Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Edit in game looks weird-Fixed

Help!
I got a new computer last week but cannot download any of my games from origin http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/0/758190.page#12140104
But luckily my base game is on CD so i installed it along with CAW and my world files that I have been working on.
Good news is CAW runs great on my new machine, making things a lot faster and easier. Bad news is after 2 days improving my world (with the exception of my world adventures DT missing) I go to edit in game and something very weird happens.

The camera is zoomed in very close to the ground and when I zoom out I get this huge white mass that covers everything. It is almost like the sky is missing or something.

When I go into edit in town mode I can see the lot markers but it is on this same white field.
I thought perhaps I screwed up my world file when I moved it, so I opened up one of the lite files that comes with CAW and same thing.

I found a thread on MTS where someone was having the same issue. His solution was to make some changes in his mods folder. I do not have a mods folder on this install. All I have is the base game and a few store items.
My game is is at version 1.67 (or whatever the most recent version is)I am playing from the disk and re-installing CAW didn't change anything.

Do you think it is because the EP's are not installed?
I would love to install them but unfortunately EA hasn't fixed that problem and they have no idea how long it will take to fix it.

Thanks.

Comments

• Options
    SeriphinaFyieSeriphinaFyie Posts: 3,506 Member
    edited June 2014
    I know exactly what you're talking about as I've had the problem before. I wish I could remember how I fixed it... Hopefully someone can help.
  • Options
    Zach_BundyZach_Bundy Posts: 1,297 Member
    edited June 2014
    Have you made sure that the draw distance is set on high in the options menu?
  • Options
    KarilynMonroe2KarilynMonroe2 Posts: 1,463 Member
    edited June 2014
    Zach_Bundy wrote:
    Have you made sure that the draw distance is set on high in the options menu?

Everything is set to the defaults.
  • Options
    Shadoza2Shadoza2 Posts: 1,579 Member
    edited June 2014
    I have had white areas in my world. If you did not change your layer settingss, it could be caused by a corrupted code/file in the world. When it happend with me, I had to start the world from one of the back up files to get it to look write again. If everything is set to default, you should have at least two backup files in your CaW world folder.
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    It is not white areas it is like a giant white mass which covers the whole map. You can see the map just fine in CAW, but when you go to edit in game mode you can only see the land if you are zoomed in very close. As soon as you zoom out about the height of a house (I am guessing cause I havent placed any buidings yet) it is like the sky has fallen and it is all white.
    It is hard to explain but if you have seen it you will know exactly what i'm talking about.

I don't know if I mentioned it but it works find on my other computer.

Anyway, i am downloading all of the EP's and SPs now and will see if that resolves the issue. The world was started with them installed so perhaps paring down borked it somehow.
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    Shadoza2 wrote:
    I have had white areas in my world. If you did not change your layer settingss, it could be caused by a corrupted code/file in the world. When it happend with me, I had to start the world from one of the back up files to get it to look write again. If everything is set to default, you should have at least two backup files in your CaW world folder.

Thank you but I think i ruled out a corrupted save because it is the same in riverview_lite which came installed in CAW. I opened the world and went directly to Edit in game and there it was, the giant white mass in the sky.