This site will go into read-only mode on July 18th as the new Forums.EA.com are now live.

Some of you guys are giving sims 4 way to much of a break because of sims 3.

Comments

• Options
    Jarsie9Jarsie9 Posts: 12,714 Member
    edited June 2014
    IcySlash wrote:

Also, if anything, i'd like to blame EA for insisting on making TS4 accessible to lower-end computers and we are all seeing the consequences this is bringing to the Series, while with the previous 3 Games this clearly wasn't the focus.

What consequences? I have a problem with high-end computer snobbery. It's nice that some people can afford to pay the big bucks for their computer, but how does that give them the right to look down their noses at those who can only afford to buy a low-end machine?

In case you didn't notice, The Sims is an international franchise. Not everyone can afford to buy a brand spanking new higher-end machine to play the game. We are also dealing with a poor economy in this country. EA simply wants to make sure it hits the widest marketing base while it still can. Limiting the game to only high-end users would be counter-productive, as they make more money selling to a broader base of customers than to only those whose machines are "worthy" of playing this game.
    EA Marketing Department Motto:
    "We Don't Care If You LIKE The Game, Just As Long As You BUY The Game!"
    B)
    I Disapprove (Naturally)
    I Took The Pledge!
  • Options
    GreenCatsGreenCats Posts: 9,318 Member
    edited June 2014
    Jarsie9 wrote:
    If he wasn't trying to turn this into a TS4 vs. TS3 debate, then he should have chosen his words more carefully and used a more neutral tone of voice. The way his post is worded gives the impression that he is, indeed, trying to sway people into not buying the Sim 4, and that he would be very happy leading the charge to force EA to change The Sims 4 more to his liking. Too bad, real life doesn't work that way.

And, yes, when people do criticize The Sims 4 because of some feature that got left out of it, the overall impression is that they like The Sims 3 better and are disappointed because TS4 is not going to be The Sims 3.5 or The Sims 3 Remastered.

My understanding (and apologies again OP for presuming to speak for you) was that he was criticizing TS3 for 'mess[ing] up big time', having 'deserted lots and glitches', and suffering from 'bad routing' and 'bad programming', and that those problems lower our expectations for TS4. We assume (without evidence and in some cases it seems without really thinking) that the features so many people loved about TS3, and would be sad to see left out of TS4, were the causes of all these things, and so are happy just finally to be promised a bug-free game with sims who don't ever stand around staring into the distance like creepy little robots. I do understand the relief these things will bring - assuming they are actually delivered - but I also agree with the OP that there's a danger of us letting that relief get in the way of making clear-minded judgement about TS4.

Now I don't really mind whether people make clear-minded judgments about buying (or not buying TS4). But I do think it's a problem when every complaint or anxiety about an announced feature of TS4 the game gets derailed by people saying 'but TS3 was so buggy and rubbish!', when the claim being made is not 'I loved all the bugs had TS3 had; I hope they bring those back'.
    You can still find me on my old My page (http://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/GreenCats), and see more of my game-play pictures and CC-free uploads at gcsims.com
  • Options
    GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,973 Member
    edited June 2014
    Sims 3 IMO has not done well(I will not say failed) because of EA/Maxis due to how it was programmed and under the format it was programmed for. I am very leary of Sims 4 for various reasons and it past record in releasing it's games and the reason I am not rushing to buy it. What EA/Maxis is pushing sounds good and all but when you get the product it is not what was being marketed. Same thing happened before Sims 3 released you got a lot of fanfare and when it did release, some of those cheers turned into frowns. Bet you soon as Sims 5(provided Sims 4 do well) is mentioned You will see the same thing then that is happening here and now. Let the people rejoice and have their moment, I hope it works out for them but Sims 4 is not next gen.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Options
    simsacesimsace Posts: 1,483 Member
    edited June 2014
    Jarsie9 wrote:
    IcySlash wrote:

Also, if anything, i'd like to blame EA for insisting on making TS4 accessible to lower-end computers and we are all seeing the consequences this is bringing to the Series, while with the previous 3 Games this clearly wasn't the focus.

What consequences? I have a problem with high-end computer snobbery. It's nice that some people can afford to pay the big bucks for their computer, but how does that give them the right to look down their noses at those who can only afford to buy a low-end machine?

