Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

New Glitch,surprise! NOT..1259am?

OK, so all of a sudden the last few times I have played, My game starts to freeze/lag at 1259 Sim time until around 2am. Every night without fail. This has hit out of the blue, I have not added or deleted any mods, done anything to the game, changed anything, or messed with anything. So the only thing I can think of is it started a few days after a new roommate from the homeless list moved in off of add room mate in the NRAS MC mod. Easy way to get a roomy and I have used it before...anyone got any idea about this?

Comments

• igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited June 2014
    Well, clearly there is some process trying to run at 1 am that is taking up too much in the way of resources. I doubt it's related to the roommate. If it weren't for the fact that the problem is recurring regularly as you describe, I would ask if some sim is giving birth somewhere else in town -- but it would take a lot of talent to give birth at precisely the same time every night.

For this one, unless you get a better answer here, I suggest that you post it at the NRaas site on Chatterbox (free registration required to post). There are mod developers there who might be able to help you figure out what's going on in your game at that hour, even if it's not mod related.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • ChimarkChimark Posts: 2,166 Member
    edited June 2014
    If you have NRAAS error trap and/or overwatch, that should sort it out.

It could be a stuck Sim. The Sim gets off work at that time and is trying to go home and gets a routing error and is stuck.
  • spend4zenspend4zen Posts: 244 Member
    edited June 2014
    Thanks for the idea's everyone, Yes I do have overwatch/error trap, I thought maybe its the process of cleaning the cars up and stuck Sims since it stops doing it around 2am sim time before the 3am report, after that all is well again. The Sim getting off work idea sounds possible, I might have to look into that one and what is closing at that time. I noticed a lot of stuck pets, usually the same one's every night on the clean up report to, hmmmm. Just another fun issue with Sims3, I have to give them credit for improving My game hacking skills,lol... :lol::lol:
  • KurokuLeeKurokuLee Posts: 155 Member
    edited June 2014
    Overwatch does cause the game to freeze at whilst it deletes abandoned vehicles. Does for me every 3am sim day. It depends on how many cars it needs to delete (I had up to 12000 cars deleted in one day until I used NRass Traffic to prevent them building up!).

The traffic mod will reduce the work that Overwatch has to do - thus helping with the freezes. :)
  • BobboBobbo Posts: 1,471 Member
    edited June 2014
    Just to ease your mind I have added roommates before using MC with no problems.

I am not sure if this is how I broke the carpool/school buses but I would be careful toying around with your roommates career using MC. Pick one and don't change it. If you don't give them a career and they are unemployed they will just be around the house all day which I find annoying. It is also not believable because they pay rent.

If you want to have most of a day free I found visiting the gym with them in the morning and ditching them there works really well.
  • Sid1701D9Sid1701D9 Posts: 4,718 Member
    edited June 2014
    Neighborhood sims age at 12:59AM, If there is a lot of elderly sims that is close to aging since there is only one Grim Reaper, the game throws a invisible change card on each of the elder sims that are close to dying and the one that gets the lucky number gets to die. Sims. That night at 10:00 the sim will turn into a ghost and the Grim Reaper will show up and shove the ghost into tombstone and put it in the mausoleum.

Also, from what I found sims will not age up to new life stay if they are at your house for a party as it is just a copy of that household and neither will they age up when you are at their house because its just a copy of that household.
    Sid1701d-"I love my life, live my life and live to play, laugh and have fun."

"Love will Fight, Love will Win and Love will Survive."
  • igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited June 2014
    Sid1701D9 wrote:
    Neighborhood sims age at 12:59AM, If there is a lot of elderly sims that is close to aging since there is only one Grim Reaper, the game throws a invisible change card on each of the elder sims that are close to dying and the one that gets the lucky number gets to die. Sims. That night at 10:00 the sim will turn into a ghost and the Grim Reaper will show up and shove the ghost into tombstone and put it in the mausoleum.

Also, from what I found sims will not age up to new life stay if they are at your house for a party as it is just a copy of that household and neither will they age up when you are at their house because its just a copy of that household.

May I ask where you got the information about "copies" of households? It is my understanding that inactive sims should be in hibernation -- that is, off-camera -- in order to age up. The only copies of sims I am aware of (also known as mini-Sims) only come into play when an inactive appears away from their own homeworld, such as in a tourist role.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • BobboBobbo Posts: 1,471 Member
    edited June 2014
    I don't like the term hibernation because it doesn't really fit what is going on. Sims are still be routed around all over town they are just not on camera.

I can forcible age a Sim that is visiting my home so I am not sure how the "copies" thing is supposed to work.
  • Faith12368Faith12368 Posts: 2,997 Member
    edited June 2014
    Sid1701D9 wrote:

It is not true that the sims are copies, I have had plenty of parties in order to age children up to keep up with my sim child. And they stay aged when they go home and come back.
    Long live the new Doctor!