Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Oz is done! New Pictures

Comments

• DelsDels Posts: 289 Member
    edited July 2014
    This is an amazing idea !
    This escape from the ordinary game.
    It must have cost you a lot of time and imagination.
    I really like.
  • KarilynMonroe2KarilynMonroe2 Posts: 1,463 Member
    edited July 2014
    Dels wrote:
    This is an amazing idea !
    This escape from the ordinary game.
    It must have cost you a lot of time and imagination.
    I really like.

Thank you Dels :) I work on it almost every day...it is still growing. Yes you got it exactly! I wanted something different from the other towns and Oz is not like any place in the world. It really has sparked my imagination and I hope that it will spark others as well.
  • SandraKBSandraKB Posts: 385 Member
    edited July 2014
    Hello Marilyn
    Here is a lot for you.
    6 Glinda's circle
    3 bedroom, 4 1/2 bathroom, foyer,, parlor, livingroom, kitchen, dinning room, work out rm and fishing pond. You can anything you want in order to fit your need's or style.

http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=8368545 I will be building on lot 5 Quadling center to night. or is there something else you want now? I did run the lot through custard. :)
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    edited July 2014
    Hello Karilyn
    I hope that caw is for you now. two more lots.

4 Glinda's Circle
    2 bed room, 2 bath room, kitchen, Living room, hot tub and garden out back. Built for you and Oz world. You can change anything on here that you need to. Custard Cleaned, No CC, No CAPS.

http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=8368938

5 Quadling Center
    2 bed room, 2 1/1 bath room, kitchen and living room. You can change anything on here that is needed for your world.
    Custard Clean ! No CC or CAPS !

http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=8368940 Cheer's talk to you later. :D
    edited July 2014
    Wow Sandra, you have been busy! I removed a lot of store stuff and CAW is working so good now! I will dl those, run them through custard and plop them down! I have been adding some lots but I do believe those lots are all available still. Thank you!
    edited July 2014
    Wow Sandra, you have been busy! I removed a lot of store stuff and CAW is working so good now! I will dl those, run them through custard and plop them down! I have been adding some lots but I do believe those lots are all available still. Thank you!

Hello Karilyn,I happy to hear you have it up and running again, Do you have the world pretty much full? where do you need help at next?
    edited July 2014
    SandraKB wrote:

Hello Karilyn,I happy to hear you have it up and running again, Do you have the world pretty much full? where do you need help at next?

I have been putting store venues and bin houses here and there but there are still plenty of places to build. That desert area is winkie country. They are nomads and I planned on doing little "grass huts" out there with a little market in the center. I had build the market but lost so I'll have do do that again. I will be updating the world again so you can get the latest version.
    edited August 2014
    Hello Karilyn
    Great news on an update! What would you like me to build ? I don't want to build on an lot that is filled.
    edited August 2014
    SandraKB wrote:
    Hello Karilyn
    Great news on an update! What would you like me to build ? I don't want to build on an lot that is filled.
    The lots that line the cliff in quadling country are empty.
    edited August 2014
    SandraKB wrote:
    Hello Karilyn
    Ok, I'm on it. By the way, I love the painted face on the mountain side, It look's great! and a great Idea!:D
    edited August 2014
    SandraKB wrote:
    Hello Karilyn
    Ok, I am lost in Oz! :? , which area is quadling country ? Please give me a name of a road or a lot. The book say's you follow the red road, There are no lot's there. What kinda house's do you want also. Thx's :)
    edited August 2014
    Hello Karilyn
    You may want to use it or not! I am trying to make a china town lots for Oz, I am using CFE and I made seamless china Blue and white-dish style for terrain paint and decor. I will see how it will work and will let you know ?
    edited August 2014
    SandraKB wrote:
    SandraKB wrote:
    Hello Karilyn
    Ok, I am lost in Oz! :? , which area is quadling country ? Please give me a name of a road or a lot. The book say's you follow the red road, There are no lot's there. What kinda house's do you want also. Thx's :)

