Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Tyntesfield WIP Project - Completed! DL link on page 1

Comments

• OhHeyLuckyOhHeyLucky Posts: 1,338 Member
    edited July 2014
    I love what you've done with the ceilings!
  • sherrylynn8779sherrylynn8779 Posts: 2,102 Member
    edited July 2014
    Your MOO is fantastic Fischio! I love how each of the fireplaces are just slightly different from eachother. Plys great column moo work! Using the gothic chairs on the beds is pur genius!
    My Twitter:: My Facebook:: Gallery Name: sherry_lynn1979
  • yanti68yanti68 Posts: 19,017 Member
    edited July 2014
    Simply breathtaking! :shock: I love the patterns and colours you have used for the rug and the bedspread! :thumbup: The ceiling looks stunning too! It is a shame that I cannot colour the ceilings of my build without getting those annoying floating tiles! :x If I delete the floating tiles then I get a hole in the ceiling! Do you have the same problem sometime?
  • CloroxcleanCloroxclean Posts: 148 Member
    edited July 2014
    Thank you, I figured that was where they were from, I've seen them, but I've never had much use for them. I'm most definitely going to have to experiment now. I love your ceiling textures by the way.
    New Sims 4 Houses All the Time
    Working on It!
  • GreenCatsGreenCats Posts: 9,318 Member
    edited July 2014
    Gorgeous new rooms! I love how you used the chairs under the bed - what a nice surprise that the bed is still usable :)
    You can still find me on my old My page (http://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/GreenCats), and see more of my game-play pictures and CC-free uploads at gcsims.com
  • FischioFischio Posts: 319 Member
    edited August 2014
    @rosemow: Thank you rose :D I had a hard time deciding on a coffee table for these rooms, but a MOO'd Chinese one fit the ornate style the best I think. A lot of the other fancy ones just looked too Baroque.

@xXAngelicEvilXx: TY! I love that you can paint the ceilings in the game, but it's kinda pointless since you're likely never to see them when playing lol. Makes for nice pics though

@sherrylynn8779: You def have an eye for detail noticing the fireplaces ;D I was getting tired of all the sameness so I added just a bit of variation in each room other than the color scheme

@yanti68: Thanks yanti! gawd yes I get floating tiles everywhere especially when using cfe. The very last thing I do before I upload a lot is check every inch of it for holes in the ceiling and replace the tiles. Depending of the complexity and size of a build it can take a long time

@Cloroxclean: Thanks:D I've wanted that column style for ages; it's a shame they didn't include the 2 and 3 story versions though.

@GreenCats: TY GC! Beds are surprisingly versatile with MOOing unlike chairs. I made an awesome throne like chair with the gothic chair combined with a wicker chair, but my tester wasn't happy

Welp my game crashed before I saved the last 3 rooms + my nursery so I decided to take a break and revisit the main house. I've done a bit of work redoing the main hall. First I got rid of the "glass ceiling" so I could eliminate any seasons worries then I put a gabled roof in it's place. Those MH gable decor items make excellent interior support beams.

Screenshot-346.jpg

Screenshot-344.jpg
    Post edited by Fischio on
    edited July 2014
    WOW! That is nothing short of impressive! I've not ever thought to use those in that way! So very creative!

Marry me? :P Kidding, I am already married! :lol:

Be my best friend and come to my house to teach me these awesome techniques? :P
  • JVENNJVENN Posts: 936 Member
    edited July 2014
    You've done an incredible job. I've visited the house (about 10 years ago) and the National Trust had only just been gifted it so it was still in a bit of a state.

The last owner (who I thought was Lord Wraxall but Wikipedia doesn't mention that) was a bit eccentric and lived alone there for a number of years. The lady who showed us around told a funny story about how he was plagued with burglars always trying to break in and steal stuff. He caught one once (he was usually armed with a shotgun) and threw the guy into the boot of his car and drove him to the nearest Police Station. The guy was so terrified that he was going to be shot and buried that he warned all the criminals in the area to never go near the place :)

Thought I'd share...
    :D My Origin ID is Octavia Moon. I've made some celebrity sims and will be making houses soon :)
    edited July 2014
    JVENN wrote:
    You've done an incredible job. I've visited the house (about 10 years ago) and the National Trust had only just been gifted it so it was still in a bit of a state.

The last owner (who I thought was Lord Wraxall but Wikipedia doesn't mention that) was a bit eccentric and lived alone there for a number of years. The lady who showed us around told a funny story about how he was plagued with burglars always trying to break in and steal stuff. He caught one once (he was usually armed with a shotgun) and threw the guy into the boot of his car and drove him to the nearest Police Station. The guy was so terrified that he was going to be shot and buried that he warned all the criminals in the area to never go near the place :)

Thought I'd share...

Hahaha! That is too funny!!! Taught him a valid lesson! :lol:
  • ItzmeeItzmee Posts: 2,729 Member
    edited July 2014
    Hi Fischio :D

I've been silently following your build for the past few days and I must say, stunning work! Absolutely love the way you use items in the game. So unique and creative. I've looked at Tyntesfield's staircase a lot for the interior of a house I'm working on and what you've done resembles it so well! :mrgreen: :thumbup:

I've done similar where I've made little rooms and 'put together' my interiors. I think it was more procrastination than anything but it has helped and keeps me motivated. :lol: Your rooms are looking so fitting to the home. Can't wait to see more!

