Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

July focuses on everyone's favorite pastime *Updated Wednesday, July 2!

Comments

• CandySims14CandySims14 Posts: 475 Member
    edited June 2014
    Hey Simmers!

Ready to see what July has in store for you?

1) Is it Tea Time yet? #BrunchAtTheOldMill

Ooooh ... what else is at the Old Mill ?!? :?:
  • RoseRidgeRoseRidge Posts: 1,321 Member
    edited June 2014
    hmm the table and tea set look kind of combined to me. Like placing a chess table, where you can only put chairs around it. Otherwise the four cup set up wouldn't work at a bigger table.

That was how I saw it too! :mrgreen:
  • darkwidow11darkwidow11 Posts: 601 Member
    edited June 2014
    OMG finally we get tea!! The tables look wonderful too! I hope we can use the harvastables to make different flavors.
  • Nik24X7Nik24X7 Posts: 7,865 Member
    edited June 2014
    OMG finally we get tea!! The tables look wonderful too! I hope we can use the harvastables to make different flavors.
    Not to mention lemons of you have Monte Vista. Or milk if you have the cow. :P
    Origin ID: nik24x7
  • jeancabrerajeancabrera Posts: 150 Member
    edited June 2014
    Finally! Many thanks for the tea set. Or is that a tea house? :lol::lol::D:D
  • LuvtehGeeksLuvtehGeeks Posts: 1,663 Member
    edited June 2014
    Hey wait, how did she know our favorite pastime is drinking and playing with pixel dollies? :shock: :lol::lol::lol:
    graphics-kisses-hugs-822976.gif
  • SamiKatSamiKat Posts: 3,786 Member
    edited June 2014
    RoseRidge wrote:
    hmm the table and tea set look kind of combined to me. Like placing a chess table, where you can only put chairs around it. Otherwise the four cup set up wouldn't work at a bigger table.

It also looks like all four cups of tea appear automatically, even if only two people are seated at the table. This likely means that the activity is limited to four people, as well.

Neither group appears to be having a conversation as they drink their tea, so that is still an unknown; but the set itself looks lovely!
    edited June 2014
    samiam662 wrote:
    RoseRidge wrote:

It also looks like all four cups of tea appear automatically, even if only two people are seated at the table. This likely means that the activity is limited to four people, as well.

Neither group appears to be having a conversation as they drink their tea, so that is still an unknown; but the set itself looks lovely!

I have so many ideas for a tea room.

The first thing I am going to do is take one of the rooms from the Deliciously Indulgent Bakery and turn it into a tea room. I think it will look perfect in that style building. That way I can jump right in and play before I start building my own tea room. I have already made the back portion of the Deliciously Indulgent Bakery into a florist shop.

@samiam,
    I was thinking of placing a long row of tables together with MOO, Mad Hatter Style, but that would cause some foot stamping if the cups are pre-attached and not placed like the menus from the Bistro.

Looks like we need more details.
  • Tiki5872Tiki5872 Posts: 3,115 Member
    edited June 2014
    Tea set looks really nice..... love the floral and daintyness of it!! Also, is that a new table with a tablecloth on it??
    NewBanner.jpg
    Origin ID: Tiki5872
  • luvalphvleluvalphvle Posts: 1,545 Member
    edited June 2014
    Well, my favorite pastime is playing the Sims, so I guess every set focuses on that. lol Still, this looks really nice! Can't wait to see more!
  • HollownessDevourHollownessDevour Posts: 8,011 Member
    edited June 2014
    Squeeeee been wanting this for so long!

By favorite past time, I think they are referring to the Sims 2 tea set? (For years people been asking for this for Sims 3 since it was in Sims 2) Which makes me think we will get a Asian ceremonial tea set version too or in lieu of.

Sorry it is a female dominated game most items and clothing are geared towards females probably cause more females play this game and since this series is almost over don't expect a large quick male injection of store stuff, we will be lucky for a few male things for any genre, style or theme. More adrenaline like stuff hasn't really been ask for as much as other things... long story short we will get kids, elders and maybe even maternity before another all or male majority set in a male heavy theme like adrenaline.
  • dizzydeedizzydee Posts: 1,269 Member
    edited June 2014
    Hey Simmers!

Screenshot-16%2520%25282%2529.jpg

Stay tuned for more!

:D:) :shock: :shock: :shock: :):D

I think I need to go calm down. Some tea - I think. :wink:
  • poshiepie89poshiepie89 Posts: 111 Member
    edited June 2014
    I know that a lot of other Simmers and I have been begging the store team for a tea set, and on behalf of all of us, I say Thank You, Woot Woot, & SQUEEEEEE for Tea!!