Huh, i did not know that the book said that! In Oz the great and powerful there is a yellow brick road leading to quadling country, which is where glinda lives. That's how I did it. It is the same area you have been building in :) I want to give you lot numbers but I think they have changed from the version you have. I moved some stuff around. I am testing version 3 and hopefully will have it up on the exchange for you soon. Are you ready to move again?
    edited August 2014
    SandraKB wrote:
    Hello Karilyn
    You may want to use it or not! I am trying to make a china town lots for Oz, I am using CFE and I made seamless china Blue and white-dish style for terrain paint and decor. I will see how it will work and will let you know ?

Now that sounds interesting. I had wanted to do china town but that kind of CFE work is totally beyond me. I suspected it could be done with warping the walls and such...but wow, it seems so hard. Are you actually going to try to make teapot shaped houses?

If not then we could at least style the houses so they look like china. I have a collection of teapot houses (in real life). They are like little victorain houses with a spout on them.
    When I was researching for this world I went to see the new Oz movie in theaters, Dorothy's return. They did china town (as did Oz the great and powerful) in it the palace and the characters were all rococo styled, so I thought what a great way to use the Palace of Versailles set? I think some custom skins would be in order for the characters. I will speak with Lovedash1 about that, she seems to be the expert in sims :) She made me such a beautiful Dorothy. I've no idea where to place china town however. Perhaps it could be an alternate to candy country? Not everyone has, wants or can get the sweet treats SP.
    edited August 2014
    A Country of China
    The China Country itself is a very special place in Oz, inhabited by a very unique and rare race of tiny little people, no bigger than a baby-doll, that are made entirely out of China or Porcelain, along with everything else in they're pretty little world of glazed glass.

The floor of the China Country is also glazed and polished smooth and is all white like the bottom of a big spotless platter. Many China houses, China shops, China farms and even China mansions and castles are neatly scattered around or lined up to make porcelain streets along the China floor. All the China items are delicately beautifully painted in bright colors, the tallest reaching only as high as a little girl's waist. There are also China trees and plants, China flower gardens and China barns with China fences and little animals such as cows who contain real milk in their utters. There are also other farm animals such as horses and pig's all made of China also.

The China people consist of Kings, Queens, other figures of Royalty, carpenters, shepherds, shepherdesses, milk-maids, peasants and even a silly Joker Clown who is very clumsy. The China Joker is so clumsy infact, that he has multiple cracks running all through his entire body from falling down so many times as it is stated in the book he enjoys balancing on top of his head.

"My lady fair, why do you stare at poor old Mr. Joker? You're quite as stiff and prim as if you'd eaten up a poker!""
    ― The China Joker (1900)
    Everything in the China Country is prone to chipping, breaking or shattering, although there is a mender's shop, one is never as pretty nor as fair and valuable after being shattered, even if repaired and put back together again as the mended cracks are visible.

The China people all move and talk and live quite freely, doing as they please in they're own country, but if they were to ever leave and venture beyond the white wall that surrounds they're tiny world, they're joints would instantly lose it's enchantment and quickly freeze or automatically stiffen. Thus, causing the China person to ultimately become completely lifeless. And they could only stand and look pretty on a mantle shelf or drawing room table, becoming a mere piece of decor decoration like any other object placed in an ordinary room. The China people can only stay alive in the China Country and are only able to live and walk and talk freely on they're own little turf, even in a magical fantasy land such as Oz.
    edited August 2014
    SandraKB wrote:
    Hello Karilyn

Now that sounds interesting. I had wanted to do china town but that kind of CFE work is totally beyond me. I suspected it could be done with warping the walls and such...but wow, it seems so hard. Are you actually going to try to make teapot shaped houses?

