Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Oz is done! New Pictures

Comments

• KarilynMonroe2KarilynMonroe2 Posts: 1,463 Member
    edited July 2014
    Just uploaded the furnished emerald palace to my studio. Here are a few pictures

screenshot_original.jpg

screenshot_original.jpg

screenshot_original.jpg

screenshot_original.jpg
  • SandraKBSandraKB Posts: 385 Member
    edited July 2014
    Just uploaded the furnished emerald palace to my studio. Here are a few pictures

screenshot_original.jpg

screenshot_original.jpg

screenshot_original.jpg

screenshot_original.jpg

Its beautiful!!!!! How did you make that green and gold molding on the wall?
    edited July 2014
    Those are the regency columns from the regency arcade. It is not showing as an item on the exchange for some reason. I used the columns and the pillars. I sure wish they would fix the exchange items listing. It is really inaccurate.

http://store.thesims3.com/setsProductDetails.html?productId=OFB-SIM3:41089&categoryId=13570&scategoryId=13570
  • citytubecitytube Posts: 458 Member
    edited July 2014
    :) I just love your new building. The wall paper and furniture look great together.
    The green really blends well. I'd forgotten those lovely columns from the set. You have a great imagination and it shows in your new world and your builds. Looking forward to the final world.
    edited July 2014
    Thank you citytube :)
    I really hope when this is all done and uploaded many simmers will enjoy playing out their oz stories with it. I want to make the world interesting and different!

I've been playing a little as I build. The seasons are changing and my oh my how pretty it looks in Autumn! See, even as the builder I find surprises!

screenshot_original.jpg

Glinda on a nice Autumn broom-ride

screenshot_original.jpg
    edited July 2014
    My big project for today, A candy castle for candy county. It is really hard to work with all that sugar! I think I got a cavity. Marshmallows and chocolate...it's a giant whoopie pie!

screenshot_original.jpg
    edited July 2014
    Hello Karilyn,
    :D That looks like a pretty tasty whoopie pie! lol the trees and all the building's look Great!!!!!

How long befor you upload a tester? I had to delete the tester oz, that cabinet was attached to my sim,two lot's and oz :cry: . I did find and deleted that cabinet. :D cheer's
  • bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member
    edited July 2014
    You have really got an amazing world, love the candy castle.
    edited July 2014
    SandraKB wrote:
    Hello Karilyn,
    :D That looks like a pretty tasty whoopie pie! lol the trees and all the building's look Great!!!!!

How long befor you upload a tester? I had to delete the tester oz, that cabinet was attached to my sim,two lot's and oz :cry: . I did find and deleted that cabinet. :D cheer's

CAW keeps crashing when I save from EIG...sooo..I am very carefuly uninstalling some store content. I'm trying not to unistall anything that I have used but...good thing I have most of my lots in my studio so we can put them back later if need be.
    I removed the CAP's. You mentioned CAW doesn't like them so they went first. Hopefully I will be able to get a few more lots installed and then up to the exchange. Wish me luck.

BTW, what made you determine that the counter was attached to the world file? Did you use a program other than custard? RFLONG7 and Auntylinds both said custard doesn't work on worlds.
    edited July 2014
    SandraKB wrote:
    Hello Karilyn,

CAW keeps crashing when I save from EIG...sooo..I am very carefuly uninstalling some store content. I'm trying not to unistall anything that I have used but...good thing I have most of my lots in my studio so we can put them back later if need be.
    I removed the CAP's. You mentioned CAW doesn't like them so they went first. Hopefully I will be able to get a few more lots installed and then up to the exchange. Wish me luck.

BTW, what made you determine that the counter was attached to the world file? Did you use a program other than custard? RFLONG7 and Auntylinds both said custard doesn't work on worlds.

Hello Karilyn

Caw don't like CC,Caps, and custom lots that have caps or CC,Thats why when I was helping you build I would only use EA's color wheel etc.

I had built a world that is 501 lot's, it is called Evermore Island for Ashley.
    I started having problems while trying to place other simmers lots in game edit, it was because they had (CC and CAPS on the lot's). When I would try and go in game edit while all of my store items were installed it would shut down on me.
    Once I had removed all except about 200 Items it work great.Ashley had no problem playing in the world due to the number of lot's, I even play in it on my computer. So trial and error, this is how I know some of what causes it to shut down.

