Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Questions about Expansion/Stuff Pack and purchased stuff from store

Ello all,

I hope this is the right place for my questions. Firstly, I am absolutely brand new to Sims. I purchased the Sims 3 starter pack, which came with Late Night and High End Loft. I also bought Dragon Valley.
My questions are: I found where the Late Night and High End Loft stuff are, but since I had already purchased the game (did the codes and all too), then why do I have to purchase these things again? Everything that was in the Late Night and High End Loft, when I'm in game it makes me purchase them all over again. So, am very nearly out of Simoleons due to that. Also, when I purchase something from the store, get it downloaded and installed...I have to spend in game money to purchase those items again. Last night I bought a tv. got it downloaded and installed...used simpoints to buy it, then I go to get it out and put in my apartment, and I have to purchase it with the in game money now. Of all the free items I found by searching the links I find on the forums, get them downloaded and installed, go in game to get them...(mind you the items on their store pages says "FREE", so if they are free, then why am I being made to purchase them?
The Late Night and High End Loft I know for a fact they are downloaded, installed and code redeemed, simply because I was in chat with a tech. who walked me through it.

Also, I am having small issue with game freezing up. It doesn't do it alot, just a couple times last night. I'm unsure what that is.

Thanks Greatly, in advance,
Aloiene

Comments

• lisasc360lisasc360 Posts: 19,282 Member
    edited June 2014
    Hello and welcome to the forums and the game... :)

First off, you are not actually purchasing the items again, your Sims is buying them with the simoleans that they have and will earn from the job that you chose your Sim to be in. And by selling things that your sim can make or collect or harvest. The Sims is a simulation game. So your Sims have to go out and make a living by working to earn simoleans to buy things with. Your Sims is living a life like you are.

As for you buying stuff for downloading into your game, you are using simpoints which is EA's money for the store that you have to spend real cash on to buy. You can also earn simpoints by watching sponsored ads on the store pages that will give you 5 simpoints per add.

http://www.thesims3.com/gettingstarted/faq#4
    SimPoints are the virtual currency of The Sims 3 that can be used in The Sims 3 Store. Unlike Simoleons that your Sims use in-game, you cannot earn SimPoints, but must purchase them from The Sims 3 Store. You can use SimPoints to purchase exciting new content for your game, such as clothing for your Sims, sets of furniture or even new worlds to explore!

To purchase SimPoints, please visit The Sims 3 Store and follow the instructions.
    How can I earn bonus SimPoints?

Look for the Bonus SimPoint banner located in the left menu navigation throughout The Sims 3 Store or in the Launcher and click to start!

After watching a short video from our sponsors your account will receive five bonus SimPoints (subject to change). These SimPoints may take up to a day to be added in your balance, so don't worry if your SimPoint Balance does not reflect the new amount instantly. The number of videos available to view per user will vary depending on inventory. In the event that no videos are available, the banner will not appear.

These SimPoints are no different than the SimPoints you can purchase as bundles, so pick up that item you’ve always wanted or even save for a set!

If you are at the maximum account limit of 35,000 SimPoints, you will not be able to earn anymore SimPoints until your balance has room.

Here is a couple of links to some guides to help you in your game play and to explain what simoleans are in the game.

http://www.carls-sims-3-guide.com/

http://sims.wikia.com/wiki/Simoleon

http://voices.yahoo.com/the-sims-3-tips-making-money-simoleons-3505067.html
  • SpiritwyndWahyaSpiritwyndWahya Posts: 14
    edited June 2014
    Thank you lisasc360 for replying and helping.
    And thanks for the welcome. Normally i don't post on forums unless I have an issue I can't figure a solution for. And since I don't know absolutely no one in game or anywhere on Sims, the next place is the forums.

