This site has entered read-only mode as of July 18th. The new Forums.EA.com are now live.

Some of you guys are giving sims 4 way to much of a break because of sims 3.

Comments

• Options
    foluke11foluke11 Posts: 159 Member
    edited June 2014
    Just don't buy it Simsace.
    I'm tired of you coming onto the forums and bringing others down. If you don't like Sims 4 then stick with Sims 3. :roll:
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    Jarsie9 wrote:
    IMeep wrote:
    This is the reason I am thinking about leaving the sims franchise. About 75% of the people who are excited about TS4 are also acting like Evangelicals, AKA biting your head off if you decide to disagree with them. When was the Church of TS4 established, and why is it more of a cult? TS3 may have flaws but at least the community is kind. If TS4 forums are filled with Jonestown Kool-Aide drinkers and Westboro Baptists who have established the theocracy of TS4, then that will scare me away more than EA slicing features. And EA is slicing a ****ton of features.

No, actually, they're not. Speaking for myself, posts like this one annoy me because they're so two-faced and hypocritical. Simsace has a history of constantly blasting The Sims 3 *and* the Sims 3 development team for not implementing *his* suggestions on the Ideas And Suggestions forum. And, now he actually has the gall to suggest that the Sims 4 is going to suck based purely on his own personal opinions and to pretend that he's not trying to persuade people *not* to buy the game, but rather is giving them the opportunity to make an "informed decision", which is basically his way of saying "Don't buy the Sims 4." The only problem with that "informed decision" business is that we don't have enough information to base *any* decision on, and that's really all there is to it. People need to wait for further details before making any kind of decision, even though many have already said they like what they've seen and heard so far and are inclined to buy the game.

And the reason I say he's two-faced and hypocritical is because he's going to buy the game. I mean, it's no skin off my nose if he chooses not to buy the game. That's entirely his choice. But, please, spare me the "I'm only saying this for your own good" kind of posture. And, IMeep, if you choose to leave the franchise that's on you. Don't blame it on the fact that people like me speak out and defend our choice to buy the Sims 4. I'm not telling you to buy it. Personally I don't give a reservoir whether you buy it or not.

THIS!!!
  • Options
    KelleygirlKelleygirl Posts: 599 Member
    edited June 2014
    I never understand why people think the TS4 forum is only for people that are happy, excited, etc.... It's a FORUM, and it isn't named the Happy For TS4 Only Forum. Clearly the name of the thread gives you an idea that it isn't gonna be a lovefest regarding TS4, so if you are excited for the game and can't wait to get your hands on it, why even be in here looking at what the OP wrote? It's never a lively debate or a discussion, it's just always one side coming in to blast someone for their OPINION without contributing anything constructive to the conversation.

People read this and get mad at the poster, always saying, "Well, don't buy it." Well, he can buy it or not. Obviously he knows he isn't gonna change your mind, and you are probably clear that you won't be changing his, but folks that aren't 100% excited have to have somewhere to discuss their grievances, too, you know. There is a thread called "The Positive Thread", which is where people who are excited and happy should be posting, not in here, which is clearly negative in content.

As to the topic at hand, I, for one, am not really happy with what I see as steps back. I was stoked for the game, and am still excited to see what the new build mode offers, but do I think the game isn't going in the direction it could? Yes. Do I think more could have been added to it instead of cut back? Yes. Do I think the loading screens, no matter how long they are, suck? Yes. Do I consider loading screens period to be a joke in this day and age? Yes.

Do I think the number of loading screens that knowledgeable people have predicted will be too many for me to be totally immersed in my game? Yes. Do I think the number of lots alone is a total joke? Yes. Do I see the creative side of building going down the drain? Yes. And am I entitled to my opinion regarding this? Yes.

Personally, the loading screens alone are gonna kill this for me unless they are way different than I understand them to be. The fact that we haven't seen any gameplay at all, other than staged stuff, tells me the game is either not anywhere near where it should be as to completion, or EA knows they don't have the big winning product in hand that they'd like to have.

• Options
    pguidapguida Posts: 7,481 Member
    edited June 2014
    ceejay402 wrote:
    so i see no shame in compromising - its not what i want but it just may be enough for me to move past 3.

Time has moved on. World has evolved. I see all shame on compromising.