Just take a little at a time and keep trying and testing it. Caw hates itself I think :D It is soooo picky at times.

Now, I am not blaming you for that stupid file that someone created, just to make us go crazy at times. :D

I had seen where someone had posted saying a cabinet was attached to what they downloaded, I just thought that I should check my folder and run custard befor I had installed anything. So I checked the lot-EC shell and the world along with the house you told me about the one I had built. Custard showed for each file it had two or three things that was corrupted in the files. I use custard on my lots and world's, I know alot of simmers that use it for that.
    You can run custard on your world and see what it say's, and if you think it works or not.

Thank you again for that link you sent me, it saved me alot of time and I passed it on to others. :D

My other computer has these same files on it, I have not cleaned it out yet. I should be able to take a screenshot and show you what it says.

I really hope you get to finish this world, It looks really great and you have put alot of work and heart into it! I had started a Oz world six months ago for my granddaughter and I haven't worked on it in four months. I might get it finished by next year. :roll: lol.
    I know she would love your world! She will be 16 this yr. OH MY! I feel older after thinking about that.... :D Talk to ya later. Cheers

edited July 2014
    Hello Karilyn

I had just uploaded pics of Caw checks, I did it this morning. check it out and you will see how and what I have found, It will show you that Caw does work on worlds also.
    I am NOT trying to step on anyones toes. It's not in my nature. I am just trying to help out. :D It will take you to my google picture page. :D Cheers

https://plus.google.com/u/0/112719962360218941693/posts/bWCGpsfrKBi?pid=6040067312772028162&oid=112719962360218941693

edited July 2014
    SandraKB wrote:
    Hello Karilyn

I had just uploaded pics of Caw checks, I did it this morning. check it out and you will see how and what I have found, It will show you that Caw does work on worlds also.
    I am NOT trying to step on anyones toes. It's not in my nature. I am just trying to help out. :D It will take you to my google picture page. :D Cheers

https://plus.google.com/u/0/112719962360218941693/posts/bWCGpsfrKBi?pid=6040067312772028162&oid=112719962360218941693

That Is really interesting. Did you check your world as a sim3pack? When I checked mine it only showed the world file, not all of the lots and stuff included in it.

PS, my toes are tough and I appreciate your help and honesty very much :)
    We have to deal with these things and we are both adults :)
    My son will be sixteen soon.. and he is almost my youngest! My how time flies!

edited July 2014
    SandraKB wrote:
    Hello Karilyn

That Is really interesting. Did you check your world as a sim3pack? When I checked mine it only showed the world file, not all of the lots and stuff included in it.

PS, my toes are tough and I appreciate your help and honesty very much :)
    We have to deal with these things and we are both adults :)
    My son will be sixteen soon.. and he is almost my youngest! My how time flies!

I exported and saved normal like it should sim3pack. The one that says desert vally lite was a sim3pack. It shows at the upper left side of custard. did you get a chance to look at my Oz sims ? I will start posting pics they're as I go along with building. https://plus.google.com/u/0/ that is the main page url. I need to know the sizes of the lots for the stick houses? If you want me to help you. cheers
    edited July 2014
    Okay, I have exported my updated Oz. I checked it with custard. It shows red (this is what I was told is normal for worlds) but there is nothing attached to it.

I will upload the world to the exchange so you can check it out :) I just want to play it a little first and see it in game. I think the lots for the stick houses are mostly non standard sized lots. I like that style for around Glinda's Castle.
    I added a few rabbit holes but it still needs more, mainly a school. I haven't decided which one to use or where to put it. I might build a school and use a basement for a rabbit hole.
    edited July 2014
    Okay, I have exported my updated Oz. I checked it with custard. It shows red (this is what I was told is normal for worlds) but there is nothing attached to it.

I will upload the world to the exchange so you can check it out :) I just want to play it a little first and see it in game. I think the lots for the stick houses are mostly non standard sized lots. I like that style for around Glinda's Castle.
    I added a few rabbit holes but it still needs more, mainly a school. I haven't decided which one to use or where to put it. I might build a school and use a basement for a rabbit hole.