Mostly I just didnt understand why I was paying for items with simpoints, then again with simoleons. It doen't make alot of sense, just makes it seem as if I was purchasing them twice. I've figured most out on my own actually. I used to play on playdom.com where they had a game very similar to Sims. In fact most everything you did in that game was much like Sims. I also, did try to do that cheat code thing that I found on the forums for to add money to my household. The only reason I tried that is simply because they had mentioned it's good for sims who are building things...which is what I'd like to learn to do. I most recently played in a game called Secondlife, where I was a builder. I had my own shop to sell my creations as well. I enjoy creating things. So when I figured out you could do the same in Sims, naturally i want to try it.
    Problem is, I can't figure out how to put in that code for the extra money. And seems like the days go real fast in game. One moment I'm waking up in morning, and within an hours time in real time...the game's day is nearly over it seems.
    My sim already has a job, though it's a part-time one. Didn't find a full time one yet.
    Mostly, what I was doing is familiarizing myself with everything. I did figure out how to re-color everything in my apartment including the walls and floor. But since I've had to use all my simoleons for my items I got with my simpoints or with my expansion packs etc...I have nearly next to nothing left, therefore my building will have to wait.
    I wanted the build a castle kit so bad, so was trying to earn more simpoints to get it, since I have to wait a week to buy simpoints. But then I ended up having to spend the simpoints on things i needed more than the castle. :(

I also, have one more questions. I was reading in game about vampires ( :-) I love vampires) It said in there they can turn a Sim. My question is do I have to have the Supernaturals expansion in order to become a vampire? i plan to buy it, but again have to wait. I've tried searching the forums, and even google about this and still have yet to find any info on this. Can you or anyone answer this for me, please?

Thanks again in advance,
    Aloiene
    edited June 2014
    You're welcome SpiritwyndWahya... :D

You're not the first person who asked about the simoleans and why you have to purchase stuff you already own from the store and the game itself. I know it can be a bit confusing for people who had never played the previous Sims games in the series. So I try to help out in any way I can to explain the game.

Here is a list of the different cheat codes for the game.

http://www.carls-sims-3-guide.com/cheats.php

http://www.snootysims.com/index.php?id=cheats

Here is another link for cheat codes. And if you are using a PC that has Windows Vista installed, it tells you how to use the code that brings up the box that you will type in the other codes.

http://www.cheatcc.com/pc/sims3cheatscodes.html

I too use the motherlode cheat code when I want to build a better house. Now sometimes I try to play without using the code. To use the code, you first must push the ctrl+shift+c all at the same time to bring up a little box at the top of the screen. Then you will type in motherlode and then enter and you should receive 50,000 simoleans. Now some people said that they have to use the testingcheatsenabled true/false before they can use the motherlode cheat. So you can try it first without using the testingcheatsenabled true/false and if it doesn't work without it, then type it in. Now after you do the ctrl+shift+c type in the testingcheatsenabled true and that will allow you to use any cheats. When you get ready to turn off that cheat, you just type it the same way with the exception of using false instead of true.

As for vampires, if you have the Late Night Exapnsion Pack, they can bite other Sims. If you are looking to create a vampire in CAS-Create a Sim, then you need the Supernatural EP which you said that was the next one you will be getting.

Here is a link to the different occults in the game and what expansion they came from.

http://www.carls-sims-3-guide.com/occultlifestates.php

Now if you want more careers, then I suggest buying the Ambitions EP as that one adds jobs and careers that you can see your Sim doing such as the Ghost Hunting career, the Fire Fighting Career, the Medical Career even through the hospital is a rabbit hole but some of the things that you sim can do is out in the world like when another sim gets sick, your sim who is in the medical profession can check them out.

These are the other jobs and careers that comes with the Ambitions EP.

Architect: Profession Guide
    •Doctor: Not a new career new to The Sims 3 Ambitions per se but Jobs can be completed during work hours, such as vaccinations. Link to Lifetime Wish article.
    •Educator: A career track brought with Ambitions that is of the standard rabbit hole variety. While it has no lifetime wishes the upper job has low work hours and high pay.
    •Firefighter: Profession Guide, see also Firefighter Super Hero.
    •Ghost Hunter: Profession Guide, see also Paranormal Profiteer.
    •Inventor: Full Skill and Profession Guide
    •Private Investigator: Profession Guide.
    •Sculptor: Full Skill and Profession Guide, see also Descendant of da Vinci.
    •Stylist: Profession Guide, see also Fashion Phenomenon

Here is a link to the different careers and what EP's they come with.
    http://www.carls-sims-3-guide.com/careers/

I too do like using the CASt-Create a Style tool. On this site, we have a CaW-Create a World and CaP-Create a Pattern tools for those who like to make worlds and or creating your own patterns. I have a lot of patterns that I had uploaded to the exchange but you can find them in my studio on my page if you want to check them out... :)

http://www.thesims3.com/game/tools/pattern

http://www.thesims3.com/game/tools/world

I hope this all helps you in your gaming experience.