In case you didn't notice, The Sims is an international franchise. Not everyone can afford to buy a brand spanking new higher-end machine to play the game. We are also dealing with a poor economy in this country. EA simply wants to make sure it hits the widest marketing base while it still can. Limiting the game to only high-end users would be counter-productive, as they make more money selling to a broader base of customers than to only those whose machines are "worthy" of playing this game.

I can't speak for everyone when it comes to what we think the specs should be. But the way i see it and I'm sure a lot of others do, the game's requirements should match the minimum specs of computers today, which from the look of things it isn't.

quick comparison
    sims 3, the game that gave us all these new features and the open world, needed 1.5 gigs of RAM

sims 4, 5 years later removes open world. Yet the minimum amount of RAM computers have has been raised to 4gigs.

somethings not right there :?
  • Options
    IcySlashIcySlash Posts: 1,070 Member
    edited June 2014
    Jarsie9 wrote:
    IcySlash wrote:

It's simply that ''Everyone getting hit the same way because of some people who can't afford a better computer'' problem, which i have.

The point is that while they try to make the Series more accessible, some features will be lost in the wind. Basically, this Series will never be able to reach it's full potential which i'm sure EA is capable of achieve if they didn't care so much about this right now. Surely, TS3 was all -heavy/laggy and all, but was this enough to make a watered down sequel? this is my main complain.
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    GreenCats wrote:
    Jarsie9 wrote:
    If he wasn't trying to turn this into a TS4 vs. TS3 debate, then he should have chosen his words more carefully and used a more neutral tone of voice. The way his post is worded gives the impression that he is, indeed, trying to sway people into not buying the Sim 4, and that he would be very happy leading the charge to force EA to change The Sims 4 more to his liking. Too bad, real life doesn't work that way.

And, yes, when people do criticize The Sims 4 because of some feature that got left out of it, the overall impression is that they like The Sims 3 better and are disappointed because TS4 is not going to be The Sims 3.5 or The Sims 3 Remastered.

My understanding (and apologies again OP for presuming to speak for you) was that he was criticizing TS3 for 'mess[ing] up big time', having 'deserted lots and glitches', and suffering from 'bad routing' and 'bad programming', and that those problems lower our expectations for TS4. We assume (without evidence and in some cases it seems without really thinking) that the features so many people loved about TS3, and would be sad to see left out of TS4, were the causes of all these things, and so are happy just finally to be promised a bug-free game with sims who don't ever stand around staring into the distance like creepy little robots. I do understand the relief these things will bring - assuming they are actually delivered - but I also agree with the OP that there's a danger of us letting that relief get in the way of making clear-minded judgement about TS4.

Now I don't really mind whether people make clear-minded judgments about buying (or not buying TS4). But I do think it's a problem when every complaint or anxiety about an announced feature of TS4 the game gets derailed by people saying 'but TS3 was so buggy and rubbish!', when the claim being made is not 'I loved all the bugs had TS3 had; I hope they bring those back'.

apologies not necessary. Your correct in what I'm assuming and talking about.
  • Options
    ArlettaArletta Posts: 8,444 Member
    edited June 2014
    Deshong04 wrote:
    Arletta wrote:
    I'm very probably overtired, so please bear that in mind before you destruct what I'm going to say.

Why is this important to you?

Is my opinion of the game of any relevence to you at all?

What would you have me do any different, assuming you can find a reason for my choices and money being of your concern?

Have you considered that some ppl may just have severely disliked The Sims 3 and be ready to move on?

Some may feel plain ready to move on anyway.

I could probably come up with more questions, if you wish, but I suspect by morning I'll be far less bothered that you are bothered by whatever my opinion might be.

Me personally could care less what others opinions are just provided they are mature and respectful. (I understand those who will buy whatever just for the love of a game but not so much those who try to make excuses for really bad customer service and make light of it.) However it does raise a curiosity with me about others logic of TS4 going to be so much better than TS3 and here is why.

Who created TS3? EA
    Who is creating TS4? EA

That doesn't ring a bell?
    giphy.gif

To further explain: It is how the game company handles their game issues than the issues itself, therefore EA is one of the most horrible game companies I have ever dealt with really, really bad customer service with their product, TS3.