Karilyn ,a school That would go with the area will be cute! I will make replica Tudor/Stick houses from the pictures I have of EC Oz. The pic where the Wizard is arriving in a bubble from the air, you can see the houses from above. Cheers
    edited July 2014
    SandraKB wrote:

Karilyn ,a school That would go with the area will be cute! I will make replica Tudor/Stick houses from the pictures I have of EC Oz. The pic where the Wizard is arriving in a bubble from the air, you can see the houses from above. Cheers

Thanks! That is just what I was hoping :)
    edited July 2014
    I made a school for Oz. It goes in Candy County. It uses the school rabbit hole from Aurora Skies, the lamp posts from world of wonder, the flowers from bohemian garden and decor from sweet treats. It was nice and small and fit in there nicely.
    I figured in Oz, the kids would like to go to school in a neighborhood made of candy and also it is kind of centrally located.

http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=8361276
    edited July 2014
    I found an error with the lot called "fairy grove" it was a bit sunken in and there was a tree hovering over the lot. I deleted the lot and placed a new one and then built this lot for Oz
    screenshot_original.jpg
    http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=8362648

I am going to have to go back into CAW to level a bridge. It works but looks bad. Meanwhile this lots should work well to fill in that space.
    edited July 2014
    I found an error with the lot called "fairy grove" it was a bit sunken in and there was a tree hovering over the lot. I deleted the lot and placed a new one and then built this lot for Oz
    screenshot_original.jpg
    http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=8362648

I am going to have to go back into CAW to level a bridge. It works but looks bad. Meanwhile this lots should work well to fill in that space.

Now! If I Could only pull out the picnic basket and cane pole do a little fishing and relax. :)
    edited July 2014
    Hello Karilyn,
    I am finished with the house and custard cleaned, but it is having a hard time uploading for some reason. I will try to upload later or in the morning. you can look at the pics in my media page. I did start on another one with a blue roof and brick base. Cheers :)

url http://www.thesims3.com/myMedia.html?action=default&persona=SandraKB
    edited July 2014
    I've been able to add a few more builds in CAW to the Emerald City. It is starting to fill up a bit. There are 3 apartment buildings and I have a city hall rabbit hole and a theater rabbit hole in basements. I am going to add a business rabbit hole. What else should I add?

The school is in candy country and the hospital and bistro are in Quadling country. There is a criminal hidehout in the dark forest and world adventures registers are going in a small market in winkie country.

screenshot_original.jpg
    edited July 2014
    Hello Karilyn

Here are two house's for you. You may change or add anything to these lot's as you wish. I did run them through custard and they were clean, please double check before you install them to your game. :D Cheers

Glindas Circle Home
    Built in Oz world. 3 bedroom, 3 full bathrooms, 3 1/2 bathrms, dinningrm, study, foyer, full kitchen, parlor , the basement has a work out rm, gamerm, bar and hot tub,
    Please name the lots if you want, I didn't know what to name them. :D

http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=8366700

Quadling Home
    3 bedroom, 2 1/2 bathroom, kitchen,living room, In oz this lot has a tear on the right corner in the back, you might want to conform or replace the lot before you put this lot down.

http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=8366698

edited July 2014
    SandraKB wrote:
    Hello Karilyn

Here are two house's for you. You may change or add anything to these lot's as you wish. I did run them through custard and they were clean, please double check before you install them to your game. :D Cheers

Glindas Circle Home
    Built in Oz world. 3 bedroom, 3 full bathrooms, 3 1/2 bathrms, dinningrm, study, foyer, full kitchen, parlor , the basement has a work out rm, gamerm, bar and hot tub,

Quadling Home
    3 bedroom, 2 1/2 bathroom, kitchen,living room, In oz this lot has a tear on the right corner in the back, you might want to conform or replace the lot before you put this lot down.

These look fantastic! Could you let me know the addresses for these lots? I'm sure I can figure it out but I think it is helpful to put the address in the description. And if you do find a lot without an address please let me know.
    I am finding lots of tears in my lots....it happens every time I have to adjust a bridge or section of road it seems....ugh.
    edited July 2014
    SandraKB wrote:
    Hello Karilyn

Glindas Circle Home

Quadling Home

These look fantastic! Could you let me know the addresses for these lots? I'm sure I can figure it out but I think it is helpful to put the address in the description. And if you do find a lot without an address please let me know.
    I am finding lots of tears in my lots....it happens every time I have to adjust a bridge or section of road it seems....ugh.
    Ok, I'm brain dead right now I will look it up.
    edited July 2014
    Glindas Circle Home
    address is 5 Glinda's Circle

Quadling Home address is 15 Quadling Center

I will be starting on address 6 Glinda's Circle later this morning. :D

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top