I want TS4. Not Ts2.1. Shame on TS2.1.
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    simsace wrote:
    Yes , The open world and CASt were The Sims 3 biggest selling points , but This is The Sims 4.

yeah, a sequel, that usually means improving on what it's predecessor did by refining and adding features. so why should we tolerate EA removing major features?

Major features of TS3. The major features of TS4 are emotions, neighborhoods and a new and improved CAS. Sometimes sequels don't pick up where the last left off because the creators want to work with something new and fresh and that's fine by me.

And it would be nice if you would stop saying "we". You don't speak for anyone but yourself.

Major features of TS4 are whatever they managed to scrap off a failed online game.
  • Options
    Jarsie9Jarsie9 Posts: 12,714 Member
    edited June 2014
    @Kelleygirl, so let me get this straight: You're saying we should only post on this thread if we agree with Simsace that the Sims 4 is going to suck swampwater, and therefore we should only stick with The Sims 3? Honestly, where's the fun in that?

As I said on another post...I've seen this before. Posts like yours were common back when players were waiting for the release of The Sims 3. The Sims 2 BBS had a special forum set up for people to discuss The Sims 3, and it never failed that some Sims 2 player, like yourself, didn't come in and make a post like this one which basically said just what you're saying.

The thing is, it's fine with me if someone wants to make a post saying: "I'm not buying the Sims 4 because (insert list of reasons why they think they're not going to like it here). That's their opinion, and they're welcome to it.

What they're *not* welcome to do is to try to put other players on the defensive because the other players choose to buy the new game and don't have a problem with discontinuing the Sims 3, or plan to play *both* games, as the mood strikes them. But what is being done in *this* post is that, yes, one player *is* trying to influence other players to not buy the Sims 4, based purely on his personal opinions, not based on facts.

You are free to disagree with me and criticize the Sims 4. Doesn't bother me a bit if you don't buy it. But you're not free to tell me that I can't give my opinion on this or any other forum.
    EA Marketing Department Motto:
    "We Don't Care If You LIKE The Game, Just As Long As You BUY The Game!"
    B)
    I Disapprove (Naturally)
    I Took The Pledge!
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    pguida wrote:
    simsace wrote:
    Yes , The open world and CASt were The Sims 3 biggest selling points , but This is The Sims 4.

yeah, a sequel, that usually means improving on what it's predecessor did by refining and adding features. so why should we tolerate EA removing major features?

Major features of TS3. The major features of TS4 are emotions, neighborhoods and a new and improved CAS. Sometimes sequels don't pick up where the last left off because the creators want to work with something new and fresh and that's fine by me.

And it would be nice if you would stop saying "we". You don't speak for anyone but yourself.

Major features of TS4 are whatever they managed to scrap off a failed online game.

Guess what Pguida! Don't buy it!! If you don't like certain things about it, than don't buy it!
    I don't understand. You come on here to bash the game, and don't really want to discuss it.
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    Kelleygirl wrote:
    I never understand why people think the TS4 forum is only for people that are happy, excited, etc.... It's a FORUM, and it isn't named the Happy For TS4 Only Forum. Clearly the name of the thread gives you an idea that it isn't gonna be a lovefest regarding TS4, so if you are excited for the game and can't wait to get your hands on it, why even be in here looking at what the OP wrote? It's never a lively debate or a discussion, it's just always one side coming in to blast someone for their OPINION without contributing anything constructive to the conversation.

People read this and get mad at the poster, always saying, "Well, don't buy it." Well, he can buy it or not. Obviously he knows he isn't gonna change your mind, and you are probably clear that you won't be changing his, but folks that aren't 100% excited have to have somewhere to discuss their grievances, too, you know. There is a thread called "The Positive Thread", which is where people who are excited and happy should be posting, not in here, which is clearly negative in content.

As to the topic at hand, I, for one, am not really happy with what I see as steps back. I was stoked for the game, and am still excited to see what the new build mode offers, but do I think the game isn't going in the direction it could? Yes. Do I think more could have been added to it instead of cut back? Yes. Do I think the loading screens, no matter how long they are, suck? Yes. Do I consider loading screens period to be a joke in this day and age? Yes.

