Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

In need of assistance - sims4forums not loading!

I know it's a 3rd party site, but simmers from here sign up to that forum and chat about TS4 there, and i was wondering can anyone please check to see if it loads for you? It isn't for me, and I really would like to upload my new banner.

upon arriving to http://sims4forum.com/

3vlFFMK.png

I'm going to assume the creators of the site are temporarily fixing it but I really loved that community, even if it was just a few people! :P

I also really apologize if I'm breaking any rules on this thread! :oops:

Comments

• Options
    MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,753 Member
    edited June 2014
    It hasn't loaded since tuesday for me.
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    Ashgamer394Ashgamer394 Posts: 96 New Member
    edited June 2014
    I don't think you're the only one. I've been having the same error :evil:
  • Options
    Linnyxx17Linnyxx17 Posts: 2,016 Member
    edited June 2014
    it loaded for me. did you try clearing your cache's history? sometimes i get a screen with a bunch of words and once i clear the cache on my browser it works :D
    tumblr_mamn3vZ7sj1rgw3q8o1_500.gif

* <3 Just Keep Simming, Just Keep Simming, Just Keep Simming Simming Simming, What do you do? YOU SIM SIM SIM!! <3*
  • Options
    cheapcheapbirdiecheapcheapbirdie Posts: 397 New Member
    edited June 2014
    Well I was just get'n ready to ask about the new site on a new thread, but since you're on the topic.... I have a question.

Now, when you create your account on the new site, will it be connected to this one through origin and all? Reason I ask is.. I was not planning on using the same username on the new one, but when I read on that one... it kinda leads me to think that I have to in order for Origin to recognize all my games together. It stated that soon, Origin will be directly connected to our EA account.

Actual info...
    Your account will work on EA and Origin™In the coming months your EA Account and profile will be upgraded to a new Origin™ Account. Your identity, order history and preferences will remain unchanged and we will notify you via email when this transition takes place.

Updates made to an Origin account through a web browser will not show up in the Origin PC application until a user logs out of the application, then logs back in.

Can someone else make sense of it for me? Thanks
  • Options
    poeticnebulapoeticnebula Posts: 3,912 Member
    edited June 2014
    I am not having trouble, but my daughter can't get on. It was fine earlier today but she hasn't been able to get on for a couple of hours now.
    Origin ID: ForgottenAmber
    Twitch: ForgottenAmber
    Discord: ForgottenAmber

31710852153_4c3c66dea7.jpg

#BobSquad
    #BobSquadForever

Friend of Liam
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    Well I was just get'n ready to ask about the new site on a new thread, but since you're on the topic.... I have a question.

Now, when you create your account on the new site, will it be connected to this one through origin and all? Reason I ask is.. I was not planning on using the same username on the new one, but when I read on that one... it kinda leads me to think that I have to in order for Origin to recognize all my games together. It stated that soon, Origin will be directly connected to our EA account.

Actual info...
    Your account will work on EA and Origin™In the coming months your EA Account and profile will be upgraded to a new Origin™ Account. Your identity, order history and preferences will remain unchanged and we will notify you via email when this transition takes place.

Updates made to an Origin account through a web browser will not show up in the Origin PC application until a user logs out of the application, then logs back in.

They did that a long time ago. I saw it too and laughed. :lol:

#BobSquad
    #BobSquadForever

Friend of Liam
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    Ok.. but are we actually able to enter a new username for there? Without messing up the connection with Origin and EA recognizing all of our stuff together??
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    Ok.. but are we actually able to enter a new username for there? Without messing up the connection with Origin and EA recognizing all of our stuff together??

When I got in there I was asked to pick a persona or select an old one. These included all my personas across all of EA LOL. I just used the same one cause it's the one I have used for all the sims boards, but you can create a new persona without causing any issues.

I also believe we will get an all new site once the game is ready to ship like we did here. I think that is just a sort of place holder ;).

#BobSquad
    #BobSquadForever

Friend of Liam
  • Options
    edited June 2014

When I got in there I was asked to pick a persona or select an old one. These included all my personas across all of EA LOL. I just used the same one cause it's the one I have used for all the sims boards, but you can create a new persona without causing any issues.

I also believe we will get an all new site once the game is ready to ship like we did here. I think that is just a sort of place holder ;).

Ohhh.. ok thanks. I actually kinda like that one lol.
  • Options
    MysticMystic Posts: 114 Member
    edited June 2014
    the site was down for a few days as it transferred over to a new host. It's back up now.

It is in no way connected to origin. Not yet at least.
    Life is full as long as you got loved ones, pets, hugs, kisses, and exploration, even if it is little exploration.
  • Options
    netguystevenetguysteve Posts: 470 Member
    edited June 2014

Actual info...

To be clear, the site they are discussing in this thread is not the official Sims4 Community site, nor does it appear to be operated by EA or any subsidiary. Don't use your Origin login information on there (or any other third party site) at all.

It's not I am saying the site owners are untrustworthy. It's simply that when someone is trying to hack accounts on large servers (like Origin/Steam/MMO accounts/etc), it's much easier to find third party community sites and hack those, then try the same username/password combinations on official servers. You should NEVER EVER use the same username/password on a community site that you use anywhere else. It's just bad news.

"UR" is NOT a word, it's the sound stupid people make when they try to spell "You are".