What makes so many think TS4 will be any better than TS3 in terms of how it is coded/programmed? If TS3 was poorly done, why would anyone think TS4 would be any better? Oh because EA has dramatically minimized complex features that must of been too advanced for them to code/program correctly in the first place. As evidenced by modders such as Nrass since EA never implementated the obvious for such advanced features as the open world. They half done the job with TS3 from the very beginning and some don't wonder if that may be the case yet again?

giphy.gif

I honestly cannot speak for anybody else, but I do not believe that TS4 will be less buggy than TS3. I'm not holding up the open world or CASt as the reason for any problems I've had with TS3. I don't expect that technology wise they will fix anything more or help anymore than they already did. My knowledge of technology and programming is limited at best. I can turn around and say the problems are bad programming, the open world or the fact that we have aliens in the game as the reason. Just because I say it is doesn't make it so.

I was curious to know why this was so important to the OP, especially in light of the fact that I've sat and argued with him repeatedly, around the release of Showtime, perhaps before that, about whether the open world was the problem and if TS3 should have subhoods. He was the one arguing for subhoods btw, yet suddenly we shouldn't compromise.

I'm not rushing to the nearest shop to make my pre-order. Even if my informed choice, and it will be exactly that, turns out that I do pre-order it won't be done until around halfway through August. I'll sit nearer the time and debate the pro's and con's of moving on vs staying behind and whether I'll be able to live with what they've removed. It will be an informed decision nearer the release date.

Like Jarsie, I don't understand the point of the thread. There doesn't seem to be one other than we shouldn't buy. I want to understand his point, but it really doesn't seem to be coming across, at least for me.

*Please note, using a hypothetical 'he'.
  • Options
    GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,973 Member
    edited June 2014
    GreenCats wrote:
    Jarsie9 wrote:
    In effect, it should be possible to have this discussion without the implication that people who are going to spend money on The Sims 4 are total idiots and "🐸🐸🐸🐸".

I agree, personal comments like that - saying 'oh you only feel that way because...' - are almost always unhelpful and inflammatory.

I agree as well!
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    Arletta wrote:
    I honestly cannot speak for anybody else, but I do not believe that TS4 will be less buggy than TS3. I'm not holding up the open world or CASt as the reason for any problems I've had with TS3. I don't expect that technology wise they will fix anything more or help anymore than they already did. My knowledge of technology and programming is limited at best. I can turn around and say the problems are bad programming, the open world or the fact that we have aliens in the game as the reason. Just because I say it is doesn't make it so.

I was curious to know why this was so important to the OP, especially in light of the fact that I've sat and argued with him repeatedly, around the release of Showtime, perhaps before that, about whether the open world was the problem and if TS3 should have subhoods. He was the one arguing for subhoods btw, yet suddenly we shouldn't compromise.

I'm not rushing to the nearest shop to make my pre-order. Even if my informed choice, and it will be exactly that, turns out that I do pre-order it won't be done until around halfway through August. I'll sit nearer the time and debate the pro's and con's of moving on vs staying behind and whether I'll be able to live with what they've removed. It will be an informed decision nearer the release date.

Like Jarsie, I don't understand the point of the thread. There doesn't seem to be one other than we shouldn't buy. I want to understand his point, but it really doesn't seem to be coming across, at least for me.

*Please note, using a hypothetical 'he'.

please do tell me how subhoods is compromising? Subhoods is allowing each town to experience the features of an expansion pack instead of having to play a specific town just to enjoy the content(Island paradise being one of the worst offenders) And you know what, this is something that's probably going to be even more of an issue in Sims 4 because of the 25/26 lot limit. And i know we haven't seen the edit town tools yet, but if we could add more lots I have a feeling they would have told people to calm them down about this or maybe as another reason why districts are good.

You want to know what the point of this thread is? To have people look at the sims 4 without nostalgia goggles on that make people ignore clear issues just because we're going back to the charm of sims 2. The fact of the matter is, the franchise hasn't moved forward overall with sims 4 anymore than it did with sims 3. It seems a lot of peoples expectations for sims 4 are what sims 3 should have been, instead of what 2 iterations of a franchise after sims 2 should be.

we have no guarantee these new systems will work any better than the old ones. And even the smallest things have been taken out. We don't even have automatic CC flags in the exchange/gallery anymore. Even if everything does turn out great, it's going to be "oh this is fantastic! we got exactly what we should have gotten 5 years ago and already payed a lot of money for"

And I'm not going to buy the game, I could just leave the forum and say nothing, but i won't. Because people buying an underdeveloped product and encouraging this type of behavior again in the future means we will probably have to put up with this stuff again 5 years from now with a Sims 5. Maybe next time you guys will be on the other side of the fence seeing features you love removed while some get added you think don't make up for the loss. That's why this is my problem, especially since the closest thing EA has to a competitor for us to support instead, is Tomodachi Life on the 3DS.

