Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Simmers should not forget this

Oh no, The Sims 4 doesn't have pools! No young adults?! LOADING SCREENS?! :shock:

These are everyday complaints in the community right now. Many of us are excited, but also nervous over how good The Sims 4 is going to be. This is the game we're probably going to spend 5 years playing. Just like the past entries in the series.

However, we seem to forget something here. Haven't you noticed how polished this game is? Even though it's missing a few features we're used to the basegame having, the ones that are there are fantastic. Doing this instead of including everything and doing a 🐸🐸🐸🐸 job, really worked IMO. When you go from the good old buggy The Sims 3 to TS4 you will probably immediately notice a huge difference. I've noticed with other games, that when it's polished the experience is 10 times better. Quality over quantity is a very true thing.

I'm excited for them to introduce the missing features we all know and love in expansion packs. Where they are going to be so much more polished anyways.

I'm sorry for the long sentences btw, I don't bother redoing them all.

Comments

• cooli02000cooli02000 Posts: 1,974 Member
    edited June 2014
    Nah, I'll forget this.
  • kllfkllf Posts: 96 New Member
    edited June 2014
    No YA?
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,393 Member
    edited June 2014
    I think the op meant toddlers and mistakenly put YA.
  • pandabearroxpandabearrox Posts: 2,295 Member
    edited June 2014
    I forgot.
  • AmaraRenaAmaraRena Posts: 6,533 Member
    edited June 2014
    We don't actually know if the game is polished and truly bug free. We WON'T know that til after it's released. Ergo I will sit back and let other people pay to be beta testers. IF it then proves to truly be light years better than TS3 in terms of actual performance and customer support... THEN I will consider buying it... AFTER it also offers vampires, witches, pets and weather/seasons... AND still runs smoothly and bug free.
  • Shadoza2Shadoza2 Posts: 1,579 Member
    edited June 2014
    Oh no, The Sims 4 doesn't have pools! No young adults?! LOADING SCREENS?! :shock:

These are everyday complaints in the community right now. Many of us are excited, but also nervous over how good The Sims 4 is going to be. This is the game we're probably going to spend 5 years playing. Just like the past entries in the series.

However, we seem to forget something here. Haven't you noticed how polished this game is? Even though it's missing a few features we're used to the basegame having, the ones that are there are fantastic. Doing this instead of including everything and doing a 🐸🐸🐸🐸 job, really worked IMO. When you go from the good old buggy The Sims 3 to TS4 you will probably immediately notice a huge difference. I've noticed with other games, that when it's polished the experience is 10 times better. Quality over quantity is a very true thing.

I'm excited for them to introduce the missing features we all know and love in expansion packs. Where they are going to be so much more polished anyways.

I would rather have AWESOME and buggy than polished and boring. I am waiting for the final product before I consider how good it will be for my use. Even in a highly polished state, I do not want to go back to the Sims 2 era.
  • SchweighsrSchweighsr Posts: 3,342 Member
    edited June 2014

We can't know if it is 'polished' or not until release day. For all we know they excluded everything and STILL did a 🐸🐸🐸🐸 job. We have no guarantee that TS4 won't be buggy - from the lack of live game-play video at E3 it looks as if the current build is extremely buggy.

Far be it from me to rain on your parade, but I'm going to wait to see what other people's experience with the game is before I buy - that is if I buy.

And this is the first time in 14 years I have said that about a Sims game.

• AmaraRenaAmaraRena Posts: 6,533 Member
    edited June 2014
    This. ^^ EA has a long way to go to prove to me they've changed their ways and aren't pushing out inferior product that does not work as advertised. This time around, they're going to have to prove themselves to me before they get any more money out of me for ANY of their products.
  • Biotic_WarlockBiotic_Warlock Posts: 11,063 Member
    edited June 2014
    There is young adult. Not sure what you are aiming atm.
    Gallery ID: Biotic_Warlock
  • alexandreaalexandrea Posts: 2,432 Member
    edited June 2014
    There's a huge problem when The Sims 2 runs better than The Sims 3....The Sims 3 is so poorly coded its ridiculous
    p6tqefj
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited June 2014
    Sorry, no the game doesn't sound all that polished because one reviewer (can't remember which reporters) said they watched the 'beta' software demo and it had long waits on loading screens and crashed several times. That article is somewhere in links here and over on Honeywell's site and more than one reporter/reviewer said the same thing. This late in the process all those crashes and long waits on loading screens does have me concerned and the game due out two months and seven days from now. And it should concern you, too.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • pguidapguida Posts: 7,481 Member
    edited June 2014

However, we seem to forget something here. Haven't you noticed how polished this game is?

Not really. We haven't seen real-time game play in live mode. We know little outside CAS. We have no idea about stability and if it's buggy or not.

It may very well be polished, fully realized and buggy free.

But I can't notice something I haven't seen or know little about.
  • GabbyGirlJGabbyGirlJ Posts: 6,858 Member
    edited June 2014

As others have said, we don't have any idea how smooth it is. And we won't at this stage. All that they are going to do when they show us stuff is try to put their best foot forward. I'm not saying that the game won't be smooth, I'm just saying that you can't know that it will. None of the fanbase will know until they begin to actually experience hands-on play.

All we've really seen is CAS and some staged trailers. And staged trailers are supposed to be smooth, they're supposed to make the game look lively. Someone wouldn't be doing his or her job if they didn't. :P You're not going to see any evidence of bugs in the trailers. Case in point:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ooi3TuWyXPU
    IHJCfa6.jpg