Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Where are the moderators for this forum?

MandylcdMandylcd Posts: 1,713 Member
I am so frustrated with this site lately. I know that most of the problems seem to be focused in the Sims 4 section but they are now leaking out to other areas-not that it is okay to have harassing and vulgar threads in any area of this forum. There are trolls that have been carrying on for the last few weeks and threads that remain for far too long before they are at some point locked or deleted.

Please, moderators, we need to have someone consistently monitoring this forum as long as it is open and active. I rarely complain about things, I try to remain positive, but this is getting ridiculous and I don't know how to ask for help for this problem other than creating a thread. If there is a better way to ask for help I am all ears.

EDIT-I just noticed that there is a similar thread on the Sims 4 section right now-if anyone needs an example of what I am talking about.

Comments

• Options
    dreamerz13dreamerz13 Posts: 9,927 Member
    edited June 2014
    I posted in the thread over there too, but it's less likely to be buried over here.

I agree completely that they need mods on at all times. I also feel like the need systems in place to cut down on this. The automatic removal of reported posts until they've been reviewed by a mod. Blocks so that you can't post too frequently, like you can't post more than once every 30 or 60 seconds, maybe even longer in regards to starting a new thread (like 5 mins, honestly how often do we actually need to start new threads), and it just blocks you from doing so. I know forums that have all of this in place and trolling is somewhat rare and usually handled pretty quickly (arguments are still common but outright trolling/spamming is rare)
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    dreamerz13 wrote:
    I posted in the thread over there too, but it's less likely to be buried over here.

I agree completely that they need mods on at all times. I also feel like the need systems in place to cut down on this. The automatic removal of reported posts until they've been reviewed by a mod. Blocks so that you can't post too frequently, like you can't post more than once every 30 or 60 seconds, maybe even longer in regards to starting a new thread (like 5 mins, honestly how often do we actually need to start new threads), and it just blocks you from doing so. I know forums that have all of this in place and trolling is somewhat rare and usually handled pretty quickly (arguments are still common but outright trolling/spamming is rare)

Hi dreamerz13-

Thank you for responding. I like your ideas. Maybe the moderators should consider your ideas, if they are at all possible to implement. Something needs to be done because it's just getting worse.
  • Options
    plopppoplopppo Posts: 5,031 Member
    edited June 2014
    I agree with dreamerz13 - as I kind of wondered that myself when Sesert ran riot in the past.

It does beg the question as to whether any one really cares (ie on EA's/The Sim Studio's side of the fence)? Are they really that bothered?
  • Options
    OolonglongOolonglong Posts: 562 Member
    edited June 2014
    I sure hope this is on the first page when the moderators do show up. The Sims 4 forum has been crazy this last week but tonight shows what happens when posters feel that the TOS has no teeth. Pages of the same troll will need to be deleted and there is no way any useful or interesting conversation will occur tonight.

I wish there was an ignore poster feature, because that would stop almost all of the threads right now in that forum.

If posters are going to be banned, then ban the IP address so the poster can't create another account and continue the trolling.

Mostly there needs to be some type of moderation at all times.
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    plopppo wrote:
    I agree with dreamerz13 - as I kind of wondered that myself when Sesert ran riot in the past.

It does beg the question as to whether any one really cares (ie on EA's/The Sim Studio's side of the fence)? Are they really that bothered?

Hi plopppo-

I agree with dreamerz13 as well. Yes, I was thinking of the Sesert situation too.
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    Oolonglong wrote:
    I sure hope this is on the first page when the moderators do show up. The Sims 4 forum has been crazy this last week but tonight shows what happens when posters feel that the TOS has no teeth. Pages of the same troll will need to be deleted and there is no way any useful or interesting conversation will occur tonight.

I wish there was an ignore poster feature, because that would stop almost all of the threads right now in that forum.

If posters are going to be banned, then ban the IP address so the poster can't create another account and continue the trolling.

Mostly there needs to be some type of moderation at all times.

Hi Oolonglong-

I wish there was an ignore feature as well. And, yes, I wish that they would ban IP addresses because I know that there is a good chance that of all the troll threads that have surfaced lately they might belong to two or three people who have been banned in the past.
  • Options
    plopppoplopppo Posts: 5,031 Member
    edited June 2014
    Ignore feature - good idea.

That is useful as some people on these forums simply don't like certain types of people (ie not just trolls) and sometimes they can argue with each other.

Sometimes the 'forum police/backseat moderators' can be just as bad as the trolls.

+1 to ignore feature.
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    This is puzzling-there are multiple troll threads throughout the forum-including one that was posted in the Store section. These threads have been here for hours now. But the thread in the Store section has disappeared. What about the other threads? Is there someone monitoring that section but not the others? I checked several times to see if I just overlooked it but it isn't there. Just wondering how that happened.
  • Options
    pepperw1pepperw1 Posts: 487 Member
    edited June 2014
    I for one agree with what you are saying. On your question of how that happened, if I knew which one you were referring to I could tell you how.
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    pepperw1 wrote:
    I for one agree with what you are saying. On your question of how that happened, if I knew which one you were referring to I could tell you how.

Hi pepperw1-

Thank you for your reply. If you were asking about the deleted thread- the thread that was in the Store section was completely removed-some time before someone started to lock all the problem threads in the Sims 4 section. That's all I can really say about it. I don't want to include the name of the person who authored the thread. I just noticed it because there was a flood of threads in Sims 4 that remained-as well as new ones that continued to crop up-while the one in the Store section was removed. I guess my curiosity is really pointless because the moderators will never respond to me directly. It just made me wonder because someone noticed one thread but not the slew of others (about five pages worth of these troll threads in the Sims 4 section)around the forum. The threads in the Sims 4 section were just locked, not deleted-at least as of now.

And-they moved my thread to the I & F section.
  • Options
    jcp011c2jcp011c2 Posts: 10,861 Member
    edited June 2014
    I agree there needs to be better moderation. Sometimes I wanders into the Sims 4 forum because while I've pretty much decided to not move on to Sims 4 I still want to be informed as you never know what information will change your mind.

Sometimes it's helpful wandering and sometimes I run across flaming trolling threads that just depress me. I get down about the Simming community then and I just stop posting. I know I can't be the only person who feels this way and it's good to see a thread like this - it definitely lets you know you're not alone. :-)
    It's kind of sad that I have to point out that anything I say is only just my opinion and may be a different one from someone else.