I also sent you a friends request... :D

Happy simming... :D
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    edited June 2014
    That explains it. Thanks for all your help, it is greatly appreciated. Also, thanks for the friend request. I have accepted it and hope to chat with you soon. Going in now for a few to see if I can get those codes to work. I finally figured out how to put them in, but I tried the familyfunds one where you can choose the amount...oddly it's not done anything. I still had the same amount of simoleons as before I tried the code. It must be that I am doing something wrong, though can't see where since I follow all the instructions.
    And yes I want my sim to be a vampire, which is why I asked about it. But if I need the Supernaturals EP, then I'll have to wait til payday, unfortunately. Of course it may be for the best since I am still learning everything. It will give me time to learn more.
    Thanks again,
    Aloiene
    edited June 2014
    You are quite welcome. And thanks for accepting my friends request, now you have your 1st friend on here... :D I haven't used familyfunds as I use the motherlode cheat a lot... :)

The Supernatural EP is one of my favorite EP's next to Seasons and Island Paradise. I love making and playing with the supernatural beings in the game. I am sure that you will enjoy it when you do buy it... :D
    edited June 2014
    Thank you!
    I just got the motherlode code to work, but no others. Now, maybe I can figure out how to build a castle in my dragon valley. It's that or buy that kit I want. But it is too slow to try earning the simpoints for it by watching the videos. Only 5 points per video, is going to take forever, since the ad is not always there for me to click on. I searched for other ways to earn simpoints, and found none. So will have to wait to buy some or figure a way to build a castle without the kit.
    Do you know of any other wys to get simpoints without actually buying them? Earning them I mean...like watching the video...because I haven't found anything personally...and I searched for hours last night.

Aloiene
    edited June 2014
    Thank you!
    I just got the motherlode code to work, but no others. Now, maybe I can figure out how to build a castle in my dragon valley. It's that or buy that kit I want. But it is too slow to try earning the simpoints for it by watching the videos. Only 5 points per video, is going to take forever, since the ad is not always there for me to click on. I searched for other ways to earn simpoints, and found none. So will have to wait to buy some or figure a way to build a castle without the kit.
    Do you know of any other wys to get simpoints without actually buying them? Earning them I mean...like watching the video...because I haven't found anything personally...and I searched for hours last night.

Aloiene

You're welcome... :D

You're have to post pictures of your castle after you are done... :D

Watching the ads is the only way to earn simpoints. Now when they first started the ads, we were allowed to get 10SP per ad and you could only earn up to 50 per day. Since they had introduced them last year in April, I had earned enough to buy 2 worlds with. Of course they were either on sale or on the Make Me an Offer page.

Now if you go over to the Gift Gathering forum section, you will see a ton of contests and lotteries where the host will reward the winner/winners with stuff from the winners wishlist. The contests can be anything from building a house/lot/venue or creating Sims or making up stories. Lotteries are just that, you just enter your name along with a link to your wishlist and the host will put all the names or numbers that is next to your name in a hat or a number randomizer and a pick the number and announce to winner. Some of those lotteries might require you to post a screenshot from your game as some may be a themed lottery or some host might want you to tell them what you like about the game or why you think you deserve to win the prize that they are giving away.

Now I have seen some people saying that they have gone to a website called swagbucks.com where you can watch videos and take surveys and playing games from over there. But watching the videos and taking surveys and playing the games only give you anywhere from 1 to 2 points towards your swagbucks. They only way that I know of getting more points towards the swagbucks is by signing up and using your credit cards on some of the things that will give you like25 to 1500 points if you sign up for things like 30 days free trials or by downloading coupons and such. I tried this but it just takes forever and I have given up on it.