Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

skaiyeskaiye Posts: 11 New Member
Hello EA and Community at large,

I like many people posting on these forums received my long awaited copy of The Sims 3 (I plunked down 70 bucks for the collectors edition ) today. As you may or may not choose to acknowledge your game has been available on the internet for about 3 weeks now as a leaked pirated copy, I of course eager to play the game downloaded and installed the pirated copy with relative ease, but just prior to it's completion purchased a full licensed copy of the collectors edition. I want to support this game franchise and the people behind it. However, I do not want to support the idiocy behind archaic game distribution practices.

My beef being while perhaps tens of thousands of pirated copies of your game exist on peoples machine who will never buy it, they enjoy the luxury of having to not play with a CD in there machines. Your attempts to prevent piracy in this manner are pointless and have no affect on the pirating community and seek only to anger those of us who actually pay for our games.

I would guess that buy registering my copy with EA that this would be a better and sure fire means to guarantee that I did not have a pirated copy of your game, yet you persist in your ill-advised attempt to secure your copyright.

The gist: I payed for this game and don't want to keep a CD in the drive as it serves no purpose and keeps me from playing your game because I have to go hunting for a game disc. Not to mention wear and tear on the disc, please fix this.

-I have PURCHASED every game expansion ever produced for the Sims Franchise from The Original to now I guess I thought you would have learned a few things in 9 years.

Thank you for an awesome game,

Skaiye