Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Babies and Toddlers will Obviously be in The Sims 4

Saw a comment on Facebook about someone worrying that toddlers and babies won't be in The Sims 4 so I replied with this:

There would obviously be babies and toddlers in the base game. They are obviously not in the game YET as the game is still in the beta phase. Just because we haven't see them yet most likely means they are still in development. Also there would HAVE to be babies and toddlers in the base game, as you saw in the CAS pictures and trailers there is a child phase, I mean where do you think they children would come from? Out of thin air? So in conclusion everyone should stop worrying about babies and toddlers not being in the game because it's a silly thing to worry about.

Comments

• pguidapguida Posts: 7,481 Member
    edited June 2014
    I felt the same about CASt, open world, pools and terrain tools.

I do agree I think they'll be there.

We just don't know now.

I'm sure they want to, but time is running out and they are cutting left and right to make the release date.
  • menemene Posts: 2,322 Member
    edited June 2014
    Babies will be in the game... Toddlers... ehhhh I'll believe it when I see it :P
  • iDarquesseiDarquesse Posts: 228 Member
    edited June 2014
    mene wrote:
    Babies will be in the game... Toddlers... ehhhh I'll believe it when I see it :P

Well how can EA's versions of baby's make macaroni art....? Surely thats' proof enough, Not to mention the direct quote stating that all life states in TS3 would be in TS4 :/
  • kirby356kirby356 Posts: 4,607 Member
    edited June 2014
    There's definitely going to be toddlers, as they've said that all life stages from TS3 are going to be in the game. Plus they've stated that macaroni art will be in the game, and that's more of a toddler thing.
  • menemene Posts: 2,322 Member
    edited June 2014
    iDarquesse wrote:
    mene wrote:

Well how can EA's versions of baby's make macaroni art....? Surely thats' proof enough, Not to mention the direct quote stating that all life states in TS3 would be in TS4 :/

" Lyndsay Pearson @SimGuruLyndsay

.@jacobsleiman Second tidbit - the kids get to create art too. Their "best" creations feature macaroni art. :)"

The tweet says "Kids" not toddlers... Once again I'll believe toddlers are in the game when I see a screenshot or a demo. No less :/
    edited June 2014
    kirby356 wrote:
    There's definitely going to be toddlers, as they've said that all life stages from TS3 are going to be in the game.

They had also said we could buy clothes...
  • kirby356kirby356 Posts: 4,607 Member
    edited June 2014
    pguida wrote:
    kirby356 wrote:
    There's definitely going to be toddlers, as they've said that all life stages from TS3 are going to be in the game.

True. 🐸🐸🐸🐸 EA, just show us a freaking live demo already.
  • Line870Line870 Posts: 91 Member
    edited June 2014
    Well... They've just confirmed that we will be able to breastfeed, and I'm pretty sure that points to babies being in the game :wink:
    And also... I DO believe that there would be toddlers in the Sims 4, cause if ´babies just aged up to being kids, that would be a total step back from the sims 2 and 3!
    edited June 2014
    Line870 wrote:
    Well... They've just confirmed that we will be able to breastfeed, and I'm pretty sure that points to babies being in the game :wink:
    And also... I DO believe that there would be toddlers in the Sims 4, cause if ´babies just aged up to being kids, that would be a total step back from the sims 2 and 3!

Much like every TS4 feature is...
  • iDarquesseiDarquesse Posts: 228 Member
    edited June 2014
    94AuBU7.gif
  • GreenCatsGreenCats Posts: 9,318 Member
    edited June 2014
    I think the main concern (on here anyway, I'm not sure about facebook) was not that they wouldn't be in the game, but that they wouldn't be available in CAS, which still remains to be seen. We also don't yet know whether babies and toddlers will be separate from one another.

You mentioned the game was still in beta, but beta = feature complete.

From wikipedia:
    Beta is feature and asset complete version of the game, when only bugs are being fixed. This version contains no bugs that prevent the game from being shippable. No changes are made to the game features, assets, or code. Beta occurs two to three months before code release.

Still, it's possible those screens we saw from CAS were from an earlier (alpha) version of the game, or that the toddler icon is somewhere else on the interface, not with the other age states.
    You can still find me on my old My page (http://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/GreenCats), and see more of my game-play pictures and CC-free uploads at gcsims.com
  • kovu0207kovu0207 Posts: 6,209 Member
    edited June 2014
    pguida wrote:
    kirby356 wrote:

/\/\/\

THIS

Believe EA... never again. :(
    kovu0207ver2.jpg
  • enkeli63enkeli63 Posts: 6,637 Member
    edited June 2014
    kovu0207 wrote:
    pguida wrote:
    kirby356 wrote:

/\/\/\

THIS

Believe EA... never again. :(

EA's new slogan is a

EA Games... Remove Everything!

OriginID Starwing6
    my Sims 4 story blog: http://www.starwingsims.com/

Join SimsWriters.com to promote or enjoy fan-generated content (stories, videos, music, etc) celebrating The Sims.
  • utterlyunzippedutterlyunzipped Posts: 503 New Member
    edited June 2014
    A warning flag goes up when ever someone uses the word 'obviously' like this.

Until the game is released nothing is set in stone. Yes they have mentioned babies, but they could cut them out at the last minute. Toddlers are only guessed at based on CAS screens which were not the finished product.

They said once that all the age stages from The Sims 3 would be in TS4 but there is a lot of speculation now that either Teens or young Adults have been cut.

This game is supposed to be out in 2 1/2 months and yet it is still confirmed to be in the alpha stage!! Which means features are still be added and removed!

Love the new catch phrase:
    EA Games... Remove Everything!

• kovu0207kovu0207 Posts: 6,209 Member
    edited June 2014
    A warning flag goes up when ever someone uses the word 'obviously' like this.

Until the game is released nothing is set in stone.

Agreed, so many people were sure that it would be open world, that we'd get a colour wheel, that buying clothing would all definitely be in the game.

Only one thing is certain, it seems you can't trust a word EA say. :(
    kovu0207ver2.jpg
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited June 2014
    kirby356 wrote:
    There's definitely going to be toddlers, as they've said that all life stages from TS3 are going to be in the game. Plus they've stated that macaroni art will be in the game, and that's more of a toddler thing.

They also said there would be shopping for clothes. I haven't seen a toddler icon in the latest CAS. Maybe they will be but TS1 didn't have toddlers. How far back to their roots are they going? :wink:
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.