• Options
    moo11xmoo11x Posts: 1,155 Member
    edited June 2014
    It's not an upgrade of TS3 it's a completely new game built from scratch... So yes I am looking forward to TS4~

• Options
    edited June 2014
    moo11x wrote:
    It's not an upgrade of TS3 it's a completely new game built from scratch... So yes I am looking forward to TS4~

you are missing....just about every single point.
  • Options
    Asuka7794Asuka7794 Posts: 1,431 Member
    edited June 2014
    IcySlash wrote:
    Jarsie9 wrote:
    IcySlash wrote:

It's simply that ''Everyone getting hit the same way because of some people who can't afford a better computer'' problem, which i have.

The point is that while they try to make the Series more accessible, some features will be lost in the wind. Basically, this Series will never be able to reach it's full potential which i'm sure EA is capable of achieve if they didn't care so much about this right now. Surely, TS3 was all -heavy/laggy and all, but was this enough to make a watered down sequel? this is my main complain.

You are absolutely right. The sims franchise is an anomaly in the gaming industry. The lack of competition means less need to make the game the best it can be. With a fan base that will support the game no matter what as well as a lack of stiff competition, the franchise will decline very quickly (as evident in the past 5 years).

spin.gif
  • Options
    atomic_roseatomic_rose Posts: 790 Member
    edited June 2014
    I'm actually looking forward to reading the reviews on the forums from people who are buying the game on release day. I'm still on the fence whether or not to buy it so all of these people who are buying it are doing people like me a huge favor!

This is what is wrong with society today, everyone is so rude to each other, doesn't pay any mind to others' feelings, and smacks down anyone who has an idea that is different.
  • Options
    Shadoza2Shadoza2 Posts: 1,580 Member
    edited June 2014
    foluke11 wrote:
    Just don't buy it Simsace.
    I'm tired of you coming onto the forums and bringing others down. If you don't like Sims 4 then stick with Sims 3. :roll:

I thought the fora was for discussions. To tell someone to stop talking or expressing themselves on the a forum sounds like a defense move.

I do not like what I am hearing about The Sims 4. Currently, I am not planning to purchase it. Currently, I am planning to stay with The Sims 3. I am not going to stop expressing my thoughts and feelings on The Sims 4 because someone doesn't like what I am saying.

It seems that nearly every thread in the fora is being hijacked by the same group of users. Some who like The Sims 4 and some who do not. Both sides are attacking anyone that does not agree with their view. I am saying the words: Let the people talk without fear of being attacked.
  • Options
    AnavastiaAnavastia Posts: 6,515 Member
    edited June 2014
    Simsace let me ask you something? Do you play other games on today's market? How open are you to trying different games? Do you also play some of the indie ones?

I'm asking these questions for a few reasons. 1 Being that people tend to compare games and than critic them rather than actually look at the game for what it actually is and critic them.

You know why i didn't like sims 3 for quite a while, because as a game it was subpar. If i wanted a architect simulator i would have easily asked my friend to build a program for me to use to simulate building and customization. Although CAST, CAS, open world, etc were strong visual concepts, when it boiled down to the gameplay it was very subpar. It wasn't what sims 3 lacked from sims 2 that put me off on it. Far from it as i strongly felt the series tried to copy too much from sims 2. No it was the fact as a game, comparing to the subject of video gaming sims 3 was and still is not a good game. You are not playing a game when your characters are spending most of the time traveling across huge maps or in rabbit holes. When most of the play is not controlled by the player but by a series of buffs and text messages. This makes for poor gaming. If any industry other than zynga games tried to pull this crap that game will quickly crumble. That meant no exception to sims who saw a drop in sales in expansions and base game. The only increase they had was in dlc, and that was because a handful of people purchased store content in the 1000's to gift to others

that being said Sims 3 had it's strong areas and it had it's weak areas. Now that sims 4 has come on to the picture we assume that the game has returned to being like sims 2. We also assume that it will flop. However no one on here has play tested it to see if it's fun or not. How can we assume because it lacks the ridiculously high capabilities of CAST, or incorporated loading screens, or have a lack of terrain tools that the game will flop and that is the least fun. These things aren't a form of gameplay and they never were. The lack of them doesn't define the sims. The game very well may be very fun based on it's own merrits. The game may fit it's own theme now, which was play with life. Something sims 3 couldn't fully accomplish. Today's gaming hasn't made huge leaps and bounds like people think.