I finally have the missing piece to my Bucket Family!
    37979877_zps2cecf568.jpg
  • AnmirlaAnmirla Posts: 3,836 Member
    edited June 2014
    37979877_zps2cecf568.jpg

HAHA!!! Loving this.

Oh lordy, I may need to make a Hyacinth Sim. :lol:
    baby%20bat_zpsgzvzhrnc.gif
  • alexspoom13alexspoom13 Posts: 7,439 Member
    edited June 2014
    This isn't a venue is it? The #BrunchAtTheOldMill tag suggests it could be, but I'm pretty sure SGCopeland said July's release would be a set. An old-world tea venue would be nice, but I'd rather just have it as a set so we can buy individual items.

I so, so hope we get some doilies, tablecloths and cups as decor with this. So much potential for building an old English tearoom. :mrgreen: Didn't Copeland also hint at scones? :shock:
  • kuroi_nekomatakuroi_nekomata Posts: 817 Member
    edited June 2014
    The dinerware looks so lovely. I hope we can also use it as deco. And hopefully some new herbs like chamomile and green tea leaves. I also wonder if the table is new or if we get tablecloth. tablecloth would be nice. ;)
  • Mistletoe143Mistletoe143 Posts: 2,803 Member
    edited June 2014
    This isn't a venue is it? The #BrunchAtTheOldMill tag suggests it could be, but I'm pretty sure SGCopeland said July's release would be a set. An old-world tea venue would be nice, but I'd rather just have it as a set so we can buy individual items.

I so, so hope we get some doilies, tablecloths and cups as decor with this. So much potential for building an old English tearoom. :mrgreen: Didn't Copeland also hint at scones? :shock:

Yes, SGCopeland has hinted quite strongly that it will only be a set. But, no actual confirmation that it is not a venue.

I'm not sure about the scones, though. Although I do suspect there will be another PC object with this set, possibly food-related, maybe related to the Bohemian Garden set?

Also, does anyone know if those curtain are new? What about the patterns?

I adore new curtains for the many-shaped windows we have. Also, I would love it if we got some new CASt patterns with this set, too.
  • Rococo1256Rococo1256 Posts: 233 Member
    edited June 2014
    Yippee! Now, it would be so nice if the bakery would go on the Sale page around the same time as this tea set is released. The Daily Deal for the bakery sells way too fast.

Wouldn't it be great if this set also had iced tea?
    I am GreenRocket on the Gallery.
  • CinderellimouseCinderellimouse Posts: 19,380 Member
    edited June 2014
    Gah! I just wrote a huge essay about how much I love this and how excited I am... then I got blimmin' LIAMED!

*kicks a gnome*

Anyway, take my word that it involved lots of excited squee-ing and this rather wonderful meme:

h237897A0
    edited June 2014
    I know that a lot of other Simmers and I have been begging the store team for a tea set, and on behalf of all of us, I say Thank You, Woot Woot, & SQUEEEEEE for Tea!!

37979877_zps2cecf568.jpg

Oh, I adore Hyacinth and her bragging about her Royal Doulton hand-painted periwinkle china!

Hope we can CASt the china, I am definitely making a periwinkle pattern! :lol::lol::lol:

Edit to say in my excitement I failed to say - Thank You Store Team!
  • CinderellimouseCinderellimouse Posts: 19,380 Member
    edited June 2014
    Question: can the tea set be put on different tables or is it all one object? (Love the table... just curious).
  • Krisha880Krisha880 Posts: 1,553 Member
    edited June 2014
    Anmirla wrote:
    37979877_zps2cecf568.jpg

HAHA!!! Loving this.

Oh lordy, I may need to make a Hyacinth Sim. :lol:
    Hee hee, Mrs Bucket... I mean Mrs Bouquet :lol: Every town should have a Hyacinth! :lol:

Yay - a tea set :mrgreen: Love the pinkie, the doily and that " #BrunchAtTheOldMill" may refer to the unlocking of the corn! :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:
    edited June 2014
    Question: can the tea set be put on different tables or is it all one object? (Love the table... just curious).

Yes, a lot of my building ideas hinge on this question. That and CASt. :D
  • simhead70simhead70 Posts: 614 Member
    edited June 2014
    Hey Simmers!

Screenshot-16%2520%25282%2529.jpg

Stay tuned for more!
    Tea for Four
    So lovely. The tea set is very nice. I'm hoping we get many other designs on the tea set. But those flowers are very lovely. It would also be adorable to see a lace decor glove hanging from a table Or decor wide brimed hat. Some harvestables for different tea's would be great. ALthough the set looks conected to the table, it would be nice if the table clothe itself was placable.
    b141edb2-262e-48c6-a432-99db802758b0_zpspfbmwyih.jpg