If not then we could at least style the houses so they look like china. I have a collection of teapot houses (in real life). They are like little victorain houses with a spout on them.
    When I was researching for this world I went to see the new Oz movie in theaters, Dorothy's return. They did china town (as did Oz the great and powerful) in it the palace and the characters were all rococo styled, so I thought what a great way to use the Palace of Versailles set? I think some custom skins would be in order for the characters. I will speak with Lovedash1 about that, she seems to be the expert in sims :) She made me such a beautiful Dorothy. I've no idea where to place china town however. Perhaps it could be an alternate to candy country? Not everyone has, wants or can get the sweet treats SP.

If you want this make a gold road or walk way leading to a 64x64, don't place anything on the lot and make sure it is flat. then when china town is finished I will upload it to the site.
    A few lots around main china will work, but wait on those lot's. I can make tea pots and coffee pots, also I have that china coffee cup from sims store. I did make the white n blue china dishes that are seamless. I will be using it for terrain paint and house's. Is this ok ?
    edited August 2014
    SandraKB wrote:
    SandraKB wrote:
    Hello Karilyn

If you want this make a gold road or walk way leading to a 64x64, don't place anything on the lot and make sure it is flat. then when china town is finished I will upload it to the site.
    A few lots around main china will work, but wait on those lot's. I can make tea pots and coffee pots, also I have that china coffee cup from sims store. I did make the white n blue china dishes that are seamless. I will be using it for terrain paint and house's. I can do CFE work, Is this ok ?
    edited August 2014
    How Exciting! I am going to look at some map's and see where it should be located. Not all Oz maps are the same but I seem to recall it is in the upper western portion of oz, near candy county.

bg-story-mobile.jpg
    edited August 2014
    How Exciting! I am going to look at some map's and see where it should be located. Not all Oz maps are the same but I seem to recall it is in the upper western portion of oz, near candy county.

bg-story-mobile.jpg

Thanks for that pic, it is better then the one I had. :D
    edited August 2014
    I was just curious to see if it's been done (teapot shaped houses) and look what was on the exchange. I never ceases to amaze me how creative simmers are!

http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=6396192
    edited August 2014
    AAAAHHHHH! It has the counter attached! Be sure to clean it if you dl!
    edited August 2014
    Hello Karilyn,

this website is the way

http://i1.2pcdn.com/node14/image/game/5178f50961fc1cbdad63041e/5178f52b61fc1cbdad630425/20130425052143a0dgiotf1mfwi9px.jpg

also this one, website here

http://cdn.filmschoolrejects.com/images/905_CT0110_di_4k_v1139.1265_R.jpg

I have over 200 china ware patterns, I will up load as soon as I make more tiles and wall paper. You would be able to see what I have and use what you want. Cheers
    edited August 2014
    Hi Sandra, I'm confused, are you still doing a china town lot? I have the lot in place and I think that the world is fixed...knock on wood (it's always something, isn't it?
    edited August 2014
    Hi Sandra, I'm confused, are you still doing a china town lot? I have the lot in place and I think that the world is fixed...knock on wood (it's always something, isn't it?

I have already started on it, I did up load Porcelain texture/tile with blue/white patterns in my studio.
    http://www.thesims3.com/userExchange.html?selectedAsstType=all&persona=SandraKB 3 or 4 pages,

Also look at the fountain in my media sec. you will see the fountain covered in three kinds of Porcelain print. you will see the little bldg and walkway along with the fence that is covered in china plates.

http://www.thesims3.com/myMedia.html?action=default&persona=SandraKB

I did run custard and it say's it is all clean.:D I still don't trust it so double check. When will you re upload a beta, I want to finish that build on the lot ?
    cheers
    edited August 2014
    I still can't see your media page.

I can see your patterns and they look great!

I am going to try testing the new version today. I have a problem with one of the lots not letting me move a sim into it so I did some file cleaning and such and hopefully whatever was bugged will work now. I'm about to load up the game and test it out. If I don't find any immediate problems I will upload it today.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top