Night Take 2 aka showtime would be at the bottom of my list lol, though I might snag it if I ever make a cathedral for the gargoyle. As for those pictures I added them to my photobucket account, but decided not to share them since I'd already showed my nursery ;)

I have a small issue over this one bedroom. I have the house set up for 8 bedrooms 1 nursery and 1 separate apartment for a butler. For the butler's room I want it to be unisex in design, not too fancy, but also fancy enough if somebody doesn't want a butler and wants to use the room for their sims. So this is what I have so far. It's made up of a suite of rooms including a sitting room, bedroom and bathroom.

Screenshot-394.jpg

Screenshot-395.jpg

Do you think it's too fancy?
    edited July 2014
    Actually, no. I think it has a more rustic feel to it. It is homey and feels like something a commoner would have. It is different from the rest of the house, but the wallpaper helps keep it within the structure... if that makes sense. :)

I am over here busting out over your comment and pic! I was thinking about trying hard not to demolish the paneling and donate it to Restore (ran by habitat for humanity) So that others can use it in projects. Either that or use it for the interior of the barn we are going to build, to hold in the insulation (gonna have goaties and they need to stay warm!)... It just depends!

Honestly, I don't know what my husband's grandparents were thinking when they put that up in the living room and two bedrooms... There is real wood wainscot in the dining room, and GORGEOUS wood in the enclosed staircase leading to the attic room... WHY would they not showcase that wood?!? So I am busting out that wall, putting in a wrought iron banister (good for christmas decorating! :D ) and repurposing the wood that I removed from taking out the wall somewhere in the house! :) Maybe make some form of built in using it. :)

Gawd... I talk way, way too much! :D
    edited July 2014
    I think that look's really "old"... I mean, really ancient atmosphere. Something that I never managed to capture and this is just good thing. :)

That room looks great but something is still wrong...? Maybe too bright colors or wrong furniture?
    edited July 2014
    I think it looks very nice :) The colour shades of the room capture a nice calm and home feel in the room. The patterned floor rugs complement the rest of the room. The type of curtains that you have used look great.
    edited July 2014
    Thanks for the comments and suggestions guys! :D

@Sherry: Nah, it just shows you're excited to remodel your home. It's a blast to actually do this stuff in RL though a lot more work :XD:

I did a small recolor and I think this version looks better. It's brighter and the yellow is less overwhelming :D

Screenshot-396.jpg

I'm moving on down to the ground floor so sitting rooms and the library are next on the list. They have cfe ceilings so I'm gonna hate/love working on them :roll:
    edited July 2014
    The recolour of the room looks nice. :) The fishing picture that you have placed on the wall looks nice too. I hope your work on the sitting rooms and library goes well. I will look forward to seeing the next update!
  • CorwimCorwim Posts: 3,218 Member
    edited July 2014
    Great new additions to your WIP Fischio! :thumbup: I love the two bathrooms you showed, especially like how you arranged the curtains in the second one!

OMG *dies and goes to heaven* That chapel is gorgeous!!! :shock: Love the architecture (that roof!) and the mosaic on the floor looks magnificent. 8)

As for the butler's room, I actually like both colourings you did. The first to me makes it feel more homy and more warmer sense, the second one gives the room a grander, but also more airy feel. Lol, not sure if that helps at all. :D
    edited July 2014
    You removed that charming yellow color of the walls!! :? But now it fits better because of it's not "too" cozy. Great job J! :mrgreen:
  • yanti68yanti68 Posts: 19,017 Member
    edited July 2014
    The butler quarters looks lovely! :D So nice and cosy! Love the CASing! :thumbup:
    edited July 2014
    You may want to hold off uploading this build until after the new store set comes out!!! We ARE getting this:

BtaaNQQCEAEAFrC.jpg

I remember you saying that you hoped for a rose window so you don't have to use the one from WA. :) It looks like your wishes (and mine) have come true!!! <-:
    edited July 2014
    SGTatertot says it is a fully CASt'able 2-story Amber Rose Cathedral Window!! I am SO EXCITED!!!
  • follyfootfollyfoot Posts: 3,450 Member
    edited July 2014
    Fichio That would have to be the perfect man cave with it's warm and rich colour palette and textures. I love the wonderful detail of this build. :D Folly
  • imogerimoger Posts: 5,783 Member
    edited July 2014
    Love all the details you put together! Gorgeous new rooms, everything looks beautiful and very realistic! :)

• MeaganJoMeaganJo Posts: 4,343 Member
    edited July 2014
    :shock: WOW absolutely stunning work Fischio!
    edited August 2014
    Thanks everybody :mrgreen:

Wow that window looks incredible :shock: I'm really looking forward to this new set :D

With moving onto the ground floor, I have just finished the library. It's a bit more cramped looking than the rl version, but I think it's a close approximation of the actual room.

124054076.6SWEB8GZ.jpg

Screenshot-402.jpg

Likely I'll redo the cfe ceiling so the pitch matches the beams (it's too shallow atm), but it's pretty much complete.