Do I think the number of loading screens that knowledgeable people have predicted will be too many for me to be totally immersed in my game? Yes. Do I think the number of lots alone is a total joke? Yes. Do I see the creative side of building going down the drain? Yes. And am I entitled to my opinion regarding this? Yes.

Personally, the loading screens alone are gonna kill this for me unless they are way different than I understand them to be. The fact that we haven't seen any gameplay at all, other than staged stuff, tells me the game is either not anywhere near where it should be as to completion, or EA knows they don't have the big winning product in hand that they'd like to have.

I have no problem with the op having an opinion, I have a problem when he basically trolls the forums. Its the same thing every time. I'm not going to buy the sims 4 because of the lack of Open World and CASt. Its one thing for you to create a thread explaining your disappointment, its another when you try to change the opinions of those that aren't.... and even more annoying when you do it repeatedly
  • Options
    Jarsie9Jarsie9 Posts: 12,714 Member
    edited June 2014
    foluke11 wrote:

Guess what Pguida! Don't buy it!! If you don't like certain things about it, than don't buy it! Wow! Isn't that amazing!

Shhh...you can't say that. That makes too much sense, and people get all bent out of shape if you say "Since you clearly don't like the game, feel free not to buy the game."

And that's because they just want to gripe, and they have a right to gripe. The proof is in the pudding thought. Keep your eyes peeled and watch how many people migrate to The Sims 4 forums once they've bought the game that they're so determined to hate right now.
    EA Marketing Department Motto:
    "We Don't Care If You LIKE The Game, Just As Long As You BUY The Game!"
    B)
    I Disapprove (Naturally)
    I Took The Pledge!
  • Options
    thesims3andtwothesims3andtwo Posts: 4,643 Member
    edited June 2014
    pguida wrote:
    simsace wrote:

it's your night for trolling , isn't it?
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    Jarsie9 wrote:
    foluke11 wrote:

Guess what Pguida! Don't buy it!! If you don't like certain things about it, than don't buy it! Wow! Isn't that amazing!

Shhh...you can't say that. That makes too much sense, and people get all bent out of shape if you say "Since you clearly don't like the game, feel free not to buy the game."

And that's because they just want to gripe, and they have a right to gripe. The proof is in the pudding thought. Keep your eyes peeled and watch how many people migrate to The Sims 4 forums once they've bought the game that they're so determined to hate right now.

Okay if you say so. I need a break from this forum... :)
  • Options
    NoeinNoein Posts: 495 Member
    edited June 2014
    The only people I ever see causing a ruckus are trolls, and the people that are so upset that they aren't getting what they think are 'important' features.

And that's okay, that's perfectly fine if you don't like something. That's no excuse to put down those if us that like what we see or make a whole bunch of bash threads. (You all know the ones I'm typing about)

No one needs anyone's informed advice, to make an informed decision. People can make up their own mind.

And IMpeep I DON'T appreciate you comparing this whole community to that of Westboro Baptists, it's your opinion, but it's not appreciated.
    I have some real beef with them, and news flash THIS IS the Sims 3 community. Don't try to claim it not.
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    foluke11 wrote:
    pguida wrote:
    simsace wrote:

Guess what Pguida! Don't buy it!! If you don't like certain things about it, than don't buy it!
    I don't understand. You come on here to bash the game, and don't really want to discuss it.

Who ever told you I would.

EA relies on sheep like you.

I have spent a lot (thousands) on EA games'. And I don't regret it. I commend them for great content worth their price.

But TS4? It's like taking a dump and marketing is as Swiss chocolate.

They'll figure out they have screwed up. Chances are TS5 will be incredible.

I'll buy it. I jusn't don't buy whatever branded TS as you do...

Sorry...

Behheeehhh...
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    it's your night for trolling , isn't it?

Sorry... Did I take your spot?

Seems like it...
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    pguida wrote:
    foluke11 wrote:
    pguida wrote:
    simsace wrote:

I have spent a lot (thousands) on EA games'. And I don't regret it. I commend them for great content worth their price.

Sorry...

Behheeehhh...

GO TO HELL
  • Options
    edited June 2014

GO TO HELL

Sorry. No.

I have seen enough of you for a day.
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    pguida wrote:

GO TO HELL

Sorry. No.