The gaming industry has reached it's cliff so to speak. Right now what dev's are doing is combining other genres to create new experiences because, there is nothing new and innovative to do. Until software and hardware revolutionize gaming will always be at it's cliff hanger. Just because we can process information faster or show more pixels doesn't change the gaming industry. So what are dev's discovering in the wake of all this. Players do not like change. In fact several articles have shown players do not like innovation and it doesn't sell well among them. It shows with sims 3 sales when EA tried to combine rpg elements to innovate sims. At the end of the day what im saying is before we condemn the game. Instead of looking at what it doesn't have from sims 1, 2, or 3. Look at it first as what it is a video game. Judge it of it's own capabilities and decide. If from there after you've learned how it's played, whats in it than make a sound argument that it will fail, or that it's subpar.
  • Options
    jade95006jade95006 Posts: 30
    edited June 2014
    Shadoza2 wrote:
    foluke11 wrote:
    Just don't buy it Simsace.
    I'm tired of you coming onto the forums and bringing others down. If you don't like Sims 4 then stick with Sims 3. :roll:

I thought the fora was for discussions. To tell someone to stop talking or expressing themselves on the a forum sounds like a defense move.

I do not like what I am hearing about The Sims 4. Currently, I am not planning to purchase it. Currently, I am planning to stay with The Sims 3. I am not going to stop expressing my thoughts and feelings on The Sims 4 because someone doesn't like what I am saying.

It seems that nearly every thread in the fora is being hijacked by the same group of users. Some who like The Sims 4 and some who do not. Both sides are attacking anyone that does not agree with their view. I am saying the words: Let the people talk without fear of being attacked.

To be honest, I rarely post on these forums but the constant threads of complaining left and right is getting annoying to a certain degree. Everyone has a right to their own opinion but to post daily or every hour on how much you dislike Sims 4 is ridiculous. We get it that you're not happy with the information being given. Most likely, not much will be changed in the next 3 month so take it or leave it in my eyes.
  • Options
    2011simone2011simone Posts: 2,444 Member
    edited June 2014
    If they kept everything it would be sims 3.2, i've already got a game with open world and CAST so i'd rather something different
    My origin id is sim2011
  • Options
    kovu0207kovu0207 Posts: 6,209 Member
    edited June 2014
    2011simone wrote:
    If they kept everything it would be sims 3.2, i've already got a game with open world and CAST so i'd rather something different

I agree that they don't need to keep all the older features. However, removing the 2 most unique features of Ts3 makes it feel like they want to just forget it ever happened, regardless of how many people actually loved and used those tools.
    kovu0207ver2.jpg
  • Options
    epicpaigeepicpaige Posts: 94 Member
    edited June 2014
    I don't understand the mentality that TS4 cannot take away any of the marketed features that were in TS3. Each new installment of the series has taken away features of the last one.

The Sims was a highly quirky, fantastical game. Think of how outrageous half of the furniture, walls and carpets were, let alone the insane objects you could put in the house. The Sims 2 said goodbye to the slot machines, genies and Drew Carey showing up at your parties in favor of a more realistic game focused on generational gameplay and increased interactions between family members. There were still supernatural and quirky things, yes, but they were easily avoidable. In TS3, if you don't buy Supernatural, you essentially have a game completely devoid of the quirk of TS1. Some people miss the quirkiness of TS1. I favored the balance between quirk and realism of TS2. But a major feature was dropped. And yet TS2 was a fine sequel.

The Sims 2 marketed generational gameplay. Designers talked about all the interactions between children and grandparents, the remembered relationships, and the unique features of raising a baby up until its adulthood. The Sims 3 focused more on single-sim gameplay with a more challenging skill-building system, dropping the family interactions that defined TS2's gameplay. Some people prefer TS2 family play, like I do, and others enjoyed focusing on their sims as single people rather than the family as a whole in TS3. I still consider TS3 a worthy sequel because of what it added in open world gameplay (albeit, bugged), and even though it is my least favorite of the three installments, I still play it.