Itzmee
    edited August 2014
    @Sherrylynn: Hey if your huz doesn't mind I'm game, but just so you know I'm a cuddler :wink:

@JVENN: LOL I love this place even more :D I saw a family portrait of the Gibbs family...it was so funny. They're either looking incredibly bored or are reading xD Maybe the 2 on the right are reading to those on the left, but 3 of them are looking at the camera and the little girl is facing the complete opposite direction lol

TyntesfieldGibbFamily.jpg

@Itzmee: Thanks! I have to admit that my bedrooms are a bit more overdone than those in the actual house. The few bedrooms that I saw were pretty subdued in decoration and color, but in order to make all this CASt work tolerable I need to have fun with it :mrgreen:

I did a quick remodel of the ceiling and I think this will be the final version. I have an idea for a massive collection room on the 3rd floor that will look similar, which I'll prob work on next.

Screenshot-349.jpg

Screenshot-350.jpg
    edited July 2014
    *Belly laughs* I think I am probably one in a million who is not a cuddler. (My poor hubby and daughter). I can endure it for a few minutes, but then I have to have my space. On the hubs part, I am not so sure he would be into sharing. I'm sort of his "prize", he loves him a red head! :lol: Of course, I don't think he bargained for my 'tude though... Fiery red head temper I have and all!

I really love what you have done there, it is magnificent! :)
    edited July 2014
    :shock: :shock: WOW! That ceiling is just amazing! I would have never thought of using those items from MH for inside! Very creative! Nice to know I am not the only one with floating tiles. Those just pop up even when I am not using CFE! So frustrating!
    edited August 2014
    Thanks guys :D

I just finished designing the 3rd floor collection/display galleries. I've always wanted to make a big room for all the stuff that builds up in your inventory especially after going to any WA world. It's divided into relic/gem room, a paining/sculpture room, and a small bug room as well.

Screenshot-355.jpg

Screenshot-356.jpg

Screenshot-352.jpg

I had this fun idea with the walls to make it look like it had inset paintings. My fav is the octopus one :mrgreen:
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,581 Member
    edited July 2014
    The collection /display galleries look very nice! :) The pattern on the display pedestal stands and shelves looks great! It looks so very nice how you have done the walls with the inset paintings! The octopus does look great! The ceiling looks great! It looks great how you have created the ornate long chairs for sims to enjoy sitting on and looking at these collections and displays.
    It looks great! :)
    edited July 2014
    You're really trying to seal that deal, eh? :P I really love what you have done for the collections rooms! That inset painting idea is marvelous, Michelangelo even!

Lots of updates today, all completely drool-worthy! Congrats! I just filled my pool! LOL (okay, it's a baby pool, but a pool nonetheless!) :lol:
    edited August 2014
    @rosemow: Thank you rose :D I might remove the benches to include more space for gems, but that runs the risk of things looking too cluttered since the room is only 4 tiles wide...decisions decisions

@sherylynn: TY! hope you have an olympic sized handy since I've got some 30 more rooms :3

I managed to take a pic of the nursery before my pc ate it:

Screenshot-342.jpg

It will look similar to this, but with more space for the kiddies to move around.
    edited July 2014
    I am sorry that you lost your nursery! It is not good when your game crashes. The nursery looks so very nice! It looks so very nice how you have done the area in the middle with the chairs and the teddies sitting on them! Very nice wall panelling! The cloudy pattern is calming for little sims whilst they are sleeping. The butterflies on the wall look pretty. It looks great how you have done the dresser bookcase area! Nice patterning and placement of the floor rug.
    It looks very nice! :)
  • AnchesAnches Posts: 177 Member
    edited July 2014
    WOOOW, I really love it so much! The gallery and the nursery looks so great, your ideas, colors, pattern, design and decoration looks so amazing!

Can´t wait to see more<3. Do you know already when this magnificent work is finish? :D
    x6kikn.jpg
    edited August 2014
    Thank you ladies :mrgreen: To answer your question Anches, this build is the largest I've ever done for TS3, bigger than Waddesdon so likely in a month or so it'll be done xD

Small update: The Victorian man cave

Screenshot-376.jpg

Screenshot-377.jpg

The spiral staircase leads to an alchemy/magic room in the highest point of the house, which also has a balcony for stargazing :D
    edited July 2014
    Victorian Man Cave! HA! I thought they called those "smoking rooms"? :P

It is very masculine! All that wood, my husband would drool... I might not want to show him this one! I would be in HUGE trouble as I am trying to get rid of the wood paneling in our house! LOL
    edited July 2014
    WOWZA! That man cave! It looks fabulous and luxurious! Great CASing! :thumbup: :thumbup:
    edited July 2014
    The man cave looks very nice! :) It looks very nice how you have done the patterned floor rugs and the ceiling looks very nice! It looks very nice how you have done the fireplace section! Very nice shades of brown and other colours that you have used in the room! The wall panelling looks great! It looks nice how you have done the alcove section with the knight's head in it. Sims will enjoy relaxing on the comfortable arm chairs or sofa there, chatting, reading a book and listening to the gramophone music. Very nice furnishing of the room.
    It is very nice! :)
  • AnchesAnches Posts: 177 Member
    edited July 2014
    Fischio wrote:
    Thank you ladies :mrgreen: To answer your question Anches, this build is the largest I've ever done for TS3, bigger than Waddesdon so likely in a month or so it'll be done xD

Small update: The Victorian man cave

Screenshot-376.jpg"width=640"

Screenshot-377.jpg"width=640"

The spiral staircase leads to an alchemy/magic room in the highest point of the house, which also has a balcony for stargazing :D

OMG I see fischio and I LOVE your new work so much. I hope it works in my game, because the Waddesdon takes a lot of time to change in the build/ buy modus :wink:
    In the life modus it works great :mrgreen:
    x6kikn.jpg