You'll be seeing me in your nightmares.
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    pguida wrote:

GO TO HELL

Sorry. No.

You sure look and sound nightmarerish.

I dread, DREAD stupid people.

I'm afraid now. ;)
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    pguida wrote:
    pguida wrote:

GO TO HELL

Sorry. No.

You sure look and sound nightmarerish.

I dread, DREAD stupid people.

I'm afraid now. ;)

I assure you , stupid is not one of my traits.
  • Options
    NoeinNoein Posts: 495 Member
    edited June 2014
    pguida wrote:
    foluke11 wrote:
    pguida wrote:
    simsace wrote:

Sorry...

Behheeehhh...

You know what, I'm really getting sick of that word.

SHEEP

It's starting to boarder on derogatory, and it's always coming from you. The only people that get defensive about other people opinions, are the people that want others to think like them.
  • Options
    JeanBaby4JeanBaby4 Posts: 1,069 Member
    edited June 2014
    Some of us honestly don't think sims4 IS "two steps to the side" as you put it. It's not at all about giving sims4 a break because of sims3. I honest to god think sims4 is an improvement in every way, for me. I prefered closed world to open world, the only problem with sims2 was that aging stopped for everyone else but that problem is solved in sims4. I hated cast because, no I wont explain that because that will upset too many people. Why do people automatically assume all the people who like sims4 have accepted or come to terms with not having cast and completely open neighbourhood??

And that does not make me a sheep. I'm just a person that likes what she sees, if sims4 ever showed me something that would upset me as much as lack of cast upset other people, then I would defnately say something, not swallow it. When they released the first pictures I complained about the hair, it is the ONLY thing so far that I don't like, but come to accept. But it's such a small thing.
  • Options
    imaginariumimaginarium Posts: 85 New Member
    edited June 2014
    pguida wrote:
    foluke11 wrote:
    pguida wrote:
    simsace wrote:

Sorry...

Behheeehhh...

So your idea if being rational and thinking things through when it comes to The Sims 4 is coming on the forums and calling people sheep for spending money on the Sims 4? I mean, by your own admission you've already spent thousands on Sims games, but Sims 3 is so laggy, buggy and faulty that it makes no sense. I mean, I could easily call you that for doing something that is clearly not logical. The game is broken and no matter how many patches and updates, it's too far gone - yet you've spent all this money. Because you liked it? Because you wanted too?

Lemme stop you before you answer - it doesn't matter.

You spent the money because you could and wanted too and people want to spend their money and time on Sims 4 because they've seen the same information you have and they enjoy it. You might disagree and that's fine. Everyone should have a say, I agree with whoever said this isn't the Happy for Sims 4 only forum. But disagreeing with you doesn't make anyone stupid or a sheep. Be respectful, because your right to share your opinion ends when you start insulting the opinions others for not agreeing with you.
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    Noein wrote:
    The only people that get defensive about other people opinions, are the people that want others to think like them.

Is that why TS4 defenders consistently attack those who disagree, to the point of offense?

You make a good point.
  • Options
    JeanBaby4JeanBaby4 Posts: 1,069 Member
    edited June 2014
    pguida wrote:
    Noein wrote:
    The only people that get defensive about other people opinions, are the people that want others to think like them.

Is that why TS4 defenders consistently attack those who disagree, to the point of offense?

You make a good point.

It goes both ways.
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    pguida wrote:
    foluke11 wrote:
    pguida wrote:
    simsace wrote:

Sorry...

Behheeehhh...

So your idea if being rational and thinking things through when it comes to The Sims 4 is coming on the forums and calling people sheep for spending money on the Sims 4? I mean, by your own admission you've already spent thousands on Sims games, but Sims 3 is so laggy, buggy and faulty that it makes no sense.

It's not on my machine. I can Camtasia a game for you when I have the time.

Not all of us actually play on a grandma's computer.

TS3 has delivered every cent spent.

In fact, just recently, what a lovely carrousel they have released! So many animations!

Have I ever been to the gym and it wasn't packed? No? Have I ever been to the seasonal lot and there weren't enough sims my sim couldn't find a hot date? No.

TS4, 4 years later, can't even deliver CAst or an open world.

But, hey, it'll run on your grandma's Pentium. I guess why you like it.