Each installment of the Sims still includes romance, relationships, job promotions and home-building. Those are the staples of the Sims. Other than that, they drop and add features as necessary. I don't see any problems with that. Just as I was excited for the new features of TS2 and TS3, I am excited to see what this installment has to offer.
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    double post :oops:
    You can still find me on my old My page (http://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/GreenCats), and see more of my game-play pictures and CC-free uploads at gcsims.com
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    Goldmoldar wrote:
    GreenCats wrote:
    I agree, personal comments like that - saying 'oh you only feel that way because...' - are almost always unhelpful and inflammatory.

I agree as well!

:D
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    Triple post. Sorry, the thread went a bit crazy on me for a minute there.
  • Options
    GumPlyr123GumPlyr123 Posts: 295 Member
    edited June 2014
    Even though sims 3 has an open world, it is NOT active. Don't say "But if you have the twallan mod..." no, it' still not active. You would just have lots of sims in a world full of rabbit holes. They just stand there and do nothing.

This is what I think they are trying to fix in the sims 4. To get a more vibrant neighborhood where everyone is doing something and where everyone looks alive. Also, by having a semi-open world you don't have rabbit holes anymore! You can actually go inside a building and see what they are doing. Even though there were lots of building in the sims 3, most of them were rabbit holes expect maybe the beach house, library and... I think that's it?

Just because the sims 4 isn't all open doesn't mean it's a step backward, but a step forward for something else. They probably have a reason on why we can't have both. Maybe so they can focus a lot more on the sims themselves with the emotions, animation and different interactions. Maybe because they want it to be more packed, if you know what I mean? Like so there isn't any empty zones
  • Options
    Deshong04Deshong04 Posts: 4,278 Member
    edited June 2014
    moo11x wrote:

This is part of the reason why I'm not fond of TS4 and why TS3 annoys me to no end because it was not similar enough to TS2. What I mean by that is:

-Open dining/shopping in base game or EP...never the store, never a RH

-Real functioning businesses (the store cannot handle features like those for it is too limiting and too disappointing compared to an EP)

-No in-game storybook album

-Sims are unlively and stiff compared to TS2 sims

-Minimal family-orientated content/interactions (basic things like changing table should be in base game if not in a future EP) Also why the H E double hockey sticks would you focus primarily on YA/A females and barely pay any attention to the other age groups/gender!?

-Even though I still buy from the store but not at full price anymore, it's a huge ripoff by adding things that should have been in base game or an EP (Because the different teams do not communicate, everything is basically a standalone instead of an continuation that effortlessly flows on

Now I'm not fond of TS4 because like TS3, neither game sticks to the foundation of TS as a whole. Yeah sure, that's my opinion but they never should have made TS3 the way they did only to go back to how things are in TS2 to some extent. I thought TS as a whole was a series but it's NOT. Because a series BUILDS upon the last and improves while at the same time adding new and unique features to keep the game fresh. Not the case with TS4, in fact not only is it a standalone moreso than TS3 but additionally it is going backwards in the series than forward. Very few are asking for high-tech this or that but rather a balance like its been since TS/TS2/TS3. So yeah, it's no surprise why some do not like the new direction of TS4 including the tone and art style because there is no balance and absolutely favors those into the cartoony, goofy, over-the-top, minimal and simple play styles.

The inconsistency drives me crazy. EA make up your mind on what direction you want TS series to go in and KEEP it that way. But that's right, TS is not a series because it is not cohesive and basically standalone games with the same name....

Well, well good thing for games like Batman Arkham series, Mario Kart series, etc. At least there are game companies out there that does it right.
    “What doesn't kill you makes you stronger
    Stand a little taller
    Doesn't mean I'm lonely when I'm alone
    What doesn't kill you makes a fighter
    Footsteps even lighter”
  • Options
    2011simone2011simone Posts: 2,444 Member
    edited June 2014
    kovu0207 wrote:
    2011simone wrote:

I agree that they don't need to keep all the older features. However, removing the 2 most unique features of Ts3 makes it feel like they want to just forget it ever happened, regardless of how many people actually loved and used those tools.

Yeah sims 3 was great for building but that was about it. I spent way more time building instead of playing. The open world didn't impress me i'd send my sims somewhere and fast forward till they got there. The world was deserted which made it boring
    My origin id is sim2011